Depressed, Angry, Hopeless, bored, Bored, Bored, No Friends. Nothing.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
I am 17 years old, to the point of nothing. I wake up every afternoon to nothing..Im sick of having dreams because I wake up and they are not real. I wish they were.

Im uneducated, I don't like going to church because I am awkward in public, I don't sing I don't do none of that. my seeking of God is done in private so please don't suggest anything for churches.

I literally have no friends on earth. Nobody cares about the gospel, I want a GF but there are none In my town. Most of them act like whores and or not born again. I will tell you the truth I want to die, Not suicidal but I would be thrilled if I can just go home to Heaven NOW because I want to live life, Do things, And I obviously cant do those things on earth because my whole personality and life is hidden in Christ.

I have faith in Jesus and that God has the life I always wanted in Heaven (before you get arrogant and say I want to be famous or something like that, its not the life I wanted) I want to have friends, go out in the world and enjoy, explore. But this earth has destroyed my whole life. I don't want no part of nothing...Anymore. on top of that, I am being attacked spiritually and believe I cannot be saved. :(

Can you pray that I may stay spiritually aware? I don't ask that you pray for me to go to church or do anything on earth, all I want is to have some sort of a way out of this trap

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. - John 16:20, 21

The road to heaven is a lonely one me boy.... But one well worth it once you make it in! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78nkrIrK26c

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well young man, if you want to be able to live life to the fullest, you've got to start taking back your life in Christ. You cannot think that things will change for you if you are going to spend a good part of your day sleeping. Get up and get going - the world is your oyster in Jesus. You will not find a decent Godly GF in the world [although it is possible with God]. Start by going back to Church! That's right, you will find that Church living is the avenue to get involved with God's calling on your life. I am in a Church right now where many 16-18 year old's are leading the music. They are extremely talented but they did not just wake up that way. They learn't how to play a musical instrument and then God did the rest. Ask God for direction in prayer and shake yourself off and MOVE! Your destiny awaits you.

You say that you are under attack. This makes me believe that the enemy does not want you to continue...it also makes me believe that what you are saying about yourself, are lies from the enemy. You are saved if you have accepted Jesus into your heart. The enemy will pick off sheep who have strayed from the fold because they are an easy target. I also think that the enemy knows how much damage you could do to his kingdom if you got back up and began to walk the walk that Jesus has prepared for you. Do not listen to the lies of the enemy and start living for Christ. Get back to Church young man, they need you as much as you need them. Praying...

Shalom! :huh:

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
I have a problem with Churches though. I learned 100 times more about God and the Bible on the internet, than I ever did in Church....

what you said about a godly GF, Yeah I noticed that. Guess I gotta wait until Heaven or the New Earth, God knows what I desire in my heart.

There is nothing to do out there. Its boring, All I see is people minding their own on motorcycles, College students having fun or whatever. Its just so boring and everyone around me is the same. That's my problem. I have a thought about Heaven and the new earth. Hopefully it will be all fun and not like this. I don't even think it will look like my profile picture. I believe Heaven will be just like earth without sin and complications, anger, everything else that happens in my life. trusting in God alone is the only thing I have. Its just depressing to look outside and see all of this. Nothings going on

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Get over your problem with the Church. I have a friend who had the same problem. The real issue lies within yourself. Church is just a gathering of believers. They may not be perfect but they love Jesus and they are the body of Christ. You have a place prepared for you in heaven, yes...but that is not the end of your life. You are still here on earth and the bible says that he has given us "good works" to do. We just don't wait around till we go to heaven. Paul says:

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 12:21

and again he says...

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5

The choice is yours...but if I were you I would choose life!...

Joshua 24:15
"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve", ......... "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

praying...Shalom!

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Inmate said:
I am 17 years old, to the point of nothing. I wake up every afternoon to nothing..Im sick of having dreams because I wake up and they are not real. I wish they were.

Im uneducated, I don't like going to church because I am awkward in public, I don't sing I don't do none of that. my seeking of God is done in private so please don't suggest anything for churches.

I literally have no friends on earth. Nobody cares about the gospel, I want a GF but there are none In my town. Most of them act like whores and or not born again. I will tell you the truth I want to die, Not suicidal but I would be thrilled if I can just go home to Heaven NOW because I want to live life, Do things, And I obviously cant do those things on earth because my whole personality and life is hidden in Christ.

I have faith in Jesus and that God has the life I always wanted in Heaven (before you get arrogant and say I want to be famous or something like that, its not the life I wanted) I want to have friends, go out in the world and enjoy, explore. But this earth has destroyed my whole life. I don't want no part of nothing...Anymore. on top of that, I am being attacked spiritually and believe I cannot be saved. :(

Can you pray that I may stay spiritually aware? I don't ask that you pray for me to go to church or do anything on earth, all I want is to have some sort of a way out of this trap
Well, some time life is a Bit-h. Years from now you will look back on 17, and understand why you feel as you do. It's called growing pains. Many young people around your age feel the same way...some even take their own life.
As for going to church...that is not required by God. Stick close to your Bible. I'll tell you this, and you can ask anybody who is over twenty five, your time as a teen will fly bye faster than a duck in a wind storm...I know, it seems far off, trust me, it's not. I was your age yesterday, or so it seems. I'm now 77. I don't like this world any more than you do. God has a job for us. He wants us to tell people about the good things ahead. He will use you to serve him in this way. You will turn around one day, and 1,000 years will have gone by, and people will ask you, "What did you do in the old system?" You don't want to say, "Well...nothing." You need Christian friends?
I'll be your friend. Well you be my friend? We are both Christians, so we will know each other for ever. There is a bunch of great Christians on this forum. Lol, they don't agree on everything, but their all doing their best to please God. That should be our goal when we wake up every morning. Make eyery day a great day. thank God for it, and ask him, "Father, help me serve you today." Your not alone.
Tell me a little about yourself. What do you like to do? Tell me what you like, and don't like. My real name is Domenic, your friend. I'm a writer. I live in Northern California, and I sail on san Francisco Bay.My weakness? I love warm French bread.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
You're right about teen years flying by, I can see it coming more and more every day. What a waste of my teen years. I regret the day I decided to drop out. I regret today. I hate the day I lived today because I woke up and did nothing. Im sick of this and there is no way out. Im waiting for the day someone comes into my house with a gun because I am ready to go. I wont fight back im just ready to LIVE. This earth isn't real life. Its fake as far as im concerned. I wasted every second of my life​

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No...you are wrong domenic, fellowship is very important for all believers.

Hebrews 10
23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

This forum may be good to a point but it is not the same as being in a body of Christ where we can get the backup of Pastors and leaders. Where we can grow with one another, pray together and where we can have accountability in our walk with other believers. domenic...the advice you have given him is just power for the cause and it has not profited him one single bit...Inmate, go back to Church. You cannot rely on cyber people whom you do not know other than what they post. Trust God and see what happens. You have nothing to lose...

praying!

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Inmate, sadly, many church has become a poor place to learn about God. At least if you're a little kid, they'll teach you Bible stories.

Forget about making friends and meeting a girl, These things will come in time, but you have other things to do now. Develop a habit of eating right and of regular exercise. Educate yourself about grooming and dress. Resist the temptation of little trespasses; they rarely pay off and they always make you less of a person. Get a job, and do it like it's your favorite thing in the world.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure whether Paul wrote this chapter or not? :huh: but I'm sure that he did not mean anything other than fellowship with other believer's - either in a Church or house group. [which they tended to do regularly]

Hebrews 10
23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way to guarantee failure is to never try. (That doesn't mean there won't be times that you must try multiple times.)

No offense, but you cannot convince me that there is not a single church somewhere around you teaching about God. I don't buy it. Having made a very similar statement myself at one point in my life, I found that when I started looking and praying on it, God brought me to a tiny dying church that made no real sense. The really funny thing is that church has turned around, doubled in size and now serves the Lord in an inspiring way. In that sense, I've seen the dead brought back to life, myself included. That never happens to me and our friends who now attend if I didn't go.

For the record, I suck at singing. You don't hide in Christ, you get out there, even sing out loud, even if it makes the people around you run the other way.

Matthew 5:14-16
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

The reason you're feeling what you're feeling is you cannot continue down the path you are going.

Reactions: Angelina

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I've found that the best advice for me to offer is that you give up. It's not how it sounds; the idea is for you to stop wishing for what you don't have, so that you might focus instead on what's currently within reach. Build something, find a goal, or become a part of something you can be proud of. The idea is for you to strengthen yourself intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. Once you've accomplished this (a continual practice that never has to end), you will have become strong enough that you won't need anybody other than the company of friends to be satisfied. After you've accomplished this, suddenly all of the women/girls will notice you.

Those who are truly secure with themselves won't be looking for a man who needs them. The focus of their search will be men who want them. It is that difference (in you) that will get their attention. Before you know it, you'll be beating them off with a stick every twenty minutes :)

In short, I think you need to find yourself before you find a mate. What work are you interested in? What are you passionate about? Dive into those things and you'll find your purpose, and more importantly, you'll attract people with similar interest. Everyone needs to keep on keeping on, especially when they're down or depressed. The first step in ending the funk your in is to get out and interact. Replace boredom with a job, most people find their spouses in the work place. I almost suggested a singles web site, but I don't think your description of yourself would sell right now :)

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Inmate said:
You're right about teen years flying by, I can see it coming more and more every day. What a waste of my teen years. I regret the day I decided to drop out. I regret today. I hate the day I lived today because I woke up and did nothing. Im sick of this and there is no way out. Im waiting for the day someone comes into my house with a gun because I am ready to go. I wont fight back im just ready to LIVE. This earth isn't real life. Its fake as far as im concerned. I wasted every second of my life​
Why do you call yourself, inmate?

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
JB_ said:
Why do you call yourself, inmate?
I call myself Inmate because I am trapped. Ironically When I am older I am going to visit inmates in prison to preach to them. Never thought about that lol

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Inmate said:
I call myself Inmate because I am trapped. Ironically When I am older I am going to visit inmates in prison to preach to them. Never thought about that lol
it's a difficult thing you have chosen to do, visiting inmates, as you said. There are however Juvenile detention centres that take underage misdirected boys and girls. This might be a good place to start, particularly if you connect with a prison ministry group.

It will be only in giving will you find purpose to which God may have called you. All else is desire and speculation. So, my advice is get up and do something about it, even now. As you will be under the direction of a team leader who is a prison chaplain.

Certainly a difficult but worthwhile ministry to be in. Step out you may be surprised at how God may use you. Remember, being young yourself parental &/or pastoral guidance ought to high on your agenda. :)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
There are many other believers out there that do not participate in religious liturgy but they will probably not come knocking on your door. There are lots of believers gathering in homes for fellowship and learning so just start looking and Father will provide.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you as felt the same way. As a young person like you. But you will grow up and that hopefully let God lead you. To being the kind of Christian and church going person that He wants you to be. Used to bother me so much. But now, it does not. As I go due to the Lord. And I can't please people but the only one that I need to please is God and God alone.

Be in thought and prayer for you. As hope that you will let God lead you!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Inmate said:
Do you know why you are trapped? Or what is keeping you trapped?

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
At church, volunteer for things. Don't sin in the corner expecting to ever have more than some light, friendly conversation.

Be the best dressed in your age group.