Do the blacks have a right to hold a grudge?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Which side we take in this controversy doesn't determine the outcome of the war, but does determine the part we play in its consummation.
from a Hegelian pov, certainly, yes
I believe there is a real literal 'enemy' of God and His people.
Our greatest enemy is ourselves.
i can do this all day long bl
I view prophecy as being quite specific and literal when it describes a coming war that is waged specifically against the final remnant of God's people.
I do not see everything described therein as literal
ok ty bl, wadr i don't even know what to say to this. "Awesome manifestation of the Hegelian Dialectic" is all that comes to mind, but i see that this is not serving you i guess

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to the kingdom that comes by observation, to an enforced literal reading, the Euphrates will literally dry up now, as if that was even needed for a literal army--inferred from "kings of the East" i guess--to cross anyway, and etc. Misdirect to a new, improved def of "last days," midirect to all of our budding young -mancers here, to anyone seeing with Two Eyes, basically

You might add to ‘why misdirect’ Luke 9:60-62
[60] Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. [61] And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. [62] And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You mentioned elsewhere the drying up of the river Euphrates as being necessary in order to make way for the kings of the east. It is true that many see this as literal. I, like you, think it absurd. It is indeed figurative...yet the figure must be interpreted or understood by that which is literal right?
well, i guess the Euphrates is literally drying up too, huh
So then, as an example, how are we to understand that passage of scripture? What does the river represent? Why the Euphrates and not the Mississippi? Or the Tigris? Or the Danube? Or Cooper's Creek? And who are the kings of the East?
def better Qs imo
The scripture itself can help us to understand. In the OT we read of Cyrus drying up (diverting) the river Euphrates in order to enter into and conquer Babylon.
ah, but i guess you were not really asking Qs after all, ok. Ya, i guess that is the obv ref, and i have no probs if you wanna tell it ok :)

Last edited:

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And perhaps you could offer me an honest opinion...who stands the better chance of surviving and rehabilitating in a Mississippi prison...a white murderer or a black man convicted of possession of marijuana?

Hey brakelite.

Perhaps you meant who stands a better chance of going to prison? Surviving there may not have much to do with how one got there? Unless they were a cop or a child molester. There are some people that even inmates feel are far beneath them. Those already serving 'life' see no disincentive to not 'take care of business'. But street smarts, toughness and gang affiliation (whether prior to, or immediately after, incarceration) may have a lot to do with survival.

They actually do convict white people for murder in America. Even for killing black people. The white person for marijuana possession might stand a lesser chance of a full conviction and sentence. But this is likely due to superior resources. And the fact that less black folks show up for jury duty. And that he got a haircut and wore a suit and respected the Court. Showed a little contrition.

As far as rehabilitation, well, that's not really a true goal. Despite what the talking heads claim. Its punishment, deterrence and public safety. About the only people I ever see who rehabilitate themselves in prison, regardless of race or background, are people who find Jesus in the slammer.

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i guess the Euphrates is literally drying up, huh

Hey bbyrd009.

Yes.

Drought in the Fertile Crescent
NASA

Turkey’s control of the Euphrates might lead to disaster

"In recent weeks (2014), the Turks have stopped the flow of water into Syria from the mighty river, which has its source in Turkey’s Taurus Mountains before flowing into Syria and on into Iraq. The Euphrates is the main source of water for the Northern Syrian province of Raqqa."

"Turkey initially cut the flow of water into Syria at the beginning of May for six days. In June, the government decreased the river flow gradually until it was stopped completely by the middle of the month."

It can happen... literally.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so to rephrase this your hope is for the execution of people, other people right, "wicked" people?

:rolleyes: Yes, Byrd. I hate everyone. I'm filled with hatred, hatred, hatred. I just dream of the day when they will all die. :rolleyes:
but the truth becomes obvious when you cannot state any personal complaints, but only tropes wadr

What. No one is allowed to comment on the atrocities other people commit until they're the ones who've been killed? LoL.
see, this post and my last one together kinda paint a certain picture imo, and you are allowed to believe the picture is about Muslims if you want to

Byrd, you're welcome to accuse me of being sinful all you want to. It's your right. I place my hope in the establishment of the kingdom of God on this earth in its literal, physical form. I will not rejoice in seeing their downfall. I stated before that as a people I tend to like Muslims, but rephrase things however you want.

I do have to tell you that I've taken note of this conversation. For you to depict me as an evil and hateful person is a little on the hurtful side.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes: Yes, Byrd. I hate everyone. I'm filled with hatred, hatred, hatred. I just dream of the day when they will all die. :rolleyes:
you are being dramatic to avoid the point wadr, i simply rephrased the statement, and "everyone" was not in view there anyway?
What. No one is allowed to comment on the atrocities other people commit until they're the ones who've been killed? LoL.
sure you can! It's called peering in i guess?
But i would then ask why we are not examining atrocities committed upon us, which almost wholly come from obviously diff quarters?
Byrd, you're welcome to accuse me of being sinful all you want to.
?
i'm not sure "the execution of wicked ppl" is such a bad idea myself! Ha!

so wadr i'm wondering where this characterization of...accusing you of anything is even originating, again, i just rephrased your statement?
Apparently to...quite some effect, yes?
but i would much prefer to focus on the idea rather than you personally, the idea is a very popular one, right,
and i would just as soon proceed as though you had quoted it from somewhere, ok

or bam ignore this if it serves you, too

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good, but I don't see that happening. (It takes more work.)

