• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who believes in the blood of Christ plus anything else as being mandatory for salvation is living a dead faith.

It's NOT ok to believe that the Blood of Christ needs water baptism to be saved!
My friend you have things twisted . I was simply speaking about TRUE FAITH .
If our faith is dead its dead . Look at what paul says to timothy .
IF any will not provide for his own , A DOER of that GOOD WORK , HE has DENIED THE FAITH . THE FAITH
and HE is worse than an infidel .
We cannot seperate LOVE from obediance . WHO WE LOVE is WHO WE OBEY and its WHOSE we are .
IF ye LOVE ME , KEEP my sayings . JESUS was not preaching legalism , Nor am i .
WHO we love is whose we are . AND if any does err , yes we correct them . We do confess our faults
and we do keep the pattern that was taught BY JESUS to the apostels , then the apostels and later paul would teach to the church .
AND it is the work of the indwelling Spirit . The thing is , many do not truly have the Spirit , they follow another jesus , another gosple
I mean look at all our churches . DO you really think everyone that gets up and says they beleive in JESUS
really are His . WHEN most are teaching serious doctrinal error and blasphemy . Even the pope can claim to beleive in JESUS
but surely you know he aint following HIM . And i aint accusing anyone here of whether or not they have the SPIRIT .
I was just making a general reminder that many do not actually have the Spirit . Their faith is dead my friend . Just like mine once was .
They embrace sin and lust and follow the flesh and yet can sit and holler JESUS saves , just like i once did . i too was lost .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who believes in the blood of Christ plus anything else as being mandatory for salvation is living a dead faith.

It's NOT ok to believe that the Blood of Christ needs water baptism to be saved!
You must repent.

Is that adding to the blood of Jesus?

I think that it isn't.

The blood of Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

However, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman.

So, He is not going to sanctify you against your will.

He requires that you make that 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must repent.

Is that adding to the blood of Jesus?

I think that it isn't.

The blood of Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

However, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman.

So, He is not going to sanctify you against your will.

He requires that you make that 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

What is this? What does this have to do with water baptism being mandatory for salvation?

Your slipping and sliding doesn't work with me, jbf!!!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I also received the Holy Ghost before being water baptized...

What I am contending for is that God can indeed save people with Acts 2:38-39 salvation.

I am saying that if someone doesn't yet have the Holy Ghost, they can receive Him as the direct result of fulfilling the condition of the promise in Acts 2:38-39.
That cant be aruged with either my friend . There are several places in acts where the mention of the recieving the HOLY GHOST is given .
I think acts chapter eight , chapter ten and i think nineteen . All i truly know is this , IF our faith is IN JESUS
then we are gonna be hearers and doers . AND we gonna remind others to do the same . For the Spirit always unctions us
to do as we ought too and to flee evil . I say we keep it simple . IF JESUS said to do , DO , IF the early church
taught it , we do it . Keep the pattern . Loving every word of our LORD , every word of truth . And the Spirit
would put and does put that love upon our hearts . But again , SIN can harden it .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend you have things twisted . I was simply speaking about TRUE FAITH .
If our faith is dead its dead . Look at what paul says to timothy .
IF any will not provide for his own , A DOER of that GOOD WORK , HE has DENIED THE FAITH . THE FAITH
and HE is worse than an infidel .
We cannot seperate LOVE from obediance . WHO WE LOVE is WHO WE OBEY and its WHOSE we are .
IF ye LOVE ME , KEEP my sayings . JESUS was not preaching legalism , Nor am i .
WHO we love is whose we are . AND if any does err , yes we correct them . We do confess our faults
and we do keep the pattern that was taught BY JESUS to the apostels , then the apostels and later paul would teach to the church .
AND it is the work of the indwelling Spirit . The thing is , many do not truly have the Spirit , they follow another jesus , another gosple
I mean look at all our churches . DO you really think everyone that gets up and says they beleive in JESUS
really are His . WHEN most are teaching serious doctrinal error and blasphemy . Even the pope can claim to beleive in JESUS
but surely you know he aint following HIM . And i aint accusing anyone here of whether or not they have the SPIRIT .
I was just making a general reminder that many do not actually have the Spirit . Their faith is dead my friend . Just like mine once was .
They embrace sin and lust and follow the flesh and yet can sit and holler JESUS saves , just like i once did . i too was lost .

My friend, I haven't twisted anything. The blood of Christ does not need and will not accept anything else by faith for salvation.

In fact, water baptism is a work performed by another man in ceremony.

Paul plainly said if by works your salvation is no longer by grace. Romans 11:6

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, I haven't twisted anything. The blood of Christ does not need and will not accept anything else by faith for salvation.

In fact, water baptism is a work performed by another man in ceremony.

Paul plainly said if by works your salvation is no longer by grace. Romans 11:6
Yes and we say the same as well . Its the blood of JESUS that cleanses us . Faith in JESUS is what saves us .
I am just making mention of true faith verses dead faith .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and we say the same as well . Its the blood of JESUS that cleanses us . Faith in JESUS is what saves us .
I am just making mention of true faith verses dead faith .

What about the topic of this thread? Is water baptism mandatory for salvation?

Answer me that, and let's settle this once and for all!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the topic of this thread? Is water baptism mandatory for salvation?

(Answer me that, and let's settle this once and for all!)
Absolutely not.

While it does have the power to save; as there is a promise of the Holy Ghost to those who will receive it in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not.

While it does have the power to save; as there is a promise of the Holy Ghost to those who will receive it in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

Show me where water baptism has the power to save in scripture! It's not there my friend!

Believing in water baptism to save is heresy! It is resorting to law, it's a manmade law.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where water baptism has the power to save in scripture! It's not there my friend!

Believing in water baptism to save is heresy! It is resorting to law, it's a manmade law.
Ezekiel 36:25-27, 1 Peter 3:20-21, Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, Romans 6:1-4, Galatians 3:27, Colossians 2:12, and more.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me how these verses nullify what happened in Acts 10!
I'm not saying that anything nullifies Acts 10.

1) I don't believe that water baptism in Jesus' Name is exclusively the way to salvation;

and,

2) the context of Acts 10 shows that God was making an exception to a rule in order to include Gentiles in the kingdom.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying that anything nullifies Acts 10.

1) I don't believe that water baptism in Jesus' Name is exclusively the way to salvation;

and,

2) the context of Acts 10 shows that God was making an exception to a rule in order to include Gentiles in the kingdom.

You believe that faith in Christ is not enough, you believe water baptism must be added to the Cross in order to be saved.

I say that is heresy, and will not be accepted by the Father! It's nothing less than a slap in the face!

And then you try to tell me that God made an exception to His laws of salvation, but you can't produce anything from scripture that proves that!

And then despite everything I've shown you, you expect me to believe that!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe that faith in Christ is not enough, you believe water baptism must be added to the Cross in order to be saved.

I say that is heresy, and will not be accepted by the Father! It's nothing less than a slap in the face!

And then you try to tell me that God made an exception to His laws of salvation, but you can't produce anything from scripture that proves that!

And then despite everything I've shown you, you expect me to believe that!

Faith in Christ is enough...being water baptized in Jesus' Name will seal the deal and remove all doubt, placing the helmet of salvation securely on your head.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just encourage you to look for what I was talking about in the context of Acts 10. Because the reality of it is not isolated in singular verses but in an understanding of the passage.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just encourage you to look for what I was talking about in the context of Acts 10. Because the reality of it is not isolated in singular verses but in an understanding of the passage.

More of your commentary! Do you believe that water baptism is necessary for salvation along with repenting and faith in Christ or not?