• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DERAILED!
Get back on topic and take your Catholic arguments to a private conversation....or start your own thread.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that having Catholic arguments is more acceptable than accusing your opponent of being a liar, personally.

If they could merely keep things civil, it would be a more pleasant experience to be on these boards.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that having Catholic arguments is more acceptable than accusing your opponent of being a liar, personally.

If they could merely keep things civil, it would be a more pleasant experience to be on these boards.
Calling someone a liar is an attack on a members character and against forum rules.
Telling them their information they posted is a lie is not calling them a liar personally. The information is being challenged as a lie.
This is @Behold's thread and it has become a battlefield of differences of beliefs concerning the Catholic faith.
There is no winner in this and it needs to stop.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...well, I broke forum rules because of the fact that I don't see much of a difference in the true.

To me, accusing someone of lying is the same as accusing them of being a liar.

That is my personal opinion; and others also hold the same opinion.

But you can believe what you want.

I will go back and change my posts so that they fit more in line with the rules of the forum.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ummmm, ANYBODY who knows Christ can discern the darkness from your paramilitary cult, "aggressoivechristianity.net" . . .
See you did it again, you should stop visiting it , you know teh truth upsets you, But how can a blind man know when he is in the light.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...well, I broke forum rules because of the fact that I don't see much of a difference in the true.

To me, accusing someone of lying is the same as accusing them of being a liar.

That is my personal opinion; and others also hold the same opinion.

But you can believe what you want.

I will go back and change my posts so that they fit more in line with the rules of the forum.
Yes it can be taken that way.....just get back on topic please.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, they had already lost the argument and had nothing more to say.

So telling them to take it to another thread only gives them an excuse to say that they didn't, in fact, lose the argument and there will be another battle on another day; which they will also lose.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you did it again, you should stop visiting it , you know teh truth upsets you, But how can a blind man know when he is in the light.
I already told you - I don't visit there.
I gleaned whatever information I needed to a long time ago to discern that it is a place of darkness.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Wrong", my foot.
It's Deut. 19:15 - and part of the MOSAIC Law.

The first 5 Books of the OT contain the LAW.
Don't you know your Bible??
WRONG AGAIN (let the reader decide).
You are simply in denial of the truth.
WRONG, yet again (let the reader decide; and also Jesus, on your day of judgment).
And you can scream "WRONG" all you want - but the fact is that I caught you in THREE lies, quoted them and debunked them is plain for ALL to see (Post #176).

You have YET to do that to me . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Civil" starts with telling the truth - not with making up fairy tales to further your anti-Catholic arguments.
You have repeated lie after lie after lie about what the Catholic Church teaches and how it started.

Just stick to the facts as to why you disagree with the Church and things would remain civil,
However, when you begin this orgy of lies - you completely remove ALL civility from the dialog.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Wrong", my foot.
It's Deut. 19:15 - and part of the MOSAIC Law.

The first 5 Books of the OT contain the LAW.
Don't you know your Bible??

And you can scream "WRONG" all you want - but the fact is that I caught you in THREE lies, quoted them and debunked them is plain for ALL to see (Post #176).

You have YET to do that to me . . .
Yet another lie...

You would do well also to heed the voice of the moderators...if you are not careful they are going to close this thread and may also come down on you with some form of discipline.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife,

In accusing me of lying I believe that you have accused me of being a liar; and that your accusation has placed me in danger of the lake of fire according to Revelation 21:8, if it be found to be true.

I have to admit that I was angry with you over this; but then, I realize that if you hadn't done it, the devil would have, on my day of judgment; so it is better that it be hashed out here on the earth rather than on my day of judgment.

And I was angry with you because it seems that you were seeking my condemnation; and therefore I felt justified in condemning you in return because of Isaiah 54:17.

But after praying about it (at first I did pray that the Lord would eternally condemn you) and after asking the Lord to search my heart and to see if there be any wicked way in me (and he showed me that my wanting to condemn you was in fact righteousness according to Isaiah 54:17); I also discovered that it is even more righteous for me to forgive you for what you have done to me.

