• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First – YOU need to show ME a verse of Scripture that says everything we believe in MUST be explicitly mentioned in Scripture.

Can you show me that verse?
I didn't think so . . .

You see – I CAN show you several verses that say you must believe what the Church teaches – otherwise, you reject Christ Himself (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15:18, Luke 10:16, John 15:12-15, John 20:21-23).

As for Mary’s Assumption – Mary is the ONLY created person in ALL of Revelation who is described as having a full body – from head to toe (Rev. 12:1).
Got Scripture ?

If not its a misplaced faith.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither James nor Jesus pray or prayed TO Mary.
Your cult does, which explains why you are wasting your life doing it also.

Mary had four other sons, Joseph, James, Jude, and Simon.
Because of the virgin birth, Joseph was not the father of Jesus so these were the half brothers of Jesus. The last three mentioned are not to be confused with those who were disciples of Jesus by the same name. Here are some passages where the other sons of Mary by Joseph are mentioned (Matt. 12:46; 13:55; Mark 6:3; John 2:12; 7:3, 5, 10; Acts 1:14; 1 Cor. 9:5; Gal. 1:19).

You are a very foolish person.
Your demonic CULT and your Lying POPE do not want you to know that Mary had other Children, so their Joke is on YOU, breadoflife.
You are the BUTT of their Theological JOKE.
How does that feel?
Every time you write something to me, you prove it again.
Want to try it again?
Here is more of your "Queen of Heaven".... Dont you just love her Crown?
-
1038v5_1024x1024@2x.jpeg
EPIC failure.

I asked you to show me ONE verse of Scripture that states MARY had other children.
The people YOU named are NOT called the children of Mary. Your failure is complete

By the way, James and Joses (Joseph) are said to be the sons of the other Mary standing near the cross with Mary, Mother of Jesus (Matt. 27:56, Matt. 27:56). She is called Mary’s “sister” and is the wife of Clopas (John 19:25).

Like I said before – YOUR problem is that you read Scripture – you just don’t understand what it says.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EPIC failure.

I asked you to show me ONE verse of Scripture that states MARY had other children.
The people YOU named are NOT called the children of Mary. Your failure is complete

By the way, James and Joses (Joseph) are said to be the sons of the other Mary standing near the cross with Mary, Mother of Jesus (Matt. 27:56, Matt. 27:56). She is called Mary’s “sister” and is the wife of Clopas (John 19:25).

Like I said before – YOUR problem is that you read Scripture – you just don’t understand what it says.
Matt 13:55
Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 13:55
Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
I destroyed that argument in post #62.
Try again . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got Scripture ?

If not its a misplaced faith.
Oh – then perhaps YOU can show me where the Bible says that everything we believe in must be explicitly mentioned in the Bible.
Can YOU show me that verse??

Sola Scriptura is a 16th century invention of MEN . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not in need of being educated in the RCC traditions of men as many in my family came out of that church and found freedom in Christ and a personal relationship with their Savior. I've studied the RCC religion.

while you are at it find anyone praying to mary the sinner in Scripture.

hope this helps !!!
Ummmmm, as long as you use ignorant terms like “RCC” – you absolutely need to be educated.

And the only thing you’ve “studied” about the Catholic Church is how to spell “RCC”. Beyond that – you don’t have a clue what the Church teaches . . .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As I educated your fellow anti-Catholic @Christophany - .

You can't educate a fly's wings.
The more you talk, the more you sound foolish.
The only thing you have "destroyed" is any chance that anyone would believe the Catholic Cult is anything but, after reading what you have said and continue to rant.

Did you pray to Mary again today?
I didnt.

The Catholic Cult is a religious circus.
Its filled with people who pray to Mary and when they discover she had children, they dont have the courage or the integrity to realize what this means to them, regarding all they have been led to believe by the same cult that taught them that Mary is a "perpetual virgin">
Its filled with these type people, who dont care if its all a lie.
Simple dont care, even when they discover thats its all a man made religious farce.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
First – YOU need to show ME a verse of Scripture that says everything we believe in MUST be explicitly mentioned in Scripture.

You asked me to show you where the New Testament proves that Mary had children.
So, i did.

Why didnt your Pope?
Why didnt your Priest?
Why didnt your next vision of Mary?

