• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have decided.....I would love everyone to read what The Church teaches..

Canon 12. If anyone says that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in divine mercy, which remits sins for Christ's sake, or that it is this confidence alone that justifies us, let him be anathema.

Do you see this?
This is the rejection of The Gospel of the Grace of God, as it denies Paul's teaching that Salvation is a Gift and that Righteousness if a Gift.
In other words, its the Catholic Church's 1500 yr old denial of "justification by Faith, without works".

Next.. we have this Catholic lie.

""""At the end of her life, Mary was assumed body and soul into heaven"""""

Next... we have this lie, as Mary was born into this world, exactly as everyone else. With a sin nature, fallen, and needed to be redeemed by the very Blood of Christ, just like you.

"""""Mary, sinless """"""

Next, we have this lie... As Mary is in Heaven. She's not calling anyone to Christ. The Holy Spirit is doing the Calling, along with the Word of God being Preached and delivered by the LIVING who are on the EARTH.

""""""Mary, continues to call sinners to her Son.""""

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
First of all, I don't teach that we are supposed to walk according to the sinful nature.

You dont actually teach.
You just post carnal theories and some verses that are disconnected.

So, also, i didnt say you "taught" that we walk according to our sin nature.
I said that you dont understand that God's Blood has "made righteous".
You have no idea what "made righteous" means , or how this pertains to being "One with God".
That you are trying to keep yourself saved, proves you no idea what it means to be "made righteous".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont actually teach.
You just post carnal theories and some verses that are disconnected.

And of course, the reason why you say this is for the preservation of your own false teaching that we do not have indwelling sin as believers...which exposes and identifies you as a man who has deceived himself and the truth is not in him (1 John 1:8)...

Because I am the one who pointed this out, you have a vendetta against me and the teaching that I bring forth from the Holy Spirit to the people on these boards.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Canon 12. If anyone says that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in divine mercy, which remits sins for Christ's sake, or that it is this confidence alone that justifies us, let him be anathema.

Do you see this?
This is the rejection of The Gospel of the Grace of God, as it denies Paul's teaching that Salvation is a Gift and that Righteousness if a Gift.
In other words, its the Catholic Church's 1500 yr old denial of "justification by Faith, without works".

Next.. we have this Catholic lie.

""""At the end of her life, Mary was assumed body and soul into heaven"""""

Next... we have this lie, as Mary was born into this world, exactly as everyone else. With a sin nature, fallen, and needed to be redeemed by the very Blood of Christ, just like you.

"""""Mary, sinless """"""

Next, we have this lie... As Mary is in Heaven. She's not calling anyone to Christ. The Holy Spirit is doing the Calling, along with the Word of God being Preached and delivered by the LIVING who are on the EARTH.

""""""Mary, continues to call sinners to her Son.""""
Thank you.

The Church teaches “The Gospel of Grace” because it is in Scripture just like the Church teaches faith without works is dead because it is in Scripture also.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - Grace and justification

Soooo you can remove that “lie” from your list...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case, it would also be good for you...
When I said “good for you” what I meant is that you trust nor follow any other mans interpretation of the Bible except your own. You trust you. That is not biblical!! Soooooo it wouldn’t be good for me to trust myself and my interpretation of Scripture because as someone once said....I can’t remember who, someone in the Bible I think......Men twist scripture to their own destruction.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Yep.

Peace!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Yep.

Peace!
See Romans 4:1-8 (specifically Romans 4:5-6);

Titus 3:4-7 (specifically Titus 3:5 (kjv));

Romans 11:5-6 (kjv);

Ephesians 2:8-9.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See Romans 4:1-8 (specifically Romans 4:5-6);

Titus 3:4-7 (specifically Titus 3:5 (kjv));

Romans 11:5-6 (kjv);

Ephesians 2:8-9.

1cor 13:2

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

Peace!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except I'm not a Catholic.

The reality is that I have leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism.

