• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ok dude,

I am done, you have no desire to have any possible humble communication

your like a pharisee who keeps pushing a mistranslated passage down someone’s throat, well it did not help them it will not help you

continue to believe what you wish, I will pray for you

Reactions: mailmandan

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

the blood is obtaining by calling out on the name of the lord and believing I. Your heart Jesus raised him from the dead, it is recieved by hearing the word, the gospel of your salvation, and having heard believing, at which time you are given the spirit In Your hearts, it is not by a work of righteousness which we have done but by his mercy, by the washing and new birth of the holy spirit,

your limiting God like the jews tried to with a ceremony, only they used the ceremony of physical circumcision to replace spiritual circumcision, the way you use physical baptism to replace spiritual

Paul calls it a different gospel and says it should be anathema
This is anathema?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I speak English, not 2000 year old Greek.

This will suffice...

It will only suffice if it is correctly translated,

you do not need to speak Greek, all you need to do is look at the words, and the type of words they are to know this is a mistranslation.

but you are willing to place your eternity in the hands of an English translation so all the power to you

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok dude,

I am done, you have no desire to have any possible humble communication

your like a pharisee who keeps pushing a mistranslated passage down someone’s throat, well it did not help them it will not help you

continue to believe what you wish, I will pray for you
Pray for unenlightened Peter.

He is the one that commanded Acts 2:38 for every one of YOU.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is anathema?...

Like my good brother mailmaindan says

beating a dead horse,

good day sir,

I leave you in your sin

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you do not need to speak Greek, all you need to do is look at the words, and the type of words they are to know this is a mistranslation.

but you are willing to place your eternity in the hands of an English translation so all the power to you
Please retranslate Acts 2:38 correctly for me?

Thanks.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like my good brother mailmaindan says

beating a dead horse,

good day sir,

I leave you in your sin
I am sinning for obeying Acts 2:38, ....being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my sins?

I am struggling with that one.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Saying "in the name of Jesus Christ" doesn't save?
Of course not. Many claim his name, but don't know him.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the blood is obtained by the spoken name of Jesus during water baptism.
That's bizarre. And not biblical. Luke 7:50: “And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.” Where's the water?

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's bizarre. And not biblical. Luke 7:50: “And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.” Where's the water?

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
That was pre Pentecost.

That was O.T.

Then you are speaking of Romans 10, which was written to those that already obeyed Acts 2:38 and the Epistle was to affirm their continuing faith.

You know what an Epistle is, right?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pop quiz.

I am giving a multiple choice question.

What is an Epistle?(Romans through Revelation).

A....a letter to sinners?

B....a letter to already saints per Acts?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know?....

Matt-John was written to teach sinners about Christ.

Acts was written to teach sinners how to be made saints.

Romans- Rev was written to admonish saints to remain in the faith.

Have you noticed the order of the N.T. was intentionally published this way?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know?....

Matt-John was written to teach sinners about Christ.

Acts was written to teach sinners how to be made saints.

Romans- Rev was written to admonish saints to remain in the faith.

Have you noticed the order of the N.T. was intentionally published this way?
This explains a lot.
If you do not understand the basics how can you be expected to understand the more deeper things,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PETER, = BEFORE he told the 3000 to get in the water, was not himself water baptized FIRST, = YET< he spoke in tongues.

Peter was in fact baptized in water first...in John 4:1-2.

The 120 who were in the "upper room" ... ( and i have been in the upper room)......did not get water baptized and they all spoke in tongues, which means they were filled with the SPIRIT, without any WATER BAPTISM.

The 120 were water baptized at the juncture of John 4:1-2.

In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first.

Something tells me that this is false teaching.

That verse is talking about the disciples baptizing.
So, you twisted it into water cult theology.
Nothing new for you.

That verse is written before the Blood of Jesus was shed on the Cross.

So, that verse is still Old Testament Law, dealing with Jews, that you are trying to teach, against the CROSS = as your water cult theology regarding the born again.

The point is that your statement that Peter and the 120 were not baptized is false.

Listen carefully .

You are teaching Jehovah's Witness doctrine, perfectly.
Are you a blend now of Catholic and JW?

No; as I said, I have leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism. You're not familiar with the doctrine?

Here is the JW water cult Doctrine...
""Baptism in water has several purposes. It is for the remission of sins, for membership in the Church, and for entrance into the celestial kingdom;""""

That sounds more like mormonism than Jehovah's Witnesses.