Its because those who lead your Cult are LiARS, and you have been the victim of these liars for most of your life.
You have wasted your life, with these liars.
How does that feel?
It should make you feel angry, and it should make you want to get away from the deceivers.
You wont do it, because you are too deeply deceived to care.
You are past caring, breadoflife.
That is where you exist in this CULT. = Past Caring about the TRUTH.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is NO such thing as the “Roman Catholic Church”. There is only “The Catholic Church”.

Can you hear me yawning again?

Read and learn.

"""""""All Catholics are “Roman” Catholics, in the sense that they are in union with Rome.
Members of the “particular churches” that practice one of the many eastern rites, but which are in communion with Rome, are fully Catholic in every sense.
“Roman Catholic” is actually a term that was coined by British protestants to emphasize the “foreign loyalties” of those Britons who remained Catholic after Henry VIII started, and his daughter Elizabeth completed the split of the English church into a new protestant denomination. It carried over to the States after the Revolution simply because most Americans at that time were English, or at least British, descent. Indeed, more than half of the Continental Congress, for example, and the man that Congress had appointed to be Commander-in-Chief of the Continental military forces, were, at least nominally, C of E (later Episcopal) members."""""""

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
EPIC failure.

The people YOU named are NOT called the children of Mary.

You are EPIC, nonsense.
So, one more time..

Mary had other children.....
Pay attention this time..

Remember that im not a Catholic, so, im not going to try to ignore the New Testament.

Matthew 13:55-56 "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town, and in his own household.

" Mark 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him. 4 And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town and among his ownrelatives and in his OWN= household."

Catholic, do you know what a household is all about?
Do you have one?
Mary did.
Jesus referred to it ..... as He is a part of it.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, your Catholic Cult teaches that Mary and Christ work together ..

Mary has been 'working' together with Christ since the day she said 'be it done to me according to Your will'.

Sad really, that you try and separate Jesus from His mother...

Peace!

St. Joseph, terror of demons,
Pray for us!

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you hear me yawning again?
Read and learn.
"""""""All Catholics are “Roman” Catholics, in the sense that they are in union with Rome.
Members of the “particular churches” that practice one of the many eastern rites, but which are in communion with Rome, are fully Catholic in every sense.
“Roman Catholic” is actually a term that was coined by British protestants to emphasize the “foreign loyalties” of those Britons who remained Catholic after Henry VIII started, and his daughter Elizabeth completed the split of the English church into a new protestant denomination. It carried over to the States after the Revolution simply because most Americans at that time were English, or at least British, descent. Indeed, more than half of the Continental Congress, for example, and the man that Congress had appointed to be Commander-in-Chief of the Continental military forces, were, at least nominally, C of E (later Episcopal) members."""""""
Soooooo, you went to a secular source (quora.com) to get your "facts" about the Catholic Church?? And by a random poster, yet . . .
Now that's what I call "Desperately Seeking Stupid" . . .

A Maronite Catholic is not a "Roman" Catholic - nor is a Melkite, Coptic, Byzantine or ANY of the other twenty Liturgical Rites.
Your ignorance is matched only by your laziness.

If you wanna be an effective anti-Catholic - then do your homework, junior.
I'm embarrassed for you . . .

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
To define the heretic, is to define their heresy.
As they are one and the same.
A heretic, is proven to be one, because of a demonic belief system they maintain is true that actually opposes Truth, Light, and The Cross.

A heretic is so subverted, internally, so mind blinded by the devil, that truth has become untruth to them.

For example.
The #1 way to spot a heretic is to notice.... if they believe that "Grace", is "greasy", "cheap", and a "license to sin", if its presented as being Absolute and Free and permanent.
This person is so subverted that they actually teach against the Grace of God, feeling they are "led by the Spirit" to do it, and will tell you this lie.
To be that deceived person, is to be the darkest of the dark lights.

This person is so subverted within their faith, within their theology, that they teach against the Grace of God, and believe that by opposing it, by contradicting it, they are actually "in God's will" and "doing" God's will".
Generally, its been my experience that its the 2 C's that are the worst offenders of the Grace of God.
Catholics and Charismatics.
Ive never met a Charismatic or Catholic in 33 yrs, in my 33 yrs of God's service who can't wait to try to convince you that you can "lose your salvation" OR, try to convince you that the Grace of God, when taught as Paul teaches it....they will tell you is "license to sin". "cheap grace" or "licentiousness", which they also maintain by twisting the words of JUDE.

