Coincidences? Or Time to WATCH be READY for the Day and Hour Is Near

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that so? Use Bible quotes to show this. Personally, I'm only finding one "last day" in referrence to the resurrection of the OT saints.

I'm serious . . . too many assumptions make things difficult to see.

Much love!
Carefully read the scripture that distinguishes for us the difference = Post 37

P.S. - The TWO Days will intersect.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that so? Use Bible quotes to show this. Personally, I'm only finding one "last day" in referrence to the resurrection of the OT saints.

I'm serious . . . too many assumptions make things difficult to see.

Daniel 12:12-13 YLT
12) O the blessedness of him who is waiting earnestly, and doth come to the days, a thousand, three hundred, thirty and five.
13) And thou, go on to the end, then thou dost rest, and dost stand in thy lot at the end of the days.'

This is the last of the 1335 days.

Much love!
Which is the same Day of the Lord = His Second Coming

TWO Days = one refers to a 24 hour day and the other is His Second Coming which begins the Day of the Lord.

Matt ch24 - "This Gospel will be preached in all the world and then the End shall come."

What day(24 hour period) will that happen? = "No one knows the day or hour, only My Father."

How are we to know that the DAY (His Second Coming) is approaching? = 1 Thess 5:1-11

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is the same Day of the Lord = His Second Coming

TWO Days = one refers to a 24 hour day and the other is His Second Coming which begins the Day of the Lord.

Matt ch24 - "This Gospel will be preached in all the world and then the End shall come."

What day(24 hour period) will that happen? = "No one knows the day or hour, only My Father."

How are we to know that the DAY (His Second Coming) is approaching? = 1 Thess 5:1-11
May I divert a bit? I'd like to ask a question. What is your understanding of the time just before Jesus comes? Immediantely after the tribulation of those days, Jesus said.

I call it the 70th Week. Some call it The Tribulation, with the Great Tribulation being the last 3.5 years. How do you understand this? How long? What purpose?

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I divert a bit? I'd like to ask a question. What is your understanding of the time just before Jesus comes? Immediantely after the tribulation of those days, Jesus said.

I call it the 70th Week. Some call it The Tribulation, with the Great Tribulation being the last 3.5 years. How do you understand this? How long? What purpose?

Much love!
Did you ever consider this:
a.) Jesus ministry lasted approx 3.5 years
b.) GT lasts 3.5 years
c.) Jesus never once spoke or mentioned a 7 year period before His Return
d.) the Apostles never once spoke or mentioned a 7 year period before His Return
e.) 7- 3.5 = 3.5

P.S. - agree = Matt ch24

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you ever consider this:
a.) Jesus ministry lasted approx 3.5 years
b.) GT lasts 3.5 years
c.) Jesus never once spoke or mentioned a 7 year period before His Return
d.) the Apostles never once spoke or mentioned a 7 year period before His Return

P.S. - agree = Matt ch24

Does this mean you see a 3.5 year period before Jesus returns? What do you think begins that period? What happens during it?

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this mean you see a 3.5 year period before Jesus returns? What do you think begins that period? What happens during it?

Much love!

from in depth study of the scripture (25 years+), without adding to or taking away from God's words,
a.) i see from scripture that no man has been or will be given calendar dates
b.) the GT will commence when the Holy Spirit permits the wicked one to be revealed
c.) ALL time frames are under the FATHER'S Jurisdiction
d.) ALL details necessary for us to know are in the Scripture and can only be rightly discerned by the Holy Spirit/Matt 4:4/Prov 30:5-6
e.) pre-trib rapture is a complete lie = it never came out of the Mouth of God = Matt 4:4
f.) we, as the Body of Christ, need to earnestly desire the faith once given to the Saints which leads us to (g)
g.) the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is the Promise of the Father = Jesus said so = i believe Jesus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is knowing who Gog and Magog essential for understanding Revelation?
For me, nothing in the Bible exists in a vacuum, which is to say, it all works together.

I find that the sign to me that I'm on the right path to understanding is when all the various passages are in harmony with each other, and I don't have any contradiction.

Ezekiel 38 and 39 describe 2 wars. The first one is limited, the second one involves all the armes of the earth. The first one ends followed by a 7 year clean-up, the second one ends with Israel forever returned to her land.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, nothing in the Bible exists in a vacuum, which is to say, it all works together.

I find that the sign to me that I'm on the right path to understanding is when all the various passages are in harmony with each other, and I don't have any contradiction.

Ezekiel 38 and 39 describe 2 wars. The first one is limited, the second one involves all the armes of the earth. The first one ends followed by a 7 year clean-up, the second one ends with Israel forever returned to her land.

Much love!

Do you believe Eze 38 is speaking of modern day Israel?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Eze 38 is speaking of modern day Israel?
I'd start with that question at the end of 39,

Ezekiel 39:27-29 KJV
27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

I understand this to speak of what Jesus returns, and the angels regather Israel to her promised land.

Then, for me, the next question is,

Ezekiel 39:15-17 KJV
15) And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.
16) And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.

17) And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

Verse 16 closes the previous prophecy, and verse 17 begins the next prophecy. The question is, Does the prophecy beginning in vs. 17 follow chronologically after the prophecy ending in verse 16?

The prophecy ending in verse 16 is the same started in chapter 38.

