Does Jesus possess you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

One possessed by God will not sin.

(1 John 5:12) “Whoever possesses the Son has life; whoever does not possess the Son of God does not have life.”

Definition of POSSESSED

a (1) : influenced or controlled by something (as an evil spirit, a passion, or an idea)

If one is controlled by Jesus he or she will not sin.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, I am waiting for someone to decide that we need to own God because it says in the Bible we must possess Him, right? And Protestants are outraged that the Catholic Church didn't want non-theologians reading the Bible......

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Now, I am waiting for someone to decide that we need to own God because it says in the Bible we must possess Him, right? And Protestants are outraged that the Catholic Church didn't want non-theologians reading the Bible......

Did you even look at the definition of possessed?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I think we must indeed seek to attain Christ. There is much cynicism today at this idea and many speak as though it was not possible. "We'll never be like that anyways!" I think we need to look outside of our own experience to see what Christ is calling us to. After all, he does say 'be perfect as I am perfect'. Collectively, I think that's possible (not with men, but with God, yes!)

[sup]Philippians 3:12[/sup]
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. [sup]13[/sup]Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, [sup]14[/sup]I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One possessed by God will not sin.

(1 John 5:12) “Whoever possesses the Son has life; whoever does not possess the Son of God does not have life.”

Definition of POSSESSED

a (1) : influenced or controlled by something (as an evil spirit, a passion, or an idea)

If one is controlled by Jesus he or she will not sin.

I have at times been so possessed! At first for only a few days...I walked in a divine light (truly the armour of light) That was 31 years ago now!.

Then for a few weeks at a time. Then once for a few years!

But each time I was out-manouvered or just leaked out!

I am presently seeking the Lord for that same walk....in the fulness of Christ!

John