Dating a "friend"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
I'm in a dating dilemma. How do I let a man know I don't want to be more than friends? Someone recently contacted whom I dated about a year ago a few times. He wanted to try again. I see him as a friend only and have no other kind of attraction to him. We're both Christians. I don't want to use him just to keep from being lonely. And I don't want to hurt him. How do I say that I don't want to be anything more than friends?

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
(TooInvolved1;45962)
I'm in a dating dilemma. How do I let a man know I don't want to be more than friends? Someone recently contacted whom I dated about a year ago a few times. He wanted to try again. I see him as a friend only and have no other kind of attraction to him. We're both Christians. I don't want to use him just to keep from being lonely. And I don't want to hurt him. How do I say that I don't want to be anything more than friends?
It may hurt him but the only right thing to do is be honest with him. There is never any nice way to say it that won't hurt him. It may cost you his friendship too but you can't let him believe he may have a chance when he doesn't. I have been in this situation and know from experience that the longer they believe they might have a chance the more they will get hurt. There is just no easy answer here. Sorry I can't help more.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(Nyoka;45989)
It may hurt him but the only right thing to do is be honest with him. There is never any nice way to say it that won't hurt him. It may cost you his friendship too but you can't let him believe he may have a chance when he doesn't. I have been in this situation and know from experience that the longer they believe they might have a chance the more they will get hurt. There is just no easy answer here. Sorry I can't help more.
AMEN!:cool: