• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you presume that Myself and the other members of this forum need to hear...about their """"unrighteous, ungodly, wicked lives"""
Yes, so you unchanged, unconverted, ungodly, not born again people who think you are born again can get saved for real and be set free from your unchanged, unconverted, ungodly lives. And, thus, made ready to meet Jesus when he comes back. And, so I'll get a reward for my labor in the field and building of God. Because there is no reward waiting for the worker in the field and building of God who builds the living temple of God with people who are really nothing more than fake fruitless tares, not wheat, and who are nothing more than hay, wood, and stubble that will be burned up in the coming judgment.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are you to be their Judge, ??????
Ah, yes. The favorite argument of the unsaved. I always know what spirit I'm dealing with when a person plays the 'who are you to judge' card, lol.

If you knew the scriptures not only would you know that we can discern the saved person from the unsaved person, but that we should!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you insist that James is saying a man is MADE righteous by faith with works then you put him in direct contradiction to Paul who says you are MADE righteous by faith without works - "unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works" (Romans 4:6). The Catholics attempted to resolve this apparent contradiction by saying Paul meant without works of the law, not good deeds done in faith, and that Paul is really saying a man is made righteous by faith with good deeds done in faith without works of the law. And so that resolves the contradiction between James and Paul. But if that's true, that a person is MADE righteous by doing good deeds in faith, how does doing those good deeds in faith MAKE you a righteous, born again, new creation in Christ? They don't, of course.

The apparent contradiction between James and Paul is easily defused when one realizes that 'justified' has two distinct definitions. It means 1) to be made righteous, and 2) to be shown to be righteous. Faith all by itself makes one righteous. That's Paul's argument. Works show that you have that righteousness. That's James' argument.

In no way is either one of them saying works of any kind MAKE you a born again, transformed, new creation in Christ. God's mercy received through faith does that ALL BY ITSELF. God did this in order that justification/salvation would be a gift, not a reward earned for righteous work completed. I mean, what righteous work can do that anyway? What work MAKES a person born again? None, of course. Only having your unrighteousness forgiven and replaced with God's righteousness can do that. That is the very thing that makes justification/salvation the gracious gift that it is.

"13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. " Luke 18:13-14
No, I have accepted your good correction, and I no more try to make difference between being imputed righteousness with forgiveness of all past sinning, and thus being at once made righteous with purified hearts from lust, and cleanse consciences from sins of the past.

However, being justified in that righteousness is never without works of faith, which begins immediately within our souls, to guard our hearts from lust, and continually cleansing our minds from tempting thoughts, so that our consciences remain free and clean in fellowship with Jesus.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

So, are you trying to make difference between justification by works in James 2, as being separated and having nothing to do with being saved by faith in Ephesians 2?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I have accepted your good correction, and I no more try to make difference between being imputed righteousness with forgiveness of all past sinning, and thus being at once made righteous with purified hearts from lust, and cleanse consciences from sins of the past.
Okay. I wasn't sure. I appreciate your openness and flexibility on the matter. It's refreshing around here. :vgood:

However, being justified in that righteousness is never without works of faith, which begins immediately within our souls, to guard our hearts from lust, and continually cleansing our minds from tempting thoughts, so that our consciences remain free and clean in fellowship with Jesus.
That's the way I see it.
Anybody who thinks the faith that makes a person righteous all by itself apart from works can remain alone does not have the imputation of God's righteousness that they think they have. Being made righteous through faith in God's forgiveness has consequences. Even Paul said the faith that justifies apart from works is the faith that manifests itself in the obedience to love (Galatians 5:6).

So, are you trying to make difference between justification by works in James 2, as being separated and having nothing to do with being saved by faith in Ephesians 2?
No, I'm not saying justification by works in James 2 has nothing to do with being saved by faith in Ephesians 2. They are intrinsically connected. You can't separate the two the way this new OSAS teaching in the church says you can.

The faith that makes a person righteous all by itself apart from works is the faith that will then lead them into works of righteousness. If it doesn't they don't have the faith that justifies all by itself that they think they do. If a person can't confirm their calling and election by having the works that accompany salvation then they don't have the calling and election they think they have. It's that simple. The author of Hebrews knew the Hebrews he was writing to were saved, not because they claimed to be saved, but because they had the works of love that accompany salvation:

"8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless, and its curse is imminent. In the end it will be burned.9Even though we speak like this, beloved, we are convinced of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation. 10For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so.11We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure." Hebrews 6:8-11

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
-
Righteousness is not something you can do.
Righteousness is something you exist AS, or you dont.

Adam WAS Righteous, that was his status,.... and he lost that and became a sinner, fallen.

Holiness, is Righteousness, and that is not what you do, that is who you are, are you aren't.
All people are unrighteous, until they are born again.
God only is : Righteousness.

To become righteous, is to become apart from sin.
We can think of it as......... Darkness is the absence of Light. Cold is the absence of Heat. Sin is the absence of Righteousness.. A sinner is the absence of God's Righteousness., and "all have sinned"...

To be apart from God, is to be separated from God's righteousness.
When we get this back, its because God has dealt with all our sin on the Cross, ....so that solves the SIN issue, and then God gives us the "gift of Righteousness" which solves our Righteousness problem. This is "the GIFT of SALVATION".

A Christian, begins day one, born again, = having become the "Righteousness of God'.... "made Righteous".
We never become more Righteous, but we learn how to live in that, so that we produce the spiritual fruit that God's Righteousness produces as our Discipleship.
This is your born again Spirit, that is "made righteous", and that is the REAL YOU. That is the SON/Daughter of GOD.
Not your body and not your mind.

