Democracy vs the Kingdom of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angela888

Sep 24, 2014
In every generation since the beginning of time, man has always dreamt of a paradise on earth. This dream for the ideal has been the driving force behind the motivation , inspiration and development of all philosophical ideas and government systems in all cultures worldwide and at all times. These have been developed, refined, and formalized. Democracy is just another man inspired and developed system that began to develop in ancient Greece as early as the 600 B.Cs. In ancient Athens democracy differed in important ways from the democracy we know today. The word democracy means rule by the people.

In a democracy, governments operate by the will and vote of the people making every vote and opinion important, resulting in the majority ruling.
The Holy Bible teaches us about a Kingdom ruled by God, not man. This means that in God’s Kingdom our opinion is of no importance and the only opinion that matters is God’s. Therefore it is evident how God’s Kingdom and a democracy are two different and opposing worlds.

The majority of Christians worldwide live in Western countries which are also democracies. Many of these born-again believers, born and raised in democratic countries have a problem understanding what it means as believers to live a strong Kingdom life, which results in the power of God not being manifested. Could this be one of the main reasons why God’s Kingdom hasn’t come on earth?

The commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ are simple and straightforward. Yet we in democracies are so used to debating issues, giving our own thoughts and opinions on scripture resulting many times in a weakening or misunderstanding of what God is trying to accomplish. We try to reach a compromise to keep everyone happy rather than SIMPLY recognize God’s Word as Law. Many times we are hasty to give our opinion on a matter which creates laziness in truly seeking God and the purposes He is seeking to accomplish.

For anyone to live successfully in God’s Kingdom it requires a complete mental reversal. That means to stop thinking as democrats and to start thinking like citizens of a far greater Kingdom that is incorruptible and without blemish. Most of the church is ineffective and powerless because although saved, they are not converted in a way to think like citizens of this far superior Kingdom. I believe many saved people don’t have a revelation of the Eternal and powerful Kingdom of God but continue to live in their temporal state.

God’s Kingdom isn’t where we bring our protests, our forming committees, our schedules etc to try and influence those that God is trying to work through. If there is going to be any real power released in the church, we need to come to a place where we realize we can’t play games with God. God is King over all creation. He is not a president or any leader we can vote in or out.

God’s people are called to be citizens of His Kingdom, meaning democratic mindsets need to be laid aside. It means that we stop going on about political leaders as if they are the ones who can make a difference and to start trusting in Him. Ambassadors of Christ, that is your Divine commission to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth. Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the foolishness of any world system and given us His Kingdom. Why do we subject ourselves to the world again?

MrKruback

Sep 20, 2014
I believe we are a constitutional republic, not a democracy. I liked the message you were sending tho. I always thought it was weird that someone who believed in Jesus Christ would also believe their government had the right to tell them they were allowed to kill another human being.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Democracy is famously described as "two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner". And when I see people use democracy to vote for themselves wealth confiscated for others, I can't help but think that democracy is a very evil thing.

Historically, the best form of human government is a totalitarian monarchy......but only when the king is just. A good king with the power of a ruling monarch can set things right and bring about justice far quicker than any legislature that's slowed to lethargy through many competing interests, almost none of them for the good of the people. Presidents and Parliaments voted in by special interests and the covetousness of the common man to take what doesn't belong to them more often than not works against justice. Democracy is doomed to fail, whether it be in a "constitutional republic" or any other apparatus.

MrKruback

Sep 20, 2014
Very true. While a democracy are debating on what to do, a King can act quickly and even though it might be the wrong choice sometimes its better to act quickly even if its not the perfect choice. However, I think it's better to put your faith into a peice of paper that never changes rather than a man who changes over his life. I never understood why a King would be so selfish when all his needs were met but then again I've never been King of anything. As a normal man, you fight for everything you have and can receive. If it was given to me, why fight for more? Eh, i guess ill have to wait till I'm dead so I can ask them.