So, in both cases, Catholics and Charismatics, you will generally find the worst offenders of God's Grace and the most thoroughly opposed to "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

One of the questions that i always wonder about, is.. why does a "tongue talker" always oppose the Grace of God.
This is interesting, especially if the "tongue talking" is demonic, as that would explain why the charismatic, hates the Grace of God and will oppose is as "license to sin" if they have an opportunity to open their mouth.

Both of these Groups can not deal with Grace of God or the Blood Atonement.
Both of these heretical groups, will try to deny Grace and subvert it, by teaching that the Free Gift of Grace, which is "The Gift of Righteousness", = they will tell you is "license" and "licentiousness".
Both of these groups, plague forums and the body of Christ with their false understanding of Salvation, and their subverted and twisted idea of God's Grace.
Jude defined them as "evil', and Paul defined them as "in the flesh" "fallen from Grace" and "cursed of God".

Be wary of both, and always "out" them when you see them resisting God's Grace and trying to replace it with some type of PERFORMANCE of/by "SELF", or if you notice them trying to teach that not ALL sin is dealt with by the Blood of Jesus.

Situation. A Jew becomes a Christian and is born again and sanctified. Then Judaizers convince him to deny Christ, that He is not the coming Messiah, and come back to Judaism, obeying the Law of Moses, keeping Kosher, keeping the Sabbath, circumcising their children ritualistically, and once they have a temple, to start offering sacrifices.

Have they lost their salvation by apostasy?
Or because they were once saved, they are still saved?

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked me to show you where the New Testament proves that Mary had children.
So, i did.

Why didnt your Pope?
Why didnt your Priest?
Why didnt your next vision of Mary?

Its because those who lead your Cult are LiARS, and you have been the victim of these liars for most of your life.
You have wasted your life, with these liars.
How does that feel?
It should make you feel angry, and it should make you want to get away from the deceivers.
You wont do it, because you are too deeply deceived to care.
You are past caring, breadoflife.
That is where you exist in this CULT. = Past Caring about the TRUTH.
You are EPIC, nonsense.
So, one more time..
Mary had other children.....

Pay attention this time..

Remember that im not a Catholic, so, im not going to try to ignore the New Testament.

Matthew 13:55-56 "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town, and in his own household.

" Mark 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him. 4 And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town and among his ownrelatives and in his OWN= household."

Catholic, do you know what a household is all about?
Do you have one?
Mary did.
Jesus referred to it ..... as He is a part of it.
And your failure continues . . .

You STILL haven't shown me a SINGLE verse that says MARY had pother children. ALL you've done is to show a few verses that talk about the "brethren" (Adelphoi) of Jesus.
Time for a Bible lesson, Einstein . . .

In the Septuagint, the normal Greek words for “brother(s)" - “adelphos” and “adelphoi” were used much more liberally than the normal meaning. It was applied to cousins, uncles, nephews, half-brothers, step-brothers, neighbors, kinsmen, etc. The Aramaic word, “ach”, encompasses the meanings for brother of same parents, half-brother (same father), relative, kinship, same tribe, and even a fellow countryman.

In the New Testament - there are 244 instances where the word “Adelphos” and all of its variations are used.
- 41 of those times (12%) are cases where "Adelphos" clearly or probably refers to a family sibling.
- 47 instances (14%) are cases where "Adelphos" may or may not refer to a family sibling.
- 256 instances (74%) are cases where "Adelphos" cannot or almost certainly does NOT refer to a family sibling.

Here is a perfect example:
Acts 1:15

In those days Peter stood up among the brothers (Adelphoi) (the company of persons was in all about 120) and said...

Those "siblings" that YOU referred to are the children of ANOTHER WOMAN - and NOT Mary, Mother of Jesus:
Matt. 27:56 says, "…among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee".

Mark 15:40 states, "There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome".

Finally, John 19:25 states, "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister (Adelphe), Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

Now - we know that this woman is NOT Mary's "sister" because she has the SAME NAME. Therefore, they are some other relation - making James and Joses some other relation.

