• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he was chosen and predestined.?

Just because the Lord has an assignment on someone does not mean they are not free to reject the calling the Lord has on their life.

Paul still had to submit himself to the Lord and if he had not he would have been lost and gone to hell and the Lord would have fulfilled that calling in some one else's life.

They Lord always has someone else that He can use to get His will done.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, he was chosen and predestined.?
I don't think Galatians 1:15 proves 'predestination' as such, but I believe the phrase 'from my mother's womb' shows the extent of God's role in Paul's life. It suggests that God arranged Paul's life circumstances, upbringing, education, personality, commitment to the truth, and position in history in a unique way, all to equip Paul for his unparalleled role as the Apostle to the Gentiles.

In Paul's mind, he is the "thing molded" and so are we.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing, based on your previous posts, that you can continue to provide numerous examples of bad things that happened to people. The problem with such examples is our limited perspective. Just because we can't imagine how God can bring good from such injustice doesn't mean that there wasn't good that came from it.

But we Christians look to our savior for a prime example of how God causes all things to our good. What happened to Jesus at the hands of his contemporaries was evil, and yet, his crucifixion became salvation for both Jews and Gentiles. I trust that if God can bring good from the crucifixion of the Messiah, he can bring good from the actions of other evil men. It doesn't lessen my pain, sorrow, lack of appetite or depression. But it helps me to see my own life in perspective.
God can certainly make good from any adverse situation when He choses to... but I cannot believe he creates the adverse situation so He can make good.

Now does He play around with things to His own amusement and benefit. YES... Look how many time he hardened pharaoh's heart

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Paul's mind, he is the "thing molded" and so are we.
I would say we are being made into Jesus image from the power within our heart/ spirit ...by the Living Holy Spirit...he is the one who is at work in us.

What do you mean by molded?

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And he was chosen from his mother's womb.

by "God's Foreknowledge".

Chosen by Foreknowledge to be predestined to be conformed.

See, its "pre-destined" according to Foreknowledge...

Not pre-destined to be born again, or predestined to not be born again, as John The Devil Calvin, teaches., by redefining "God's fore-knowing" as "God causes, or God pre-destines".

The NT does not teach "Foreknowledge" as "predestined".

Its Calvin who created that misrepresentation., and TULIP evolved it as "Hyper Calvinism"

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God knows who are his.

God also knows who will try and override His word.

Ephesians 1:4-6

King James Version

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
John 15:16
Verse (Click for Chapter)
King James Bible
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

New King James Version
You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

American Standard Version
Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Berean Study Bible
You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will remain—so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If God makes you Born Again via His Living Spirit, then NO you have NO choice..

Because they were chosen and predestined to be Born Again.

The natural man wouldn’t understand any of this as the words of God are spiritually discerned...which is a gift from God....discernment that is.

He knows those who only understand from their own human logic.

God knows those who don’t understand.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God makes you Born Again via His Living Spirit, then NO you have NO choice..

Because they were chosen and predestined to be Born Again.

The natural man wouldn’t understand any of this as the words of God are spiritually discerned...which is a gift from God....discernment that is.

He knows those who only understand from their own human logic.

God knows those who don’t understand.
Sorry,

This does not make God out to be a very loving God.

he gives you no choice.. Thats not from God.. at least not the God of the Bible. Who from the time of creation has given men a choice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry,

This does not make God out to be a very loving God.

he gives you no choice.. Thats not from God.. at least not the God of the Bible. Who from the time of creation has given men a choice
You don’t understand as I wrote above.

God gave me NO choice when I became Born Again..he chose me for his purpose and his plan.

Yes, it is from God’s written word...you do not choose to be Born Again...

Nowhere does he say the time of creation he gave you a choice.

A Choice to do what?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say we are being made into Jesus image from the power within our heart/ spirit ...by the Living Holy Spirit...he is the one who is at work in us.

What do you mean by molded?
I think God has a purpose for every life and he shapes our life to suit that purpose.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by "God's Foreknowledge".

Chosen by Foreknowledge to be predestined to be conformed.

See, its "pre-destined" according to Foreknowledge...
"Foreknowledge" as it pertains to God means "to be known previously," and to be "known" of God is to be in a covenant relationship with Him. It is not, as some say, that God looked down through history to discover someone to predestine.

Predestination is to establish the destiny of someone before they are born.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t understand as I wrote above.

Actually yes I do
God gave me NO choice when I became Born Again..he chose me for his purpose and his plan.
Um yes he did, he gave Jonah the choice Jonah could have died in that fish, like you could have died in your sin.
Yes, it is from God’s written word...you do not choose to be Born Again...

Nowhere does he say the time of creation he gave you a choice.

A Choice to do what?
John 1, John 3, John 4 John 5 and John 6 destroy this thinking

i can chose to allow God to save me, or chose to remain dead in my sin.

God will not overrule my free will.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Foreknowledge" as it pertains to God means "to be known previously," and to be "known" of God is to be in a covenant relationship with Him. It is not, as some say, that God looked down through history to discover someone to predestine.

Predestination is to establish the destiny of someone before they are born.
I would agree except for the fact the scripture also tells us how a person is born into that state. So in order for someone to be predestined to enter that state, the thing that caused them to enter tht state must occure.

What God did is know before hand who would recieve that gift, and who would not.

Reactions: CadyandZoe