Daniels 70-Weeks Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I backed away from my "just 70" opinion when @David in NJ showed me the 7+62=69.
Seems you prefer to beat me up instead of help. Thanks, brother.
You'll probably say that my smart-ass comments didn't help. I suppose I would agree.
i certainly did not beat you up

But, if you want to know how every muscle of your body feels, just come work with me for a day.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are prophecies that are yet to be fulfilled but there is no more "vision and prophecy" being spoken by God today apart from His Word.

"to seal up vision and prophecy" was fulfilled in CHRIST in which we have Gospel, Acts, Letters, and Revelation

Daniel 9:24 had to be fulfilled by CHRIST because the Jewish People were completely unable in and of themselves.
We interpret differently

to seal up vision and prophecy means that it is fulfilled. Remember, John wrote revelation AFTER ad 70. Even if you do not agree with this, he still wrote it AFTER the death of Christ.

So in either instance, Your belief of what it means is unfounded

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The error of 'Dispensationalism' separates the 69th Week from the 70th
Gabriel himself sepredates the two. So not sure how can be an error

people forget the hidden mystery of Christ, the fact there would be two comings not one. And there would be an age of yet unforeseen (the church age)

so there are a lot of Gaps in OT prophecy.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We interpret differently

to seal up vision and prophecy means that it is fulfilled. Remember, John wrote revelation AFTER ad 70. Even if you do not agree with this, he still wrote it AFTER the death of Christ.

So in either instance, Your belief of what it means is unfounded
To seal up vision and prophecy means TWO things:

#1 - Vision and Prophecy must first be spoken by God thru The Prophet = Deut 18:15-18 and Acts 3:17-26

#2 - Vision and Prophecy will be fulfilled as pre-determined by God

Daniel 9:24 is ONLY Fulfilled FIRST in CHRIST and will only be fulfilled regarding the Jewish people as a nation when the LORD Returns:
Examine Matthew chapter 23 and Romans chapter 11

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! It is violating scripture to separate the 70th week from the first 69 weeks in Daniel. Paul instructs us-

"learn not to go beyond the things which are written" 1 Cor. 4:6

Where in the context of Daniel chapter 9 is there any justification for placing 2500 years between the 69th and 70th week? You have to go beyond the things that are written to believe that. It reminds me of something in the gospel of John -

"When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, 'Lord, what about this man?' Jesus said to him, 'If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? Follow me!' The saying spread abroad among the brethren that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, 'If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?'” (John 21:21-23 RSV)

In like manner, Daniel did not say there is a gap between the 69th and 70th week. There may be variations in the interpretation of the 70th week, but there is no justification for placing it in our future. Give me a "it is written" to support the idea of separating the 70th week from the 69th week.
There is actually quite a lot of justification for it. And you are correct, Daniel did not say it. God through Gabriel said it. It takes a proper view of the entire chapter to understand this. But verse 23 is where it's stated specifically.
[Dan 9:23 LSB] 23 "At the beginning of your supplications the word was issued, so I have come to tell [you], for you are highly esteemed; so understand the message and gain understanding in what has appeared.

Gabriel is not being verbose here. There two different things he is going to teach Daniel. First, the message. The words. Daniel is going to gain understanding of what this whole prophecy means. And in addition, he is going to understand the vision or the pattern being described. The word in Hebrew is "mare" and it means something seen, a pattern, a blueprint. The word is used when Moses received the blueprint from God for the menora when the tabernacle was being built (Numbers 8:4)

Gabriel shows Daniel the pattern of the different periods of weeks and the gaps that occur between. See my logo for the pattern which Gabriel gave Daniel. No one else for millennia has recognized this.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gabriel himself sepredates the two. So not sure how can be an error

people forget the hidden mystery of Christ, the fact there would be two comings not one. And there would be an age of yet unforeseen (the church age)

so there are a lot of Gaps in OT prophecy.
My sentence structure was incomplete and should of said: Dispensationalism created a 'gap' between the 69th and 70th Week.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is actually quite a lot of justification for it. And you are correct, Daniel did not say it. God through Gabriel said it. It takes a proper view of the entire chapter to understand this. But verse 23 is where it's stated specifically.
[Dan 9:23 LSB] 23 "At the beginning of your supplications the word was issued, so I have come to tell [you], for you are highly esteemed; so understand the message and gain understanding in what has appeared.

Gabriel is not being verbose here. There two different things he is going to teach Daniel. First, the message. The words. Daniel is going to gain understanding of what this whole prophecy means. And in addition, he is going to understand the vision or the pattern being described. The word in Hebrew is "mare" and it means something seen, a pattern, a blueprint. The word is used when Moses received the blueprint from God for the menora when the tabernacle was being built (Numbers 8:4)

Gabriel shows Daniel the pattern of the different periods of weeks and the gaps that occur between. See my logo for the pattern which Gabriel gave Daniel. No one else for millennia has recognized this.

That seems to be true in your eyes.

It is man who has determined how the prophecy should be understood and they hang onto the proposition that all of Daniel 9:24-27 is just simply one prophetic word from God delivered by the Angel Gabriel to Daniel.

