Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those who believe can go to heaven. This is the teaching of the Bible.
Does that align with the requirements in Matthew 25:34-36 ?

Matthew 25:34-36 NET
Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father,
inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me,
I was in prison and you visited me.’

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God cruelly killed many babies in the Old Testament.
Not really a good look for Him.

What is wrong with us to not see a problem with such statements?

Would it be wrong for us to cruelly kill babies? (abortion?)

Should we protest abortion on demand when we claim that our own God is a baby killer?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to analyze Jesus' teachings to learn the truth that a Christian is supposed to believe.

Jesus said to his followers:

Luke 14:13 "(...) when you spread a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind; 14 and you will be happy, because they have nothing with which to repay you. For you will be repaid in the resurrection of the righteous ones.”

If he says that the reward for good works will be given to people who have died after they have been resurrected, that means that no good person goes to heaven when they die. An angel told something similar to Daniel:

Dan. 12:13 “But as for you, go on to the end. You will rest, but you will stand up for your lot at the end of the days.”

Reactions: St. SteVen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re kind of grouchy today. You need a cup of coffee. That’ll fix ya.
Responding to impotent and empty-headed posts always makes me a little grouchy.

We'll talk after you've done your homework.. .

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Responding to impotent and empty-headed posts always makes me a little grouchy.

We'll talk after you've done your homework.. .
You are not just any Catholic.

You are a Roman Catholic.

A friend of mine is in Rome right now. I need to tell him to put in a good word for the pope from you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 Peter 3:20-21, God there is saying "eight souls, were saved by water that is the water of the flood "in like manner" saved them, And NOT "water baptism!"

To God Be The Glory
And baptism, which this prefigured, now saves you

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 might seem silly to you BECAUSE you are unlearned in the spiritual things of God. In fact, the word "baptism" means to "wash." And, you can wash yourself with water all day long and it will NEVER bring you closer to salvation!!!

The "Baptism" that God describes that washes away sins is circumscribe in Titus 3:5!!!

To God Be The Glory.
Yup, one can wash with water all day long and it will NEVER bring us closer to salvation.....:vgood:

But as scripture makes clear, in a one-time event one who believes AND is baptized with water will have their sins washed away AND be saved (Acts 22:16, Mark 16:16).

Speaking the Truth brings Glory to God

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, one can wash with water all day long and it will NEVER bring us closer to salvation.....:vgood:

But as scripture makes clear, in a one-time event one who believes AND is baptized with water will have their sins washed away AND be saved (Acts 22:16, Mark 16:16).

Speaking the Truth brings Glory to God
The Bible speaks of two Baptisms, "water" and "Spirit" baptisms.

You do know that a person can also drown in water (as in a flood), yes?

There is only one baptism that saves (Ephesians 4:5; Titus 3:5) and you have indicated "water" above in (Mark 16:16). I suggest you read this passage very, very carefully because nowhere is "water" mentioned! It is only a sign.!!!

"Speaking the Truth brings glory to God" and you are correct, of course.

Let's see how well do you know your Scripture since you brought up Mark 16:16. There are five signs that are written in Mark 16:17-18, can you expound on each sign after they believed?

P.S. What happens to children and adults alike, who are incapacitated and do not have the ability to understand because of illness or other? Are they lost? What kind of a salvation program is that?

In fact, it is possible for them to become saved BECAUSE salvation is of God.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is only one baptism that saves (Ephesians 4:5; Titus 3:5) and you have indicated "water" above in (Mark 16:16). I suggest you read this passage very, very carefully because nowhere is "water" mentioned! It is only a sign.!!!

Let's see how well do you know your Scripture since you brought up Mark 16:16. There are five signs that are written in Mark 16:17-18, can you expound on each sign after they believed?

P.S. What happens to children and adults alike, who are incapacitated and do not have the ability to understand because of illness or other? Are they lost? What kind of a salvation program is that?

To God Be The Glory
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Do you subscribe to this?

Reactions: Marymog

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I unsubscribed. - LOL
If you break it down, I'm not sure that Acts 2:38 even makes sense.

1) Repent
Is this done in a moment of time and is then finished? Nope.

2) Be baptized
How exactly? Water baptism, or the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?

3) In the name of Jesus Christ
A task for the baptism facilitator, I suppose?
(and none of this Trinity stuff that Jesus commanded!)

4) For the remission of your sin
I thought Christ took care of that on the cross,
Why is my act paying for my own sin? I don't get it.

