• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My assurance in salvation is based on God and his trustworthyness, His character, and his power. Not in my work.

To many people have confindence in their works. And they will stand in front of Jesus and proclaim those works and jesus sadly will say depart for he never knew them/ Because they placed works equal with faith as a means of the reason God should let them into heaven

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My assurance in salvation is based on God and his trustworthyness, His character, and his power. Not in my work.

To many people have confindence in their works. And they will stand in front of Jesus and proclaim those works and jesus sadly will say depart for he never knew them/ Because they placed works equal with faith as a means of the reason God should let them into heaven

And then they will tell you it not works, when they have plainly added to the Cross, actually meaning what Christ did was not enough.

It will be rejected and it will be a very sad day for many!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then they will tell you it not works, when they have plainly added to the Cross, actually meaning what Christ did was not enough.

I suppose that the very Bible adds to the Cross when it tells us certain things in verses like Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, Acts of the Apostles 22:16, Romans 6:1-4, Galatians 3:27, Colossians 2:12, 1 Peter 3:20-21 and Ezekiel 36:25-27.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sadly Satan has perverted the gospel for the church just like he did with the jews and people fell for it.

Thats why he is called the master of deception.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts of the Apostles 22:16.

Paul's sins were forgiven on the road to Damascus when he said "Lord what will you have me do."

Those sins were washed away by the Blood of Jesus Christ!

To say sins are washed away in water is nothing short of blasphemy!

Ananias was referring to a present action "baptism" being done because of a past action "salvation" that took place 3 days earlier.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly Satan has perverted the gospel for the church just like he did with the jews and people fell for it.

Thats why he is called the master of deception.
Indeed...it may even be that he has deceived people into not receiving the ordinance that will result in the promise of the Holy Ghost being absolutely given to them...for He is absolutely promised in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's sins were forgiven on the road to Damascus when he said "Lord what will you have me do."

Those sins were washed away by the Blood of Jesus Christ!

To say sins are washed away in water is nothing short of blasphemy!

Ananias was referring to a present action "baptism" being done because of a past action "salvation" that took place 3 days earlier.
I think that you have failed to honestly look at the verse in question.

Act 22:16, And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that you have failed to honestly look at the verse in question.

Act 22:16, And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

JBF, this is a pitiful situation when a so-called minister of the Gospel doesn't even understand the spiritual aspect of salvation!

When Paul was saved and his sins washed away by the Blood of the Lamb on the road, three days earlier, this was his actual spiritual salvation.

Now the visible sign of this account will take place in water baptism, that is what Ananias is referring to.

No one should have to explain this to you!!! You should know this before you preach to others!!!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JBF, this is a pitiful situation when a so-called minister of the Gospel doesn't even understand the spiritual aspect of salvation!

When Paul was saved and his sins washed away by the Blood of the Lamb on the road, three days earlier, this was his actual spiritual salvation.

Now the visible sign of this account will take place in water baptism, that is what Ananias is referring to.

No one should have to explain this to you!!! You should know this before you preach to others!!!

All I said was that you had failed to look at the verse honestly, and then quoted the verse.

Where did I preach my understanding of the verse?

I think that the verse in question speaks for itself.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many have tried to tell him this. That's why I no longer respond to him.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least you capitalized Gospel when referring to the gospel that I preach. Which indicates that it is true and not false.

I don't make it a habit of calling out people, this is only the second time in all my years.

But you are a disgrace to the Gospel of Christ as you preach it!

You have been corrected numerous times by many here and refuse to even consider the truth, which makes it even worse!

Reactions: HisLife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't make it a habit of calling out people, this is only the second time in all my years.

But you are a disgrace to the Gospel of Christ as you preach it!

You have been corrected numerous times by many here and refuse to even consider the truth, which makes it even worse!
Never have I been adequately corrected by holy scripture, and have not changed my point of view in the long or short run.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what water baptism is. It is a confession of your faith, before man and God. "Thousands in Christs day."

Yep

But no one, and I mean no one, was saved because of that water baptism. no more than anyone was saved because they were circumcized in the OT

Water baptism, like circumcision is a symbol of what God literally does for us the moment we have faith

Reactions: Charlie24

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep

But no one, and I mean no one, was saved because of that water baptism. no more than anyone was saved because they were circumcized in the OT

Water baptism, like circumcision is a symbol of what God literally does for us the moment we have faith
Yes, it is a like figure that also doth now save us (1 Peter 3:20-21).

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yep

So this is where our conversation began. We have gone full circle. Has nothing been achieved? Read it carefully to the end.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38 KJV)