Does Your Church Teach About the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Your Church Teach About the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,Last Days?? Or is your church little more than a semi-private social club? When was the last Sunday you heard a sermon about the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,.Last Days?? Or does your church teach lets all just be happy and we are all OK and I am OK so no worries??

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Your Church Teach About the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,Last Days?? Or is your church little more than a semi-private social club? When was the last Sunday you heard a sermon about the Rapture(Catching up) Heaven, Hell, Prophecy,.Last Days?? Or does your church teach lets all just be happy and we are all OK and I am OK so no worries??
No, because this is a 19th century man-made invention.

1 Thess. 4:16-18 takes place at the 2nd Coming of Christ - NOT at some "magical" time before that where His people are pulled out of danger.

Jesus returns ONCE - not twice . . .

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Thess. 4:16-18 takes place at the 2nd Coming of Christ - NOT at some "magical" time before that where His people are pulled out of danger.

Jesus returns ONCE - not twice . . .

Have fun!!!====I did my duty!!! I sounded a warning and gave you God's Word 1 Thess. 4:16-18

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have fun!!!====I did my duty!!! I sounded a warning and gave you God's Word 1 Thess. 4:16-18
So did John Nelson Darby when he invented this clap-trap back in the 1830's.

NONE
of your Protestant Fathers taught or believed in this nonsense. WHY do you suppose that their ecclesial descendants started teaching it?

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! Satan hates and fights against the rapture!!! We have records of the church fathers teaching the rapture back to the 300AD and 1 Thess. 4:16-18 has been there all along!!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And all Roman Catholic teachings are man-made inventions from the 4th century. Do you see the irony?

The Rapture cannot be a man-made invention if Christ revealed it to His apostles BEFORE His crucifixion (John 14:1-4):

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. [BELIEVE MY WORDS BECAUSE I AM GOD]

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [THERE IS A PLACE FOR EVERY SAINT IN THE NEW JERUSALEM]

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [THIS IS THE FIRST MENTION OF THE RAPTURE]

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. [CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW THE TRUTH]

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And all Roman Catholic teachings are man-made inventions from the 4th century. Do you see the irony?

The Rapture cannot be a man-made invention if Christ revealed it to His apostles BEFORE His crucifixion (John 14:1-4):

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. [BELIEVE MY WORDS BECAUSE I AM GOD]

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [THERE IS A PLACE FOR EVERY SAINT IN THE NEW JERUSALEM]

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [THIS IS THE FIRST MENTION OF THE RAPTURE]

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. [CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW THE TRUTH]
John 12:1-4 is about his RETURN.
It's NOT about some "magical" man-made event that comes prior to His return.

As for your moronic claim about "all" Catholic doctrines being "invented" in the 4th century - please NAME one . . .

Reactions: Harvest 1874

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! Satan hates and fights against the rapture!!! We have records of the church fathers teaching the rapture back to the 300AD and 1 Thess. 4:16-18 has been there all along!!
Then, by ALL means - show us . . .

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's John 14, not John 12. And it is not about the Second Coming ("his return") but about the Rapture ("I will come again and receive you unto myself").

Do you know the difference between Christ coming FOR His saints (at th Rapture) and Christ coming WITH His saints (at the Second Coming)? Kindly take some time to study the matter thorougly before responding.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture (catching up)
Now this I say, brethren, that BF)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28769BF">flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a m]' data-fn="#fen-NKJV-28770m">[m]mystery: BG)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28770BG">We shall not all sleep, BH)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28770BH">but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. BI)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28771BI">For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and BJ)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28772BJ">this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: BK)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28773BK">“Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “OBL)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28774BL">n]' data-fn="#fen-NKJV-28774n">[n] Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and BM)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28775BM">the strength of sin is the law. 57 BN)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28776BN">But thanks be to God, who gives us BO)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28776BO">the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 BP)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28777BP">Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing BQ)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28777BQ">that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
It's NOT about some "magical" man-made event that comes prior to His return.

As for your moronic claim about "all" Catholic doctrines being "invented" in the 4th century - please NAME one . . .
51 Behold, I show you a mystery: We shall not all sleep; but we shall all be changed

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:51-58

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's John 14, not John 12. And it is not about the Second Coming ("his return") but about the Rapture ("I will come again and receive you unto myself").

Do you know the difference between Christ coming FOR His saints (at th Rapture) and Christ coming WITH His saints (at the Second Coming)? Kindly take some time to study the matter thorougly before responding.
Christ will come back WITH His saints (in Heaven) FOR His saints (on earth) at the end.
His 2nd Coming heralds the BODILY Resurrection - which includes those who have died before His Coming.

That's why 1 Thess. 4:16 plainly says "... the dead in Christ will rise first."

PS - STILL
waiting for those 4th century "inventions" . . .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ will come back WITH His saints (in Heaven) FOR His saints (on earth) at the end.
That's like saying that an elevator can go UP and DOWN at the same time. Pure fantasy. Why don't you like the truth, and why do you resist the truth?

Reactions: Hidden In Him

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture (catching up)
Now this I say, brethren, that BF)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28769BF">flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a m]' data-fn="#fen-NKJV-28770m">[m]mystery: BG)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28770BG">We shall not all sleep, BH)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28770BH">but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. BI)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28771BI">For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and BJ)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28772BJ">this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: BK)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28773BK">“Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “OBL)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28774BL">n]' data-fn="#fen-NKJV-28774n">[n] Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and BM)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28775BM">the strength of sin is the law. 57 BN)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28776BN">But thanks be to God, who gives us BO)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28776BO">the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 BP)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28777BP">Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing BQ)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-28777BQ">that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

51 Behold, I show you a mystery: We shall not all sleep; but we shall all be changed

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:51-58
Yup - this is ALL talking about His 2nd Coming.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's like saying that an elevator can go UP and DOWN at the same time. Pure fantasy. Why don't you like the truth, and why do you resist the truth?
No - those already in Heaven will come with the Lord to get the rest of us on earth.
NOTHING in there about a snatching away before the coming Tribulation.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! After the rapture millions of people left behind will see their great error and turn to God and believe and accept salvation but they now must try to stay alive under anti-christ rule and the judgments of the great tribulation,

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! After the rapture millions of people left behind will see their great error and turn to God and believe and accept salvation but they now must try to stay alive under anti-christ rule and the judgments of the great tribulation,
Ummmmm, your repeating of this fallacy doesn't make it true.
It just means that you like to repeat things . . .

Listen, sparky - a THOUSAND repetitions doesn't produce ONE shred of evidence.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rofl!! Hey!!! If you choose to stay behind on rapture day= no skin off my nose==have fun!!!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rofl!! Hey!!! If you choose to stay behind on rapture day= no skin off my nose==have fun!!!
Reminds me of the Millerites (precursor to the SDA's) who thought Jesus was coming back in 1844. When he didn't come - they called it "The Great Disappointment".