Depression

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of *questions* which should be asked, and which would require detailed answers would be:
1. List all the terms by which believers are called in Scripture.
2. Explain each term in detail, and how it fits into the total picture of how God views His children and how Christ views His Church.
3. Do you take God at His word in connection with this?

Once believers begin to look at themselves from God's perspective, things can change drastically in their attitudes and behavior.
Thank you Enoch, these are good questions and, I will use them. ♥

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This depression has got me by the chin

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
guess i should be a little clearer lol, sorry; i am convinced allopathy is evil, and your and Naomi's comments have only reinforced the opinion, and at the same time i believe in your right to unregulated active ingredients, and your right to administer them however you like. i would take aspirin for a bad enough headache i guess, if i still got headaches, and addressing the cause did not cure it, or was impractical in the moment or whatever; but i much prefer not getting them at all.

and i would prolly do whatever you are doing if i was in your position too, i bet, even if i would take steps to not be a slave to a third party or a substance for my peace. But for all i know everyone else is here to learn a diff lesson, and i would be ignoring me and working on what God puts in front of you anyway. But calling allopathy "grace" is also going to evoke a response from me on a Christian forum.

The detrimental effects of Rx are hardly a secret now, but it is the desire for them that is the problem imo, and there is a price to pay for this desire. So maybe when all of our kids are cancerous or autistic or adhd or chronically depressed or ibs/crohn's, and they are all on "God's miracle drugs," and being squeezed to death to afford them, maybe then we can have a rational conversation about ignoring causes and seeking miracle relief from our self-inflicted health issues, and trusting our health to people who we already know for a fact will not live as long as us.
" So maybe when all of our kids are cancerous or autistic or adhd or chronically depressed or ibs/crohn's, and they are all on "God's miracle drugs," and being squeezed to death to afford them"
Seems, to me anyway, that all the above has already been happening. And will get worse. And, I myself wouldn't call it a "desire" that people are looking for, I think more of a dependence. Not necessarily physical dependence...

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Seems, to me anyway, that all the above has already been happening. And will get worse.
well, it will also get better too i guess, after all we basically learn by making mistakes. i was raised fascist but have been anarchist too long to really relate there now i guess; our kids are...just different. i mean they have issues too, but not health issues, usually more like adjustment issues

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, it will also get better too i guess, after all we basically learn by making mistakes. i was raised fascist but have been anarchist too long to really relate there now i guess; our kids are...just different. i mean they have issues too, but not health issues, usually more like adjustment issues
I don't think I ever met a kid without adjustment issues, lol!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
man, i feel for you, after a certain point any truth to a treatment method really becomes almost irrelevant.
i would recommend methamphetamine in your case, but it is a bear to administer correctly, and bad for the immune system too, if not as bad as antibiotics. Great way to fast though, and rest the adrenals, i bet your cortisol is really high. You would then have a meth habit but that can be overcome easier imo, even easier than antidepressants usually

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ya, i remember. been so long since i've seen one i guess i wouldn't know how to act lol.
We call their bluff, guess a codependent in the "real world" really couldn't do that tho
Matter of fact, I'm not sure I've seen many adults without adjustment issues! Hahaha...at least nowadays. BTW-afa co-dependency-I am def codependent on Christ in my life. And, still being in the flesh, in this broken body-if something get's bad enough (kinda like a headache?) you will take what ever relief you can get. That's just life for many, it' not a sin, it's not lack of faith in the Lord. It's human. IMO.

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i was raised fascist but have been anarchist too long to really relate there now i guess
Well since Christians are not anarchists, you might have to give up that ideology altogether. You can't call yourself a Christian and an anarchist at the same time.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since Christians are not anarchists, you might have to give up that ideology altogether. You can't call yourself a Christian and an anarchist at the same time.

I used to know this girl who considered herself an anarchist...I had to look it up, lol. You REBEL you bbyrd!
Definition of anarchist
: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power
2: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Definition of anarchist
2: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order
Ever since the LEGITIMATE election of Donald Trump as POTUS, the Democrats (should we say Demoncrats?) and Left-Liberals (who suffered a tremendous defeat) have chosen to become Anarchists. That is a serious threat to the USA. But Christians cannot support their anarchist views, which are an attack on everything that is godly.

Reactions: Willie T

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There's a direct connection between alcohol abuse and depression aspen. I speak from experience. You know what to do. The easier softer way doesn't work.

RECOVERY

Long hidden blind denial
covered pride, ‘I know the way’
self run riot says an angel
the barrier won’t sway

Piled mountains, dark horizons
searching for a glimmer
a hope is born, a smile is worn
this fear is not the winner

Some joy is there, faint voices
fond memories of the child
stirring something in the heart
the years have almost spoiled

Loss regretted, can mourning pass
shame so keenly jarring
nowhere to go, the hiding’s done
it’s time for some repairing

Limit the damage, plug the leak
destroy no more emotions
there’s lots of tears still in the vault
controlled by crazy notions

Step by step the work is done
my own peculiar track
the struggling lot’s not thrown me out
so I’ll keep coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you will take what ever relief you can get. That's just life for many, it' not a sin, it's not lack of faith in the Lord. It's human. IMO.
ha well, maybe you're right, i wouldn't be comfortable determining that, but i guess i prolly would not take the aspirin anyway

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well, maybe you're right, i wouldn't be comfortable determining that, but i guess i prolly would not take the aspirin anyway
Well, I hope you don't get a headache, either way-they are horrid,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I used to know this girl who considered herself an anarchist...I had to look it up, lol. You REBEL you bbyrd!
Definition of anarchist
those definitions are crap wadr, and do not describe Anarchists at all. Those are Chaos Agents being defined, and by those who have no probs overthrowing democratically elected governments out of the other side of their mouths to boot. Anarchy has been defined as Chaos to you so that you will refrain from becoming united and exercising your 2nd Amendment rights i guess, more or less. Amish people are Anarchists, note they have an established order, and rules, and even an authority, so wadr i would urge you to question the definitions first and go from there. Or give me the term for someone who recognizes no human authority, and breaks no Commandments, if you will ty

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our dear friend Aspen has not been on the Site since Saturday evening.

I hope that we are all PRAYING for him.
Yes Helen, I noticed that last night and, it did worry me as to what he is doing to deal with his situation- he is def in my prayers and I hope he comes running fast and furious into Jesus arms.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, I hope you don't get a headache, either way-they are horrid,
if i did nowadays, i would find the behavior that caused the headache and refrain from doing that again myself, but i also understand seeking what seems to be a miracle to relieve reaping what i have previously sown, i did that most of my life too.

Reactions: Truth and Nancy