Comprehending The Inner Man 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18 may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; - Ephesians 3:18.

How do we come to know the plan of God. Paul is praying in this verse of scripture that we come to comprehend what it is God created all things. To just say "Jesus died for sin" is not giving the full plan of God. Jesus did die for sin and thank God for that because it was in the plan of God but that is not the reason he created all things. It is by the lamb of God crucified before the foundation of the world..that you can come to see and know the plan of God. God did not create all things just so he could crucify Jesus. Ever think about that and wonder why he did create all things by Jesus. Jesus is the creator - but that is another article!

He created all things because he wanted more sons like his only Son. You can stop right there in the plan of God and know why he created all things. We are birthed sons by his one Son and that is the definition scripture gives for the creation of all things. God as father in scripture is not portrayed in the Old testament. Look at before anything was created you can see that God was a father with fatherly attributes because he loved the Son before anything was created. We have no fatherly attributes from God after creation in the Old testament because he had no one to be father too. When you read the Father loved the Son - you have the reason he created all things (John). When you see the Son loved the Father - you have the reason he created all things. It takes all your struggles in God's creation and they get put into perspective. It is like you get a inside look into creation and what is going on in creation at any given moment. All the outer things in the world take on perspective - you know what is happening in the world. Kind of a crude way to say it but you undestand creation and how it operates. Doesn't make you a genius it just means you understand. It gives what scripture quotes as; being established. Your feet get planted on a solid foundation and on that foundation you build.

When Paul starts declaring Christ in believers ..he says "I'm giving the foundation for everything that you will want to build on." Anything else will not stand. You can be saved and build some kind of flimsy philosophy on this foundation..but it will not stand. Believers know what will stand and what will not stand. If you have to stick your head in the sand at every storm of life - then you need to start building different on your foundation. If it will stand then we must allow the Spirit to give us full understanding and grow in that understanding as he leads - let him move you when you are ready.. don't jump all around always tossed getting nowhere.

In the world - have you seen situations when the home-life of a particular individual is either fatherless or motherless, one of the parents is missing. I grew up like that - first you look for father figures and you don't trust father's. I had a stepdad who wanted me to call him dad. That was like pulling a tooth, I couldn't do it. Pop rolled off my tongue once and that was it no more.

Point I'm making is; in the world we did not have a very good father (nature), hard taskmaster. He did not treat us very well - as a matter of fact he is abusive and cannot be trusted because he is a manipulating egotistical lier who cannot tell the truth. That is who we grew up with a sinning rebel father! we still don't even know it was him - because that lieing rebel father told us it was us doing all the things that we did. When it was him in me..sin in me..and I did his bidding. What a guy, what a snake (pun intended).

Then we get a new father who cannot even be compared to any father. You have nothing to compare him to - scripture is the only place you can look and see your father. If he is still the angry Old Testament God to you..then you have not seen the father in scripture. You will not find him in the Old Testament. Basically what that Old Testament does in a nut shell is; God taking 4000 years to show humanity in themselves cannot give God what he created all things for!

Relook at scripture and see ..he did not create all things just to try to keep people from sinning and fighting with the devil all the time. Dig in just a little to what scripture has to say in the overall scheme of things. Open that blind eye and see why he created all things. All things are created by Christ and for Christ. Those are the words we need to speak and have in our spiritual vocabulary. Words speak..words are powerful. We need to tell the world Jesus came to give them life - a new life not the old made better. Religion already has people getting better.. making a better life for themselves, at least trying. But the Father birthed them new, new creations in Christ Jesus! New father.

They are the sons of God by the one Son Jesus Christ. Christ in you the hope of glory! Remember the word glory most of the time in scripture has to do with the plan and purpose of God before the foundation of the world. That has to be looked at to be settled in the believer as life. It is not a life in the world - it is a life in Christ! Has nothing to do with the world.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
18 may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; - Ephesians 3:18.

How do we come to know the plan of God. Paul is praying in this verse of scripture that we come to comprehend what it is God created all things. To just say "Jesus died for sin" is not giving the full plan of God. Jesus did die for sin and thank God for that because it was in the plan of God but that is not the reason he created all things. It is by the lamb of God crucified before the foundation of the world..that you can come to see and know the plan of God. God did not create all things just so he could crucify Jesus. Ever think about that and wonder why he did create all things by Jesus. Jesus is the creator - but that is another article!

He created all things because he wanted more sons like his only Son. You can stop right there in the plan of God and know why he created all things. We are birthed sons by his one Son and that is the definition scripture gives for the creation of all things. God as father in scripture is not portrayed in the Old testament. Look at before anything was created you can see that God was a father with fatherly attributes because he loved the Son before anything was created. We have no fatherly attributes from God after creation in the Old testament because he had no one to be father too. When you read the Father loved the Son - you have the reason he created all things (John). When you see the Son loved the Father - you have the reason he created all things. It takes all your struggles in God's creation and they get put into perspective. It is like you get a inside look into creation and what is going on in creation at any given moment. All the outer things in the world take on perspective - you know what is happening in the world. Kind of a crude way to say it but you undestand creation and how it operates. Doesn't make you a genius it just means you understand. It gives what scripture quotes as; being established. Your feet get planted on a solid foundation and on that foundation you build.

When Paul starts declaring Christ in believers ..he says "I'm giving the foundation for everything that you will want to build on." Anything else will not stand. You can be saved and build some kind of flimsy philosophy on this foundation..but it will not stand. Believers know what will stand and what will not stand. If you have to stick your head in the sand at every storm of life - then you need to start building different on your foundation. If it will stand then we must allow the Spirit to give us full understanding and grow in that understanding as he leads - let him move you when you are ready.. don't jump all around always tossed getting nowhere.

In the world - have you seen situations when the home-life of a particular individual is either fatherless or motherless, one of the parents is missing. I grew up like that - first you look for father figures and you don't trust father's. I had a stepdad who wanted me to call him dad. That was like pulling a tooth, I couldn't do it. Pop rolled off my tongue once and that was it no more.

Point I'm making is; in the world we did not have a very good father (nature), hard taskmaster. He did not treat us very well - as a matter of fact he is abusive and cannot be trusted because he is a manipulating egotistical lier who cannot tell the truth. That is who we grew up with a sinning rebel father! we still don't even know it was him - because that lieing rebel father told us it was us doing all the things that we did. When it was him in me..sin in me..and I did his bidding. What a guy, what a snake (pun intended).

Then we get a new father who cannot even be compared to any father. You have nothing to compare him to - scripture is the only place you can look and see your father. If he is still the angry Old Testament God to you..then you have not seen the father in scripture. You will not find him in the Old Testament. Basically what that Old Testament does in a nut shell is; God taking 4000 years to show humanity in themselves cannot give God what he created all things for!

Relook at scripture and see ..he did not create all things just to try to keep people from sinning and fighting with the devil all the time. Dig in just a little to what scripture has to say in the overall scheme of things. Open that blind eye and see why he created all things. All things are created by Christ and for Christ. Those are the words we need to speak and have in our spiritual vocabulary. Words speak..words are powerful. We need to tell the world Jesus came to give them life - a new life not the old made better. Religion already has people getting better.. making a better life for themselves, at least trying. But the Father birthed them new, new creations in Christ Jesus! New father.

They are the sons of God by the one Son Jesus Christ. Christ in you the hope of glory! Remember the word glory most of the time in scripture has to do with the plan and purpose of God before the foundation of the world. That has to be looked at to be settled in the believer as life. It is not a life in the world - it is a life in Christ! Has nothing to do with the world.
@soul man Ephesians really does have a strong sense of depth...

Reactions: soul man