Yes, admittedly. The comments were from Jason Whitlock, who has a bit of a bad reputation among blacks for downplaying racism, and I do tend to think his arguments overlook the obvious sometimes.

My deal is this: They have long been in a position where I think the most effective approach is to overcome evil with good. If more blacks were to follow the Biblical command to not resist evil I think they would have more whites on their side. That's not to say other methods (i.e. methods of resistance) are wrong, but the problem is there is no real power in the black movement like there was back in the days of Martin Luther King Jr. because they have not yet motivated white America to come fully to their defense. I think only white America can silence the hatred of white Americans, and only black Americans can ever silence the hatred of black Americans.

So I tend to likewise favor a focus on the good, and on avoiding anything that looks like still holding resentments. That doesn't mean they don't deserve to or still have the right to. It just means I don't think it works in their best interest.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the blacks have a right to hold a grudge for what was done to their enslaved ancestors?
Historically, throughout the world, all colors of skin have been enslaved even during the slavery period in America there were white slaves and black slave owners.

If anyone chooses to hold a grudge for what happened 150+ years ago then that is their choice, it is not a right.

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Historically, throughout the world, all colors of skin have been enslaved even during the slavery period in America there were white slaves and black slave owners.

If anyone chooses to hold a grudge for what happened 150+ years ago then that is their choice, it is not a right.

Mary

Amen...and hitting the nail right on the head.
...Thumb.gif

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so wadr i'm wondering where this characterization of...accusing you of anything is even originating, again, i just rephrased your statement?
Apparently to...quite some effect, yes?

No, you ding dong, LoL. I understand where the argument is coming from because I've heard it before. And I know you are presenting it more as an argument than as an actual accusation, but that line of reasoning could be used to justify absolutely anything. And in the end, the above is how I would respond if I were taking your comments seriously. I would have to stand on the truth, knowing that in reality I hate no one, and be prepared to withstand false accusations.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bbyrd009 is an ANGRY bird! As far as I can tell he's the only bird I know of with venomous fangs. What happened to him I wonder? Must have gotten kicked out of the nest.

Actually I'm a bird lover but you have to watch some of them. The cowbird lays it's eggs in the nests of other species. When they hatch they push the other young fledglings over the side and the unsuspecting parents feed and nurture the predatory fowls.

View attachment 4795

Ick!

003_Y-entoces-llego-ella.jpg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, you ding dong, LoL. I understand where the argument is coming from because I've heard it before. And I know you are presenting it more as an argument than as an actual accusation, but that line of reasoning could be used to justify absolutely anything. And in the end, the above is how I would respond if I were taking your comments seriously. I would have to stand on the truth, knowing that in reality I hate no one, and be prepared to withstand false accusations.
ok well if i have or am inferring a Line of Reasoning in the restatement that is not correct, could you say what it is, and let's go from there? ty
the hope for that vision of the future rests entirely on the Lord Jesus Christ returning in power to execute judgment upon the wicked.

so to rephrase this your hope is for the execution of people, other people right, "wicked" people?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok well if i have or am inferring a Line of Reasoning in the restatement that is not correct, could you say what it is, and let's go from there? ty

I just did. And we haven't gone anywhere yet, LoL.

If I had a lot to do today I'd probably be moving on at this point. But since I'm just taking it easy and watching some football, what am I missing in your point?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I just did. And we haven't gone anywhere yet, LoL.
i see you referring to it a lot, and even defending your pov against it,
...but "it" has yet to be defined that i can tell? sorry
what am I missing in your point?
ah well the point has been glossed over now--after all, you have no personal complaints, and i already know that--but somehow we got to talking about you specifically (in a different vein), your hate here rather than my restatement. If the restatement is not accurate, can you just make a better restatement? i mean, here, let's sanitize it first...

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the hope for that vision of the future rests entirely on the Lord Jesus Christ returning in power to execute judgment upon the wicked.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the restatement is not accurate, can you just make a better restatement? i mean, here, let's sanitize it first...

Your statement was "so to rephrase this your hope is for the execution of people, other people right, 'wicked' people?," which I assumed to be you making an argument about self-fulfilling prophecies rather than asking me a question. But to rephrase it I said, "I place my hope in the establishment of the kingdom of God on this earth in its literal, physical form," with the implication that those trying to annihilate His people will of necessity have to be destroyed to set it up.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your statement was "so to rephrase this your hope is for the execution of people, other people right, 'wicked' people?," which I assumed to be you making an argument about self-fulfilling prophecies rather than asking me a question. But to rephrase it I said, "I place my hope in the establishment of the kingdom of God on this earth in its literal, physical form," with the implication that those trying to annihilate His people will of necessity have to be destroyed to set it up.
of course, naturally anyone who is not "us" must be destroyed in order for the kingdom that must come by observation to be manifest, no argument here. And we'll just disregard what God promised Noah for now, surely He meant "by literal water" right, almost surely probably