Most Christians do not understand "righteousness" and they are like the Messiah rejecting Jews who are trying to establish their own righteousness.
Reader.....
Can anything be more INSANE than someone trying to establish their OWN Righteousness.?
Yet many are chasing commandments, law, and works, to try to prove to God...."Hey God, look at ALL my RIGHTEOUSNESS".

And God says...."that is filth", that is "dung"...... that is NOT MY Righteousness, that is your Self Righteousness = "Depart from me i never Knew YOU".

Where is Righteousness found?

A.) IN CHRIST.

And all the born again are "In Christ", having become "ONE WITH GOD"....as a "new Creation IN Christ".

This is why the verse says.....>"AS JESUS IS.......so are the born again....IN THIS WORLD"....

And HOW is Jesus? = He is RIGHTEOUSNESS......and so is the born again Spirit in every born again BELIEVER.
Do you?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, I confess my sin .

You confess your sin for 2 reasons.

1.) is that you dont understand the Jesus became your sin, so what you can't understand, you don't believe

2.) 1 John 1:9 that is talking to unbelievers, you BELIEVE is talking to you. And that is because if you ever read 1 John 3:9, that is talking to the born again, you won't understand it, so, you can't believe it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When you bring up these stupid doctrines

THat would be your "stupid" interpretation", as i never say , have never said, that "sin does not matter'.
Your lying words are the words of a TROLL, YOU.... who has nothing better to do, here.

So, Its Paul, who wrote the sin is not charged to the Born again.

2 Corinthians 5:19

Romans 4:8

You have no use for what Paul teaches, as Paul's NT doctrine does not accept your pride filled self saving mentality, Mr One verse.
Thats a fact.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THat would be your "stupid" interpretation", as i never say , have never said, that "sin does not matter'.
Your whole existence as a Christian is centered around your belief that sin and unbelief do not matter TO BEING SAVED.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no use for what Paul teaches, as Paul's NT doctrine does not accept your pride filled self saving mentality
Paul is the very one in scripture that teaches us how the way of faith is diametrically opposed to the self righteousness of works. Faith in God for justification/salvation in no way constitutes a works gospel. Paul made this abundantly clear. Unless you finally found that scripture I've been challenging you to produce that says having faith is a work of the damnable works gospel. You got that yet? I would say I've been waiting, but I'm not because I gave up on you being able to produce it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul is the very one in scripture that teaches us how the way of faith .

AS USUAL, you have confused the Salvation of GOD< who is CHRIST, with your discipleship.

You dont understand that GOD's SALVATION< is not your DISCIPLESHIP.

God gives you salvation, the instant you trust in Christ.
Its not a process you earn .....its an INSTANT spiritual birth that INSTANTLY recreates your SPIRIT as born again, a SON of God.
You dont understand this, and until you do, you will keep trying not to go to hell.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr One verse.
Thats a fact.
I have posted so much scripture in on-line forums I don't know which verse you're referring to. This one maybe?

"24Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sin is not charged to born again people because born again people are BELIEVERS. Not unbelievers as you teach.

Sin is not charged to any born again believer, because Jesus has already been sacrificed by God to deal with all your sin.

See the CROSS OF CHRIST for an update on why a born again believer can't go to Hell.

= Christ has already been CRUCIFIED for all your sin....and that is why 1 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8 tell you that God does not charge sin to you, if you are born again.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AS USUAL, you have confused the Salvation of GOD< who is CHRIST, with your discipleship.
People who don't believe are neither saved nor a disciple of Christ. That's the one point you can't grasp. You give false comfort to people who are not even born again to begin with that they are saved despite the evidence of their lives that testify to the contrary. You're building God's household using straw. Your labor will be exposed for what it is when the work you have done in the filed and building of God gets burned up.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have posted so much scripture in on-line forums I don't know which verse you're referring to. This one maybe?

"24Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

If you have crossed over from death to life, then you are "translated from Darkness to LIGHT", having become a Child of the Light by being born again as a new creation of Christ.....and "Christ is the Light of The world."

"Children of the Light", exist IN CHRIST>.......Spiritually, born again INTO the Spirit of God.
There is no sin found there.
So, when you obsess on "sin" and self saving, as you do, its because you do not understand what it means to HAVE BECOME....."a new creation in Christ".

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is not charged to any born again believer, because Jesus has already been sacrificed by God to deal with all your sin.
Everybody knows this.
What I challenge is your assertion that a born again person can be an unbeliever, and worse will inherit the kingdom of God. Lol, that's a joke. A terrible joke that will come back to visit you at the final judgment.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Everybody knows this.
What I challenge is your assertion that a born again person can be an unbeliever,

A born again person, is in Christ, 'One with God"..

Their MIND can be anything later.....such as yours..

Lots of real christians are crazy as a LOON when it comes to having any understanding of the word of God.
But because they gave God their FAITH ONE TIME>. God has accepted it and Salvation has been given to them. "the GIFT of Salvation"

If they are a nut later, if they are a self saver, a commandment obsessed Legalist, or a worshipper of MARONI....later.... this can't change being born again, as your MIND and your thoughts, have no effect on the Spiritual Birth that GOD has COMPLETED, if your are BORN AGAIN.

YOU CAN'T change a spiritual birth by how you behave or how you think, after God has given you a Spiritual Birth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Everybody knows this.
What I challenge is your assertion that a born again person can be an unbeliever,

Let me show you how to see something that you have not seen yet.

Look at this verse.

"whatever is NOT Of Faith, is sin".

See that?
So, if you lose faith, then you have none...so thats a SIN, according to that verse.

But if you are born again, then this sin of not having faith, is just one more sin that is not charged against you.

2 Corinthians 5:19

Romans 4:8

It could be that one day, you are going to understand that God created His Salvation, so that a human being can't mess it up after they have it.
God had to do this for us, or we would, Ferris.

Philippians 1:6