• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Righteousness is not something you can do.
Righteousness is something you exist AS, or you dont.

Adam WAS Righteous, that was his status,.... and he lost that and became a sinner, fallen.

Holiness, is Righteousness, and that is not what you do, that is who you are, are you aren't.
All people are unrighteous, until they are born again.
God only is : Righteousness.

To become righteous, is to become apart from sin.
We can think of it as......... Darkness is the absence of Light. Cold is the absence of Heat. Sin is the absence of Righteousness.. A sinner is the absence of God's Righteousness., and "all have sinned"...

To be apart from God, is to be separated from God's righteousness.
When we get this back, its because God has dealt with all our sin on the Cross, ....so that solves the SIN issue, and then God gives us the "gift of Righteousness" which solves our Righteousness problem. This is "the GIFT of SALVATION".

A Christian, begins day one, born again, = having become the "Righteousness of God'.... "made Righteous".
We never become more Righteous, but we learn how to live in that, so that we produce the spiritual fruit that God's Righteousness produces as our Discipleship.
This is your born again Spirit, that is "made righteous", and that is the REAL YOU. That is the SON/Daughter of GOD.
Not your body and not your mind.

Most Christians do not understand "righteousness" and they are like the Messiah rejecting Jews who are trying to establish their own righteousness.
Reader.....
Can anything be more INSANE than someone trying to establish their OWN Righteousness.?
Yet many are chasing commandments, law, and works, to try to prove to God...."Hey God, look at ALL my RIGHTEOUSNESS".

And God says...."that is filth", that is "dung"...... that is NOT MY Righteousness, that is your Self Righteousness = "Depart from me i never Knew YOU".

Where is Righteousness found?

A.) IN CHRIST.

And all the born again are "In Christ", having become "ONE WITH GOD"....as a "new Creation IN Christ".

This is why the verse says.....>"AS JESUS IS.......so are the born again....IN THIS WORLD"....

And HOW is Jesus? = He is RIGHTEOUSNESS......and so is the born again Spirit in every born again BELIEVER.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Adam WAS Righteous, that was his status,.... and he lost that and became a sinner, fallen.

Holiness, is Righteousness, and that is not what you do, that is who you are, are you aren't.
All people are unrighteous, until they are born again.
God only is : Righteousness.

To become righteous, is to become apart from sin.
We can think of it as......... Darkness is the absence of Light. Cold is the absence of Heat. Sin is the absence of Righteousness.. A sinner is the absence of God's Righteousness., and "all have sinned"...

To be apart from God, is to be separated from God's righteousness.
When we get this back, its because God has dealt with all our sin on the Cross, ....so that solves the SIN issue, and then God gives us the "gift of Righteousness" which solves our Righteousness problem. This is "the GIFT of SALVATION".

A Christian, begins day one, born again, = having become the "Righteousness of God'.... "made Righteous".
We never become more Righteous, but we learn how to live in that, so that we produce the spiritual fruit that God's Righteousness produces as our Discipleship.
This is your born again Spirit, that is "made righteous", and that is the REAL YOU. That is the SON/Daughter of GOD.
Not your body and not your mind.

Most Christians do not understand "righteousness" and they are like the Messiah rejecting Jews who are trying to establish their own righteousness.
Reader.....
Can anything be more INSANE than someone trying to establish their OWN Righteousness.?
Yet many are chasing commandments, law, and works, to try to prove to God...."Hey God, look at ALL my RIGHTEOUSNESS".

And God says...."that is filth", that is "dung"...... that is NOT MY Righteousness, that is your Self Righteousness = "Depart from me i never Knew YOU".

Where is Righteousness found?

A.) IN CHRIST.

And all the born again are "In Christ", having become "ONE WITH GOD"....as a "new Creation IN Christ".

This is why the verse says.....>"AS JESUS IS.......so are the born again....IN THIS WORLD"....

And HOW is Jesus? = He is RIGHTEOUSNESS......and so is the born again Spirit in every born again BELIEVER.

One is declared righteous by action Be. One is righteous if he obeys the law of the Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
One is declared righteous by action Be. One is righteous if he obeys the law of the Christ.