The other problem with a King is that you may have a great one that fought for his position, and then his snot nosed son who was given it. Having a paper that rules even the King will keep him in line. I have heard people talk about the bill of rights, and its something they will die for. Dying for a man has less..... whats the word..... value? A man you have never met? Where as people have learned about the bill of rights and will fight to defend it. I used to think we were smart, to come up with such a thing, then I realized we just copied the idea of the ten commandments, or even the bible. However, evil men always find a way to corrupt or ban written word that gives common men power.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Angela888 said:
In every generation since the beginning of time, man has always dreamt of a paradise on earth. This dream for the ideal has been the driving force behind the motivation , inspiration and development of all philosophical ideas and government systems in all cultures worldwide and at all times. These have been developed, refined, and formalized. Democracy is just another man inspired and developed system that began to develop in ancient Greece as early as the 600 B.Cs. In ancient Athens democracy differed in important ways from the democracy we know today. The word democracy means rule by the people.

In a democracy, governments operate by the will and vote of the people making every vote and opinion important, resulting in the majority ruling.
The Holy Bible teaches us about a Kingdom ruled by God, not man. This means that in God’s Kingdom our opinion is of no importance and the only opinion that matters is God’s. Therefore it is evident how God’s Kingdom and a democracy are two different and opposing worlds.

The majority of Christians worldwide live in Western countries which are also democracies. Many of these born-again believers, born and raised in democratic countries have a problem understanding what it means as believers to live a strong Kingdom life, which results in the power of God not being manifested. Could this be one of the main reasons why God’s Kingdom hasn’t come on earth?

The commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ are simple and straightforward. Yet we in democracies are so used to debating issues, giving our own thoughts and opinions on scripture resulting many times in a weakening or misunderstanding of what God is trying to accomplish. We try to reach a compromise to keep everyone happy rather than SIMPLY recognize God’s Word as Law. Many times we are hasty to give our opinion on a matter which creates laziness in truly seeking God and the purposes He is seeking to accomplish.

For anyone to live successfully in God’s Kingdom it requires a complete mental reversal. That means to stop thinking as democrats and to start thinking like citizens of a far greater Kingdom that is incorruptible and without blemish. Most of the church is ineffective and powerless because although saved, they are not converted in a way to think like citizens of this far superior Kingdom. I believe many saved people don’t have a revelation of the Eternal and powerful Kingdom of God but continue to live in their temporal state.

God’s Kingdom isn’t where we bring our protests, our forming committees, our schedules etc to try and influence those that God is trying to work through. If there is going to be any real power released in the church, we need to come to a place where we realize we can’t play games with God. God is King over all creation. He is not a president or any leader we can vote in or out.

God’s people are called to be citizens of His Kingdom, meaning democratic mindsets need to be laid aside. It means that we stop going on about political leaders as if they are the ones who can make a difference and to start trusting in Him. Ambassadors of Christ, that is your Divine commission to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth. Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the foolishness of any world system and given us His Kingdom. Why do we subject ourselves to the world again?
[SIZE=16pt]Understanding the prayer Jesus gave us, is a good way to confirm your message.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Jerusalem Bible)[/SIZE]
(Matthew 6:9-11) “So you should pray like this:’ Our Father in heaven, may your name be held holy, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven those who are in debt to us. And do not put us to the test, but save us from the evil one.
We are told to pray for God’s will to be done here on earth, not our will. Jesus told us that in heaven it is God’s will that is done.
I pray all day long that God’s will to be my will forever

Plutarch

Oct 29, 2014
Interesting viewpoints. The city of man should never be confused with the city of god.
To live in the city of man, we must find the nonpareil way to govern ourselves, in aspiration that we might find peace, liberty, and understanding.
To live in the city of god, we must live in accordance to the passion of christ.

Entering the kingdom of god is a choice, hence why the lord gave us free-will. It is an affront to god to suppress people's beliefs and force his creation's to love him. No, the kingdom of god isn't designed for such foolishness. A totalitarian kingdom is a kingdom in opposition to the principles of Christianity. The lord didn't force me to love him, which is perhaps the greatest of his godly virtues. It is a sin to not follow his example.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Plutarch said:
Interesting viewpoints. The city of man should never be confused with the city of god.
To live in the city of man, we must find the nonpareil way to govern ourselves, in aspiration that we might find peace, liberty, and understanding.
To live in the city of god, we must live in accordance to the passion of christ.

