Coincidences? Or Time to WATCH be READY for the Day and Hour Is Near

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, i am comparing the description given by the LORD to the current events surrounding Israel since 1948.

#1 - They have never dwelt in peace, and although they recovered from the 1967 'Six-Day War' they still never entered into a war free state of peace and tranquility as we SEE in ch38.
I've being told - I'm not good with Hebrew myself - that this can also be understood as "living confidently".

I know some people who talk about a "Psalm 83" war, where Israel is attacked, but wins, and defeats the nations that immediately surround them. Obadiah gives a list of areas that seem to fit this thinking.

The idea is that having defeated these enemies, and haing annexed some of the lands of their enemies, this creates the "living in safety".

"Unwalled villages", that seems to not describe Isreal right now!

That's another question . . . where do you see Obadiah fit in?

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've being told - I'm not good with Hebrew myself - that this can also be understood as "living confidently".

I know some people who talk about a "Psalm 83" war, where Israel is attacked, but wins, and defeats the nations that immediately surround them. Obadiah gives a list of areas that seem to fit this thinking.

The idea is that having defeated these enemies, and haing annexed some of the lands of their enemies, this creates the "living in safety".

"Unwalled villages", that seems to not describe Isreal right now!

That's another question . . . where do you see Obadiah fit in?

Much love!

I'M BACK = my short trip was cancelled due to snow/ice on roads

OK - Your post was very helpful, as it could be, but i have reservations about those views = but, could be

however

#3 - a.) You and all your troops, and many peoples with you will go up, advancing like a thunderstorm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

b.) Stated twice = You will advance against My people Israel like a cloud covering the land

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK - Your post was very helpful as it could be but i have reservations about those views = but, could be
I'm not 100% on that either. It makes a certain sense, but I need to wait and see what happens.

That's my position on all this, btw, I know how it makes sense to me, but the main thing is that we know what the prophecies say without all of our mental clutter, so when they are fulfilled, we can recognize that.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#3 - a.) You and all your troops, and many peoples with you will go up, advancing like a thunderstorm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.
Isaiah 17:12-14 KJV
12) Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
13) The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
14) And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 17:12-14 KJV
12) Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
13) The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
14) And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.

Much love!
Revelation 20:7-9

a.) Now when the thousand years have expired, = clearly an actual timeframe
b.) Satan will be released from his prison = clearly an actual satan that is loosed from an actual prison+ a seal to prevent deception
c.) and will go out to deceive the nations = clearly deception returns to earth/mankind
d.) which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog = clearly they come from the entire span of earth/not just a certain region
e.) to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea = cleary supports and emphasizes point (d)
f.)They went up on the breadth of the earth = clearly more support of points (e) and (d)
g.) and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city.

Let us pay careful attention as we read = Proverbs 30:5-6

Last edited:

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
c.) "I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will come against a tranquil people who dwell securely, all of them living without walls or bars or gates12in order to seize the spoil and carry off the plunder, to turn a hand against the desolate places now inhabited and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and possessions and who live at the center of the land.’"

on the Other Hand - it is thus saith the Lord............as i am not changing a single word or adding to it = PEACE
The catching away of the Church is getting ready to happen.

Ezekiel 38 and 39 happens after the 1000 years.

Revelation 20
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Do these look like unwalled villages?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catching away of the Church is getting ready to happen.

Ezekiel 38 and 39 happens after the 1000 years.

Revelation 20
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Do these look like unwalled villages?
Did you read post #66

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when did Christ subject Himself to correction from you?
How can you correct anyone or anything by speaking against the very words of Christ?

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling! Look, your house is left to you desolate.
For I tell you that you will not see Me again until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.’”
After you have been shown that the Lord comes for the second harvest, which is the seed of the woman, which occurs BEFORE the wrath God, how can you continue to speak in such ignorance.

The Deliverer will come from Zion;
He will remove godlessness from Jacob.
And this is My covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

No one is pre-trib raptured in Revelation (ever)= "the Deliverer will come from Zion." = Revelation 14:1, Rev 19:11-13, Heb 12:22-24
How is it that you still do not understand that Jacob is not the Church?
Rev 19:11-16 - Christ descends back for His Second Coming
Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True. With righteousness He judges and wages war. He has eyes like blazing fire, and many royal crowns on His head. He has a name written on Him that only He Himself knows. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is The Word of God.

The armies of heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and pure, follow Him on white horses. And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh:
How is it that you do not understand that the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal is BEFORE the wrath of God, which is before the seventh seal is opened? When Jesus returns with the armies of heaven it will be at the end of the wrath of God. Two completely different comings of Jesus.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After you have been shown that the Lord comes for the second harvest, which is the seed of the woman, which occurs BEFORE the wrath God, how can you continue to speak in such ignorance.

How is it that you still do not understand that Jacob is not the Church?

How is it that you do not understand that the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal is BEFORE the wrath of God, which is before the seventh seal is opened? When Jesus returns with the armies of heaven it will be at the end of the wrath of God. Two completely different comings of Jesus.
Where does the Deliverer come from???

Reactions: marks

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did. Couldn't say I comprehended it.
It was Rev 20:7-9 that demonstrates Gog and Magog rises after the 1,000 years and exactly who they seek to attack

that was all - nothing more

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When He comes to deliver Jacob He will come from Zion. Jacob is NOT the Church.

Mt Zion is in Heaven where the LORD Jesus currently is.

Can you find a scripture that shows us when HE leaves Mt Zion in Heaven to descend back to earth to deliver Jacob.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bozrah.

Much love!
Who is this who comes from Edom,
With dyed garments from Bozrah,
This One who is glorious in His apparel,
Traveling in the greatness of His strength?—

“I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.”

2Why is Your apparel red,
And Your garments like one who treads in the winepress?

3“I have trodden the winepress alone,
And from the peoples no one was with Me.
For I have trodden them in My anger,
And trampled them in My fury;
Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments,
And I have stained all My robes.
4For the day of vengeance is in My heart,
And the year of My redeemed has come.
5I looked, but there was no one to help,
And I wondered
That there was no one to uphold;
Therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me;
And My own fury, it sustained Me.
6I have trodden down the peoples in My anger,
Made them drunk in My fury,
And brought down their strength to the earth.”
Isaiah ch63

Reactions: marks

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you find a scripture that shows when He leaves Mt Zion on earth to deliver Jacob?
Daniel 12:1-3
At that time Michael, the great prince who stands watch over your people, will rise up.
There will be a time of distress, the likes of which will not have occurred from the beginning of nations until that time.
But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the bookwill be delivered.

And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt.
Then the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever and ever.

Revelation 19:11-16
Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True.
With righteousness He judges and wages war. He has eyes like blazing fire, and many royal crowns on His head. He has a name written on Him that only He Himself knows. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is The Word of God.

The armies of heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and pure, follow Him on white horses. And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter.
He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Last edited: