Dear God Please help me search for meaning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been a follower for 7 years and i have found great solace in the Word of God and Jesus but at present i fail to see the meaning of my life, it seems pointless and like it has gone by so quickly :(, Dear God why am i Here? why was i Created? I want to be a faithful servant and make you happy but My small meagre life is but a grain of dust in the limitless pools of time and space, dear God i am but a spec of dust, What purpose does my life fulfil? I pray to you God for the answer, Thank you in Jesus name, Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stuart
Praying with you and for you my friend! My advice to you is to follow the advice of Jesus here:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

You don't need the answer to every question here and now. God does have every answer and IF you really seek those first things first anything else that you need, such as to know your purpose, will be given to you in God's time.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." Ecc 3:1-8

All of those choices, but don't focus on which one to take. Focus God His kingdom and His righteousness and the right choices will be added to you when you really need to have it. What you need God knows. What you want... is not equal to what you need... until you have overcome every thing standing between you and God. Your wants needs to be equal to your needs, but keep on seeking those first things first and let God add to you as He sees the need.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been a follower for 7 years and i have found great solace in the Word of God and Jesus but at present i fail to see the meaning of my life, it seems pointless and like it has gone by so quickly :(, Dear God why am i Here? why was i Created? I want to be a faithful servant and make you happy but My small meagre life is but a grain of dust in the limitless pools of time and space, dear God i am but a spec of dust, What purpose does my life fulfil? I pray to you God for the answer, Thank you in Jesus name, Amen.
When one embarks on a journey to a destination one does not arrive at the destination unless one stays on the path which leads there. It is the journey of a lifetime along which are trials aplenty.

Stuart, you might like to read 'Pilgrims Progress' by John Bunyan....it is such a story.
You can download it for free as an Ebook from the Project Gutenberg
Project Gutenberg: Free eBookshttps://www.gutenberg.org

Reactions: Stuart and amadeus

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that you need 'spiritual renewal.'
-- To experience His grace, mercy & love again..
---
During my spiritual journey..from 1970's,
- I went through season of 'spiritual renewal & restoration'..several times.
- Experiencing His love and power.. in new dimension/level.
---
His purpose/calling .. (that you are much concerned/focused..)
- It will unfold/happen..in His time.
---
Continue to wait on the Lord.
Isaiah 40:31
"..those who wait on the Lord shall renew.."
--
'Wait on the Lord' (song lyrics)
Wait on the Lord
Listen to His Voice
They that wait upon the Lord
Shall renew their strength..
- From 'Maranatha music'
---
Listening 'Scripture & Praise songs' can be helpful.
- During the time of spiritual renewal/restoration.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Brother, I can understand where you are at right now. Sometimes it feels so surreal that we can be useful tools for God but he called us out of the darkness and planted us into his glorious light. His purpose for you is very simple. Just listen to his voice and obey his will. These are little things but when we become faithful in the little things he gives us more. Zechariah 4:10

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God, I ask that You will help Stuart find his meaning in life. Open up his eyes that he may see what You want of him, show him his purpose and the plan you have for him, In Jesus Name, Amen

Perhaps it is so simple you are overlooking it. We often think we have to do something big for God, but that is not the case, everyone is needed to build and serve in small and big ways, but the ways that are small are just as important as the ways that are big.

You could start off by writing down all the things you think would have been, if you weren't born? You are more important to God and to those around you than you think you are? You are part of His plan.

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stuart Your purpose should be proclaiming the gospel of Christ, repenting, serving Gods children (which can include family), etc.

Praying you'll find purpose :)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
fail to see the meaning of my life, it seems pointless and like it has gone by so quickly :(, Dear God why am i Here? why was i Created? I

I'm sorry you find life pointless and without meaning. The way things are makes it very difficult to see anything positively.

May I encourage you by reminding you that Jesus values what the world disregards, remember the widow's mite, and who does Jesus call to serve him.

Yes few of us get to meet he powerful and influential or are among those , but we are precious in his sight.

Rather than look at what you are not, look at what you are in God's sight.

Reactions: Nancy