When you compare the different accounts of the crucifixion, they clearly show the mother of James and Joseph (Joses) to be the wife of Clopas (also called, Alphaeus) – not Mary, the Mother of Jesus. Any attempt to connect these people as uterine brothers of Jesus are SQUASHED by the Bible.

Consider yourself Scripturally-SPANKED . . .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Soooooo, you went to a secular source (quora.com) to get your "facts" about the Catholic Church?? And by a random poster, yet . . .
Now that's what I call "Desperately Seeking Stupid" . . .

I notide you are still running from the fact that you've discovered that Mary had children.
This sort of destroys all your Catholic Theology Strawmen.
Now you have to hold onto nothing that is real, striking out in ignorance, as that is all you have now.
And im happy to have helped you to see.

Listen.... you are A deceived catholic fool talking about a mirage.
Do you see yourself?
The mirror does not lie.

You live in a pipe dream religion where priest's have magic power, popes are "god's voice", and Mary wear's a crown and is a queen.
And to sit there and sound smug, when you believe that water has washed your sins away.....
You have a severe comeuppance heading your way, as you have lived a deceived life, you teach deception, and the worst part is, i think you know it but you are strangled in pride and can't break free.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Situation. A Jew becomes a Christian and is born again and sanctified. Then Judaizers convince him to deny Christ, that He is not the coming Messiah, and come back to Judaism, obeying the Law of Moses, keeping Kosher, keeping the Sabbath, circumcising their children ritualistically, and once they have a temple, to start offering sacrifices.
Have they lost their salvation by apostasy?
Or because they were once saved, they are still saved?

You and Justbyfaith, and breadoflive, teach that we keep ourselves saved.
Even in your post, here, you are trying to find a way to deny that Eternal Life is eternal.... by creating some queer situation that you think causes God's blood atonement to become controlled by the actions of a Son of God.
You are such a heretic......and you pretend to be spiritual and have theological knowledge, yet you dont even understand that being Born Again, can never be undone.

Your devout legalism and your constant attempt(s) to deny the Blood of Jesus in PUBLIC, are an insult to the Cross and a terrible offense to God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And your failure continues . . .

You STILL haven't shown me a SINGLE verse that says MARY had pother children. .

Actually Mary worshiping catholic cult victim, i showed you where Jesus himself said that his family tried to prevent Him from going to Jerusalem, and referred to them as His "HOUSEHOLD"< and named the brothers and sister.
So, you can deny it, and play the fool, but, you can't change the truth to try to erase the fact that your Catholic Cult denies the NT, which is why you do it.
So, ivo posted 2x for you, the proof, and if you want to say its not proof, and rant more ignorance, then.......is that anything new for you?
Not so far.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notide you are still running from the fact that you've discovered that Mary had children.
This sort of destroys all your Catholic Theology Strawmen.
Now you have to hold onto nothing that is real, striking out in ignorance, as that is all you have now.
And im happy to have helped you to see.

Listen.... you are A deceived catholic fool talking about a mirage.
Do you see yourself?
The mirror does not lie.

You live in a pipe dream religion where priest's have magic power, popes are "god's voice", and Mary wear's a crown and is a queen.
And to sit there and sound smug, when you believe that water has washed your sins away.....
You have a severe comeuppance heading your way, as you have lived a deceived life, you teach deception, and the worst part is, i think you know it but you are strangled in pride and can't break free.
Actually Mary worshiping catholic cult victim, i showed you where Jesus himself said that his family tried to prevent Him from going to Jerusalem, and referred to them as His "HOUSEHOLD"< and named the brothers and sister.
So, you can deny it, and play the fool, but, you can't change the truth to try to erase the fact that your Catholic Cult denies the NT, which is why you do it.
So, ivo posted 2x for you, the proof, and if you want to say its not proof, and rant more ignorance, then.......is that anything new for you?
Not so far.
In post #75 – I destroyed your entire “Mary had other children” argument by presenting an airtight Scriptural and linguistic case - so I understand why you're angry. However - you need to RE-READ it.

BOTH of your responses above are nothing short of sour grapes for having LOST an argument – but they don’t refute ANYTHING I presented. They can’t because MY case was built on Scripture and the original language in which it was written.

YOURS is built on emotion, fairy tales and a desperate 21st century attempt at forcing the English language on a text and a culture from thousands of years ago.

In other words, son – you brought a pea-shooter to a gunfight . . .