A person is made righteous by the blood and death of Jesus on the Cross.
This is "the Gift of Salvation".
You dont seem to know anything about the Cross or the BLOOD ATONEMENT.
So, Dont continue to deny that with your idea of trying to save yourself.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been made righteous not by anything I've ever done but only through the blood of the Lamb of God when I accepted Jesus and so became reborn spiritually.

Reactions: MatthewG

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We can't keep the Law of Christ, Robert. We are fallen man and we will fail. God demands perfection, if you make the keeping of these Laws your object of faith, you will be condemned because you will fail.

God's Grace through faith in Christ alone will cover your failures. It's Grace, something you don't deserve but freely given to those who will believe. It's not a license to sin as some think, the true believer does not want to sin, but knows he will fail in commandment keeping. But thank God for His amazing Grace. It's by faith in Christ totally that the commandments/laws are kept in us, even when we fail.

Why can't you see this, Robert? I'm worried for you, my friend.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have God's Righteousness?

Of course, if we're doing it.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

-

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

And so we all see how there is no correction for these people. They are only an exercise in delusional imagination, that they call faith.

The endgame of their delusion is no on full parade, with such teachings as these:

1. Stop trying not to sin, and not stop sinning. Just stop trying not to.

2. The only ones being righteous are still sinning. The ones doing righteousness are only being self-righteous.

3. Enduring temptation unto the end is rejecting the cross of Jesus Christ.

They are a lesson in folly. And they have no end of words from a deep pit with no bottom:

And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

They are all hot air and smoke with no substance whatsoever.

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know the cross is insignificant. I know that all people who receive salvation did so through the sacrifice of Jesus, and I know that you are responsible for your own salvation, why is it you are unaware of that sir? I will say however, I hope you are right, I hope all people are saved because of the Blood atonement, but I actually believe Jesus was correct when he said the words recorded in Mat 7:13,14, don't you Be?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can't keep the Law of Christ, Robert. We are fallen man and we will fail. God demands perfection, if you make the keeping of these Laws your object of faith, you will be condemned because you will fail.

God's Grace through faith in Christ alone will cover your failures. It's Grace, something you don't deserve but freely given to those who will believe. It's not a license to sin as some think, the true believer does not want to sin, but knows he will fail in commandment keeping. But thank God for His amazing Grace. It's by faith in Christ totally that the commandments/laws are kept in us, even when we fail.

Why can't you see this, Robert? I'm worried for you, my friend.

Hi Charlie, been a while my friend hope all is well. I agree, like the law covenant, none of us can keep the law of the Christ either. Of course there are some that post here that say they do, at least one anyway, but as far as I know there is only one sinless person to ever live, and in fact he lived under the Law covenant, which is really a statement in itself.
We Christians do our utmost not to sin Charlie, and we beg forgiveness for when we do. I think that likely one of the main reasons we worship and work hard to observe God's commandments is because of our thankfulness for His kindness toward us Charlie. I fail to see why you think I don't see this sir, perhaps you could post what I ever said to indicate otherwise.
I do disagree with your statement that God demands perfection, as He is not so uneducated to know that only one human in history fills that bill. Why is it do you suppose He sent Jesus?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4:5 - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

Philippians 3:9 - and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

God’s Righteousness WITH me? Yes.
God’s Righteousness IN me? Yes.
Me IN Gods Righteousness? Yes.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Disingenuous.
@Robert Gwin has not promoted “saving himself by himself”.

No one has denied Salvation is a Gift from God offered to men.
The fact is; discussing Gods ORDER and WAY, for a man to RECEIVE Gods Gift of Salvation, absolutely DOES include, a mans RESPONSE to Gods Offering, YET a mans RESPONSE, does not MEAN obliteration of Gods Offering originating By, Through, Of God Himself.

Glory to God,
Taken

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Charlie, been a while my friend hope all is well. I agree, like the law covenant, none of us can keep the law of the Christ either. Of course there are some that post here that say they do, at least one anyway, but as far as I know there is only one sinless person to ever live, and in fact he lived under the Law covenant, which is really a statement in itself.
We Christians do our utmost not to sin Charlie, and we beg forgiveness for when we do. I think that likely one of the main reasons we worship and work hard to observe God's commandments is because of our thankfulness for His kindness toward us Charlie. I fail to see why you think I don't see this sir, perhaps you could post what I ever said to indicate otherwise.
I do disagree with your statement that God demands perfection, as He is not so uneducated to know that only one human in history fills that bill. Why is it do you suppose He sent Jesus?

