Doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ezra per your request, a thread to discuss what I believe are bad doctrines and the scriptures I base this belief on.
The only doctrine we aren’t allowed to discuss is “trinity.”

I was working on something else but I’m putting it on hold to have what I think could be a fruitful discussion.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ezra , I will first say that I think a lot of the doctrines I believe to be bad, and even harmful to self, are formed by seeing one side of a matter and not the other side of the matter. So making a doctrine without including scripture that seems to be opposite.

Here are two different scriptures. The first seems to war somewhat with the second one. Do you agree? Are they somewhat difficult to reconcile?

For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.

but the one who did not know it, and committed acts deserving of a beating, will receive only a few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ezra , I will first say that I think a lot of the doctrines I believe to be bad, and even harmful to self, are formed by seeing one side of a matter and not the other side of the matter. So making a doctrine without including scripture that seems to be opposite.

Here are two different scriptures. The first seems to war somewhat with the second one. Do you agree? Are they somewhat difficult to reconcile?

For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.

but the one who did not know it, and committed acts deserving of a beating, will receive only a few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
here is the context 11He replied, “The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables: ‘Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.’…

this a reference to the heares of the word in Jeremiah 5:21 it says 20Declare this in the house of Jacob and proclaim it in Judah: 21“Hear this, O foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear. 22Do you not fear Me?” declares the LORD. “Do you not tremble before Me, the One who set the sand as the boundary for the sea, an enduring barrier it cannot cross? The waves surge, but they cannot prevail. They roar but cannot cross it.…
this is also stated i mark and Isiah .

to be fair that can be taken wrong and also taught wrong. i had to find it my self and do some research on it my self.

we as Christians and teachers stand in the greater Judgment--
James 3:1
Verse

My brethren, be not many masters,( teachers) knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

we are all teachers one way or the other

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ezra per your request, a thread to discuss what I believe are bad doctrines and the scriptures I base this belief on.

I was working on something else but I’m putting it on hold to have what I think could be a fruitful discussion.
that is fine i can assure you as long as its kept on a adult level it will be fruitful. that is why i said feel free to private message me . that ways its between you and me.:)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is fine i can assure you as long as its kept on a adult level it will be fruitful. that is why i said feel free to private message me . that ways its between you and me.:)
Meh. It can still be between you and me if we just ignore any shrieking people who come in. :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is the context 11He replied, “The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables: ‘Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.’…

this a reference to the heares of the word in Jeremiah 5:21 it says 20Declare this in the house of Jacob and proclaim it in Judah: 21“Hear this, O foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear. 22Do you not fear Me?” declares the LORD. “Do you not tremble before Me, the One who set the sand as the boundary for the sea, an enduring barrier it cannot cross? The waves surge, but they cannot prevail. They roar but cannot cross it.…
this is also stated i mark and Isiah .

to be fair that can be taken wrong and also taught wrong. i had to find it my self and do some research on it my self.

we as Christians and teachers stand in the greater Judgment--
James 3:1
Verse

My brethren, be not many masters,( teachers) knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

we are all teachers one way or the other
Hmm…that doesn’t really explain it to me. My mind didn’t get anything from what you said. I still see those two verses as saying rather opposite sounding things…

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm…that doesn’t really explain it to me. My mind didn’t get anything from what you said. I still see those two verses as saying rather opposite sounding things…
sorry but is pretty plain eyes they will not see ears not hear.. like a closed mind or many are Blinded by the god of this world

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. Never mind. You seem to have the grasp you are happy with. Sorry to bother you. We’ll just let the thread recede. No problem. :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm uncomfortable with man-made doctrines. God's and Jesus's words would seem to me to make good doctrines. They are both quoted a lot in the Bible.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrines that aren't found in any of the statements made by God or Jesus in the Bible.
i can agree with that. so often Churches that oppose other Church doctrines like to use that term . Baptist fuss about osas/ osnas some hold to footwashing some dont

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Better put:

"For to everyone who has something in their hand more shall be given".

This explains the nature of giving. When we give unconditionally we in turn recieve love and compassion(Holy Spirit).

This is talking about the fundamental laws of which we abide by and for the most part I believe is talking about the "self" or "self conciousness" or Christians mite say "Gods Judgment". Pretty much, if you did something wrong that you didn't know was wrong, you would be less hard on yourself compared to being in the know.