Communion vs Holy Communion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes, both Species is impractical.

sfc-evangelization-training-talk-1-the-great-commission-5-638.jpg

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within 60 years following the Protestant Revolt, the confusion that followed is evidenced in Christopher Rasperger’s work published in 1577, 200 Interpretations of the Words: This is My Body. Therefore, it is not surprising to find that some contemporary Protestant apologists strive to explain away the clear meaning of the institution narratives.
Cannibals
You are all cannibals and you try to call it Christianity.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I switched nothing. I always said, offering was not drinking. The Roman Church refuses to allow the laity the blood of Christ. They offer it, but they refuse them to drink.

I haven't changed anything I have said.

You'r cute photos are the lie. Though I believe they are of real people enjoying the Lords Supper, as they should. They just don't represent the vast majority of Romanists.

Stranger
You're right.
They DO, however, represent the vast majority of Catholics.

I know how humiliated you must feel . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question; Why do Jews not want to be Christians?
Answer: It scares them to worship a God who wants people to eat him and become cannibals.
This is not addressed in the Old Testament.
Catholics wouldn't know that.
Their brain washing is too deeply ingrained.
The Catholic Church is the true fulfillment of Judaism.
Just ask ANY Jewish convert . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right.
They DO, however, represent the vast majority of Catholics.

I know how humiliated you must feel . . .

98%, the Latin Rite, are not allowed to partake of the blood. As I have proved already. To which you cannot disprove. You can only hide behind your definition of 'catholic' and pretend that makes it not so. But it doesn't change the truth.

The Roman Church has changed the Lord's Supper so that they don't have to give the wine (blood) to the laity, and in 98% of the Roman churches, they don't. But the priests gets it.

Again, that's why your avatar has only a cracker. That is all you get.

Stranger

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
98%, the Latin Rite, are not allowed to partake of the blood. As I have proved already. To which you cannot disprove. You can only hide behind your definition of 'catholic' and pretend that makes it not so. But it doesn't change the truth.

The Roman Church has changed the Lord's Supper so that they don't have to give the wine (blood) to the laity, and in 98% of the Roman churches, they don't. But the priests gets it.

Again, that's why your avatar has only a cracker. That is all you get.

Stranger
And I've already proven you wrong about this lie - as I am one of millions of Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.

Sometimes, I reluctantly embarrass an anti-Catholic by showing him the truth.
In YOUR case, however - I have to admit - it's a real pleasure.

Here are some more pictures of the cup being "withheld" from the Laity . . .

Eucharistic-Minister-396x288.jpg
Mass_Eucharist_Communion_Wine_Credit_Mazur_EWTN_World_Catholic_News_11_2_11.jpg
Smith-Vows-194-1024x846.jpg
communion.jpg
communion-john.jpg
image.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess they were right
Really??
You're THAT ignorant and dense?

Here is an excerpt of the writings of Felix Minucius in the 2nd century showing just how stupid the claim of cannibalism was - and STILL is:

"Now the story about the initiation of young novices is as much to be detested as it is well known. An infant covered over with meal, that it may deceive the unwary, is placed before him who is to be stained with their rites: this infant is slain by the young pupil, who has been urged on as if to harmless blows on the surface of the meal, with dark and secret wounds. Thirstily – O horror! they lick up its blood; eagerly they divide its limbs. By this victim they are pledged together; with this consciousness of wickedness they are covenanted to mutual silence."

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??
You're THAT ignorant and dense?

Here is an excerpt of the writings of Felix Minucius in the 2nd century showing just how stupid the claim of cannibalism was - and STILL is:

"Now the story about the initiation of young novices is as much to be detested as it is well known. An infant covered over with meal, that it may deceive the unwary, is placed before him who is to be stained with their rites: this infant is slain by the young pupil, who has been urged on as if to harmless blows on the surface of the meal, with dark and secret wounds. Thirstily – O horror! they lick up its blood; eagerly they divide its limbs. By this victim they are pledged together; with this consciousness of wickedness they are covenanted to mutual silence."
Were they catholics?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I've already proven you wrong about this lie - as I am one of millions of Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.

