Does "LAW" matter?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
this is why it is pointless to even engage with ppl enmeshed in the cult of Sol who "believe" they are following Christ
i guess

everyone's all sweetness and light when you are paying them attention, huh, and listening to whatever is coming out of their mouth. You want truth? Ask questions

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
iow you will not answer the Q of whether that means you do not have to obey the law or not?

You have been avoiding answering innocent Qs, and redirecting to already stated terms etc for three days, like a politician, but now we are done right. My questions are beneath you or something huh

Of course your questions are not beneath me, @bbyrd009, and I have not avoided any that you have asked. I have not however always understood what you are asking, or why.

The Laws of God I will not break because I am law abiding, and do not wish to. It is a matter of conscience. However, it is not possible to keep the whole law, and if you put yourself 'under' law you have to keep it all.

‘For whosoever shall keep the whole law,
and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.’

(Jas 2:10)

Thankfully it is not required of me, in Christ Jesus.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and if you put yourself 'under' law you have to keep it all
fwiw i'm pretty sure we all just adjust our vocabulary to fit our reality; or at least i do anyway

after all, what "believer" would "put themselves under the law" voluntarily? Or at least not in ignorance?
but of course they virtually all do by being a hypocrite

i could "put myself under law" by calling the cops on you after you took something from me, i don't have to keep a single law at all imo

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think you have missed the point of that verse, (I BOLDED it), and it has encouraged you to jump on the "The Law is Dead to Me" bandwagon.

@Willie T,
You have emphasising the words, 'For righteousness': but I am in no doubt that Christ has become the end of the law for righteousness, for me. He is my righteousness.

Forgive me, I am tired,.
Thank you for your time and effort.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
what you run to when you are stressed is what you are "under" hence "who do you call when your house gets robbed?"

Goodbye for now, @bbryd009,

Enough is enough.
Thank you, too.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You have emphasising the words, 'For righteousness': but I am in no doubt that Christ has become the end of the law for righteousness, for me. He is my righteousness.
ya, i'm doing God's will too :)
see ya

be nice to get some kind of reply to those 20 questions tho

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Willie T,

Forgive me, I am tired,.
Thank you for your time and effort.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Yes, just what I have been saying, you simply don't seem to be able to see it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if your house got robbed you would not call the police, is this what you mean?
are you sure you're not "under the law," right now?

I don't see the moral legal laws of the land the same as God's spiritual law.

I saw that you brought up the 10 commandments again.
So you don't believe that Jesus shrunk them into just two laws, which is just one command. Love.

We each live under the 'law of the land'..because not every person in the country abides in LOVE.... therefore the law is not "for" those who truly love...because they don't need it, but are bound by God's love, by choice. It is 'for' the unlawful.
The law of the land is no restraint to us..because we would keep it if it wasn't there...because of our focus on the Lord.

( in a perfect world :) )

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you don't believe that Jesus shrunk them into just two laws, which is just one command. Love.
it's not that i don't believe this, but that we adopt whatever approved language and then adapt it to fit our reality; Imelda Marcos "loved love" too, see. Now in your case that surely is moot; but generally speaking, it is not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, just what I have been saying, you simply don't seem to be able to see it.

Hi Willie T,

It would seem we are in agreement then, Yes? Just don't express it in the same way.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From the April 2018 issue of "The Evangelist" by Loren Larson, this isn't the whole article, but it's simple, spot on and well written.

"The scripture declares that the first covenant with the Old Testament laws have been deemed obsolete. One cannot enter into a new agreement until an old agreement has been rendered inactive or is no longer applicable. Therefore, the old covenant and the Old Testament law was rendered obsolete when Christ nailed them to his cross, blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us. A new covenant - a better covenant with better promises - is now what we live under, and we are to be held responsible to. Ours is not a mixture of old covenant law with new covenant promise. Ours is a brand-new covenant that does not rely upon the old covenant in any way. Both old and new covenants reveal God to the human race. But the old covenant was transitory in nature while the new covenant is referred to as the everlasting covenant."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Orthodoxy says "The Law" (however you consider it) does not apply today, at all. How do you see it? Why are any commands even mentioned in the New Testament?
addressing the OP only, have not read all the replies.

the Law do matters, even today, but not for the believing Christian. and here's why. scripture,
1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine".

notice the Law is not, not, not made for the righteous, but for the disobedient sinners. and if you're in Christ Jesus then you're righteous with God. and if you're not in Christ Jesus then you will face the LAW. just that plain and simple.

now those who are without Law and in the world, scripture. Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Romans 2:15 "Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;).

Read that 7th chapter of Romans again. if you're in Christ then your're dead to sin, and dead men don't sin, and no sin no law is needed.

and if any man sin, we have an advocate, see John 2:1 & 2.

knowing this, I'm like our brother the apostle Paul, Galatians 3:19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator".

