Do we sow Peace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 23:13
[13] Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

I am not sure what you are telling me with this verse. And I am not following you.

Let's go back a bit. From what I understand, and I may be mistaken, you are telling me that you used to believe a certain way but now have changed. You used to believe (Is. 63:1-6) spoke to Christ when He comes and destroys His enemies. Now, If I understand you, you are saying that is speaking to Christ's sacrifice on the Cross.

Thus the title of this thread, "Do We So Peace", represents how you think believers should act as it is the way Jesus Christ acts and what He has taught us to do.

As a result, any forceful rule by Christ, any destroying by Christ, found in the Bible, will be interpreted in light of Jesus Christ bringing peace and teaching us to be peacemakers also. Thus it will always be interpreted as having been accomplished at the cross, and not some future day of destruction.

Do I understand you correctly?

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what you are telling me with this verse. And I am not following you.

Let's go back a bit. From what I understand, and I may be mistaken, you are telling me that you used to believe a certain way but now have changed. You used to believe (Is. 63:1-6) spoke to Christ when He comes and destroys His enemies. Now, If I understand you, you are saying that is speaking to Christ's sacrifice on the Cross.

Thus the title of this thread, "Do We So Peace", represents how you think believers should act as it is the way Jesus Christ acts and what He has taught us to do.

As a result, any forceful rule by Christ, any destroying by Christ, found in the Bible, will be interpreted in light of Jesus Christ bringing peace and teaching us to be peacemakers also. Thus it will always be interpreted as having been accomplished at the cross, and not some future day of destruction.

Do I understand you correctly?

Stranger

Very Close. But He treads the wine press in His fury, alone. He wanted mercy and not sacrifice. He will have the mercy they wouldn’t and couldn’t give. They were the sacrifice which He wanted to have mercy on but they wouldn’t or couldn’t hear so the stones were over thrown and the pressing out of mercy begun. mercy He will have but not through them but ON them.

Romans 11:30-33
[30] For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: [31] Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. [32] For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. [33] O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

The point was: read in the flesh and man says God says we are to beat a child with a rod. But it is Spiritual. If we beat a child with a rod he (the child) may indeed die. God’s beating with a rod is good. Man’s rod becomes a serpent. God’s rod delivers from Hell. Proverbs 23:13-14 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. [14] Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Same as our fathers after the flesh discipline is way different than God’s chastisement which is for our good. You may say that is a Son. But if God takes the rod to them, isn’t it to save them from Hell? That is all I am saying, Stranger. All the destroying (blood to the bridle) then after ...the ruling with a rod of iron...

you say(if I understand you correctly) is to present a slow destruction of all the bad people that are enemies. If that is our future...the one we look toward to with hope? Looking to a rod to beat our enemies to death with when He rules? God is not some seeker of punishment (Satan serves that purpose), but God is for the good of another.

2 Peter 3:9
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If He is willing...please don’t think it strange if I see that by the word, it could be possible. Thank you for taking the time to reply even though you may see it differently.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only. it depends which field you are sowing in.
1 Corinthians 9:22 "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

1 Corinthians 9:23 "And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you".

2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

All things to all men...sounds like a peacemaker.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things to all men...sounds like a peacemaker.
sound that way and it might be, but like in fishing, one use the right bait to get the type of fish you want. when sowing there are some thing one must do,
Matthew 13:3 "And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

Matthew 13:4 "And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Matthew 13:5 "Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

Matthew 13:6 "And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

Matthew 13:7 "And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

Matthew 13:8 "But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Matthew 13:9 "Who hath ears to hear, let him hear".

the one to hear is us, his disciples, not the audience. if one is familiar with Farming, it takes work.
those seeds that fell by the waysid, a farmer must break up the ground before planting. seed on top of a "HARD" surface is prey for the fowls. it's the farmer JOB to break up those hard hearts of People. preach Jesus christ and him crucified, in season, and out, just in case they are in winter.

"stony places", a farmer must prepare the ground by removing, (putting) the stones, and stumps, in their proper place, so he or she can feed the proper nutrition (the Word of God) to all of them.
because there are some stones who think they are the cornerstone of the church.

"thorns", a farmer must weed out, and keep order in the church, hence teach the truth, for weeds will spring up. (falese teachers) "thorns" are not your friends. the apostle Paul had one, and you will too.

