Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watch my intake on all things now.

Like God been trying to tell me this all week. Wednesday at church the Bible study was on watchfulness, that the devil is like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. We have to be on guard. Then Thursday at my other church I go to, it was on the importance of renewing our minds. That we can be eager to love God and serve Him, but without renewing the mind, it can be easy to be deceived.

But fear is my major weakness. And I am sick of the devil tryingg to steal my joy. I have memorized scripture. I need to renew my mind with it.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading about the ten virgins with 5 being wise and 5 being foolish. These were all believers. So I decided that oil has to do something with renewing our minds/truly getting closer to God and developing our relationship with Him. Otherwise, we are depending on others for that, and God wants us personally to come to Him. He has everything we could ever need...

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like God been trying to tell me this all week. Wednesday at church the Bible study was on watchfulness, that the devil is like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. We have to be on guard. Then Thursday at my other church I go to, it was on the importance od renewing our minds. That we can be eager to love God and serve Him, but without renewing the mind, it can be easy to be deceived.

But fear is my major weakness. And I am sick of the devil tryingg to steal my joy. I have memorized scripture. I need to renew my mind with it.
Amen, you are not alone.

Reactions: Mayflower

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading about the ten virgins with 5 being wise and 5 being foolish. These were all believers. So I decided that oil has to do something with renewing our minds/truly getting closer to God and developing our relationship with Him. Otherwise, we are depending on others for that, and God wants us personally to come to Him. He has everything we could ever need...
The Holy Spirit is the oil. He is the power and the fuel which is vital in every Christians life.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It used to be very fearful. I once said that I must have been born with fear.

I was given a little book ( and I don't like the lifestyle of the preacher...but like Jesus said about the Pharisees " Don't do as they do, but do as they say".

This book is excellent . I read it 4 times. And if fear tried to jump back, I'd flip it open and read what I had underlined. It fixed me.

"LIVE WITHOUT FEAR -learn to walk in God's power and peace."

(Forget his name, and just take the words, from God) . By Crefloa Dollar .
live without fear creflo dollar pdf - Google Search

They have it in Kindle and ebook....but I like a book in my hand 'in time of need' and I like to underline. I used to even carry it with me when I "was in battle. "

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is the oil. He is the power and the fuel which is vital in every Christians life.

Yes! My main confusion is the foolish were thrown out where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth. I thought these were believers....

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, Folgers Decaf :)

My new goal has been to stick with one cup in the morning. Strangely enough when I go to church is when I am tempted to drink it in the evening. :D every Wednesday night I am up ridiculously late. Can't keep ddoing that. :D there are some nice decafs and teas for Keurig I can bring to church...and now I go on thirsdays too and that church has coffee. Not to mention Sunday night. Lolol

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is vital in our lives as Pearl says. My thought is what this means. The buying and saling to get more oil when they had some to begin with. It just challenges my belief in eternal security...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want the full manifestation of the Holy Spirit's power in my life. And I think part of that is renewing my mind.