It is my view that there are five distinct and very separate prophecies given by the Angel to Daniel.

By believing that these prophecies provide information about the year of the birth of Christ, is, in my humble opinion, is flawed.

The prophecies do tell us that "after" the 62 weeks of years that the Messiah would be cut off, i.e., crucified, and will have nothing for Himself. The prophecies do not tell us how immediate the prophecy concerning the Messiah being cut off, will occur after the completion of the 62 weeks of years that the Temple and the City are rebuilt in times of trouble.

The Prophecy of Daniel 9:26b has embedded in its words that the desolation and devastation would be until the end of the war in Heaven which ends with God judging the heavenly hosts and casting those heavenly hosts that do not measure up out of heaven down to the earth where they will join with the Gentile Kings of the earth who are to be judged at Armageddon to be locked up for many days in a pit.

The Book of Revelation in Chapter 20, verses 1-3, tells us that the pit will be Bottomless and that this pit will be locked for a period of 1,000 years.

Paul tells us that all of Israel will be saved after the completion of the 2,300 years of the Daniel 8 prophecy of the Little Horn being given armies to trample both God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts, i.e., Israel, and Israel cannot be gathered once more by God until the completion of the fourth age of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers during the first two ages of Israel's existence upon their Children and the children's children in the third and the fourth Age/Generation.

Christ in Matt 24:31 gives us a clue in the Lesson from the Fig Tree parable as to when the end of the fourth age would be.

Christ then goes on to tell the Disciples that the next Age/Generation would see the signs that he had spoken about in His discourse on the Mount of Olives.

Now since we have seen figuratively the budding of the new buds on the fig tree which represents the nation of Israel in 1948 AD, we can determine the approximate year that God will begin to Gather Israel to Himself and when the judgement of the Gentile Kings of the earth will occur at Armageddon.

There is much that we can glean from the scriptures if we have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Sadly, we often look at the wrong "signs" that will help us to understand the prophetic words of God and so construct a wrong understanding of the End Times.

The Erza Challenge that is being thrown in our faces by the latest Biblical expert on this forum, to justify his theory of understanding, is just one example of this.

The Daniel 9:24-27 will span three and a half ages, from about when it was delivered, before its completion will come to an end.

Our desire to have a Christ centred understanding of the End Time Prophecies leads us into error with resepct to our understanding of God's prophetic words.

Shalom

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That seems to be true in your eyes.

It is man who has determined how the prophecy should be understood and they hang onto the proposition that all of Daniel 9:24-27 is just simply one prophetic word from God delivered by the Angel Gabriel to Daniel.

It is my view that there are five distinct and very separate prophecies given by the Angel to Daniel.

By believing that these prophecies provide information about the year of the birth of Christ, is, in my humble opinion, is flawed.

The prophecies do tell us that "after" the 62 weeks of years that the Messiah would be cut off, i.e., crucified, and will have nothing for Himself. The prophecies do not tell us how immediate the prophecy concerning the Messiah being cut off, will occur after the completion of the 62 weeks of years that the Temple and the City are rebuilt in times of trouble.

The Prophecy of Daniel 9:26b has embedded in its words that the desolation and devastation would be until the end of the war in Heaven which ends with God judging the heavenly hosts and casting those heavenly hosts that do not measure up out of heaven down to the earth where they will join with the Gentile Kings of the earth who are to be judged at Armageddon to be locked up for many days in a pit.

The Book of Revelation in Chapter 20, verses 1-3, tells us that the pit will be Bottomless and that this pit will be locked for a period of 1,000 years.

Paul tells us that all of Israel will be saved after the completion of the 2,300 years of the Daniel 8 prophecy of the Little Horn being given armies to trample both God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts, i.e., Israel, and Israel cannot be gathered once more by God until the completion of the fourth age of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers during the first two ages of Israel's existence upon their Children and the children's children in the third and the fourth Age/Generation.

Christ in Matt 24:31 gives us a clue in the Lesson from the Fig Tree parable as to when the end of the fourth age would be.

Christ then goes on to tell the Disciples that the next Age/Generation would see the signs that he had spoken about in His discourse on the Mount of Olives.

Now since we have seen figuratively the budding of the new buds on the fig tree which represents the nation of Israel in 1948 AD, we can determine the approximate year that God will begin to Gather Israel to Himself and when the judgement of the Gentile Kings of the earth will occur at Armageddon.

There is much that we can glean from the scriptures if we have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Sadly, we often look at the wrong "signs" that will help us to understand the prophetic words of God and so construct a wrong understanding of the End Times.

The Erza Challenge that is being thrown in our faces by the latest Biblical expert on this forum, to justify his theory of understanding, is just one example of this.

The Daniel 9:24-27 will span three and a half ages, from about when it was delivered, before its completion will come to an end.

Our desire to have a Christ centred understanding of the End Time Prophecies leads us into error with resepct to our understanding of God's prophetic words.

