Covid . . Are Americans totally stoopid??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you like the Clintons? Good Administration?

I liked the fact that Clinton actually paid down a little of the debt (first and last president since Truman to do that). And his diplomacy in the Balkans and Northern Ireland was highly successful, leading to a lasting peace in both places.

And the economy did very well under his administration. On the other hand, he was deplorable in his sexual behavior. Which is not uncommon in presidents. As one philosopher noted, "great men are rarely good men." Nothing like the pervert Trump is, but still deplorable.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's also because he made a huge step forward in solving our medical care issues, made America respected again in the world, and pulled us out of an economic tailspin, leading the longest economic expansion in U.S. history.

We must live in different worlds.

Apparently, you live in a different world than Americans live. Those are the reasons they consider Obama to have been a very successful president.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's also because he made a huge step forward in solving our medical care issues, made America respected again in the world, and pulled us out of an economic tailspin, leading the longest economic expansion in U.S. history.

Apparently, you live in a different world than Americans live. Those are the reasons they consider Obama to have been a very successful president.
Actually, I live in the United States. Solving our medical issues? Hardly! I'm not sure how we can recover from the damage he did! America respected? By cowtowing to the other nations? I don't think so. Economic tailspin? Look at all his disasterous trade deals! I could go on but why?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here in Ontario, with only half the population of Florida, we have only 139 new cases today of Covid, while Florida has 12,000 new cases, suggesting a significant intelligence gap between the two entities. Is this Trump's fault??

Don't you read the "news" ?
Everything is Trumps Fault. LOL
Don't you see the hate and anger b'cause Everyone will not get onboard and Blame him for Everything!

The Public health care "insurance" ... Medicaid / Medicare routinely subsidizes health care/ hospitals, clinics, etc. Heard from a couple of different sources, with first-hand knowledge, that all new respiratory cases, tested, treated, are being tagged Covid-19 and reported to the Government. The Government increases the subsidized amount specifically for Covid that is directed to be given to the care taker Facility.

Can't say what other foreign Governments do...but oddly just as businesses in the US were beginning to reopen... a Spike in Covid was "supposedly" a reported concern to re-mandate "self- quarantining" while foreign countries were supposedly declining in cases.

Why waste such an effective opportunity to destroy the economy, hault jobs, raise the debt, blame Trump...and gauge how long it takes to get the entire nation inprison themselves.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I live in the United States. Solving our medical issues?

As I told you, because he made a huge step forward in solving our medical care issues. That's why American approve of Obamacare. Would you like me to show you?

America respected? By cowtowing to the other nations?

He only did it once, far as I know...

iu

But it was Trump.

I don't think so. Economic tailspin?

He came into office in the worst economic turndown since the Great Depression. He left office in the longest economic expansion in U.S. history. Trump changed all that. Now we have an even worse turndown, thanks to him bungling the coronavirus pandemic.

Look at all his disasterous trade deals!

Well, let's take a look...

upload_2020-8-4_18-13-22.png

If you think this is a disaster, then we've found the problem.

I could go on but why?

Yes. Why.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I told you, because he made a huge step forward in solving our medical care issues. That's why American approve of Obamacare. Would you like me to show you?
Actually, he introduced an unconstitutional healthcare system, which was partly implemented, until it's uncontitutionality was determined.

Now we're halfway into a broken system. Fantastic!

I remember Speaker Pelosi saying, "we have to pass it to find out what's in it." I still can't get over the irresponsibility in that statement. Except I believe she knew perfectly well what was in it. She just didn't want anyone else to know.

Rest assured . . . Pres. Obama does not have to live with Obamacare!

Reactions: Taken

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus did not seek to save His life.
When lepers cried out He said come near where I can touch you.

Thank you for putting Christ in the center of this - in a thread where the focus seems to be anywhere except to Him!!!

I'm not saying that politics isn't important or worth discussing - but it seems as though the discussion seems to be on Trump / Biden being the problem or answer as opposed to any references to Christ in here anywhere. I'm wondering if the thread title should be "Are Christians totally stoopid"? We have the real answer, and it seems we play around spending most of our time distracted in the worlds games looking to men - and not God as the answer. (FWIW - I include myself in this).