So, I want to say unequivocally that I forgive you for your accusations; and that I also pray the Lord that He will forgive you for having taken on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren.

Love in Christ,

@justbyfaith.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
-
What is "dead faith", as found regarding a verse in James.?

Dead faith is when you become cold to the things of God and probably backslide.

People who get lost/stuck in Hebrews, Matthew and James, which are the heretics handbook, do not actually read those verses in James very closely.. But instead they just teach a bumper sticker ...."dead faith".

So, Listen....

First you have to have to recognize that there is the "justification by faith, without the deeds of the law"", and "saved by Grace through faith".....as a one time event where God took our faith and gave us the Righteousness of Christ... So, that FAITH, is singular and one time, as proven by the fact that you are BORN AGAIN, one time.

= We took Jesus and God took us...born again..Eternal Redemption...."we have PEACE WTH GOD", because we are justified by the FAITH that God accepted to give us the New Birth.

So, that is COMPLETE.....Born again, is not a evolutionary process. WE are born as a SON of God.. A BRIDE of CHRIST.. THE BODY OF CHRIST....BRETHREN,.....not as an infant who needs to turn into a boy, who need to grow into a SON.
We are born again a "SON of God".

So, let look at the verses....

Notice this......"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone"".
Notice that faith it still there, but it's alone. So, its dead, but still there... And when its active, when a person is walking the walk....then there is fruit.

This Faith that James is talking about.... is "work out your salvation".....In other words. You HAVE SALVATION.....its YOURS...... so, learning how to operate it as a DISCIPLE...would be, Discipleship....

Now lets get to the revelation so that we can bury the heretic's wrongly dividing of James.

Notice this verse carefully...."Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me Your faith without thy works, and I will shew YOU my faith by my works..
Look carefully at this part.....James says...>"And i will show YOU YOU YOU my FAITH....by my works..

So, reader, who is James showing His faith to?? = A.) NOT GOD
James is showing faith to other BELIEVERS......... they are the "YOU".
We are to show that we are IN THE FAITH, that its not DEAD, by proving our good works before OTHER PEOPLE..... Or as James says..>"ill show YOU YOU YOU my Faith, by my works.".
This is the perfect correlation with "you shall know them, (believers) by their fruit", their works...
You shall recognize a believer who has no works as someone whose faith is "dead"...(Backslidden) vs, someone like James who will show YOU his living faith by His WORKS.

So, in all cases of Faith, regarding bearing fruit, this is discipleship, and is separate from "Justified by Faith" = Salvation, whereby God has eternally accepted you and saved you and will keep you.

There is "Faith" that God accepts ONE TIME, to save you, and the proof He did is that you are born again = once.
And then there is the walking out, the working out, the learning how to live a perfected Christian Discipleship. "work out your salvation in awe and wonder" = that is the daily living out the faith that you are inside of, being "in Christ".
The OP argues in favor of justification as a one time event, but the last line closes with the Catholic position of ongoing justification. Which is it?
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DERAILED!
Get back on topic and take your Catholic arguments to a private conversation....or start your own thread.
THE THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another lie...

You would do well also to heed the voice of the moderators...if you are not careful they are going to close this thread and may also come down on you with some form of discipline.
No - it's not a "lie".
Anybody who reads post #176 can see for themselves the 3 lies of YOURS that I debunked.

As for closing this thread - bring it on.
I'm sick of having to do battle with the hateful ignorance of anti-Catholics around here anyway . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pro 11:12, He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.

You are a hate-monger and I will have none of it.

I have shown clearly that you have lied more than six times on this thread and you contnue to be in denial and also think yourself to be a judge of those who have done less than half of what you yourself are guilty of.

If you want to have a free reign to spread more lies about Catholicism in favour of the religion, you almost have your wish.

Because I am about to place you on Ignore permanently.

The LORD be the judge between me and you...

You have sided with the accuser of the brethren and I also have pleaded the blood of Jesus over my sin (what there was of it).

If you consider that this does not avail for me; and wish to continue your accusations...