Shalom
How does your theory here meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge? Haven't seen any explanation for the command of God recorded by Ezra.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To seal up vision and prophecy means TWO things:

#1 - Vision and Prophecy must first be spoken by God thru The Prophet = Deut 18:15-18 and Acts 3:17-26

#2 - Vision and Prophecy will be fulfilled as pre-determined by God

Daniel 9:24 is ONLY Fulfilled FIRST in CHRIST and will only be fulfilled regarding the Jewish people as a nation when the LORD Returns:
Examine Matthew chapter 23 and Romans chapter 11
Dan 9 will not be fulfilled until christ returns period..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sentence structure was incomplete and should of said: Dispensationalism created a 'gap' between the 69th and 70th Week.
It’s still wrong. Gabriel created a GP between it, Just read the passage. While it would not be plain as day to a jew in Christ day it should be quite clear to us today. Because we have been shown the hidden mystery

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s still wrong. Gabriel created a GP between it, Just read the passage. While it would not be plain as day to a jew in Christ day it should be quite clear to us today. Because we have been shown the hidden mystery
There is no gap between the 69th and 70th weeks = that is man-made dispensationalism/unbelief

JESUS is the 70th Week = ALL the Way THRU = "IAM the Alpha and the Omega" - "the Beginning and the End"

CHRIST put an end to transgression and iniquity on His Body on the Cross and when HE Rose, HE defeated Death and brought in Everlasting Righteousness to all who Believe on His Name.

The Jews must wait until they receive their false messiah as God draws the nations against earthbound Jerusalem.

When this is accomplished Christ will Return with the Saints to execute Judgment and the Jews who escape will finally say:
"Blessed is HE who comes - the LORD" = Zechariah ch14 , Matthew 23:37-39 , Romans 11:25-27 , 2 Thessalonians ch2

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen! It is violating scripture to separate the 70th week from the first 69 weeks in Daniel. Paul instructs us-

"learn not to go beyond the things which are written" 1 Cor. 4:6

Where in the context of Daniel chapter 9 is there any justification for placing 2500 years between the 69th and 70th week? You have to go beyond the things that are written to believe that. It reminds me of something in the gospel of John -

"When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, 'Lord, what about this man?' Jesus said to him, 'If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? Follow me!' The saying spread abroad among the brethren that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, 'If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?'” (John 21:21-23 RSV)

In like manner, Daniel did not say there is a gap between the 69th and 70th week. There may be variations in the interpretation of the 70th week, but there is no justification for placing it in our future. Give me a "it is written" to support the idea of separating the 70th week from the 69th week.
Christians have done the same thing to the statue of Daniel 2. They have dismembered the feet from the legs and inserted a 2000 year gap where God didn't know what was going to take place.

Reactions: David in NJ

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They have more gaps in their timelines than Methuselah had in his teeth! :phew:
Yes, like placing the Antichrist in some unknowable future and restricting his activity to 3 and 1/2 years. Looking to the future for some evil maniacal anti Christian and anti church tyrant with guns blazing and firing at everything and anything that hints at salvation through Jesus, where in reality he is posing as a genteel loving caring magnanimous benevolent Christian institution whose sole purpose is the common good of humanity, and inviting all to a barbecue with a smile. And the whole world is being beguiled by this counterfeit's sophistry and lies.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How does your theory here meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge? Haven't seen any explanation for the command of God recorded by Ezra.

The question does not have to be answered by myself because I have not made any reference to how the Daniel 9:25 prophecy fits into the timeline of the 70 weeks of years.

It is you who has to justify that there is a Ezra 6:14 dependency that prompts when the second separate prophecy of verse 25 fits on the timeline for all of the five prophecies contained in verses 24-27 of Daniel 9.

It is my understanding that there is a time span for the completion of all of the five prophecies that are written about in the verses Daniel 9:24-27, and it is my understanding that this time span approaches three and a half generation/ages/days of the Lord.

The screen snap from one of your videos suggested to me that you would support this understanding.

Have a good afternoon/morning, now.

Shalom

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question does not have to be answered by myself because I have not made any reference to how the Daniel 9:25 prophecy fits into the timeline of the 70 weeks of years.

It is you who has to justify that there is a Ezra 6:14 dependency that prompts when the second separate prophecy of verse 25 fits on the timeline for all of the five prophecies contained in verses 24-27 of Daniel 9.

It is my understanding that there is a time span for the completion of all of the five prophecies that are written about in the verses Daniel 9:24-27, and it is my understanding that this time span approaches three and a half generation/ages/days of the Lord.

The screen snap from one of your videos suggested to me that you would support this understanding.

Have a good afternoon/morning, now.

Shalom
Then for the record, your interpretation does not meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then for the record, your interpretation does not meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge.

For the record, you have not explained why the Ezra 6:14 challenge is so important to the understanding Daniel 9:24-27. You have not provided in any post in this thread an explanation as to why you believe it is so important. All that you have been claiming is that any post that does not address your challenge does not understand any of the five independent prophecies in these four verses.

It is my view that you are introducing a red herring into our understanding of these five independent prophecies.

What I have been consistently stating is that the time span of the Danial 9:25 is immaterial and irrelevant for our understanding of this independent one verse prophecy.

It should be noted that many of the establish OT dates for the events recorded in the scriptures are flawed because they have, as a general rule, been calculated using the 360 day prophetic year, and not the solar years that was created by God.