To those who dislike Trump with a passion - my question (or challenge) to you is this. Do you love Him as Christ told us to love our enemies and do you pray for him daily, for God to bless and use him, and protect him? (Same question to those who dislike Biden). If not - chances are that us Christians and our lack of duty may be more of the problem than Trump is by looking to the world to answers instead of God! This challenges me as well - as I haven't been praying for our leaders here as much either - but something I plan on changing as of now.

Thank you @Waiting on him for bringing Christ into this! Maybe it's time to be more concerned about His kingdom and what He wants us to do in this world which is falling down all around us in the natural rather than thinking that the answer lies in a politician.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
upload_2020-8-4_19-44-40.png
If you think this is a "disaster" then we've found your problem.

You defend his trade deals? They buried us!

See above. Rising GDP means that Americans making more money, more employment, and more wealth. That's how it works. Falling GDP (which is what we have now) is bad. Rising is good. Falling is bad. Remember that, and it won't be confusing.

Obama did everything he could to sell us out. Or so it looked to me. But that's just me.

If you think rising GDP is a disaster, yeah, that's just you.

My two favorite presidents? Reagan and Trump. So that tells you about me.

Reagan would have dragged Trump out of the WH by his ear. So that does tell us something about you.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Regarding Trump's kowtowing to dictators)
He only did it once, far as I know...

Do you not remember his "apology tour"?

I don't think Trump actually apologized to Putin. He merely obeyed him when he demanded that the republican platform be less critical of Russian interference in Ukraine, and when Putin insisted that US troops needed to be withdrawn from Germany.

Do you remember . . . when no one would dare touch a US citizen?

Yep. Why do you think Putin waited until Obama left office to put up bounties for killing U.S. troops? Putin waited until he knew that there would be no consequences for doing so.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Several factors need to be considered. New York was hit by surprise. Florida had more time to prepare. It's also possible that people being outdoors a lot in Florida helped. Being cooped up in cold weather was probably a factor in spreading it so quickly in New York, overwhelming the health care system. So far, Florida's hospitals haven't reached a breaking point; but if they do, expect the mortality rate to rise.

I'm also thinking how old people are dealing with it is better in Florida than in New York where inept handling led to a lot of deaths in nursing homes. My guess is the retired people in Florida are less exposed to the virus by staying home a lot. The following statistics interest me more:

Big drop in Florida COVID-19 cases Monday may reflect tropical storm, but two-week trend is favorable

The U.S. has 4.3% of the world’s population, but nearly 26% of the world’s cases and 22% of the world’s deaths.

Those numbers will change, of course, when the virus hits poor areas more. Lack of testing, facilities and protective equipment will doubtlessly change those numbers. Some countries are also too poor to be able to pay people for not working; and where people are forced to work in order to eat, we may also see bigger numbers.
You reminded me of a question I have long had rattling around in my head, and it is this. It is rhetorical in a sense, but I would like to hear your answer before I offer mine. The answer I believe has much to say to the treatment recommendations as well.
If flu bugs and viruses impact people in cold weather, and we are constantly told that summer will bring relief, why is it that the probes to find the virus are inserted into the warmest and most humid orifices of the body... The nose? If viruses love the cold, how come they thrive in the warm?

Reactions: Giuliano

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If flu bugs and viruses impact people in cold weather, and we are constantly told that summer will bring relief, why is it that the probes to find the virus are inserted into the warmest and most humid orifices of the body... The nose? If viruses love the cold, how come they thrive in the warm?

Good question. Viruses don't love the cold. But they do love people with lower immunity. And in some cases, cold weather can slow down the death of viruses out in the air.

Here, we investigate 5 reasons why you’re more likely to get sick in the colder winter months:

1. You’re indoors more. Being stuck indoors increases your risk of getting sick in a few different ways. Researchers in China and at Virginia Tech have found students may get sick more frequently when their dorms are poorly ventilated and lacking humidity. Why? Researchers suspect that the germs in the droplets from a sneeze are able to survive better in dry air. It follows that this logic could apply to your cramped office cubicle, too.