To your question, is this about modern Israel, there's only one timing statement given, 38:8, "in the latter years". It's universally acknowledged that this hasn't happened yet. There is the reference to Gog and Magog concerning the end of the millennial kingdom, but there are some issues with that being the same thing, particularly that 7 year clean up time.

Personally, I think this invasion will occur just before the 70th week begins. That chapter 38-38:16 describes a war at the beginning of the week, and chapter 39:17ff describes Armaggedon.

I think that the destruction of the invaders in Ezekiel 38 parallels the sounding of the first trumpet in Revelation 8.

Much love!

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

I understand this to speak of what Jesus returns, and the angels regather Israel to her promised land.

15) And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.
16) And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.

17) And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

Verse 16 closes the previous prophecy, and verse 17 begins the next prophecy. The question is, Does the prophecy beginning in vs. 17 follow chronologically after the prophecy ending in verse 16?

To your question, is this about modern Israel, there's only one timing statement given, 38:8, "in the latter years". It's universally acknowledged that this hasn't happened yet. There is the reference to Gog and Magog concerning the end of the millennial kingdom, but there are some issues with that being the same thing, particularly that 7 year clean up time.

Personally, I think this invasion will occur just before the 70th week begins. That chapter 38-38:16 describes a war at the beginning of the week, and chapter 39:17ff describes Armaggedon.

I think that the destruction of the invaders in Ezekiel 38 parallels the sounding of the first trumpet in Revelation 8.

Much love!

Much love!

Ezekiel 38 & 39 seem to be prophecies that are not chronological.

this is clearly stated beginning in 39:17 and continuing to the end of ch39 vs29

This may very well be God applying His principle of "the first shall be last and the last first".

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Much love!
Eze 39:17 begins a new prophecy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 38 & 39 seem to be prophecies that are not chronological.

this is clearly stated beginning in 39:17 and continuing to the end of ch39 vs29

This may very well be God applying His principle of "the first shall be last and the last first".
Don't just tell me . . . show me. Show me the part that says clearly that these are not chronological. I'm not arguing with you, I'm simply asking for a more complete answer. Cool?

I know they are separate prophecies,

Ezekiel 38:1 KJV
And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 39:17 KJV
17) And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD;

I've come to see these statements as showing the start of a new prophecy. Where do you see that they are not chronological, that is, the one happens after the other?

For me, it's more like, the first war, it's in "the latter days", which because this is a prophecy for Israel, given in the OT, I take to mean "the latter days for Israel", which would mean "Israel after the flesh", since "restored Isreal", the reborn Israel, will continue forever.

So the latter days here meaning in the time at the close of this age. And the second war ends when Jesus returns, based on their being regathered permanently back to the promised land.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't just tell me . . . show me. Show me the part that says clearly that these are not chronological. I'm not arguing with you, I'm simply asking for a more complete answer. Cool?

I know they are separate prophecies,

Ezekiel 38:1 KJV
And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 39:17 KJV
17) And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD;

I've come to see these statements as showing the start of a new prophecy. Where do you see that they are not chronological, that is, the one happens after the other?

For me, it's more like, the first war, it's in "the latter days", which because this is a prophecy for Israel, given in the OT, I take to mean "the latter days for Israel", which would mean "Israel after the flesh", since "restored Isreal", the reborn Israel, will continue forever.

So the latter days here meaning in the time at the close of this age. And the second war ends when Jesus returns, based on their being regathered permanently back to the promised land.

Much love!
i like this = "I'm not arguing with you" - "Show me the part that says clearly that these are not chronological."

Discovery is always hindered by arguing = especially when people argue against scripture.

Here is what i am reading/seeing (this is not 'thus saith' but only careful inspection with comparison to NT/Gospel/Apostle/Rev)

Ch38 has KEY statements such as:
a.) v8 - After a long time you will be summoned. In the latter years you will enter a land that has recovered from war,

b.) v8 - "They had been brought out from the nations, and all now dwell securely."

c.) "I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will come against a tranquil people who dwell securely, all of them living without walls or bars or gates12in order to seize the spoil and carry off the plunder, to turn a hand against the desolate places now inhabited and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and possessions and who live at the center of the land.’"

on the Other Hand - it is thus saith the Lord............as i am not changing a single word or adding to it = PEACE

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i like this = "I'm not arguing with you" - "Show me the part that says clearly that these are not chronological."

Discovery is always hindered by arguing = especially when people argue against scripture.

Here is what i am reading/seeing (this is not 'thus saith' but only careful inspection with comparison to NT/Gospel/Apostle/Rev)

Ch38 has KEY statements such as:
a.) v8 - After a long time you will be summoned. In the latter years you will enter a land that has recovered from war,

b.) v8 - "They had been brought out from the nations, and all now dwell securely."

c.) "I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will come against a tranquil people who dwell securely, all of them living without walls or bars or gates12in order to seize the spoil and carry off the plunder, to turn a hand against the desolate places now inhabited and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and possessions and who live at the center of the land.’"

on the Other Hand - it is thus saith the Lord............as i am not changing a single word or adding to it = PEACE
What conclusions do you draw from these things?

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What conclusions do you draw from these things?

Much love!
Well, i am comparing the description given by the LORD to the current events surrounding Israel since 1948.

#1 - They have never dwelt in peace, and although they recovered from the 1967 'Six-Day War' they still never entered into a war free state of peace and tranquility as we SEE in ch38.