• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might come to this knowledge of the Truth one day.
Some who are deceived, do find their way back to the Light.
But what does it matter? Did you forget that I'm saved even if I don't come back to the light (as if I'm not now in the light)?
Oh, that's right. Only unbelievers who don't agree that unbelievers are also saved are not saved.
Your theology is a complete and utter joke.

And you're certainly entitled to think and believe whatever you want. But the problem is your theology has filled our churches with unsaved, unconverted, unchanged, not born again, ungodly people who think they are saved and converted and born again and ready to meet Jesus when he comes back. You people have RUINED the church.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again proves that God believes they Believed.
Otherwise He would not have made them His Son/Daughter.
He would not have forgiven their sin, or given them the New Birth.

If you dont have all that, then you have not believed.... Thats the proof.
The Proof is in the POSSESSING...."the Gift of Salvation".
You have it, or you dont.
If you dont then Jesus does not KNOW YOU< and you will DEPART to HELL like a bullet, after you stop breathing.
Thousands already have, today. Many were water baptized and very religious and could cut and paste verses on a forum.

They were not born again.

"you must be born again".
So how does a person know they are born again? Because they think so?
According to you, believing doesn't show that. Living in obedience doesn't show that.
So, what shows you are born again? Obviously, there is nothing in your theology that shows you are born again! It's a complete and utter joke!
You need to learn what the Bible says about how to know for sure you are called and elected and ready to meet Christ when he returns. Stop building with straw! Raise up living stones in the temple of God so you will realize a reward for your labor in the building of God! As it is now you got nothing!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You confess your sin for 2 reasons.

1.) is that you dont understand the Jesus became your sin, so what you can't understand, you don't believe

2.) 1 John 1:9 that is talking to unbelievers, you BELIEVE is talking to you. And that is because if you ever read 1 John 3:9, that is talking to the born again, you won't understand it, so, you can't believe it.
Nooo...I said I confess my sin because it interferes with my fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

Because I'm a believing person (not an unbelieving person) my sins are instantly forgiven in regard to salvation by the blood of Christ continually interceding for me on the altar in heaven.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader,

When we read the TOPIC of this THREAD, we read........the question..

"Do you have GOD's Righteousness".

And as you read page after page of this Thread, you find those who talk about their works and holding onto this, and trying not to do that....

Result? They dont understand "GOD's Righteousness" and that is why they only talk about themselves., page after page., post after post...and will continue to do the same... .as t
hat is what "broken faith", does.
That is what a deceived person, "sounds like".

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

When we read the TOPIC of this THREAD, we read........the question..

"Do you have GOD's Righteousness".

And as you read page after page of this Thread, you find those who talk about their works and holding onto this, and trying not to do that....

Result? They dont understand "GOD's Righteousness" and that is why they only talk about themselves., page after page., post after post...and will continue to do the same... .as t
hat is what "broken faith", does.
That is what a deceived person, "sounds like".
The I guess Paul doesn't understand "God's Righteousness", lol:

"fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience" 1 Timothy 1:18-19

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i only want to talk about the Cross,.... 1 Corinthians 2:2.... so that real believers might focus on SALVATiON, correctly.
When you tell people neither the presence of their faith, nor the lack of it, nor their behavior has any bearing on whether or not they are saved you are teaching salvation INcorrectly. You are not teaching the cross. The crucified life is how you know if you are born again in salvation and ready to meet Jesus when he comes back. You do not teach that because you erroneously think that's a works gospel. The crucified life is the sign that you are at the cross in salvation. That's not a works gospel.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to subscribe to OSAS to see how justification (being made righteous) is a gift of God's mercy and grace received through faith in that grace and mercy. Your righteous works after having received God's righteousness show you to have received that free gift, they don't make you receive God's righteousness. Your good works justify you as being one who has received God's righteousness by faith.
I'd say our discussion comes down to one detail: If we don't do it, then we lose it.

Doing the righteousness does not make us receive it, but keeps us having it. Only so long as we are doing anything, do we have it within.

The moment we refuse to do it, then we no longer have it, because we have rejected it inwardly.

Also, God does not 'make' any man to receive His righteousness.