2. You’re exposed to more germs. When you spend more times indoors, you are exposed to more germs. Germs love to live on doorknobs, sink faucets, keyboards and a number of other items that your co-worker, roommate, partner or kids are probably touching too. That’s why frequent hand washing is still a top defense when it comes to staying healthy in the winter.

3. The flu virus transmits faster. This may come as no surprise, but the flu virus transmits much faster when it’s cold out, found the National Institutes of Health. That’s because the lipid coating of the virus becomes tougher at colder temperatures. This means the virus is more active and more resilient and — you guessed it — more likely to infect you with a case of the flu.

4. Your immune system slows down. When it’s cold out, your immune response may, in fact, be more sluggish, found a recent study out of Yale University. Researchers infected mice with the common cold virus and tested their immune system’s response at different temperatures. When the mice were in colder temps, the cells lining their nose were markedly worse at fighting of the virus. More research needs to be done before a conclusion can be reached in people. In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to wrap your nose and mouth with a scarf when it’s chilly outside.

5. Your feet are cold. Cold feet may lower your immune response found a study by researchers at the Common Cold Centre at Cardiff University in England. In the study, researchers placed the feet of 90 students in cold water for 20 minutes. These students were much more likely to get a cold over the next five days compared to students who didn’t get their feet wet. Researchers theorize that chilling the students’ feet caused the blood vessels in their nose to constrict, which in turn lowered their immune response.
Why Do People Get Colds In Cold Weather?

I would expect COVID-19 virus particles to be pretty much like influenza particles in this regard.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good question. Viruses don't love the cold. But they do love people with lower immunity. And in some cases, cold weather can slow down the death of viruses out in the air
I'll leave your several points alone for the time being, but comment on this. The sun is one of the better weapons against virus and bacteria. And if humidity is an enemy to virus, as suggested in your first point above, why does it thrive in the nasal passages of people,? Is there any record of influenza or any other virus ripping out the guts of the populations of the Innuit?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say it is Trump's fault to the extent that he has failed to clean up the agencies that are reporting on the statistics, and he has also allowed bogus reporting to become effective under his watch. Indeed he has put all the wrong people in charge of this pandemic, and shut out all the right people.
I agree. You absolutely cannot believe the utter liars in the Left wing media!

Reactions: Stan B

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks -
Yehren -

Kowtowing-

Trump receiving an award is not kowtowing.

LOL

Reactions: Stan B

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll leave your several points alone for the time being, but comment on this. The sun is one of the better weapons against virus and bacteria. And if humidity is an enemy to virus, as suggested in your first point above, why does it thrive in the nasal passages of people,? Is there any record of influenza or any other virus ripping out the guts of the populations of the Innuit?
Not sure, but I think it's the UV light from the sun that is a factor.

How water droplets interact with the lungs? I'm not sure. I know one thing, that when you breath, the air comes out is at 100% humidity. That means if you're in a dry house, you're losing more water through your lungs than if your house had a higher level of humidity. Again, I'm guessing, but I wonder if the dry cough associated with about 60% of covid cases could be more environmentally caused than related to the virus itself. If you were in a dry environment, you'd be losing more water from your lungs. That might mean water droplets could be more easily absorbed in the lungs? It's very odd that about a third of covid cases have the opposite, the wet or productive cough.

There was a mass grave in Alaska for bodies of indigenous people when the Spanish flu hit their village. Eighty people lived in that village, and 72 died.

How an Alaska village grave led to a Spanish flu breakthrough

One hundred and two years ago, a strain of influenza virus spread across the globe, eventually reaching Brevig Mission in Alaska. Five days after the flu hit the Seward Peninsula, 72 of the 80 villagers in Brevig Mission were dead.

Through a series of events suited to a detective novel, researchers made a connection between Brevig Mission and the flu virus that helped prevent another outbreak of the 1918 flu, one of the worst epidemics ever experienced.