Dispensational problems

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude, I am not the one who called your belief a fairy tale

Whether it does or need t your attitude is not helping
I'm not projecting anything towards you or anyone else in this forum, but towards a common teaching

A Millennial Kingdom on this earth isnt found in scripture, it's a fable, man's fabrication, it's that simple

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reign of God is from the Heavenly Throne.
Follow the discussion.
"Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

Not so fast. God's feet rest on the earth. The point is that it is not beyond reach only in heaven. The point is no building by man could enclose God's throne. Heaven and earth are a package deal. God's GWT is located both places. Earth is the base of the throne. The Lord God reigns in both and from both locations.

When David and Solomon built the temple it was already known it would not house the throne of God, because no one could condense God down to fit. However God did become flesh, and Jesus was still not going to sit in an earthly temple, even though now, "God could fit". God was not ready to rule from Jerusalem in the first century. Adam's flesh and blood still had time to serve in sin. The fact the Jews rejected Jeaus did not change this fact. That there was still 2000 years left on Adam's sentence of death proves the Jews were just being normal humans subject to a sin nature. That could not change because Daniel's 70th week was not realized either in the first century. Humanity still had to put their faith and trust in God, it would not come naturally.

Now, instead of one family on earth holding a stone temple where God visited once a year, all souls could be controlled by God every second of the day on an individual basis. Still, not one single human could claim superiority and claimed they alone contained the GWT of God within themselves. Just like the Hebrews could never contain the GWT of God in a stone temple.

That was the point of not having a monopoly on God, not that God was never present, but way up "small" in some distant heavenly place out of reach from humanity.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not projecting anything towards you or anyone else in this forum, but towards a common teaching

A Millennial Kingdom on this earth isnt found in scripture, it's a fable, man's fabrication, it's that simple
Yawn

you have not t changed a bit

good day sir you have nothing for me

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep he is

and when he rules with a rod of iron all nation will confess it
Jesus dosent take a (Rod Of Iron) to reign upon this earth as many suggest

Jesus Christ returns and "Destroys" with a (Rod Of Iron), just as a potter destroys his vessels

Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 2:27KJV
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Psalm 2:9KJV
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus dosent take a (Rod Of Iron) to reign upon this earth as many suggest

Jesus Christ returns and "Destroys" with a (Rod Of Iron), just as a potter destroys his vessels

Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 2:27KJV
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Psalm 2:9KJV
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Keep on thinking that

good day my friend

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Israel Of God Is The Church, Children Of The Promised Seed

Roman's 9:6-8KJV
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
1 Corinthians 10.32 seems to indicate the church, Israel and the Gentiles are distinct.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 10.32 seems to indicate the church, Israel and the Gentiles are distinct.
romans 11 proves it also

Saved jews and unsaved Jews (Israel) (natural branches, A remnant left. Blinded, will see again)

vs saved gentiles (unnatural branches, Told not to be puffed up. Warned of the mystery

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse you provide speaks to dietary customs of ethnic cultures, and not to bring offence, nothing more

Sorta like a person bringing a barbequed pig to a Jewish bar mitzvah dinner

1 Corinthians 10:31-32KJV
31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like the Catholic Church system of man.

1. it's true that Dispensationalism started with John Darby in 1830s Great Britain, and Darby used it to push a false pre-tribulational rapture theory, what was called at one time, a "secret rapture".

2. Not ALL evangelicals believe in a Pre-trib Rapture of the Church. You appear to be attacking evangelicals in whole. The word evangelical simply originates from the idea of to evangelize, which simply means to preach The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

3. the 1st century Church fathers were ALL... pre-millennialists. That means they believed The Bible as written, that Jesus returns PRIOR to His Millennial thousand years reign, AS WRITTEN in Revelation.

4. the doctrine of men called Amillennialism, which denies... the written Scripture about Christ's "thousand years" reign of Revelation 20, only started in the 2nd century. So yes, 'some' of the early Church fathers latched onto that lie, but not all did. So just pointing out that 'some' early Church fathers succumbed to it isn't enough evidence to make it an actual doctrine in God's Word. The written Scripture goes directly against Amillennialsim.