David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, now not necessarily, and maybe I understand your question better now. If you'll notice, I've been comparing what the Spirit (if that's who prophesied these things) was saying in this vision with what has been prophesied in numerous other visions and dreams. I put a lot to remembrance, so that I can compare things to what has already been prophesied almost instantly. And nearly everything in this one coincides.

Now, you could say there's the possibility that ALL of it is wrong, but I'm very up on what is being prophesied in modern times, and when it comes to major visions and dreams, there are no strong competing messages going forth. So that leaves one in the position of believing that all of prophecy has now passed away, and that in turn leads you to having to answer why Joel 2:28-31 appears to be clearly set in the future, not the past.
Perhaps you may want to expand your view of modern day prophecies.

If you listen to your own "group" as it were, yes, they will be a lot the same. The farther you go from your group, and the further you to back in time, the more glaring the inconsistencies.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My prophecy . . .
In the coming years . . .

Depravity in the church!
Destruction to the infrastructure!
Disease throughout the land!
Dissolution of the government!
Default in the economy!
Dogs tearing people apart!

in other words . . . D-Day is coming!

(not)

Will these things happen? Is this prophecy?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . D-Day is coming!
(not)
Will these things happen? Is this prophecy?

Perhaps you should write a book titled:
"2025 Reasons Why I Don't Know What I'm Talking About -- But I Talk None The Less, Or All The More"

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"True" doesn't cut it. "HOW" is the question.

How do we know where we are in Prophetic History?

How do we know that we've entered the Tribulation -- or not? -- And YES, we're in the Tribulation.

How do we know what the future holds?

How can we survive the Tribulation?​

... among other "hows",
Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but you would need to establish that Joel 2:28-31 is a similitude and not a literal prophecy. When I read similitude here, I believe He is talking about the imagery set forth in visions. But you are switching here very rapidly from literal events to using imagery if you are saying v.28 is literal and v.30-31 are imagery. It's what scholarship would call an "unnatural" reading.

Psalm 19:1-5 KJV
[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

Has He not made His abode with you? If you’ll meditate on verse 3 you’ll see the gifting of tongues.
Verse 5 =
Hebrews 12:1 KJV
[1] Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

The self centered gospel says it’s about my generation

Who are the heavens?

Tecarta Bible
Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but you would need to establish that Joel 2:28-31 is a similitude and not a literal prophecy. When I read similitude here, I believe He is talking about the imagery set forth in visions. But you are switching here very rapidly from literal events to using imagery if you are saying v.28 is literal and v.30-31 are imagery. It's what scholarship would call an "unnatural" reading.

[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

Has He not made His abode with you? If you’ll meditate on verse 3 you’ll see the gifting of tongues.
Verse 5 =
Tecarta Bible

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Verse 5 =
Tecarta Bible
Great Psalm! (I'm not sure about the tongues reference...)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Peter say this this was what the people in his day were witnessing the fulfillment of?

For Joel it was future . . . for Peter it was present.

But v.30-31 did not come to pass in Peter's time, hence it is still future for us. Was talking about this with Waiting in Post #200. It forces an argument like the one he is using. Haven't read his response yet.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The self centered gospel says look it’s right here in Joel 2;28 let’s look at Joel 2;27
Joel 2:27 KJV
[27] And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

He said to them....

Acts 2:22 KJV
[22] Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Tecarta Bible
Tecarta Bible

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you may want to expand your view of modern day prophecies.

If you listen to your own "group" as it were, yes, they will be a lot the same. The farther you go from your group, and the further you to back in time, the more glaring the inconsistencies.

Much love!

I think other "groups" you would be referring to would be like Clement whatshisface, and people that ran with him. Yeah, like I was saying, there's not a lot of people I consider to be the real article. There's a lot that offer vagaries like this (LoL. No jab intended):
My prophecy . . .
In the coming years . . .

Depravity in the church!
Destruction to the infrastructure!
Disease throughout the land!
Dissolution of the government!
Default in the economy!
Dogs tearing people apart!

in other words . . . D-Day is coming!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But v.30-31 did not come to pass in Peter's time, hence it is still future for us. Was talking about this with Waiting in Post #200. It forces an argument like the one he is using. Haven't read his response yet.
Agreed.

So, what other clues does the Bible give about when these might be fulfilled?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should write a book titled:
"2025 Reasons Why I Don't Know What I'm Talking About -- But I Talk None The Less, Or All The More"

Bobby Jo
I mean, why do you have to be so abrasive? Do you not know what I'm getting at?