Sometimes, I reluctantly embarrass an anti-Catholic by showing him the truth.
In YOUR case, however - I have to admit - it's a real pleasure.

Here are some more pictures of the cup being "withheld" from the Laity . . .

No, you haven't proven anything. You just show pictures. Like a first grader. You have nothing. I proved you wrong. You are embarrassed and humiliated. So what do you do. Show same old pictures of the 2% Eastern Rite.

When 98% of the Roman Church are denied the blood.

Put a glass of wine with that cracker.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you haven't proven anything. You just show pictures. Like a first grader. You have nothing. I proved you wrong. You are embarrassed and humiliated. So what do you do. Show same old pictures of the 2% Eastern Rite.
When 98% of the Roman Church are denied the blood.
Put a glass of wine with that cracker.
Stranger
Like I said - sometimes I take real pleasure in publicly proving you wrong . . .

From the United states conference of Catholic Bishops:
The practice of Holy Communion under both kinds at Mass continued until the late eleventh century, when the custom of distributing the Eucharist to the faithful under the form of bread alone began to grow. By the twelfth century theologians such as Peter Cantor speak of Communion under one kind as a "custom" of the Church. This practice spread until the Council of Constance in 1415 decreed that Holy Communion under the form of bread alone would be distributed to the faithful.

In 1963, the Fathers of the Second Vatican Council authorized the extension of the faculty for Holy Communion under both kinds in Sacrosanctum Concilium

From Wikipedia:

In modern Catholic practice in Europe and much of the English-speaking world, Ireland excluded, Communion is offered under both kinds when receiving at Mass.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said - sometimes I take real pleasure in publicly proving you wrong . . .

From the United states conference of Catholic Bishops:
The practice of Holy Communion under both kinds at Mass continued until the late eleventh century, when the custom of distributing the Eucharist to the faithful under the form of bread alone began to grow. By the twelfth century theologians such as Peter Cantor speak of Communion under one kind as a "custom" of the Church. This practice spread until the Council of Constance in 1415 decreed that Holy Communion under the form of bread alone would be distributed to the faithful.

In 1963, the Fathers of the Second Vatican Council authorized the extension of the faculty for Holy Communion under both kinds in Sacrosanctum Concilium

From Wikipedia:

In modern Catholic practice in Europe and much of the English-speaking world, Ireland excluded, Communion is offered under both kinds when receiving at Mass.

98%

I don't care that some Romanists partake of the Lords Supper as they should. It is the 98% that I showed you do not. Cause all you give them is a cracker. Pleasure yourself however you like. You have not disproved what I have said. As I have proved by your own Romanists that the blood is not given to the laity.

And you come up with something from 'wikipedia' instead of the Roman church. Please. You were better off trying to lie by showing pictures.

I don't care if it's offered. Is it drank? Oh yes, only by the priest. Which means only the priest observed the Lords Supper.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
98%

I don't care that some Romanists partake of the Lords Supper as they should. It is the 98% that I showed you do not. Cause all you give them is a cracker. Pleasure yourself however you like. You have not disproved what I have said. As I have proved by your own Romanists that the blood is not given to the laity.

And you come up with something from 'wikipedia' instead of the Roman church. Please. You were better off trying to lie by showing pictures.

I don't care if it's offered. Is it drank? Oh yes, only by the priest. Which means only the priest observed the Lords Supper.

Stranger
Ummmmmm, I gave you a quote directly from the United states Conference of Catholic Bishops.
As usual - you're desperately grasping at straws with this fictitious "98%" nonsense.

Finally - your horrendous grammar aside - I've already given you photographic evidence on multiple posts that your second remark in RED is a complete fairy tale . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmm, I gave you a quote directly from the United states Conference of Catholic Bishops.
As usual - you're desperately grasping at straws with this fictitious "98%" nonsense.

Finally - your horrendous grammar aside - I've already given you photographic evidence on multiple posts that your second remark in RED is a complete fairy tale . . .

See again posts #138, 140, 144. The 98% is a true figure.

Your photographs are another way of lying.

My horrendous grammar style works pretty well, as you have no problem understanding what I am saying.

Stranger