Depression

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Depression is a slippery slope, that most of us can't seem to battle. It takes a lot of will and mind power to refocus on other things that you need the most. Depression can put you in a dark place, and it seems impossible to get out. Depression is a powerful disease, that swarms over you and destroys what you know and take for granted in life. It seems to come over you when you least expect it. Doing multiple things in life that had no reference to it. It happens and don't feel like your the only one. It is very common in the majority of people.
Depression is evil at best. It's so evil that others don't notice it.
You are the only one who battles it inside your mind. And it is a constant battle. From reality and subconsciousness.
You are probably thinking, how can it happen if your a Christian? You have Jesus? What else do you need?
Well you are wrong, life on earth is a battle. A test to get to the top. A test of your will. A test of your persistence when times get tough.
The lord wants to see if you can handle these things. the disease is not of him, but of this world. He doesn't want you to suffer, he loves you unconditionally. So don't make the mistake in blaming him.
You can overcome depression, through Jesus Christ. Stay true to him and he will stay true to you. The Lord watches over us all and weeps in our sorrows. Don't forget that. In the end it is all worth it, he will resurrect us. Because he is the way, the truth and the life. The reward is more than we can imagine. God Bless. Hallelu yeshua!

Reactions: Dan57

LightTheWay

Oct 29, 2014
Guam
thomasleonard said:
Depression is a slippery slope, that most of us can't seem to battle. It takes a lot of will and mind power to refocus on other things that you need the most. Depression can put you in a dark place, and it seems impossible to get out. Depression is a powerful disease, that swarms over you and destroys what you know and take for granted in life. It seems to come over you when you least expect it. Doing multiple things in life that had no reference to it. It happens and don't feel like your the only one. It is very common in the majority of people.
Depression is evil at best. It's so evil that others don't notice it.
You are the only one who battles it inside your mind. And it is a constant battle. From reality and subconsciousness.
You are probably thinking, how can it happen if your a Christian? You have Jesus? What else do you need?
Well you are wrong, life on earth is a battle. A test to get to the top. A test of your will. A test of your persistence when times get tough.
The lord wants to see if you can handle these things. the disease is not of him, but of this world. He doesn't want you to suffer, he loves you unconditionally. So don't make the mistake in blaming him.
You can overcome depression, through Jesus Christ. Stay true to him and he will stay true to you. The Lord watches over us all and weeps in our sorrows. Don't forget that. In the end it is all worth it, he will resurrect us. Because he is the way, the truth and the life. The reward is more than we can imagine. God Bless. Hallelu yeshua!

I have been delievered from depression myself. it is so hard to overcome. especially because we want to get better we just dont know how and we try but we cant and people seem to misunderstand that its not as easy as choosing to be happy. depression is really something so serious. Thankfully it is addressed in the bible.

Psalms 143 is all for ypu depressed souls out there. verse 3 reads

"For the enemy has pursued and persesecuted my soul, he has crushed my life down to the ground; he has made me to dwell in dark places."

notice this attack is upon the soul...

verse 4 says

"Therefore is my spirit overwhelemed & faints within me; my heart within my bosom grows NUMB."

the longer it is allowed to remain, the harder it becomes to resist.

verse 5 gives us solutoin.

"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all your doings; I ponder the work of your hand."

The psalmist focuses on the works of God. Who God is. Turn your eyes to the LOrd. (Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer -good read)

GOd Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly enough, when I deal with this the first thing I do is ask God for guidance. Its possible to overcome depression with Christ. I have seen bad cases come bouncing back.... I have one I pray for now, depression has a deep hold on her.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good words! I need Christ daily to keep me from being depressed. I thank God that he told me the end of the story. Otherwise, it all seems hopeless.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the important part to remember. We know the end of the story. That should be the hope that brings us up!!!! How can I be depressed when I know He reigns!!! Our battles have already been won by the Cross. Think of that sacrifice next time you feel down on yourself. Christ suffered so much more, just so your soul could be free and have an eternal gift. Man, that's love!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!! Can I get an AMEN!!!!!! :D :wub:

Reactions: truthquest and FHII

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. All people with this imbalance are at risk of all the symptoms of depression.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Christ can overcome clinical depression without meds? Or should I say, can a person overcome clinical depression with Christ alone and no medication? The first question was phrased way wrong. HaHaHa!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything is possible with God. I tend to make use of modern methods of health care, however

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Looking to Caesar for his dia-gnosis and/or taking Caesar's dope is never the answer (with the caveat that IF the Lord hmself told you to take the dope, THEN, of course, you should obey him).

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sojourner4Christ said:
Looking to Caesar for his dia-gnosis and/or taking Caesar's dope is never the answer (with the caveat that IF the Lord hmself told you to take the dope, THEN, of course, you should obey him).
Okay, let me understand this because that just made me chuckle..... Don't take modern medicine unless the Lord tells you too?