Dog is injured (Updated: Dog went home)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dog had an accident, slipped in it, won't get up

Searching for an emergency vet, but need a miracle because no money for the vet

I don't know what to do

He is not my dog, but I am seen as the cause

Update: Dog has passed. Was likely actually a stroke.

Thank you for your prayers

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am looking at his behavior lately with bladder control issues and thinking this is old age. He didn't yelp or anything to show he was in pain.

He is also 12 years and the life expectancy for his breed is 11.

Please pray for the owner, he is not doing well, and please have God put it on his heart I didn't cause it. I didn't do anything.

I know that situation is hard but I have trouble helping calmly and being proactive while being called many, many things.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am looking at his behavior lately with bladder control issues and thinking this is old age. He didn't yelp or anything to show he was in pain.

Please pray for the owner, he is not doing well, and please have God put it on his heart I didn't cause it. I didn't do anything.

I know that situation is hard but I have trouble helping calmly and being proactive while being called many, many things.
I understand. May God intervene in your life and provide for you and your needs.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying on this as well.

Over our marriage of nearly 50 years, we had only 2 dogs live longer than that. We had several that did not live that long. Hopefully the owner understands such things. Loss of control of bowel and bladder are not an uncommon occurrence with age.

Loss of loved one, including a beloved dog, can be a difficult thing, but it is part of life. Believe me, I have lost many animals [pets] and people who left empty places in me. We must deal with things and move on... God will help us if we trust in Him.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FluffyYellowDuck, May God's Glory shone through you as you work your way through the circumstances of dealing with a sick dog. My God's peace rest in you as you seek to understand God's solution within your circumstances. Keep Pressing into God's protective embrace and let God resolve the right outcome for everybody involved.

Shalom

PS: - Hold strongly onto your peace with God in all things. Now from Australia I cannot solve your problems or help to resolve the issues surrounding your circumstance. All I can do is pray that God will continue to draw you into His Loving Embrace and will show you the steps if any that you need to take.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dog had an accident, slipped in it, won't get up

Searching for an emergency vet, but need a miracle because no money for the vet

I don't know what to do

He is not my dog, but I am seen as the cause

So sorry to hear this Fluffy, are you dog watching? Is the dog conscious?
Call any vet near you, tell them what happened and ask what you should do. They might know what is wrong and why the dog is not getting up. He/she could have had a seizure, or a vestibular attack...my one dog has had 2 bouts of it within a year.
Praying.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry to hear this Fluffy, are you dog watching? Is the dog conscious?
Call any vet near you, tell them what happened and ask what you should do. They might know what is wrong and why the dog is not getting up. He/she could have had a seizure, or a vestibular attack...my one dog has had 2 bouts of it within a year.
Praying.
Sort of, strange situation. It's uncomfortable.

He's awake and laying on an inconsistency pad (he has no control over anything, and it's getting hard on me to clean up because owner expects me to clean him.. All the way) and I have him wrapped in a blanket in case he was stressed.

He won't drink much. I think he is just old. Clinic said I need the hospital, the pet hospital charges way too much.

And with all of the accusations and reminders of how bad of a person I am and how hated today, more frequently, I really wish someone would take over for me

I want someone else to do it so bad

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sort of, strange situation. It's uncomfortable.

He's awake and laying on an inconsistency pad (he has no control over anything, and it's getting hard on me to clean up because owner expects me to clean him.. All the way) and I have him wrapped in a blanket in case he was stressed.

He won't drink much. I think he is just old. Clinic said I need the hospital, the pet hospital charges way too much.

And with all of the accusations and reminders of how bad of a person I am and how hated today, more frequently, I really wish someone would take over for me

I want someone else to do it so bad

Well first off, please do NOT take to heart a single word that you are a bad person and hated, you are not, you are a loved precious child of God!
This is NOT your fault! We don't even know what is wrong with him yet.
Is the dogs owner near? They should be taking the dog to the vet, it really sounds like a stroke of some kind or the vestibular. They call that the "old dogs disease".
They can look like they are drunk even, when they try to get up and walk...their balance is way off and they can get very dizzy. Keep him still and warm.
I'm praying for you.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well first off, please do NOT take to heart a single word that you are a bad person and hated, you are not, you are a loved precious child of God!
This is NOT your fault! We don't even know what is wrong with him yet.
Is the dogs owner near? They should be taking the dog to the vet, it really sounds like a stroke of some kind or the vestibular. They call that the "old dogs disease".
They can look like they are drunk even, when they try to get up and walk...their balance is way off and they can get very dizzy. Keep him still and warm.
I'm praying for you.

Thank you, @Nancy

He can't get up at all. He won't drink or eat. I am certain he won't make it through the night.

Called the vet, won't take him because it's an emergency.

Called the hospital and they won't take new dogs.

It's his time.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, @Nancy

He can't get up at all. He won't drink or eat. I am certain he won't make it through the night.

It's his time.

Just trust in God, sister, and cast your anxieties on Him. Tell the owner you did you best, and He will take care of you.

Emergency vets likely wouldn't be able to help him much anyway, and it's a colossal amount of money for nothing. I spent over two grand trying to save a black lab I had, and it didn't do anything but empty my pocketbook. So sit tight and pray and trust the Lord to take care of you, and hopefully the dog as well. This is why it is important to always be living for Him, and you just told me you were observing sabbath. Remind yourself of all the things you do to love for God, and trust Him that He knows it and will take care of you accordingly.

I will log off and maybe go do some praying too. I could use a little more prayer and a little less debating anyway.

God bless, and trust God.
Chris

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, @Nancy

It's his time.
Just pet him . It sounds like his time is up dear sister .

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, @Nancy

It's his time.

I'm sorry Fluff,
What HIH and Amigo said was perfectly wise. And I will add to the motion also; Trust God.
Praying for comfort

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks all. I prayed God would take him and not let him suffer.

I believe he suffered a stroke. The dog has passed and he has been taken to his resting place.

The real one suffering is the owner. I don't believe he has ever had to see it before and considers the dog to have been "the only thing he had in his life"- so I ask that he is kept in prayer. He is not OK.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe he suffered a stroke. The dog has passed and he has been taken to his resting place.

The real one suffering is the owner. I don't believe he has ever had to see it before and considers the dog to have been "the only thing he had in his life"- so I ask that he is kept in prayer. He is not OK.
Praying for the dog's owner. I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet.

Also praying for you and your situation, Fluffy. You shouldn't have to take that kind of abuse. I hope that's okay.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

May God comfort him now in his loss!