So, do you see how far you are into total heresy?
Total.
You were not this far into the dark 8 months ago.
Look at yourself now.
You are teaching perfect JW theology.

Even a broken clock can be right two times a day.

If JW theology teaches what I am teaching, they are not necessarily incorrect.

Which is not to say that I adhere to other doctrines that are taught by the JW's.

Now listen...
.. Jesus had not died yet, in your verse., so that is why Jewish apostles were using John the Baptists "Repent and be dunked" regarding other JEWS.
See, in your verse, JESUS is only dealing with the "house of Israel", = water baptsim, = John the Baptist, = OLD TESTAMENT.
But after Jesus DIED, = the New Testament was born, and the "time of the Gentiles" began, and Paul the "gentile apostle" was sent by JESUS to teach the "Gospel of the Grace of God" to the BODY of CHRIST who were not yet started in your verse that is only talking to JEWS before the NEW COVENANT was begun.

Paul told the Gentiles what it says in Galatians 3:27...Romans 6:1-4...Colossians 2:12.

And the point, again, was that your statement that Peter and the 120 had not yet been baptized is a false statement.

You just again denied Jesus as THE LIFE,.... John 14:6..... on a public "Christian" forum.

The Spirit of Christ is the living water (John 7:39)...Jesus is the living water...so when I say that water is life-giving, I am saying that Jesus is life-giving, am I not?

With respect, that really will not do. Surely it is a form of self-deception to make ONE be TWO?

Is it self-deception to make ONE be THREE in the case of the Trinity?

I believe in water baptism because it fulfills all righteousness as taught by Jesus, but water can't wash away sin; only the blood of Jesus can do that. Jesus fulfilled Leviticus 17:11, as noted in my signature, on the altar of God (the Cross).

Water baptism does not "put away the filth of the flesh" (1 Peter 3:21)...however it does wash away sins:

Act 22:16, And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

How does one become justified?

For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

God will give the conditional promise of Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 to as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Now look at the following:

Rom 8:30, Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

No one is saved by water,

Evidently Noah and his family were.

1Pe 3:20, Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Of course.

But the blood is obtained by speaking the name of Jesus Christ while in the water as we are buried with Christ in baptism.

Actually, @Truther is right on the money in his statement.

it is not by a work of righteousness which we have done

And also, being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins is not a "work of righteousness which we have done."

Because the Holy Ghost (salvation) is absolutely promised as the result of submitting to the ordinance.

And of course the holy scriptures teach that we are not saved by works.

a mistranslated passage

Are you a mormon?

good day sir,

I leave you in your sin

Is it not obvious that if he has been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, his sins have been remitted?

I just want to say at this juncture that in my own doctrine I do not deny that a person can be saved apart from baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

I do teach that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will receive the ordinance; so it is expedient for every man to receive the ordinance of baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

It will accomplish the remission of sins if you did not obtain that by some other means; through the blood of Jesus Christ which is appropriated when we go underneath the water.

You will come up out of the water to "walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4)...the behaviour of a believer will begin in you as the result of having been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

Also, rantismal regeneration is definitely taught in holy scripture (where rantism is the alliteration of the Hebrew term for sprinkling):

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Also, the man who would identify me as a "water cult" (@Behold) is a man who has deceived himself and the truth is not in him: for in his own doctrine, he denies indwelling sin and is therefore condemned as a deceiver (of himself and others) by 1 John 1:8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, if anyone is alive in Christ before baptism they are buried alive.

This is why they are terrified of being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

They are awaiting a terrible fate....

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death....

Sounds like rubbish to me. I was alive in Christ before I was able to get baptised. And I knew a lot of Christians in a similar position. You need to be alive in Christ to realise you need to be baptised. What they do to babies just not count as baptism.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So obviously it's not the water that's important.
The only significance of water is in that it provides an accurate representation of what has happened in the heart of the believer...that he has died, been buried, and is raised with Christ in order that he might "walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4).

I don't know of any other means by which burial and resurrection can be accurately symbolized as an identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection, than going under the water.

Notice also what I have said in times past...that this identification with Christ is a confession of Jesus before men...

And therefore has the capacity to be salvational for the person who engages in it (Matthew 10:32, Luke 12:8).

Last edited: