David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible prophecy says there will be 2000 years from when Jesus first came until His Second Advent. Hosea 6:2, Luke 13:32 That means His Return is only 12-15 years away from now.

I don't want to get too far into it with you, as that would be taking this thread into areas I didn't mean for it to go. But Israel was revived after two days. But their being raised up "on the third day" is not necessarily communicating that it will come before the third day begins, Keraz. It can very easily be taken to mean during the third day at some point.

But again, not the thread for it, so I will have to forego discussing the rest.

Blessings in Christ.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, you need to read the original, and accept what this vision describes, and go from there.

Is there something in particular you feel is that specific, that we can put it to the test?

Put to the test?! You mean like 25 years from now, for maybe 50? I won't even be here!

people_and_animals_640_10.jpg

Did I not say "give it time," LoL. We seem to be missing each other at this point.
Are you referring to putting something to the test through scripture? That we can certainly do if you have a passage you would like to discuss.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see the great tribulation in Matthew 24 as the same as the tribulation principle in John 16.33. We are looking - through tribulation - for the Lord's coming for the church; we are not looking for cataclysmic events to happen first, which are earthly events relating to Israel and judgment on earth. This how I see it...dispensationally.

Ok. Only I didn't understand your answer to my question. Is v.14 referring to the church or no? If not, who then is it referring to?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Applied to someone giving specifics about people’s personal happenings.

Yes, it is certainly possible. Only if you are referring to the prophet in question, he would have had to have been receiving from everyone's familiar spirit in there, since he was prophesying over virtually the entire congregation. And these were all serious Christians. That theory would make them all on the level of Christians being governed by familiars.

I was there and I know these people. If that's what you're saying, you're entitled to the opinion, but I'd say it's not a good idea to jump to conclusions about people you haven't met.

No offense taken. Just saying, your theory assumes a lot without any firsthand knowledge.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is certainly possible. Only if you are referring to the prophet in question, he would have had to have been receiving from everyone's familiar spirit in there, since he was prophesying over virtually the entire congregation. And these were all serious Christians. That theory would make them all on the level of Christians being governed by familiars.

I was there and I know these people. If that's what you're saying, you're entitled to the opinion, but I'd say it's not a good idea to jump to conclusions about people you haven't met.

No offense taken. Just saying, your theory assumes a lot without any firsthand knowledge.
Do you believe we have demonic spirits around us that watch and observe and are familiar?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Put to the test?! You mean like 25 years from now, for maybe 50? I won't even be here!

Did I not say "give it time," LoL. We seem to be missing each other at this point.
Are you referring to putting something to the test through scripture? That we can certainly do if you have a passage you would like to discuss.
So then, it's a "wait and see" all the way around whether he was a true prophet or not?

It's a pity I threw my copy away during my purge a couple of years ago.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe we have demonic spirits around us that watch and observe and are familiar?

Certainly. But they don't know the thoughts in our head. As I said, this guy was telling people things no one but them knew. You could say that these had to have been things that the demons could see, but again I would say that is making assumptions without firsthand knowledge.

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually, much can be learned by simply observation.

Assumptions are made on many sides. Telling people about their past, or about the present isn't what offers proof that this is from God. But accurately prophesying the future, with specifics, like the Biblical prophets . . . "Cyrus, my servant . . .", that's different.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly. But they don't know the thoughts in our head. As I said, this guy was telling people things no one but them knew. You could say that these had to have been things that the demons could see, but again I would say that is making assumptions without firsthand knowledge.
Lol, 90% of all communication is visual.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, it's a "wait and see" all the way around whether he was a true prophet or not?

Well, now not necessarily, and maybe I understand your question better now. If you'll notice, I've been comparing what the Spirit (if that's who prophesied these things) was saying in this vision with what has been prophesied in numerous other visions and dreams. I put a lot to remembrance, so that I can compare things to what has already been prophesied almost instantly. And nearly everything in this one coincides.

Now, you could say there's the possibility that ALL of it is wrong, but I'm very up on what is being prophesied in modern times, and when it comes to major visions and dreams, there are no strong competing messages going forth. So that leaves one in the position of believing that all of prophecy has now passed away, and that in turn leads you to having to answer why Joel 2:28-31 appears to be clearly set in the future, not the past.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, now not necessarily, and maybe I understand your question better now. If you'll notice, I've been comparing what the Spirit (if that's who prophesied these things) was saying in this vision with what has been prophesied in numerous other visions and dreams. I put a lot to remembrance, so that I can compare things to what has already been prophesied almost instantly. And nearly everything in this one coincides.

Now, you could say there's the possibility that ALL of it is wrong, but I'm very up on what is being prophesied in modern times, and when it comes to major visions and dreams, there are no strong competing messages going forth. So that leaves one in the position of believing that all of prophecy has no passed away, and that in turn leads you to having to answer why Joel 2:28-31 appears to be clearly set in the future, not the past.
This happened 2000 years ago, you fail to understand what the heavens are

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, 90% of all communication is visual.

Again, is it possible? Yes. Is it certain? No. I leave such matters in the Lord's hands rather than make iron-clad decisions one way or the other.
But I will say this is why I hardy invest myself in personal prophesy. It didn't really concern me all that much that I didn't receive a word from the Lord because He can speak to me in a number of ways and it doesn't have to be through someone else. It's also why I generally put far more stock in major published visions and dreams given to the whole church than just personal prophesies given to individuals.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, much can be learned by simply observation.

Assumptions are made on many sides. Telling people about their past, or about the present isn't what offers proof that this is from God. But accurately prophesying the future, with specifics, like the Biblical prophets . . . "Cyrus, my servant . . .", that's different.

Reminds me a lot of the prophecies that went forth about Trump getting elected.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off have a look at this ,
Hosea 12:10 KJV
[10] I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

Do you know what a similitude is
Tecarta Bible

Yes, but you would need to establish that Joel 2:28-31 is a similitude and not a literal prophecy. When I read similitude here, I believe He is talking about the imagery set forth in visions. But you are switching here very rapidly from literal events to using imagery if you are saying v.28 is literal and v.30-31 are imagery. It's what scholarship would call an "unnatural" reading.