Entering the kingdom of god is a choice, hence why the lord gave us free-will. It is an affront to god to suppress people's beliefs and force his creation's to love him. No, the kingdom of god isn't designed for such foolishness. A totalitarian kingdom is a kingdom in opposition to the principles of Christianity. The lord didn't force me to love him, which is perhaps the greatest of his godly virtues. It is a sin to not follow his example.
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus obeyed his Father. We are to obey him, and will always obey him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus does not force us to love him, but if we do not live the will of the Father then we will never enter God’s kingdom.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]You have a right to your belief, but so far all I see is your opinion, and nothing to confirm that opinion.[/SIZE]

Plutarch

Oct 29, 2014
Johnlove said:
You have a right to your belief, but so far all I see is your opinion, and nothing to confirm that opinion.
It isn't as much a belief as it is an assumed fact. God provides people the free will to worship him. We should allow people the same exemptions, and not as act inquisitors of Christianity.
If the same freedom of worship wasn't bestowed on the people of Israel, believe it or not, Christianity probably wouldn't of existed.

If we are to go by confirmed facts, I would ask you to confirm what I'm saying is false. Summation is ignorance, especially in something as spiritually based as Christianity. Let's rise above it.

Jesus obeyed his Father. We are to obey him, and will always obey him
I don't disagree. Forced obedience isn't real obedience.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Plutarch said:
It isn't as much a belief as it is an assumed fact. God provides people the free will to worship him. We should allow people the same exemptions, and not as act inquisitors of Christianity.
If the same freedom of worship wasn't bestowed on the people of Israel, believe it or not, Christianity probably wouldn't of existed.

If we are to go by confirmed facts, I would ask you to confirm what I'm saying is false. Summation is ignorance, especially in something as spiritually based as Christianity. Let's rise above it.

I don't disagree. Forced obedience isn't real obedience.
[SIZE=16pt]Your opinion and understanding mean nothing to me. I believe you have no idea of who God is or know him at all. [/SIZE]

Plutarch

Oct 29, 2014
Johnlove said:
Your opinion and understanding mean nothing to me. I believe you have no idea of who God is or know him at all.
You are discrediting my entire faith and theological study, by having me dissent on one taboo issue?
If you think I'm false, tell my why. Don't give me a thinly veiled insult, which lord knows is your intention.

Let's connect the dots...
  • The lord gave us free will to worship him
  • We should follow in the lords footsteps
  • Let's not force people to worship god

Forced love isn't real love. Simply said, simply done.
Jesus didn't force people to believe in him, or listen to his teaching, or even persecute those who sinned.
He taught them the right way to live in accordance with god, and they naturally followed.

I would like to think people can find their way to Christ without establishing a theocracy. Don't you?
(Additionally, it is extremely rude to say I don't know who god is, simply because I'm not a religious despotic)

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Plutarch said:
You are discrediting my entire faith and theological study, by having me dissent on one taboo issue?
If you think I'm false, tell my why. Don't give me a thinly veiled insult, which lord knows is your intention.

Let's connect the dots...
  • The lord gave us free will to worship him
  • We should follow in the lords footsteps
  • Let's not force people to worship god

Forced love isn't real love. Simply said, simply done.
Jesus didn't force people to believe in him, or listen to his teaching, or even persecute those who sinned.
He taught them the right way to live in accordance with god, and they naturally followed.

I would like to think people can find their way to Christ without establishing a theocracy. Don't you?
(Additionally, it is extremely rude to say I don't know who god is, simply because I'm not a religious despotic)
[SIZE=16pt]Good bye you have no idea of who God is, and do not know him at all, and that is my opinion.[/SIZE]

Plutarch

Oct 29, 2014
Good bye you have no idea of who God is, and do not know him at all, and that is my opinion.
In some scenarios, including one's in which there is limited knowledge on someone's character, it is best to keep opinions to yourself.
You are trying to be hurtful, and you aren't even hiding it. There is no way you can judge my entire beliefs based on this one statement advocating free will.

I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that I don't know god, out of a one paragraph forum post.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
@ Johnlove ... I'm simply blown away by your fleshly rant. If you genuinely believe in the Scripture in your sig. then why not practice it.

Gal 5:14 - 15

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you bite and devour one another, watch out
that you are not consumed by one another ... Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Gal 5:19 - 21

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries,
dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things
will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Jam 3:9 - 10

With it (the tongue) we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come
blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.

Jam 3:13 & 17

Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom ... But the wisdom from above
is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere

This is not my opinion, this is God's will ... and if it's too hot in the kitchen .......

@ Plutarch ... my apologies brother, sometimes we miss it, do not be discouraged you point is well taken.

The thing is even though we have a free will, our freedom is limited under the rule of the King ... Jesus does not force us to love or
obey him.
The true test of whether or not Christ really is our Lord is when we unpoliced, unforced deliberately validate our Citzenship
by aligning ourselves through obedience on a daily basis through the act of crucifying our desires or "rights" and follow his ways.

Yes we are born again by the Spirit, and yes we are children of God, and our works do not save us in the sense that working
grants eternal life ... but our works validate our sincerity in submission to his Lordship and this secures us as Peter says in
1 Peter 1:17 and 2 Pet 1:10 - 11,

And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the
time of your exile,

Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.
For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We don't get to choose or vote on what God says for if we are sincere even though we have a free will, we obey, because we have
initially accepted the call - our free will in action - now did we really mean it ?
We do mean it ? ... good.
Then God's word becomes our rule of authority in totality no questions asked ... even if they seem authoritarian, totalitarian or even
despotic to our democratic minds.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Enquirer said:
@ Johnlove ... I'm simply blown away by your fleshly rant. If you genuinely believe in the Scripture in your sig. then why not practice it.

Gal 5:14 - 15

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you bite and devour one another, watch out
that you are not consumed by one another ... Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Gal 5:19 - 21

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries,
dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things
will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Jam 3:9 - 10

With it (the tongue) we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come
blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.

Jam 3:13 & 17

Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom ... But the wisdom from above
is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere

This is not my opinion, this is God's will ... and if it's too hot in the kitchen .......

@ Plutarch ... my apologies brother, sometimes we miss it, do not be discouraged you point is well taken.

The thing is even though we have a free will, our freedom is limited under the rule of the King ... Jesus does not force us to love or
obey him.
The true test of whether or not Christ really is our Lord is when we unpoliced, unforced deliberately validate our Citzenship
by aligning ourselves through obedience on a daily basis through the act of crucifying our desires or "rights" and follow his ways.

Yes we are born again by the Spirit, and yes we are children of God, and our works do not save us in the sense that working
grants eternal life ... but our works validate our sincerity in submission to his Lordship and this secures us as Peter says in
1 Peter 1:17 and 2 Pet 1:10 - 11,

And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the
time of your exile,

Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.
For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We don't get to choose or vote on what God says for if we are sincere even though we have a free will, we obey, because we have
initially accepted the call - our free will in action - now did we really mean it ?
We do mean it ? ... good.
Then God's word becomes our rule of authority in totality no questions asked ... even if they seem authoritarian, totalitarian or even
despotic to our democratic minds.
[SIZE=16pt]Love is a gift from God. It along with other gifts given to us by the Holy Spirit. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]If one sins, and that is not the will of the father, then he or she are of the devil, and not of God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The devil is an accuser, and will try to make anyone evil who witnesses the truth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]One who sins can’t love, because he or she is of the devil, and can’t walk in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

[SIZE=16pt]Our Father who are in heaven hollowed be your name. Let your kingdom come your will be done on Earth as it is in heaven.[/SIZE]

Plutarch

Oct 29, 2014
To sustain a conversation with the ignorant, is to solidify their ignorant beliefs.
For it is the ignorant who wont see reason when their pride is at stake

Don't press the issue. We've all spoken our fair piece.