Does Your Church Teach About the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the main point===Does Your Church Teach About the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,Last Days?? Or is your church little more than a semi-private social club? When was the last Sunday you heard a sermon about the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,.Last Days?? Or does your church teach lets all just be happy and we are all OK and I am OK so no worries??

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day after the Rapture(Catching up) What will You Think, Believe, Say and Do?? Will you have wised up? Will you then believe? or will you just cry, scream, curse and gnash your teeth because you have been left behind? Now you face years of the great tribulation and trying to live under anti-christ rule. You could still choose to wise up today confess, repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and be ready to be caught up in the very soon rapture!! All your choice!!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day after the Rapture(Catching up) What will You Think, Believe, Say and Do?? Will you have wised up? Will you then believe? or will you just cry, scream, curse and gnash your teeth because you have been left behind? Now you face years of the great tribulation and trying to live under anti-christ rule. You could still choose to wise up today confess, repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and be ready to be caught up in the very soon rapture!! All your choice!!
The "day after" Christ's 2nd coming, we will all be judged and either in Heaven or Hell.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Your Church Teach About the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,Last Days?? Or is your church little more than a semi-private social club? When was the last Sunday you heard a sermon about the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,.Last Days?? Or does your church teach lets all just be happy and we are all OK and I am OK so no worries??

I don't hear a lot of preachers anywhere talk on Heaven or Hell, which I think is a spiritual travesty. Why is that?

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Back to the main point===Does Your Church Teach About the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,Last Days?? Or is your church little more than a semi-private social club? When was the last Sunday you heard a sermon about the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,.Last Days?? Or does your church teach lets all just be happy and we are all OK and I am OK so no worries??
I've been to two churches.
One doesn't believe in the rapture.
The rapture is the end of the world when Jesus comes back.
Those that are dead will rise to meet Him in their new, glorified bodies.
Those that are still alive will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

As to left behind...
WHO is left behind?
The unlucky ones?
Maybe the lucky ones will be left behind?
Maybe Jesus was talking about the sacking of Jerusalem in 70 AD?
Some were taken to be killed, and some were left behind.
The ones left behind were the lucky ones.
But all of Jerusalem paid in the end.

Oh. The other church I attended for many years also does not believe in the rapture.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
And all Roman Catholic teachings are man-made inventions from the 4th century. Do you see the irony?

The Rapture cannot be a man-made invention if Christ revealed it to His apostles BEFORE His crucifixion (John 14:1-4):

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. [BELIEVE MY WORDS BECAUSE I AM GOD]

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [THERE IS A PLACE FOR EVERY SAINT IN THE NEW JERUSALEM]

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [THIS IS THE FIRST MENTION OF THE RAPTURE]

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. [CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW THE TRUTH]
How is John 14:1-4 about a rapture?
You might have already answered this...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ummmmm, your repeating of this fallacy doesn't make it true.
It just means that you like to repeat things . . .

Listen, sparky - a THOUSAND repetitions doesn't produce ONE shred of evidence.
Hey breadman,
I've missed you!

Am I the only one on this whole forum that agrees with you every now and then??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The rapture (catching up)
Now this I say, brethren, that BF)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28769BF">flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a m]' data-fn="#fen-NKJV-28770m">[m]mystery: BG)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28770BG">We shall not all sleep, BH)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28770BH">but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. BI)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28771BI">For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and BJ)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28772BJ">this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: BK)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28773BK">“Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “OBL)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28774BL">n]' data-fn="#fen-NKJV-28774n">[n] Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and BM)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28775BM">the strength of sin is the law. 57 BN)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28776BN">But thanks be to God, who gives us BO)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28776BO">the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 BP)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28777BP">Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing BQ)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28777BQ">that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

51 Behold, I show you a mystery: We shall not all sleep; but we shall all be changed

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:51-58
Where does the above speak of a rapture?
A "taking away" of a certain segment of the population??

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!! Satan hates and fights against the rapture!!! We have records of the church fathers teaching the rapture back to the 300AD and 1 Thess. 4:16-18 has been there all along!!

Sorry buddy, not buying that one!!

Reactions: GodsGrace

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thess 4:13-18======Catching up IS the rapture!!

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be """caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!!! After the rapture millions of people left behind will see their great error and turn to God and believe and accept salvation but they now must try to stay alive under anti-christ rule and the judgments of the great tribulation,

How sad is that?
Matt 13
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, *Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matt 24
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come."

As you read through the word you will see that the bad is "taken" FIRST!!
"Left behind" are the GOOD.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
How sad is that?
Matt 13
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, *Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matt 24
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come."

As you read through the word you will see that the bad is "taken" FIRST!!
"Left behind" are the GOOD.
Helen,
I just started dabbling with the end times.
I know next to nothing.
I can't believe you agree with me!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Thess 4:13-18======Catching up IS the rapture!!

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be """caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Yes indeed...Matt 24 and Matt 13 Both Speaks of the "rapture" of the tares...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Id like to see you address Matt 13 and Matt 24 please!!!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus returns to earth to destroy all evil we raptured saints come with Him.
Revelation 20:5
Unbelievers
(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because this is a 19th century man-made invention.

1 Thess. 4:16-18 takes place at the 2nd Coming of Christ - NOT at some "magical" time before that where His people are pulled out of danger.

Jesus returns ONCE - not twice . . .
Very pleased to hear you sat that. My sentiments exactly. John Nelson Darby of the Plymouth Brethren introduced the idea of a "pre-Advent rapture" which he thought would mark the advent of the Anti-Christ.