I have a promise from God and I believe it,

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17 "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil".

I love light/knowledge of God, and so the Law have no effect on me because it concerns me not, its for sinners, which I'm not.

PCY

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
From the April 2018 issue of "The Evangelist" by Loren Larson, this isn't the whole article, but it's simple, spot on and well written.

"The scripture declares that the first covenant with the Old Testament laws have been deemed obsolete. One cannot enter into a new agreement until an old agreement has been rendered inactive or is no longer applicable. Therefore, the old covenant and the Old Testament law was rendered obsolete when Christ nailed them to his cross, blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us. A new covenant - a better covenant with better promises - is now what we live under, and we are to be held responsible to. Ours is not a mixture of old covenant law with new covenant promise. Ours is a brand-new covenant that does not rely upon the old covenant in any way. Both old and new covenants reveal God to the human race. But the old covenant was transitory in nature while the new covenant is referred to as the everlasting covenant."
Hi @Josho,

The Old Covenant was made with the children of Israel, and the New Covenant will be made with them. They are at present in a Loammi condition, ('not my People') because of their unbelief, so the New Covenant, for which Christ is the mediator, is in abeyance until Israel is restored.

As far as the Church of the one Body is concerned there are no contractual
agreements, no covenants, no testaments, that involve the believer, he finds all in his completeness in Christ.

Titus 1:2 says that the eternal life was ‘promised before the world began’.
2 Timothy 1:9 says that the believer was called according to the Lord’s own purpose and grace ‘which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began’.
Ephesians 1:4 says that such were ‘chosen IN HIM before the foundation of the world’.
* Here are covenants, agreements, promises, but they were not made with or to us, they were all made in and with Christ.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Josho,

The Old Covenant was made with the children of Israel, and the New Covenant will be made with them. They are at present in a Loammi condition, ('not my People') because of their unbelief, so the New Covenant, for which Christ is the mediator, is in abeyance until Israel is restored.

agreements, no covenants, no testaments, that involve the believer, he finds all in his completeness in Christ.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
"They are at present in a Loammi condition". I like that, somebody is reading their BIBLE.

but as to the church are you saying that there is no "testament", if so please explain...

I thought the New testament is to "Believe". maybe i could be in ERROR.

PCY

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"They are at present in a Loammi condition". I like that, somebody is reading their BIBLE.

but as to the church are you saying that there is no "testament", if so please explain...

I thought the New testament is to "Believe". maybe i could be in ERROR.

PCY

Hello there,

As you will know the word 'testament' (Gr. diatheke) is the equivalent of the word 'covenant' in the Old Testament (Heb. Berith), as is testified by it's usage, (but not by it's dictionary definition).

I think you will find that I added a paragraph to my post, at the same time that you were writing yours. You may find that that answers this question.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Josho,

2 Timothy 1:9 says that the believer was called according to the Lord’s own purpose and grace ‘which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began’.
Ephesians 1:4 says that such were ‘chosen IN HIM before the foundation of the world’.
* Here are covenants, agreements, promises, but they were not made with or to us, they were all made in and with Christ.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
thanks, but not for argument, but for edification..... (A). Covenant. Literally, a contract. In the Bible, an agreement between God and his people, in which God makes promises to his people and, usually, requires certain conduct from them.

(B). Testament. A testament is a statement of belief. The most famous testaments are the two parts of the Christian Bible: the Old and New Testaments. A testament states a belief or gives some kind of direction. The document people leave behind at death is known as the "last will and testament."

the difference between the two is this, a Covenant is an agreement or contract between "TWO" people. a testament require only "ONE" person.

don't get me wrong the contract is with Christ I agree but it's our BELIEF in HIM concering that contract .

and we know this by heart, John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life".

see God gave his son, but do we believe that. I hope this might edify.

again thanks for the conversation.

PCY.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

seems like you'd run into trouble justifying that with "not one jot or tittle will pass away," but every time i ask this i get ignored more or less

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi @Josho,

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
i'd ask you some questions here, but we already know how that turns out i guess huh

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As often seems to be the case with all Christian Forums, one simple question has been hidden by a building smoke screen of superfluous clutter. So, I will try again.

Are any of the "laws" true? (I could ask a dozen more questions pertaining to that one simple query, but I won't because I am certain few people here can limit themselves to just answering that ONE — and will answer with yet another flood of verbosity. But, I am going to try anyway...........

Let's start easy. Once again, only the basics so that we don't get too confused about what is being asked.

First of all, to try and approach this with some sense of direction.....
Are any of the laws true? (I know it will be hard, but please try to read every one of the 6 words of the question.)

Last edited: