Diehard

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verily, verily I say unto you, unless a grain of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24.

In grace, bringing forth fruit is a product of the new life in you. In grace, life comes from death. We should understand the principal of God and reckon it so. The only life that can come out of you is through death. You reckoning yourself dead. Not dieing out daily and dieing to self..but dead as Jesus Christ when he laid his dead head on his dead body. The end of self is a great product and conclusion of people not knowing what to do, and your father working in your life to teach you death. To show you you do not have a life of your own. How can I reckon myself dead; my mind..we are dead in Christ and Paul said you better reckon it so or you cannot know life.

2 God forbid! How shall we, who are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not that as many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death?

6 knowing this: that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 6:2-3,6,11.

I listen to Christian radio and even some other denominational programs. The thing you hear most is; 'how do I deal with sin,' like it is our job to fix sin and there is no cross. Seems odd, but it's the world we live in. What I hear is; it is always a self effort to clean up your act..so to speak. Putting the pressure on believers to get it right. You would think after a couple thousand years of trying we would know that is not Christianity, but we try to live anyway. Granted it's the old man but we try to make it work.

Things not working out for you, then you should read and reread Romans 6, until you undelably have it written in your heart - fixed in you that you have been crucified in Christ. If you are 'in Christ' then are you dead. Most of the testimony you here about how someone gets straightened out; comes from a believer who finally in their opinion have got it right. Time and time again we hear Christians quote that. It took me awhile but I finally got it right. Like something has been out of place. There is nothing out of place but my thinking.. I can somehow master what no one has mastered or done for thousand's of year's. Before or after the cross!

Here is the best one you hear in grace; you here people say! well the Holy Spirit has come to help me live this new life. That is almost comical. Use your own life for an example, if that were true would you not know by now how to live your life. Your old dead life, the life that was nailed to a tree and crucified in Christ.That life, is that what you are working feverishly on fixing.

Jesus got right to the point when he crucified the old man, nailing it to the cross. Adam is a die hard, he will not surrender, he does not go easy. That lieing spirit that told you all the day's of your life; you are a life unto to yourself, you have a life of your own, you are just a self unto self and you will get it right one day because really you are a bad person. That life your trying to fix up, oh really. Let's go to scripture and show me where I can fix up my life, because I need that. That saint's is a lieing devil, you have never been on your own. You had a life (sin nature) before Christ..and now you have a life after Christ. Scripture says your old life and way of doing things is dead..gone..does not exist anymore and you have a new life. Find that life, it is right there before you in the written word of God to you. Very specific words written just to you.

Look in scripture and see what that life is, who that life is; it is written and it is written for a purpose..so you will know!

At that day ye shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. - John 14:20.

There is no other life; Christ in you the hope of glory! the old man is dead in Christ.

Last edited: