Coping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reading "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan.
I am reading the Modern English version.
Well worth reading, eager believers are challenged and trained by its teaching.
Many references to Bible scriptures located after every chapter.
Bunyan lived 1628-1688.
This modern edition is published by Bridge-Logos, Orlando Florida.
I highly recommend this book.

(The major theme in John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress is the cost of salvation. As Christian's journey proves, the road to Heaven is not easy, the cost is great, and the true Christian must be willing to pay the cost no matter what.)

The Pilgrim's Progress - Wikipedia
Yes, my old pastor used to tell stories from that book. I eventually I had to buy it in order to able to read it for myself. I haven't opened it in years. I need to take myself back to it again.

Reactions: Triumph1300

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truman I apologize I read through the thread more.

I have this for you:
2 Cor 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So, I pray that you will be restored.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Truman I apologize I read through the thread more.

I have this for you:
2 Cor 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So, I pray that you will be restored.
@FluffyYellowDuck That's a wonderful verse there; and I'm sure you yourself have proved what it says. :)

Reactions: DuckieLady