In your statement of obedience to Christ you gave no explanation, I'm happy to see I was wrong and that we agree!

Yes, God does demand perfection. but not in the way some think.

When Paul explains the regeneration of man, what takes place in man, that we have been crucified with Christ and the old man has died and a new man born, he states, "we are in Christ."

This is how we are perfect in the sight of God, being in Christ by faith, even though we are not perfect. When God sees us "in Christ" He sees the perfection and righteousness of Christ, and us in Christ, in that perfection and righteousness.

God has placed all of us who believe in a position we can't live up to. That's the purpose for our sanctification, to bring our condition up to the standard of our position.

Paul told us the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit is the down-payment on that position of salvation, until the resurrection when our condition will meet the standard of our position in Christ. All of these promises are based on faith in Jesus Christ.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do McDonald's have it on the menu?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your statement of obedience to Christ you gave no explanation, I'm happy to see I was wrong and that we agree!

Yes, God does demand perfection. but not in the way some think.

When Paul explains the regeneration of man, what takes place in man, that we have been crucified with Christ and the old man has died and a new man born, he states, "we are in Christ."

This is how we are perfect in the sight of God, being in Christ by faith, even though we are not perfect. When God sees us "in Christ" He sees the perfection and righteousness of Christ, and us in Christ, in that perfection and righteousness.

God has placed all of us who believe in a position we can't live up to. That's the purpose for our sanctification, to bring our condition up to the standard of our position.

Paul told us the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit is the down-payment on that position of salvation, until the resurrection when our condition will meet the standard of our position in Christ. All of these promises are based on faith in Jesus Christ.

It is very true Paul was "in Christ" why? Because he was anointed by holy spirit. All Christians whether those in Christ or those of the other sheep are washed clean by the blood of the lamb however. All will be made perfect, and will come to life, for most of us that will be at the end of the millennial reign of Christ. At that point God does expect perfection, and any who choose to violate His law will die as did Adam.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Perhaps rethink your choice of words.
Obeying laws is not crux of righteousness.

God offers His Order and Way for men to become MADE ACCOUNTED Righteous, according to God Himself.

Gods Order and Way for mankind, is really very BASIC...
* Hear, Verify, Believe what you Hear and verify VIA Gods Word.
* Choose you, IF, you WHOLLY desire to BE MADE WHOLE, body, soul, spirit...BY the Power of God
* Be Diligent, Be SURE of your Choice, it’s permanent.
* Yes Sure? Declare your Choice TO the Lord God.
* Confession IS Agreement of the man FOR the Lord God to ACT, MAKING you WHOLLY, WHOLE, HOLY, acceptable to Him.
* Be prepared to Receive what you have Declared unto the Lord God.
* Trust God is Faithful, and fulfills your Chosen desire.

The HOW is the particulars.
The BEING MADE WHOLE, IS the INTENT, the ACT, the ReSULT...
Done Deal, Contract, Agreement between ONE man WORD and the Lord Gods WORD.
* NOTHING can break, undo, reverse that ONE agreement between ONE man and the Lord God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Perhaps rethink your choice of words.
Obeying laws is not crux of righteousness.

God offers His Order and Way for men to become MADE ACCOUNTED Righteous, according to God Himself.

Gods Order and Way for mankind, is really very BASIC...
* Hear, Verify, Believe what you Hear and verify VIA Gods Word.
* Choose you, IF, you WHOLLY desire to BE MADE WHOLE, body, soul, spirit...BY the Power of God
* Be Diligent, Be SURE of your Choice, it’s permanent.
* Yes Sure? Declare your Choice TO the Lord God.
* Confession IS Agreement of the man FOR the Lord God to ACT, MAKING you WHOLLY, WHOLE, HOLY, acceptable to Him.
* Be prepared to Receive what you have Declared unto the Lord God.
* Trust God is Faithful, and fulfills your Chosen desire.

The HOW is the particulars.
The BEING MADE WHOLE, IS the INTENT, the ACT, the ReSULT...
Done Deal, Contract, Agreement between ONE man WORD and the Lord Gods WORD.
* NOTHING can break, undo, reverse that ONE agreement between ONE man and the Lord God.
By grace, though faith, not of works (Ephesians 2.8-9)