Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are right Truther. It definitely doesn't say that. But Jesus said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Should we do what He told us to do?

You do realize
that the Jews Peter was talking to didn't think it was silly. It made sense to them. For you see they were probably baptized under John the Baptist and NOT in the name of Jesus. Think of Acts 19 (With what then were you baptized? And they said, With John’s baptism) and how those Jews were baptized, but not baptized in the name of Jesus.

When those Jews did get baptized in the name of Jesus, they baptized them in the way Jesus TOLD them to do it in Matthew 28:19!!

Water has no magical power to wash away sin.

So, you can be baptized in Jesus Name or in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.. (or both).
Its all symbolic, and related to the fact that the person is born again, already.
The water follows salvation, it does not cause it.

Getting water baptized is like getting a UNIFORM< after you join the Army.
The uniform can be purchased by anyone, but its only to those who have JOINED the ARMY, that the uniform has significance.

This is water baptism, its only the uniform.......but its the Salvation, that is JOINING God and Christ as born again... that is essential.

Imagine the surprise of people who are water baptized and went to Hell today, instantly, after they died.
I wonder how they feel about The Pope right now....

They all were taught by a water cult that that city water supply "washed away your sin".

But Jesus on the Cross, says.... "im the way to the Father".."my BLOOD is the New Testament, the New COVENANT..... "not water".

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right Truther. It definitely doesn't say that. But Jesus said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Should we do what He told us to do?

You do realize
that the Jews Peter was talking to didn't think it was silly. It made sense to them. For you see they were probably baptized under John the Baptist and NOT in the name of Jesus. Think of Acts 19 (With what then were you baptized? And they said, With John’s baptism) and how those Jews were baptized, but not baptized in the name of Jesus.

When those Jews did get baptized in the name of Jesus, they baptized them in the way Jesus TOLD them to do it in Matthew 28:19!!
I can explain it here with my video if you got a few minutes...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most definitely and you would too if you truly understand what is stipulated in verses 38-41.

To God Be The Glory
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
BUT DID YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'VE JUST READ???

I DOUBT IT!

To God Be The Glory

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT DID YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'VE JUST READ???

I DOUBT IT!

To God Be The Glory
Yes, that 3000 souls were baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins and thus were added.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all babies that die to to Heaven, although I don't know that I can back that belief with scripture.

Might be argued that it would be better for all people if they all died as babies so that they would all go to Heaven rather than growing into adulthood and risking being condemned to Hell?
I think that the idea that all babies go to heaven is based mostly in a moral objection to the idea of babies going to hell.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the idea that all babies go to heaven is based mostly in a moral objection to the idea of babies going to hell.
Is God moral?
Or does he kill babies by the book?

I'm trying to imagine the judgement of an infant.

Parody time:
"Do you remember depriving your parents of sleep for weeks on end?"
Response: "Goo goo, gah gah."
"For the record, was that a 'Yes', or a 'No'?
Response: "Dah dah dah."
"So, you're blaming your father?"
Response: "Thhatttttz." (tongue noise)

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to imagine the judgement of an infant.

Parody time:
"Do you remember depriving your parents of sleep for weeks on end?"
Response: "Goo goo, gah gah."
"For the record, was that a 'Yes', or a 'No'?
Response: "Dah dah dah."
"So, you're blaming your father?"
Response: "Thhatttttz." (tongue noise)
Chkl:
Is God moral?

Or does he kill babies by the book?
The Book (as I read it) has 4 judgments/rewards for the departed:

1) For Martyrs - a physical resurrection followed by an eternity with God in the hereafter
2) For Abraham's children (including those adopted in Christ) - an eternity with God in the hereafter
3) For those-outside-the-fold who were not evil - annihilation
4) For the Wicked - eternal punishment

Babies would fall into the 3rd category.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Annihilation for babies.
For most people, probably. "Broad is the way that leads to..."
Are you familiar with Christian Universalism?
Sometimes known as UR. (Ultimate Redemption, Universal Restoration, Universal Reconciliation)
Kinda? I know the basic idea behind it, but I wouldn't say I've spent much time thinking about it or discussing it.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda? I know the basic idea behind it, but I wouldn't say I've spent much time thinking about it or discussing it.
I take the UR stance, As does the thread starter, who is no longer with us here.
Should you want to discuss it, I am available. Here are some previous threads to review and respond to if you like.
See if one of these titles catches your attention.

