Covid-19 is not a hoax (it's way worse than the flu)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you my friend! When we are 'good' it has to because in that moment of goodness, God, the One who is good, is manifesting Himself through us.

When we manifest something Not good, it would be because, as I believe it, we have quenched the Spirit of God!
Lol! You make me laugh, brother. Consistency is not one of your short suits. Give God the glory!

Reactions: amadeus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Josh, thats a made up metric

It's basic common sense? Right?

When you have a cold you can reduce spreading your germs by covering your nose when you sneeze, washing your hands after you sneeze and staying away from others.

When someone unknowingly has covid, they can reduce the spread of the virus by covering their nose and mouth with a mask, keeping a safe distance away from others, washing their hands frequently, and even better get tested if they have visited any covid-exposure sites or have had any symptoms and isolate.

Likewise the uninfected can also wear masks to reduce the chances of breathing covid in.

Reactions: Mama Etna

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's basic common sense? Right?

When you have a cold you can reduce spreading your germs by covering your nose when you sneeze, washing your hands after you sneeze and staying away from others.

When someone unknowingly has covid, they can reduce the spread of the virus by covering their nose and mouth with a mask, keeping a safe distance away from others, washing their hands frequently, and even better get tested if they have visited any covid-exposure sites or have had any symptoms and isolate.

Likewise the uninfected can also wear masks to reduce the chances of breathing covid in.

And mask wearing has been researched and scientifically proven and medically proven to help reduce the spread of covid-19.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And mask wearing has been researched and scientifically proven and medically proven to help reduce the spread of covid-19.

Nurses wear masks when treating the sick to protect themselves. Polishers and painters wear them to protect their respiratory system

Masks have been around for a long time, it's a piece of PPE, personal protective equipment, it's a part of OH & S and it has been well proven to work.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's actually a lie and i know this is a net forum and thats how much its worth but in this case its a little different.

I am a SME and consulting Engineer with one of my specialties is filtration ( every type known to exist) and applications as well as formerly a both a program developer and instructor for the USACMLS ( live Agent training thru the original COBRA facility in Anniston) and have tested both Civilian and military PPE against various WMD agents right after 911 during activation. Mine isn't a "lay" opinion.

For this, they "play with" ISO testing wording on filtration characteristics to "selectively mislead" on these 'scientific tests"

The short answer is that given both the sub micron size of a given virus and the media. The warp and weft sizing of the mask ( be it woven or non woven) is not layered enough to decouple the breathing velocity of the air exhaled against the mass and velocity of the virus.

Also, without a 100% face seal- it wouldn't matter.

Then when compromised by moisture, said filter goes to almost zero filtration because the media fibers become micro saturated.

This is just a thread post but if you wish, i can literally take you to school down to the sub atomic level on this subject in any area you wish and put the facts out there.

This is why even military grade masks (M-17, M-40, M-25 and the M-50 series) with their advanced charcoal filtration capability have only the most limited (and temporary due too moisture tracing) effectiveness against bio agents. ( thats why in real labs they use over pressure systems)

These 95 masks protect against DUST and nothing more.

If you can smell the "odor" through one- it cannot effectively filter any biological agent.

The stories on these "masks' are pure fiction.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saw this on TV last night, an ex-Anti-vaxxer, a person who once believed the countless conspiracy theories about covid, a 42 yo mother learnt the hard way, she caught Covid-19 very badly, to the point where she struggled to breathe and is now warning others of the dangers.

Really sad, but she's alive, whoohoo. I always felt this problem with COVID approaching me in some statistical way. And I feel that fear was from God. So I got vaccinated, and the other day I think I may have got the COVID, body aches and shortness of breath that lasted a day. Still not sure. But I do feel safer being vaccinated. If I get the COVID for sure and I die from it then I did all I could to prevent it and the rest is in God's hands.

Reactions: Mama Etna and Josho

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my friends from highschool died of COVID-19 and another one got super ill and posted his progress on facebook. It was a scary experience to hear what he was going thru with the virus but he eventually pulled thru. There was a father of one of my friends that also died from COVID-19.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's actually a lie and i know this is a net forum and thats how much its worth but in this case its a little different.

I am a SME and consulting Engineer with one of my specialties is filtration ( every type known to exist) and applications as well as formerly a both a program developer and instructor for the USACMLS ( live Agent training thru the original COBRA facility in Anniston) and have tested both Civilian and military PPE against various WMD agents right after 911 during activation. Mine isn't a "lay" opinion.

For this, they "play with" ISO testing wording on filtration characteristics to "selectively mislead" on these 'scientific tests"

The short answer is that given both the sub micron size of a given virus and the media. The warp and weft sizing of the mask ( be it woven or non woven) is not layered enough to decouple the breathing velocity of the air exhaled against the mass and velocity of the virus.

Also, without a 100% face seal- it wouldn't matter.

Then when compromised by moisture, said filter goes to almost zero filtration because the media fibers become micro saturated.

This is just a thread post but if you wish, i can literally take you to school down to the sub atomic level on this subject in any area you wish and put the facts out there.

This is why even military grade masks (M-17, M-40, M-25 and the M-50 series) with their advanced charcoal filtration capability have only the most limited (and temporary due too moisture tracing) effectiveness against bio agents. ( thats why in real labs they use over pressure systems)

These 95 masks protect against DUST and nothing more.

If you can smell the "odor" through one- it cannot effectively filter any biological agent.

The stories on these "masks' are pure fiction.

So what are the chances of the virus landing on the surface of the mask, compared to going through the other side? I would think the chances are slim of the virus making its way through the small tiny weaves of a mask.

And why are a vast majority medical professionals encouraging mask wearing?

And what's your thoughts on this?
Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

Last edited:

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always heard that in order to build natural immunity to viruses we need to come into contact with germs occasionally. God sure knew what He was doing... But if we become China and constantly cover ourselves so that our bodies never come into contact with others {masks, gloves} then we put ourselves in danger of never building that immunity. Let your body do what it was designed to do and when you are not sick, God gets the glory.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of my friends from highschool died of COVID-19 and another one got super ill and posted his progress on facebook. It was a scary experience to hear what he was going thru with the virus but he eventually pulled thru. There was a father of one of my friends that also died from COVID-19.

That's sad, sorry to hear about that

Reactions: dev553344

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are the chances of the virus landing on the surface of the mask, compared to going through the other side?

Need to ask for clarification because that could be read several ways. I want to make sure I am understanding what you are asking before I answer

You talking about the "airborne" gram neutral/positive virus floating out there and getting on the external surface?

Or exhaled virus on the internal surface?

Going "through" any type of filter media is a subject in and of itself- that's why I request clarification please.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really sad, but she's alive, whoohoo. I always felt this problem with COVID approaching me in some statistical way. And I feel that fear was from God. So I got vaccinated, and the other day I think I may have got the COVID, body aches and shortness of breath that lasted a day. Still not sure. But I do feel safer being vaccinated. If I get the COVID for sure and I die from it then I did all I could to prevent it and the rest is in God's hands.

Yeah it's definitely a good added layer of protection having the vaccine. I saw it decreases the chance of being severely ill with covid by 90%.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Need to ask for clarification because that could be read several ways. I want to make sure I am understanding what you are asking before I answer

You talking about the "airborne" gram neutral/positive virus floating out there and getting on the external surface?

Or exhaled virus on the internal surface?

Going "through" any type of filter media is a subject in and of itself- that's why I request clarification please.

Well I believe common sense says a mask acts like a barrier of protection, say if you don't have a mask on, then you don't have a barrier in front of your mouth and nose, I can see how a mask can potentially block a virus from landing in your mouth or nose, while it's not a 100% prevention measure, I believe it reduces the chances of catching and spreading covid.

I did come across something about masks reducing the chance by 65%, but I think I have also seen some say 40%, either way it's a significant decrease in the chance of catching or spreading covid.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something that anybody can look up for themselves and consider what they learn.

LOL Statistics are whatever you want to put on a page.
And you know that I have been asking for people to keep us up to date on what is going on in their area.
I do report what is going on at our local hospital. Then I figured I would check the bottom line....the funeral homes. They have to put the bodies somewhere? Right! I thought the conversation would be short, but it was not.

The lady chuckled and said, I was wondering when someone would figure it out and call.
That particular funeral home had 5 Covid funerals in the last 6 months, maybe 7 months.
They have to charge extra for Covid patients so it is easy to keep track.

She went on to explain that, But their are fewer people dying. She said that normally during the winter they can have as many as 35-40 deaths due to influenza or the pneumonia associated with it, particularly the elderly. This year nearly zero deaths due to influenza. I said to her, that either way the numbers are low but I asked if she thought that they were counting the influenza as Covid. She said, she did not think so. Her opinion was that the things that people do for Covid, even the little things, drop the influenza numbers by a lot.

So that conversation led to her looking up the numbers from January of 2020. 31 Covid deaths from January 2020 to August 2021. But the numbers was much less for the influenza over the same period. Of course I told her our story and she completely agreed... certainly not anything to shut the world down over.