"good Ground". when you break through those hard hearts, and weed out those thorns, then you will have a good crop. peace always comes later.

so being a friend to the world, is an enemy of God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sound that way and it might be, but like in fishing, one use the right bait to get the type of fish you want. when sowing there are some thing one must do,
Matthew 13:3 "And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

Matthew 13:4 "And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Matthew 13:5 "Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

Matthew 13:6 "And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

Matthew 13:7 "And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

Matthew 13:8 "But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Matthew 13:9 "Who hath ears to hear, let him hear".

the one to hear is us, his disciples, not the audience. if one is familiar with Farming, it takes work.
those seeds that fell by the waysid, a farmer must break up the ground before planting. seed on top of a "HARD" surface is prey for the fowls. it's the farmer JOB to break up those hard hearts of People. preach Jesus christ and him crucified, in season, and out, just in case they are in winter.

"stony places", a farmer must prepare the ground by removing, (putting) the stones, and stumps, in their proper place, so he or she can feed the proper nutrition (the Word of God) to all of them.
because there are some stones who think they are the cornerstone of the church.

"thorns", a farmer must weed out, and keep order in the church, hence teach the truth, for weeds will spring up. (falese teachers) "thorns" are not your friends. the apostle Paul had one, and you will too.

"good Ground". when you break through those hard hearts, and weed out those thorns, then you will have a good crop. peace always comes later.

so being a friend to the world, is an enemy of God.

I see what you are saying: it is a process; a progression and each man is in a different place. Somethings have to happen first. But that is the point ...why does God break up the ground ...for it to receive the good seed. If all we talk about is God breaking the ground because He hates the individual and is against them...we miss the opportunity and speak a lie because God breaks the ground ...for good.

And we forget those that beat up our ground to help the ground(our heart)take the good seed...is the the very reason we entered (pressed)into the kingdom through much tribulation.

Paul was given a thorn in the flesh. A messenger of Satan to buffet Paul. The messenger of Satan served Paul in buffeting Paul. In other words Paul took some punches in the face to be kept humble and in need of God’s grace. Paul did not serve the messenger of Satan, but the messenger was sent to serve Paul.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Romans 8:31
[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

John 3:16
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why does God break up the ground ...for it to receive the good seed. If all we talk about is God breaking the ground because He hates the individual and is against them...we miss the opportunity to plant what is make fertile.
No, God don't hate the person. we have been contaminated with a thing called "sin". and God removed sin.
it's that we must be RE-NEWED in our minds. the breaking up is that false doctrine that we have been taught. we need a "breakup" or a divorce from false doctrine.
And we forget those that beat up our ground to make it take the good seed...is the the very reason we entered into the kingdom through much tribulation.
no beat up, but breakup, the tribulation is with the world, and if some in the church are worldy then we have trouble there.
Paul was given a thorn in the flesh. A messenger of Satan to buffet Paul. The messenger of Satan served Paul in buffeting Paul. In other words Paul took some punches in the face to be kept humble and in need of God’s grace. Paul did not serve the messages of Satan, but the messenger was sent to serve Paul.
no, not physically punched in the face, but spiritually to contridict him. and you hit something on the head. the messenger was to keep Paul in check, for he had all knowledge, and understanding, (see ! Cor 13:1 & 2)

and your other scriptures are on point.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no beat up, but breakup,

Thank you. “Breakup” not “beat up”.

no, not physically punched in the face, but spiritually to contridict him. and you hit something on the head. the messenger was to keep Paul in check, for he had all knowledge, and understanding, (see ! Cor 13:1 & 2)

I didn’t mean physically. The thing about a thorn in the flesh is, the thorn (stake) is lodged in the flesh and is an irritation.

I do get what you are saying about breaking down. Truth be told I have broke down (tore down) most of my life. You say it is false doctrines. Yes. But that I’m not good at...purposely tearing those down. But I was good at tearing others down. That came well and effortlessly with my old nature. What is new is that new nature to build up others instead. Which nature are we to increase toward? I do get what you are saying and am not arguing against it. I get you may purposely tear down false doctrine and in return you are also building.

beauty for ashes...Isaiah 61:3-6 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord , that he might be glorified. [4] And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. [5] And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. [6] But ye shall be named the Priests of the Lord : men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. (in the Lord and His mercy)

Last edited:
Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. “Breakup” not “beat up”.

I didn’t mean physically. The thing about a thorn in the flesh is, the thorn (stake) is lodged in the flesh and is an irritation.

