David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, it's a "wait and see" all the way around whether he was a true prophet or not?

It's a pity I threw my copy away during my purge a couple of years ago.

Much love!

Blessings in Christ Jesus! DW was not a prophet, he was a preacher. Perhaps he should of shared his visions with a prophet to confirm or dismiss them. Even the enemy is suttle enough to throw in a vision or two to make one stumble. And today I will share a vision that came directly from the enemy. HiH, I thought this vision might interest you, because of your timeline.
About 5 months ago I sat down in my recliner. I was not tired, but my eyelids closed. What I saw was the head of a snake. It was a king cobra and it was black in color. It was watching me, and looked like it was studying me. I could feel it wanted to strike, but something was restraining it. I had no fear and I opened my eyes. I thought to myself, wow, that was weird and paid it no mind. The next day I sat in the recliner once again and my eyelids closed again. The time I saw a man's face staring at me. He was studying me in the same way the cobra was. His hair was short and he had light colored skin. When he saw that I could see him, his face started to contort and his ears started to change. His eyes turned evil as his face changed. I opened my eyes again and wondered what this all might mean. The Lord did not give me this vision, and all of this was done while I was fully awake and of a sound mind. I have come to the conclusion that this vision came from the enemy, by his will, to let me know he is here, on the earth. And yes he does know me as they all do. My feeling of the one I saw in the two visions are the same and is still young, late twenties or early thirties and has not yet stepped up into power.People can to interpret what I saw anyway they want, but I testify that what I saw is true and that these visions came out of no ware. I was not thinking about end times, but these caught me by surprise. Sorry I derailed this thread but I felt led to share.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know? Or you are just asking me a leading question, LoL.
No, I was wondering if you can point to a particular prophecy of Trump being elected president? I'd be interested. Especially if it's archived somewhere besides the prophet's website.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 19:1-5 KJV
[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

Has He not made His abode with you? If you’ll meditate on verse 3 you’ll see the gifting of tongues.
Verse 5 =
Tecarta Bible

<chuckling> Waiting, I like you man, but what I'm not seeing in that passage is Joel 2:28-31. I'm seeing an over-spiritualization of Joel 2:28-31 as an attempt to explain it away as having been fulfilled. Perfectly ok if that's the way you want to interpret it, but it leaves you in the position of also having to interpret nearly every other passage on the terrible and fearful Day of the Lord as having already come to pass.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, like I was saying, there's not a lot of people I consider to be the real article. There's a lot that offer vagaries like this (LoL. No jab intended):
I think we're on the same page with this.

I think there are some real, and a great many false prophets.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should write a book titled:
"2025 Reasons Why I Don't Know What I'm Talking About -- But I Talk None The Less, Or All The More"

Bobby Jo
Lol, or a book titled how to be a complete sarcastic arse,,,, sorry I’m sure you already have full copyrights to that one.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! DW was not a prophet, he was a preacher. Perhaps he should of shared his visions with a prophet to confirm or dismiss them. Even the enemy is suttle enough to throw in a vision or two to make one stumble. And today I will share a vision that came directly from the enemy. HiH, I thought this vision might interest you, because of your timeline.
About 5 months ago I sat down in my recliner. I was not tired, but my eyelids closed. What I saw was the head of a snake. It was a king cobra and it was black in color. It was watching me, and looked like it was studying me. I could feel it wanted to strike, but something was restraining it. I had no fear and I opened my eyes. I thought to myself, wow, that was weird and paid it no mind. The next day I sat in the recliner once again and my eyelids closed again. The time I saw a man's face staring at me. He was studying me in the same way the cobra was. His hair was short and he had light colored skin. When he saw that I could see him, his face started to contort and his ears started to change. His eyes turned evil as his face changed. I opened my eyes again and wondered what this all might mean. The Lord did not give me this vision, and all of this was done while I was fully awake and of a sound mind. I have come to the conclusion that this vision came from the enemy, by his will, to let me know he is here, on the earth. And yes he does know me as they all do. My feeling of the one I saw in the two visions are the same and is still young, late twenties or early thirties and has not yet stepped up into power.People can to interpret what I saw anyway they want, but I testify that what I saw is true and that these visions came out of no ware. I was not thinking about end times, but these caught me by surprise. Sorry I derailed this thread but I felt led to share.

It's interesting, yes. I can't dedicate this thread to it, but were you experiencing growth in the faith or success in ministry at around that same time?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<chuckling> Waiting, I like you man, but what I'm not seeing in that passage is Joel 2:28-31. I'm seeing an over-spiritualization of Joel 2:28-31 as an attempt to explain it away as having been fulfilled. Perfectly ok if that's the way you want to interpret it, but it leaves you in the position of also having to interpret nearly every other passage on the terrible and fearful Day of the Lord as having already come to pass.
Have a look at Joel 2;27.
Would you claim He wasn’t in their midst?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him ,

What would you say if I told you in all seriousness that I prophesy? And what would you say if I told you just the same that I discern spirits? Would you accept my testimony?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, or a book titled how to be a complete sarcastic arse,,,, sorry I’m sure you already have full copyrights to that one.

LoL. I suppose that would qualify as being pretty sarcastic : )

2,025 reasons is a LOT of reasons.

3451c598d1dda591b226dc65baeab900.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him ,

What would you say if I told you in all seriousness that I prophesy? And what would you say if I told you just the same that I discern spirits?

I would say, "Bring it, big shot!" :) I actually have to a few people over at CF before.
Very easy to talk a big talk. Not so easy to walk the walk.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 19:1-5 KJV
[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

This passage is about the earthly heavens and the stars in the night sky.
V.3 is saying there is no place on earth where they are not seen.