She went on to explain that she thought she had Covid but it was like a rough cold. She said she was sick for about 4 days and some lingering coughs for about a week and a half. Of course she did not go and get tested.

So this is it...bottom line....give your local funeral home a call and see for yourself and you can report back. I am expecting for the numbers to be a little higher in other areas because Covid is not a big deal here. One of the things that started me on this was that, you hear the reports of the hospitals being over run, but never the funeral homes. Enjoy!

I am also expecting that in the US that the death tolls will be higher in democrat controlled cities and in other areas of the world the death tolls highest where the shutdowns are enforced. Again it is my contention that the Covid bio-logical weapon was manually spread and then try to get people to sit in confined areas...ie their homes.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In short, a very carefully worded and deliberately deceptive propaganda piece ( especially the linked article on the study with paragraph 3 & 4 on filtering and mask efficiency).

What they have done is taken junk data and created a "storyline" that completely skirts around every tenet of legitimate filtration ( especially the standards used for single pass filtration as in ISO 16890 and related standard tests)

That's both deliberate and calculated

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is something that anybody can look up for themselves and consider that they learn.

LOL Statistics are whatever you want to put on a page.
And you know that I have been asking for people to keep us up to date on what is going on in their area.
I do report what is going on at our local hospital. Then I figured I would check the bottom line....the funeral homes. They have to put the bodies somewhere? Right! I thought the conversation would be short, but it was not.

The lady chuckled and said, I was wondering when someone would figure it out and call.
That particular funeral home had 5 Covid funerals in the last 6 months, maybe 7 months.
They have to charge extra for Covid patients so it is easy to keep track.

She went on to explain that, But their are fewer people dying. She said that normally during the winter they can have as many as 35-40 deaths due to influenza or the pneumonia associated with it, particularly the elderly. This year nearly zero deaths due to influenza. I said to her, that either way the numbers are low but I asked if she thought that they were counting the influenza as Covid. She said, she did not think so. Her opinion was that the things that people do for Covid, even the little things, drop the influenza numbers by a lot.

So that conversation led to her looking up the numbers from January of 2020. 31 Covid deaths from January 2020 to August 2021. But the numbers was much less for the influenza over the same period. Of course I told her our story and she completely agreed... certainly not anything to shut the world down over.

She went on to explain that she thought she had Covid but it was like a rough cold. She said she was sick for about 4 days and some lingering coughs for about a week and a half. Of course she did not go and get tested.

So this is it...bottom line....give your local funeral home a call and see for yourself and you can report back. I am expecting for the numbers to be a little higher in other areas because Covid is not a big deal here. One of the things that started me on this was that, you hear the reports of the hospitals being over run, but never the funeral homes. Enjoy!

I am also expecting that in the US that the death tolls will be higher in democrat controlled cities and in other areas of the world the death tolls highest where the shutdowns are enforced. Again it is my contention that the Covid bio-logical weapon was manually spread and then try to get people to sit in confined areas...ie their homes.

So this confirms masks, social distancing, vaccines and other protective measures work. :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In short, a very carefully worded and deliberately deceptive propaganda piece ( especially the linked article on the study with paragraph 3 & 4 on filtering and mask efficiency).

What they have done is taken junk data and created a "storyline" that completely skirts around every tenet of legitimate filtration ( especially the standards used for single pass filtration as in ISO 16890 and related standard tests)

That's both deliberate and calculated

So if you think it's made up, what's the aim? What are they trying to achieve?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this confirms masks, social distancing, vaccines and other protective measures work. :)

We do not pay much attention to it here. We never have. Everything is open, people working, going to restaurants, few masks in stores or schools. There has been times here that the hospital had no Covid patients.

This mask thing is serious. This propaganda thing is crazy. People believe just about anything and do not realize they are being manipulated. Even if it defies all logic. How can a mask get you killed? False sense of security. Oh my gosh! Josho your breath is thicker...bigger than any Covid virus. If you can breath through a mask the Covid will pass through and not even touch the fabric of even the best mask. The fit between the face and the mask might as well be a 4 lane highway. The only mask that is going to work is a very fine filtered mask that takes a suction on your face. Those painter's masks with double filters...in this case special filters or a military mask that covers the whole face, including the eyes and takes a suction on the face. Your breath is thicker than the Covid virus....common sense. And of course the cloth masks are useless.

Advise....The masks can give a false sense of security. If we are going to suggest advise....tell the elderly and unhealthy to reduce their travel. Have someone else go get their food and supplies....Safe outdoor activities are important for phycological reasons. Eat a well balanced diet take multi-vitamins...extra C and A and D and Zinc...some sunlight.