I do get what you are saying about breaking down. Truth be told I have broke down (tore down) most of my life. You say it is false doctrines. Yes. But that I’m not good at...purposely tearing those down. But I was good at tearing others down. That came well and effortlessly with my old nature. What is new is that new nature to build up others instead. Which nature are we to increase toward? I do get what you are saying and am not arguing against it. I get you may purposely tear down false doctrine and in return you are also building.

beauty for ashes...Isaiah 61:3-6 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord , that he might be glorified. [4] And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. [5] And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. [6] But ye shall be named the Priests of the Lord : men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. (in the Lord)
first thanks for your reply, NEVER PUT YOURSELF DOWN, ok. you're an OVERCOMER.
Listen to this,
2 Corinthians 4:12 "So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

2 Corinthians 4:13 "We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

2 Corinthians 4:14 "Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

2 Corinthians 4:15 "For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

2 Corinthians 4:16 "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

2 Corinthians 4:17 "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

2 Corinthians 4:18 "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very Close. But He treads the wine press in His fury, alone. He wanted mercy and not sacrifice. He will have the mercy they wouldn’t and couldn’t give. They were the sacrifice which He wanted to have mercy on but they wouldn’t or couldn’t hear so the stones were over thrown and the pressing out of mercy begun. mercy He will have but not through them but ON them.

Romans 11:30-33
[30] For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: [31] Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. [32] For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. [33] O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

The point was: read in the flesh and man says God says we are to beat a child with a rod. But it is Spiritual. If we beat a child with a rod he (the child) may indeed die. God’s beating with a rod is good. Man’s rod becomes a serpent. God’s rod delivers from Hell. Proverbs 23:13-14 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. [14] Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Same as our fathers after the flesh discipline is way different than God’s chastisement which is for our good. You may say that is a Son. But if God takes the rod to them, isn’t it to save them from Hell? That is all I am saying, Stranger. All the destroying (blood to the bridle) then after ...the ruling with a rod of iron...

you say(if I understand you correctly) is to present a slow destruction of all the bad people that are enemies. If that is our future...the one we look toward to with hope? Looking to a rod to beat our enemies to death with when He rules? God is not some seeker of punishment (Satan serves that purpose), but God is for the good of another.

2 Peter 3:9
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If He is willing...please don’t think it strange if I see that by the word, it could be possible. Thank you for taking the time to reply even though you may see it differently.

I want to stay with (Is. 63:1-6). For Christ to tread the winepress alone does not speak to Him having mercy and not sacrifice. Sacrifice at this point does not even enter the picture. He is very clear in (Is. 63:4), "For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come." You cannot make 'vengeance' anything else than 'vengeance'.

Now, go back a couple of chapters in (Isaiah) to (Is. 61:1-2). This is also a Messianic passage. "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;....To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God;..."

Jesus Christ Himself chose this passage to launch His public ministry to Israel. (Luke 4:16-19). But He didn't quote all of it. When He said "To preach the acceptable year of the Lord", He stopped. He didn't say "and the day of vengeance of our God". Because that was not the purpose of His first coming. But His Second coming is far different. It is the day of vengeance. It is when He destroys the wicked throughout the earth as described in (Is. 63:1-6)

So, you see, Jesus Christ makes a big difference in His First and Second Comings.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to stay with (Is. 63:1-6). For Christ to tread the winepress alone does not speak to Him having mercy and not sacrifice. Sacrifice at this point does not even enter the picture. He is very clear in (Is. 63:4), "For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come." You cannot make 'vengeance' anything else than 'vengeance'.

Now, go back a couple of chapters in (Isaiah) to (Is. 61:1-2). This is also a Messianic passage. "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;....To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God;..."

Jesus Christ Himself chose this passage to launch His public ministry to Israel. (Luke 4:16-19). But He didn't quote all of it. When He said "To preach the acceptable year of the Lord", He stopped. He didn't say "and the day of vengeance of our God". Because that was not the purpose of His first coming. But His Second coming is far different. It is the day of vengeance. It is when He destroys the wicked throughout the earth as described in (Is. 63:1-6)

So, you see, Jesus Christ makes a big difference in His First and Second Comings.

Stranger

Luke 4:18-21
[18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, [19] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. [20] And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. [21] And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

And He did preach the acceptable year of the Lord. What year is that? Could it be “the year of my redeemed is come.” That was fulfilled in their ears.