5) And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
How did I repent without the help of the Holy Spirit?
I don't get it until now?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
Hello JunChosen,

Yup, you are right. There are two baptisms. And you are right that the word water is not mentioned at all in Mark 16:16 when referring to baptism. What happens in Mark 1 JunChosen? In Mark 1, when Jesus was baptized with water, the Holy Spirit descended upon Him. But you have been taught that when we are baptized with water the Holy Spirit does not descend upon us!!! Is it possible that Jesus was setting the example of what happens to us when we are water baptized? Jesus was baptized with water and the Holy Ghost descended upon him. Your men have taught that the baptism mentioned in Mark 16 DOES NOT refer back to the baptism, with water, in Mark 1.

Peter taught water baptism! In 1 Peter 3 he equates baptism with water and it being salvific. In Acts 2 he said be baptized and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. He said that AFTER the crowd said they believed in Jesus. So they believed, he then told them to repent AND be baptized and they will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Peter DID NOT say believe, repent and you will automatically receive the Holy Spirit. He said after you believe, repent and be BAPTIZED and you will receive the Holy Spirit. Even though Jesus said that no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit your men have taught you that water (baptism) and Spirit do not equate.

In Acts 19 it STRONGLY suggests they were baptized in water AND it says they received the Holy Spirit when Paul laid his hands upon them. How is that possible JunChosen? I mean if we can't receive the Holy Spirit via water, how can a man's hands do that?????? But you are (mis)using Paul's words in Ephesians 4:5 to suggest that water baptism DOESN'T do anything???

Paul wrote Titus and vs 3:5 says washing (which is what baptism with water is) of rebirth (born again, John 3:5) and renewal by the Holy Spirit. But your men have taught you that "washing" doesn't mean with water??? And Paul in previously mentioned Acts 19 equated water baptism being necessary. And Paul was water baptized and said he water baptized. But water baptism means NOTHING and doesn't bring the Holy Spirit??????? You have clearly misused Paul's words..........

The earliest historical Christian writings we have from almost 2,000 years ago equate water baptism with receiving of the Holy Spirit. But your 500-year-old men have taught you that in Mark 16, when the word baptism is written, it does not mean with water since the word water was not used? Fascinating.....

Scripture says that water baptism saves you. 1 Peter 3 equates baptism to water and it being salvific. When you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, whether thru water or laying on of hands, (as Paul did) you are saved. One doesn't cancel out the other.

Incapacitated persons who do not have the ability to understand because of illness or other problems are saved via grace.

Speaking the Truth brings glory to God....Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you break it down, I'm not sure that Acts 2:38 even makes sense.

1) Repent
Is this done in a moment of time and is then finished? Nope.

2) Be baptized
How exactly? Water baptism, or the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?

3) In the name of Jesus Christ
A task for the baptism facilitator, I suppose?
(and none of this Trinity stuff that Jesus commanded!)

4) For the remission of your sin
I thought Christ took care of that on the cross,
Why is my act paying for my own sin? I don't get it.

5) And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
How did I repent without the help of the Holy Spirit?
I don't get it until now?
1) Repent comes from the Greek word “metanoeo” which means a change of mind.
2)
For 2,000 years Christianity has taught that baptism is with water. For less than 500 years Protestant men teach otherwise.
3) Yes, a task for the facilitator as instructed by Jesus in Matthew 28:19 and has been practiced for 2,000 years according to historical Christian documents.
4) I agree, you don't get it. Lack of faith can do that.
5) Romans 10:17 comes to mind.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

It definitely doesn't say this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you BY THE HOLY GHOST in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That looks silly.
You are right Truther. It definitely doesn't say that. But Jesus said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Should we do what He told us to do?

You do realize
that the Jews Peter was talking to didn't think it was silly. It made sense to them. For you see they were probably baptized under John the Baptist and NOT in the name of Jesus. Think of Acts 19 (With what then were you baptized? And they said, With John’s baptism) and how those Jews were baptized, but not baptized in the name of Jesus.

When those Jews did get baptized in the name of Jesus, they baptized them in the way Jesus TOLD them to do it in Matthew 28:19!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure has! Acts 2:38 is a principle, that is if anyone has to be saved he must be baptized in Jesus' name! Is this water baptism? Most certainly NOT!!! Here is the hint....

Ephesians 1:1-6 and Titus 3:5.

Ever hear of it? Lol

I urge you to go back to the drawing board and restudy your Bible!!!

To God Be The Glory
What man taught you this non-sense?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your focus is too small, missing the forest for the trees, even effectively denying that Jesus Christ the Savior of the world had anything to do with Abraham's salvation, giving Abraham all the credit for his own salvation and giving no credit to Jesus.

Do you not see the error in that?

Apparently not.
Huh?

How did Jesus save Abraham if Jesus had yet to be born? I don't get your theory....

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Do you subscribe to this?
Most definitely and you would too if you truly understand what is stipulated in verses 38-41.

To God Be The Glory