That is verbal error on your part.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so is it refreshing to come to a meeting of minds around here, which also results in a building up of truth around here.

No, I'm not saying justification by works in James 2 has nothing to do with being saved by faith in Ephesians 2. They are intrinsically connected. You can't separate the two the way this new OSAS teaching in the church says you can.
I.e. being saved by Christ cannot be separated from being justified by Christ, and so faith that is separated from works is dead man's faith only, not God's.

All of OSAS is about one thing and one thing only: to separate Romans 4 from James 2. They are simply sinners naming the name of Christ, who say their sinful works of the flesh can never deny them their salvation by Christ.

Now that is a good quote.

Anybody who thinks the faith that makes a person righteous all by itself apart from works can remain alone does not have the imputation of God's righteousness that they think they have. Being made righteous through faith in God's forgiveness has consequences. Even Paul said the faith that justifies apart from works is the faith that manifests itself in the obedience to love (Galatians 5:6).
And that is the jest of it all. OSAS teaches what we think matters most. It teaches salvation by still believing we are saved only, not by how we are living. So long as we still believe it, we are.

It truly is the false promise of the serpent to Adam and Eve, that they will be as spiritually mortal gods so long as they believing it, and so they will be able to decide for themselves what is good or evil, and has nothing to do with some law of commandment by the true God only.

They show this by declaring the law of Christ dead, and Scripture on paper does not matter, but what they think and believes matter most.

It's anthropomorphic paganism 101. They are as gods of Olympus, so that even when they do evil, which they never really admit to, they are still the gods of Olympus forever.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, God does not 'make' any man to receive His righteousness.

That is verbal error on your part.
I'm referring to the imputation of God's righteousness to a person.
You become legally righteous when God does that.
Faith in God all by itself causes that to happen.
And that is a faith that will then be evidenced by the righteous work it produces.
If it doesn't produce any works of righteous obedience then it is showing itself to have not solicited the imputation of God's righteousness. In other words, it was not genuine faith.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And that is a faith that will then be evidenced by the righteous work it produces.
If it doesn't produce any works of righteous obedience then it is showing itself to have not solicited the imputation of God's righteousness. In other words, it was not genuine faith.
@Ferris Bueller It's justification.....Romans 5.1............

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, and those righteous works are done by us immediately upon receiving Christ within the heart and mind first, to keep our heart pure of lust by continually cleansing our mind of all tempting thoughts for sin and unrighteousness from the devil.

God by grace purifies us thoroughly with forgiveness of all past sins, and we keep ourselves purify by grace through spiritually righteous works within.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

The carnal minded natural man only sees works done bodily, and so is blind to the spiritual warfare we fight within for Jesus' sake, which is where the war is first won:

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

It's called minding the things of the Spirit within the soul first, and not trying to fight the devil by willpower over the body alone.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, grace through faith, not works.

"8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8

do you have to choose (volition) to believe and to remain until death in a state of believing?

when we’re you saved?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you have to choose (volition) to believe and to remain until death in a state of believing?
Yes.

Some believe that all true believers can't stop believing. Some believe true believers can stop believing. But either way, a person must be a believer on the day they die in order to pass safely through the coming Judgment of fire.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when we’re you saved?
I was saved the moment I received God's righteousness by putting my trust in God's promise of the Son who would inherit the blessing on my behalf even though He die. Just like Abraham:

"23Now the words “it was credited to him” were written not only for Abraham, 24but also for us, to whom righteousness will be credited—for us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead." Romans 4:23-24

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Some believe that all true believers can't stop believing. Some believe true believers can stop believing. But either way, a person must be a believer on the day they die in order to pass safely through the coming Judgment of fire.

that makes faith a work!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was saved the moment I received God's righteousness by putting my trust in God's promise of the Son who would inherit the blessing on my behalf even though He die. Just like Abraham:

"23Now the words “it was credited to him” were written not only for Abraham, 24but also for us, to whom righteousness will be credited—for us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead." Romans 4:23-24

that’s a great contradiction!

you quoted eph 2:8

"8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8

this says it was over 2000 years ago, and it was not you’re faith???