David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure and Joel 2:27

23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

This passage is set in the future. The former rain is a reference to the first outpouring on Pentecost (you don't have to believe on this), and the second is set to happen in the future as I described in my longer post earlier in this thread. Floors full of wheat, vats with wine, restoring the years the cankerworm ate, etc. are all referring to the restoration of true spiritual food and drink when the second outpouring comes. And yes, the Lord will most CERTAINLY be in their midst when this time finally approaches : )

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'd need to be more specific. Are you talking about someone giving personal prophesies here, or sharing a vision or dream they believed had bearing on the entire church?
I'm asking you. What would authenticate me in your eyes as one who has a prophetic ministry?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Do you not know what I'm getting at?

Yep, -- that you don't have a clue as to what Bible Prophecy presents and History fulfills. So you bather that somehow because YOU'RE IGNORANT, that somehow Bible Prophecy is a contrivance to be MOCKED.

"D-day", -- as though it weren't already addressed in Prophetic Scripture. Grow up.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you prophesied things that proved to be accurate. Substantive things, mind you. Not just vagaries like "marks will be blessed in 2020, and receive the double anointing." :rolleyes:

Ill informed people won't accept the most foundational Prophetic Truths. -- They're called scoffers. :)

Bobby Jo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prophesy having a child in 2020. :p I will have a double trouble anointing. :D

God help you! LoL.

bb8949995599cbf523ee944eec6a75da--por-favor-favors.jpg

Reactions: Mayflower

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prophesy having a child in 2020. :p I will have a double trouble anointing. :D

It's probably a good thing that you won't have to worry about fleeing an onslaught of troops, but having a young child (or double trouble -twins?) will be more challenging when we can't buy or sell, and some will be taken to "concentration camps" for refusing to accept the "mark of the beast".

It seems to me we can "pray" or we can "prepare" and then pray for wisdom. I prefer the latter, and so should you ...

Bobby Jo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's probably a good thing that you won't have to worry about fleeing an onslaught of troops, but having a young child (or double trouble -twins?) will be more challenging when we can't buy or sell, and some will be taken to "concentration camps" for refusing to accept the "mark of the beast".

It seems to me we can "pray" or we can "prepare" and then pray for wisdom. I prefer the latter, and so should you ...

Bobby Jo

Well I am sure God will help us prepare when the time comes. Right now we are preparing for a second addition. :D But I'll get out of this convo. I'm just reading along.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am sure God will help us prepare when the time comes. Right now we are preparing for a second addition. :D But I'll get out of this convo. I'm just reading along.

You appear to be giving your old enemy Anxiety the left foot of fellowship these days. Very good : )

Reactions: Mayflower

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am sure God will help us prepare when the time comes. ...

It's important to hear from GOD, but GOD has equally sent Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers. So don't be like the man in the flood where he turned away a "high-water-vehicle", a "boat", and a "helicopter", -- waiting for GOD to "rescue" him. Sometimes GOD sends his servants.

And we ARE some 18 months into the 42 month (NOT "seven-year") Tribulation.
Bobby Jo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's important to hear from GOD, but GOD has equally sent Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers. So don't be like the man in the flood where he turned away a "high-water-vehicle", a "boat", and a "helicopter", -- waiting for GOD to "rescue" him. Sometimes GOD sends his servants.

And we ARE some 18 months into the 42 month (NOT "seven-year") Tribulation.
Bobby Jo

God provides for us check by check. If there is a way He wants us to prepare, He will give us what we need. Right now, having a mind of peace is the greatest way I am preparing for my family. And I think that is going to be harder to have when the time comes then with provision. If God can feed a woman and her son and Elijah with neverending oil and His children with manna from Heaven, I'm not going to worry about what to eat or drink or how to not die. We need to focus on Christ and the Kingdom. No matter if Tribulation is now or coming.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... If there is a way He wants us to prepare, He will give us what we need. ...

You have been given INSTRUCTIONS to get what you need YOURSELF!

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

If you don't take action YOURSELF, you won't have "Jesus" to blame. But you WILL need a MIRROR.

Good Luck -- and you're going to need LUCK because we're ALREADY some 18 months into the 42 month (NOT "seven-year") Tribulation.
Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you prophesied things that proved to be accurate. Substantive things, mind you. Not just vagaries like "marks will be blessed in 2020, and receive the double anointing." :rolleyes:
I'd agree with that.

What if I did sometimes, and didn't other times?

And I'm curious what you feel the scope of modern day prophecy to be? Of course foretelling the future, also encouraging? Annointed teaching? These things? Other things? Just curious what you think about this.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd agree with that.

What if I did sometimes, and didn't other times?

And I'm curious what you feel the scope of modern day prophecy to be? Of course foretelling the future, also encouraging? Annointed teaching? These things? Other things? Just curious what you think about this.

Much love!

Modern day prophecy at the moment? There's not a ton of accurate prophecy going forth, so judging the scope of accurate prophecy would be a mistake when trying to answer it from what we see happening now. The primary value in it, in our time anyway, is in knowing what the Spirit is saying to the churches (i.e. through visions and dreams), though there are certainly a number of other uses when it is the true gift; exhortation and comfort, warnings, revelations, etc.

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, -- that you don't have a clue as to what Bible Prophecy presents and History fulfills. So you bather that somehow because YOU'RE IGNORANT, that somehow Bible Prophecy is a contrivance to be MOCKED.

"D-day", -- as though it weren't already addressed in Prophetic Scripture. Grow up.

Bobby Jo
No, you've missed it entirely. That literally just anyone can string together a list of things according to what is already out there, and it doesn't make one a prophet to be able to do so. Many do this, but it's the Band Wagon Effect.

And a lot of people jump onto that Band Wagon as it rolls by, Lots of enthusiasm, they're all saying the same thing, it's all spectacular, and we're the In Crowd!

This is what I'm talking about.