Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never seen a scone that I know of. It makes me think of the politically correct slogan..."feeding two birds with one scone" (as opposed to the dreadful killing two birds with one stone") :eek: heavens to Betsy!

Then there's..."you can't feed a fed horse." (I won't even mention the original slogan) :oops:
Hahaha...Yeah, let's not kick the horse...remember Boaz :eek: This is what our scones look like:

SCONES.jpg

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love crispy bacon, but don't have it anymore, since Dan became vegetarian. I love couscous - Dan mixes it with all kinds of bed ect
I would have thought bacon tasted the same in both countries !

You would think it would taste the same. I think your bacon is like, from the prime tender cut of the poor piggy :oops: I should look up different recipes for couscous...I know it's healthy but...the couple times I tried it...did not care for it. It's okay, I eat pretty healthy now-Praise God!

Reactions: Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oops that pic was meant for someplace else. Bahaha. Funny though. Dog putting his hand on the Bible. I was responding to Chris's meme of a cat with fireworks. Lol.

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grits shouldn't be lumpy. But they certainly have a consistency you may not like. You can flavor them may different ways. You can't follow the directions on the back of the container. That makes terrible Grits. Never use water. Use milk instead. But not just milk either.

It's a 1 to 4 ratio. One cup of Grits to Four cups of liquid. And you can add anything you like for flavor. I like what I call my chicken grits.

2 cup of milk.
1 cup of chicken broth or beef broth...whatever you like.
1cup of whipping cream or half and half cream or just add another cup of milk.

Heat to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add grits slowly while stirring. Takes a few minutes and they will be thick and fluffy but not lumpy.

I then add some chopped up onions to them and some left over chicken if I have it, and some butter, and cheese. That is a meal itself.

Stranger

Good recipe there, @Stranger. I like my grits with cheese and bacon, personally.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good recipe there, @Stranger. I like my grits with cheese and bacon, personally.

I got it off the internet quite a while back. I was thinking about how good those grits were at the truck stop and wondered why no one else seemed to be able to make them that why. Then I found a recipe that did. Hard to beat bacon. Iv'e even cut up left over liver in mine. But, I like liver.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still not as good as they were in Texas. Everything is better in Texas. I am making spaghetti for dinner right now though. Watching water boil is a bit boring. Lol

I certainly think so, but I am highly biased on the subject. By the way, your daughters name is an old Southern name. Have you ever heard the song "Lorena". It too is Southern and goes back to the War between the States. You can find it on the internet I'm sure.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly think so, but I am highly biased on the subject. By the way, your daughters name is an old Southern name. Have you ever heard the song "Lorena". It too is Southern and goes back to the War between the States. You can find it on the internet I'm sure.

Stranger

I was born and raised in Texas. So yep. :) It is my middle name.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How come I've missed getting alerts from this thread all day? I just don't understand it. And it doesn't show up on New Posts either. I've missed loads.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mum's were a bit like that, she made large rounds and them marked them into quarters so that when baked they were easily separated.

Were the ones your mum made soft? Ours are crunchy.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Were the ones your mum made soft? Ours are crunchy.
Not really, they were like ordinary scones, some of which are a little crunchy, but a different shape.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The ones here look like bloated triangles, lol.
th
This is what my mum's ones were like before they were baked but with sultanas instead of what look like cranberries.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How come I've missed getting alerts from this thread all day? I just don't understand it. And it doesn't show up on New Posts either. I've missed loads.

Oh no!

But, I do agree, the Alerts come and go...many times when I get an alert on someone, I read it and a couple of post above and below..and like you say...I did not get flagged on some people that I 'follow', very annoying. :(