Then know that your faith will also not allow for it to avail for you on your own day of judgment.
Once again - civility begins with truth.
And if YOU can't stay truthful - then you simply shouldn't post anything.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife,In accusing me of lying I believe that you have accused me of being a liar; and that your accusation has placed me in danger of the lake of fire according to Revelation 21:8, if it be found to be true.
I have to admit that I was angry with you over this; but then, I realize that if you hadn't done it, the devil would have, on my day of judgment; so it is better that it be hashed out here on the earth rather than on my day of judgment.
And I was angry with you because it seems that you were seeking my condemnation; and therefore I felt justified in condemning you in return because of Isaiah 54:17.
But after praying about it (at first I did pray that the Lord would eternally condemn you) and after asking the Lord to search my heart and to see if there be any wicked way in me (and he showed me that my wanting to condemn you was in fact righteousness according to Isaiah 54:17); I also discovered that it is even more righteous for me to forgive you for what you have done to me.

So, I want to say unequivocally that I forgive you for your accusations; and that I also pray the Lord that He will forgive you for having taken on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren.

Love in Christ,

@justbyfaith.
That's funny - I've never prayed for YOUR condemnation.
I have simply asked the Lord to help you to be honest and turn from your lies.

If you reject the Catholic Church - so be it. You're entitled to your opinion.
Just don't make up lies and fairy tales.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's funny - I've never prayed for YOUR condemnation.
But you have sought to condemn me by claiming before the throne of the Lord that I have lied;

When the reality was that I was likely misinformed.

You won't accept that.

You insist on the idea, before the throne of the Lord, that I intentionally lied about your denomination.

If that were true, I would be condemned before the throne of the Lord (Revelation 21:8).

But it isn't true.

And I have pleaded the blood of Jesus over the fact that I repeated misinformation; which may not even really be a sin in God's sight.

But you have insisted that it is a sin.

And since I have pleaded the blood, Jesus paid the penalty for what I did if it be a sin.

But if it is not a sin, then in a sense you are even accusing Jesus of being guilty of a sin that He didn't commit.

Because if I didn't commit a sin, then you forced me to plead the blood of Jesus over something that wasn't even a sin; and therefore Jesus has to pay the penalty for something that wasn't even a sin; as though it were a sin; because if you insist before the throne of God that it was a sin, then Jesus has to pay for it whether it was a sin or not.

Because He would do that for me in order to cause the accusation to go away.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it's not a "lie".
Anybody who reads post #176 can see for themselves the 3 lies of YOURS that I debunked.

As for closing this thread - bring it on.
I'm sick of having to do battle with the hateful ignorance of anti-Catholics around here anyway . . .
Anybody who reads can see that I debunked your debuncation in posts #208 and #209.

And you are hateful of non-Catholics, seeking to condemn them by accusing them of lying, left and right. And apparently I am not the only one that you have done this to.

You make Catholics everywhere have a bad name.

Now you can continue to seek to accuse me...or you can drop the charges.

If you continue to accuse me, it means that you do nor accept the blood of Jesus as a valid propitiation for sin; and I wouldn't want to be you on your day of judgment; because if you consider that it doesn't avail for me, it certainly won't avail for you.

And another thing...I have never been an anti-Catholic. I believe that there are Catholics who are truly born again; so I don't make it my calling to win Catholics out of Catholicism.

But when Catholics (anyone, for that matter) are deceived by what the Catholic Church has taught before (such as the doctrine of salvation by works, which is taught not only by Catholics); and don't even want to admit that this is their teaching when anyone looking on from the outside can clearly see that it is their teaching, I wlll seek to deliver them from that deception.

Is this because I love them not? the Lord knoweth.the answer to that question; and He also knows that He has shed abroad His love in my heart; even though the accusation today from satan is that this is not the case.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to be careful about wanting so badly to win an argument...

Because I may indeed let you win the argument in the end if you want to insist on continuing to battle.

However it is true that you can win an argument to the loss of your own eternal soul.

And that is where this is heading if you do not choose your response, very carefully.

To @BreadOfLife

Status
Not open for further replies.