Isaiah 63:4-5
[4] For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. [5] And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

Isaiah 61:1-2
[1] The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord , and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

If we say nothing has been fulfilled after He shut the book and handed it back to them. “...to comfort all that mourn;” ...has that been fulfilled in our ears? Had the comforter been sent unto His redeemed before He handed the book back to them and said “This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because that was not the purpose of His first coming. But His Second coming is far different. It is the day of vengeance.

What is vengeance?

Psalm 69:21-28
[21] They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink. [22] Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. [23] Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake. [24] Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them. [25] Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents. [26] For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded. [27] Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. [28] Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

They were about to crucify Him and give Him vinegar to drink. Their table became a snare. A trap. Their eyes were Darkened and their names blotted out of the book of the living. Is that vengeance?

Romans 11:9-15
[9] And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: [10] Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. [11] I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. [12] Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? [13] For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: [14] If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. [15] For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be , but life from the dead?

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 4:18-21
[18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, [19] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. [20] And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. [21] And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

And He did preach the acceptable year of the Lord. What year is that? Could it be “the year of my redeemed is come.” That was fulfilled in their ears.

Isaiah 63:4-5
[4] For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. [5] And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

Isaiah 61:1-2
[1] The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord , and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

If we say nothing has been fulfilled after He shut the book and handed it back to them. “...to comfort all that mourn;” ...has that been fulfilled in our ears? Had the comforter been sent unto His redeemed before He handed the book back to them and said “This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”

Why did Jesus stop in the middle of a verse?...in the middle of a sentence?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is vengeance?

Psalm 69:21-28
[21] They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink. [22] Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. [23] Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake. [24] Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them. [25] Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents. [26] For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded. [27] Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. [28] Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

They were about to crucify Him and give Him vinegar to drink. Their table became a snare. A trap. Their eyes were Darkened and their names blotted out of the book of the living. Is that vengeance?

Romans 11:9-15
[9] And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: [10] Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. [11] I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. [12] Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? [13] For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: [14] If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. [15] For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be , but life from the dead?

What is vengeance? That is akin to Pilate asking, 'What is truth'?

You know what vengeance is. I know what vengeance is. So does everyone else. You are going to great lengths to redefine a word you dislike associated with God and Christ. Funny, the world despises this word concerning our God also. They mock Christians who worship the God of vengeance.

You want to know what vengeance is? Reread (Is. 63:1-6)

Stranger

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 3:13-18
[13] Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. [14] But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. [15] This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. [16] For where envying and strife is , there is confusion and every evil work. [17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Matthew 5:9
[9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Galations 6:8-9" For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

Judge the fruit of our tree. This is the key in understanding what we are sowing...
Matthew 7:17-20," Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

In peace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galations 6:8-9" For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

Judge the fruit of our tree. This is the key in understanding what we are sowing...
Matthew 7:17-20," Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

In peace
Matthew 5:38-48 KJV
[38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: [39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [40] And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. [41] And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. [42] Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. [43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? [47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others ? do not even the publicans so? [48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Tecarta Bible PremiumChildren definitely model the image of their Father.

Reactions: LoveBeacon

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:38-48 KJV
[38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: [39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [40] And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. [41] And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. [42] Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. [43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? [47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others ? do not even the publicans so? [48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Tecarta Bible PremiumChildren definitely model the image of their Father.
So all you see in this world is [ MY DADDYS GONNA WOOOP YOU]
Hopefully so!!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In peace

Psalm 37:11
[11] But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Matthew 11:29
[29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe the place of confusion is keeping our eyes focused on Jerusalem when Hebrews 12:19-25 Tells us clearly it is the Jerusalem which is above and the mother of us all that is the focus: “And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: [20] (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: [21] And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake[22] But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, [24] And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. [25] See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape , if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:”

“But you are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem...”

1) mount Sion.
2) the city of the living God
3) the heavenly Jerusalem

Luke 6:46-49
[46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

What are His sayings? Love. Love of God the Father and love of neighbour. “Why do you call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could God say to resist the devil and the devil will flee? Yet also say in Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

James 4:6
[6] But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

James 4:7-10
[7] Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. [8] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. [9] Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. [10] Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Submit to the humiliation for God’s sake and be humbled AND then pride will flee. God resists the proud...He gives grace to the humble. So in this we willingly submit under God’s hand in removal of pride. 1 Peter 5:6-10 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: [7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. [10] But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you .

Knowing the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that in the world. “Accomplished” a mighty word. knowing the same afflictions have humbled your brethren....“But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you .”

James 5:6
[6] Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
...but has rather submitted under the mighty hand of God for the removing of pride.

Reactions: Waiting on him