Open Discussion of UR Chapter Three - God's character
Probably one of the most important aspects of Ultimate Redemption (UR) is God's character. cc: @GRACE ambassador --- but, all are invited to join the discussion. Ultimate Redemption focuses on the mercy of God in judgement. God's ultimate ministry of reconciliation. The restoration of all...

Open Discussion of UR Chapter Two
Welcome: This discussion was started in the topic titled: Open Discussion of UR Chapter One With a little help from the precious (honest, courteous, and kind) friend there, who drove Chapter One, he loaded my vehicle with these Scriptures to continue with here: "For He shall have judgment...

Open discussion about UR - Chapter One
This discussion was started in the topic titled: What is the affect on The Fall and The Atonement, if Adam was not the first human? I was answring some questions for @GRACE ambassador We decided to move the discussion to our own thread. This is where the discussion ended. GRACE Ambassador had...

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take the UR stance, As does the thread starter, who is no longer with us here.
Should you want to discuss it, I am available. Here are some previous threads to review and respond to if you like.
See if one of these titles catches your attention.

Open Discussion of UR Chapter Three - God's character
Probably one of the most important aspects of Ultimate Redemption (UR) is God's character. cc: @GRACE ambassador --- but, all are invited to join the discussion. Ultimate Redemption focuses on the mercy of God in judgement. God's ultimate ministry of reconciliation. The restoration of all...

Open Discussion of UR Chapter Two
Welcome: This discussion was started in the topic titled: Open Discussion of UR Chapter One With a little help from the precious (honest, courteous, and kind) friend there, who drove Chapter One, he loaded my vehicle with these Scriptures to continue with here: "For He shall have judgment...

Open discussion about UR - Chapter One
This discussion was started in the topic titled: What is the affect on The Fall and The Atonement, if Adam was not the first human? I was answring some questions for @GRACE ambassador We decided to move the discussion to our own thread. This is where the discussion ended. GRACE Ambassador had...
I'm open to talking about it, but I'm pretty happy with my current view. While it's irregular, it doesn't make God into a devil, and it doesn't require me to explain away some bits of Scripture in favor of others.

I guess I don't know where to start. Should I critique your view? Give my own? I don't really have a question to start from, but this has been a pleasant conversation, and I'd be happy to speak with you on other topics.

-Jarrod

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chkl:

The Book (as I read it) has 4 judgments/rewards for the departed:

1) For Martyrs - a physical resurrection followed by an eternity with God in the hereafter
2) For Abraham's children (including those adopted in Christ) - an eternity with God in the hereafter
3) For those-outside-the-fold who were not evil - annihilation
4) For the Wicked - eternal punishment

Babies would fall into the 3rd category.
Only Democrats believe in annihilating the babies

• Wow
Reactions: Wick Stick

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm open to talking about it, but I'm pretty happy with my current view. While it's irregular, it doesn't make God into a devil, and it doesn't require me to explain away some bits of Scripture in favor of others.

I guess I don't know where to start. Should I critique your view? Give my own? I don't really have a question to start from, but this has been a pleasant conversation, and I'd be happy to speak with you on other topics.

-Jarrod
Here's a question to consider. No response required until you want to.

Question: Did Jesus die to save us from God?

Reactions: Wick Stick

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a question to consider. No response required until you want to.

Question: Did Jesus die to save us from God?
No. Anselm was wrong. The satisfaction theory is a late-comer - part of Church Tradition, as I defined it in that other topic. ;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you can be baptized in Jesus Name or in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.. (or both).
Hey Behold,

Jesus (Scripture) says baptize all in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!!!

Behold says one can be baptized in Jesus Name OR in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Which one should I follow.....:contemplate:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water has no magical power to wash away sin.

Its all symbolic, and related to the fact that the person is born again, already.
The water follows salvation, it does not cause it.
Hello Behold,

Jesus told Nicodemus that one cannot enter the kingdom of God unless they are born again. Jesus then said that one is born again thru water and Spirit. But it seems you are suggesting that a person is born again BEFORE water and Spirit. For 2,000 years of Christianity water and Spirit has meant water baptism.

Does that mean you believe that being born of water and Spirit is not a water baptism????

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all were taught by a water cult that that city water supply "washed away your sin".
Yup, all of us in the "water cult" were taught that water washes away your sin. Luke, the leader of our cult, was the first one to teach it in Acts 22:16. We agree with Luke.

Who is it that you agree with that teaches opposite of that? Ellen G. White?:running:Run far away from her if it is her....

Curious Mary