• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What lie or fairy tale did I "make up"?
WHY do you have to keep rehashing this?
I already proved this back in post #176, when I showed you the following:
LIE #1
Diotrephes
was NOT the first Pope.
Peter was – and Irenaeus lists him as such in his 2nd century treatise, Against Heresies.

LIE #2
Constantine
was NOT the first Pope.
As a matter of fact – he wasn’t even a Catholic until his deathbed.

LIE #3
Catholics do NOT believe in a “works salvation” as outlined in the Catechism, paragraphs 1987-2011.

It's time to move on . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have sought to condemn me by claiming before the throne of the Lord that I have lied;
When the reality was that I was likely misinformed.
You won't accept that.
You insist on the idea, before the throne of the Lord, that I intentionally lied about your denomination.
If that were true, I would be condemned before the throne of the Lord (Revelation 21:8).
But it isn't true.
And I have pleaded the blood of Jesus over the fact that I repeated misinformation; which may not even really be a sin in God's sight.
But you have insisted that it is a sin.
And since I have pleaded the blood, Jesus paid the penalty for what I did if it be a sin.
But if it is not a sin, then in a sense you are even accusing Jesus of being guilty of a sin that He didn't commit.
Because if I didn't commit a sin, then you forced me to plead the blood of Jesus over something that wasn't even a sin; and therefore Jesus has to pay the penalty for something that wasn't even a sin; as though it were a sin; because if you insist before the throne of God that it was a sin, then Jesus has to pay for it whether it was a sin or not.
Because He would do that for me in order to cause the accusation to go away.
You need to be careful about wanting so badly to win an argument...

Because I may indeed let you win the argument in the end if you want to insist on continuing to battle.

However it is true that you can win an argument to the loss of your own eternal soul.

And that is where this is heading if you do not choose your response, very carefully.
No - I never "condemned" you so stop being so dramatic and have faith.

I simply pointed out the fact that you lied. Do you believe that you can be forgiven?
I certainly do, so nobody is "condemning" you.

Just don't do it anymore.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I never "condemned" you so stop being so dramatic and have faith.
All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8)...and whether you believe it or not, in accusing me of lying you accused me of being a liar.

That is serious in my book.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The OP argues in favor of justification as a one time event, but the last line closes with the Catholic position of ongoing justification. Which is it?

THE THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED!

How many times are you born again?
Once.

Christ died once, sins are remitted, pardoned, redeemed, and removed....

You become a "new Creation", IN Christ.

This is all ONCE.

Now a person is a "babe in Christ" having just been BORN again.
You then "work out your salvation". This means you learn now to live in it and exits in it.. = Discipleship.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8)...and whether you believe it or not, in accusing me of lying you accused me of being a liar.

That is serious in my book.
Then YOU don't believe in the forgiveness of Christ.
ANY liar, thief, rapist, murderer, etc. can be forgiven by repenting and coming to Christ.

We don't get to sin - then pretend we didn't . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many times are you born again?
Once.

Christ died once, sins are remitted, pardoned, redeemed, and removed....

You become a "new Creation", IN Christ.

This is all ONCE.

Now a person is a "babe in Christ" having just been BORN again.
You then "work out your salvation". This means you learn now to live in it and exits in it.. = Discipleship.
It's NOT about being "born again" several times. It's about forgiveness.

You don't requires forgiveness only ONCE in your life - but EVERY time you sin. That's why Jesus told Peter that he must for give his brother SEVENTY times SEVEN times. In other words - INFINITE forgiveness, like God has for US.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's NOT about being "born again" several times. It's about forgiveness.

You don't requires forgiveness only ONCE in your life - but EVERY time you sin. That's why Jesus told Peter that he must for give his brother SEVENTY times SEVEN times. In other words - INFINITE forgiveness, like God has for US.

You already have "infinite forgiveness".
Its the "Blood Atonement".
Now go and study : Romans 4:8

And study Colossians 2:13

And Romans 3:21 - 28

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY do you have to keep rehashing this?
I already proved this back in post #176, when I showed you the following:
LIE #1
Diotrephes
was NOT the first Pope.
Peter was – and Irenaeus lists him as such in his 2nd century treatise, Against Heresies.

LIE #2
Constantine
was NOT the first Pope.
As a matter of fact – he wasn’t even a Catholic until his deathbed.

LIE #3
Catholics do NOT believe in a “works salvation” as outlined in the Catechism, paragraphs 1987-2011.

It's time to move on . . .
I didn't "make up" these things. It was repeated information (even if some of it was misinformation).

Revelation 21:8 is qualified by

Rev 22:15, For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

You have accused me of making a lie here. I wonder if you are not the accuser himself; disguised as a Catholic. After all, he does in fact come as an angel of light.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.