The blood is in the water (1 John 5:8).
Oh have mercy on us Lord...
1 John 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
⁶ This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
⁷ For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
⁸ And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Verse 8 is referring to Jesus in the flesh...
Cross reference with
John 19 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³² Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
³³ But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
³⁴ But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
³⁵ And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
³⁶ For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
³⁷ And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh have mercy on us Lord...
1 John 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
⁶ This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
⁷ For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
⁸ And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Verse 8 is referring to Jesus in the flesh...
Cross reference with
John 19 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³² Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
³³ But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
³⁴ But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
³⁵ And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
³⁶ For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
³⁷ And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
That is one interpretation...

However, that the Spirit, the water, and the blood, agree in their testimony as a man is baptized is also valid as an interpretation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1cor 13:2

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

Peace!
Most assuredly, if someone is saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone, the love of the Lord will be shed abroad in his heart (Romans 5:5). And such a love is not impractical (1 John 3:17-18).

However, it should also be clear that we are not saved by works of righteousness which we have done (Titus 3:5 (kjv)) and that God imputes righteousness without works (Romans 4:6); that to him who worketh not but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith will be counted as righteousness (Romans 4:5).

So, the reality is that I cannot be regenerated or renewed in the Holy Ghost by giving $5 to the poor...neither by giving $5,000,000 to the poor. For we are not saved by works (Ephesians 2:8-9).

The reality is that works are the result of a genuine faith and salvation (Ephesians 2:10); but they can do nothing to apprehend it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And of course, the reason why you say this is for the preservation of your own false teaching that we do not have indwelling sin.

I dont have indwelling sin.
No literally born again person does..
What we can have is "sin consciousness", and ive taught about this in over 40 Threads... that you ither can't understand or never actually studied.
Thats on you, not on me.

See, God can't live IN YOU< if you have sin IN YOU, exactly the same way you can't go to heaven as having any sin.
You can't be both "The Temple of the Holy Spirit" and "sin indwells in me".

See, if Christ does not have your sin, then you have it, and you're going to go to hell if you don't allow Jesus to resolve it.

The born again are "In Christ", and there is no sin found in Christ.
Not ever.
The born again are "One with God and Christ", and there is no sin found in God, deceiver.

So, if you are actually born again.....You just cant yet understand that your old man is crucified, and this lack of understanding is because you dont walk in the Spirit.
And because you dont, you have issues with your flesh that cause you to confess and repent.
So, because that is how your discipleship is not walking according to the Grace of God, you think that is normal Christianity.
But it not, its broken Christianity.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thank you.

The Church teaches “The Gospel of Grace” because it is in Scripture just like the Church teaches faith without works is dead because it is in Scripture also. Catechism of the Catholic Church - Grace and justification
Soooo you can remove that “lie” from your list...

I quoted your Church.
Its the one that says that water saves you.
So, is water "Grace"?
Even you are not going to try that lie.

Your church teaches that Justification by faith alone, is not the Gospel.

So when you or your church tries to add WORKS to GRACE as you just did, when trying to defend your cult, then you are found as all cults are found.
Galatians 1:8

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Yep.

Peace!

Yes, works count for nothing, regarding being born again.
If we could work our way to heaven, then Jesus could have stayed off The Cross.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted your Church.
Its the one that says that water saves you.
So, is water "Grace"?
Even you are not going to try that lie.

Your church teaches that Justification by faith alone, is not the Gospel.

So when you or your church tries to add WORKS to GRACE as you just did, when trying to defend your cult, then you are found as all cults are found.
Galatians 1:8
Lol...you PARTIALLY quoted The Church just like you do Scripture.

The use of water is a commandment by Jesus (Baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and was practiced/taught by the Apostles. YOU reject the Apostles which means you reject Him (Luke 10:16). You reject Jesus commandment which means you reject Him. The Church doesn’t.

Once again, The Church did not add works to grace. Both are taught and “faith without works is dead”. That’s what Scripture says, that’s what true Christians practice.

The Protestant men who taught you fulfilled Galatians 1:8.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, works count for nothing, regarding being born again.
If we could work our way to heaven, then Jesus could have stayed off The Cross.
work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""""At the end of her life, Mary was assumed body and soul into heaven"""""""
Yup, that is the traditional teaching from Christianity.

The Church adheres to Scripture and has held fast to the traditions it was taught (2 Thessalonians 2:15). Why don’t you adhere to Scripture?