Earth, Created to stand forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is speaking about God

Revelation 15:4 (ASV)
4 Who shall not fear, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy; for all the nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy righteous acts have been made manifest.

This is talking about the sainst

Revelation 3:9 (KJV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

(Rev. 3:9) is God forcing upon those who are His enemies to acknowledge those that are the real sons of God. It is not worship in that they are coming to worship because they see something that should be worshipped.

The believer is to reject any worship attributed to him as though he is worthy and should be worshipped. satan on the other hand gets worship any way he can.

Stranger

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Rev. 3:9) is God forcing upon those who are His enemies to acknowledge those that are the real sons of God. It is not worship in that they are coming to worship because they see something that should be worshipped.

The believer is to reject any worship attributed to him as though he is worthy and should be worshipped. satan on the other hand gets worship any way he can.

Stranger

LOL. You can't accept what it say, so you come up with an explanation that has nothing to do with what that scripture clearly say. Both those scriptures that I posted are similar to each other, excepting that one is speaking about God and the other about the saints. Revelation 3:9 is a future event, when the saints have been gloried. They are not seeking to be worshiped, but it's an honor they will receive from those who they are ruling.

Here's what the word that is translated worship in those two verses(Revelation 3:9, Revelation 15:4) in the Greek means.

Worship: προσκυνέω - proskyneō = to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore)

Believe it or not, the truth is clear to those who are willing to recieve it.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
The saints get both eternal and immortality. (1 Cor. 15:53-54)

Stranger

An immortal body but a life that is eternal, which God had possessed from eternity....God is giving it to His people. It makes no sense to be in the image of God and not have the same potention that one God has.....that is what it means to be in the image of God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. You can't accept what it say, so you come up with an explanation that has nothing to do with what that scripture clearly say. Both those scriptures that I posted are similar to each other, excepting that one is speaking about God and the other about the saints. Revelation 3:9 is a future event, when the saints have been gloried. They are not seeking to be worshiped, but it's an honor they will receive from those who they are ruling.

Here's what the word that is translated worship in those two verses(Revelation 3:9, Revelation 15:4) in the Greek means.

Worship: προσκυνέω - proskyneō = to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore)

Believe it or not, the truth is clear to those who are willing to recieve it.

Sorry pardner, but no one is going to be worshipping you. Disappointed?

In (Rev. 3:9) They are not seeking to be worshipped and this is only for those who have been persecuted by that synagogue of satan. God is forcing their persecutors to acknowledge that the ones they have been persecuting are indeed the sons of God. Such a 'worship' is brief as these will be eventually cast into the Lake of Fire. Do you think it is worship for those who are forced to do it. It is not true worship. It is forced.

Again, pay attention, the believer rejects any such worship from any credible beings. (Rev. 19:10) "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. "

You are mistaken in that believers will have the ability to create life and will be worshipped. Such a statement is satanic in its origin. "I will be like the Most High".

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An immortal body but a life that is eternal, which God had possessed from eternity....God is giving it to His people. It makes no sense to be in the image of God and not have the same potention that one God has.....that is what it means to be in the image of God.

Just because we are in the image of God, are sons of God, does not make us God. And only God and Jesus Christ are to be worshipped.

Stranger

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Sorry pardner, but no one is going to be worshipping you. Disappointed?

In (Rev. 3:9) They are not seeking to be worshipped and this is only for those who have been persecuted by that synagogue of satan. God is forcing their persecutors to acknowledge that the ones they have been persecuting are indeed the sons of God. Such a 'worship' is brief as these will be eventually cast into the Lake of Fire. Do you think it is worship for those who are forced to do it. It is not true worship. It is forced.

Again, pay attention, the believer rejects any such worship from any credible beings. (Rev. 19:10) "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. "

You are mistaken in that believers will have the ability to create life and will be worshipped. Such a statement is satanic in its origin. "I will be like the Most High".

Stranger
Sorry pardner, but no one is going to be worshippin g you. Disappointed?

Stranger

In oher words, you can't accept what Revelation 3:9 is sayong because it does against what you have been lead to believe. As for Revelation 19:10. Angels were not made to be worshiped by human beings, because human were made in God's image. They(angels) are just servants, unlike human beings who were made to rule.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In oher words, you can't accept what Revelation 3:9 is sayong because it does against what you have been lead to believe. As for Revelation 19:10. Angels were not made to be worshiped by human beings, because human were made in God's image. They(angels) are just servants, unlike human beings who were made to rule.

In (Rev. 19:10) I do not believe it is an angelic being. He says clearly that "I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus" To be of Johns brethren is to be either Jewish or Christian.

I do not accept what you are saying (Rev. 3:9) says because it in no way indicates believers are to be worshipped. The ones worshipping are not coming to adore the believers. They are being dragged by God and forced to acknowledge that the ones they persecuted are the ones God loves.

There is only One who is worthy of worship. That is God, and Jesus Christ The Son. Worship is dangerous to all others if it is ever directed toward them. Neither fallen or unfallen angel, or fallen and redeemed man, can be worshipped without it destroying the individual.

I can see where you are wanting this to go. You state first that man will have the ability to create life. You state that man will be worshipped like God. Thus you probably have some idea that man will create others and they in turn will worship him. As I said, such ideas are satanic in origin. "I will be like the Most High".

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you think it means to be in God's image?

It means we are created in the very image of God. In our shape, in our being a three part being, in all that makes a person a person. Seeing, hearing, smelling, reasoning, feeling, love, hate, grief, joy.

Stranger

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
It means we are created in the very image of God. In our shape, in our being a three part being, in all that makes a person a person. Seeing, hearing, smelling, reasoning, feeling, love, hate, grief, joy.

Stranger

In our shape??? God doesn't have a body.....so that's false right there. The word, who was God and became Jesus didn't have a body untill He became a human being. Angels also see, hear,, reasoning, feeling, love, hate, grief, joy, but they are not in God's image. Even animals, can smell, but animals are not in God's image.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
In (Rev. 19:10) I do not believe it is an angelic being. He says clearly that "I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus" To be of Johns brethren is to be either Jewish or Christian.

I do not accept what you are saying (Rev. 3:9) says because it in no way indicates believers are to be worshipped. The ones worshipping are not coming to adore the believers. They are being dragged by God and forced to acknowledge that the ones they persecuted are the ones God loves.

There is only One who is worthy of worship. That is God, and Jesus Christ The Son. Worship is dangerous to all others if it is ever directed toward them. Neither fallen or unfallen angel, or fallen and redeemed man, can be worshipped without it destroying the individual.

I can see where you are wanting this to go. You state first that man will have the ability to create life. You state that man will be worshipped like God. Thus you probably have some idea that man will create others and they in turn will worship him. As I said, such ideas are satanic in origin. "I will be like the Most High".

Stranger

Do you realize that John was imprisoned on the Island of Patmos? No other believers were with him. God simply sent an angel to tell John the things he told him. So just because it says fellow servant, doesn't mean it was another human being who happened to be a believer.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you realize that John was imprisoned on the Island of Patmos? No other believers were with him. God simply sent an angel to tell John the things he told him. So just because it says fellow servant, doesn't mean it was another human being who happened to be a believer.

That doesn't matter that John was on the island of Patmos. He was taken up either bodily or in the spirit to heaven. (Rev. 4:1) It doesn't just say 'fellow servant'. It says "and of they brethren". This can only mean either Jewish or Christian.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our shape??? God doesn't have a body.....so that's false right there. The word, who was God and became Jesus didn't have a body untill He became a human being. Angels also see, hear,, reasoning, feeling, love, hate, grief, joy, but they are not in God's image. Even animals, can smell, but animals are not in God's image.

No, that is not false. Just because God does not have a body doesn't mean He doesn't have shape. God has a shape. (John 5:37) "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." And, that shape is the shape of man. The perfect expression of which is Jesus Christ. (Heb. 1:3) "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person...."

Angels are not a three part being. They are spirit beings alone. And, I don't believe they have reasoning, or feeling such as love, hate, grief, joy, as man does. They may have it to a degree, but not as man. Yes, you are correct...animals are not in God's image. No argument there.

Stranger

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
That doesn't matter that John was on the island of Patmos. He was taken up either bodily or in the spirit to heaven. (Rev. 4:1) It doesn't just say 'fellow servant'. It says "and of they brethren". This can only mean either Jewish or Christian.

Stranger

The only human being in Heaven is Jesus, this is why the resurrection from the dead is necessary. The scriptures tells us that only when Jesus returns will the dead in Christ will be resurrected. If any other human being was alive in Heaven, then the person wouldn't be dead.

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
No, that is not false. Just because God does not have a body doesn't mean He doesn't have shape. God has a shape. (John 5:37) "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." And, that shape is the shape of man. The perfect expression of which is Jesus Christ. (Heb. 1:3) "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person...."

Angels are not a three part being. They are spirit beings alone. And, I don't believe they have reasoning, or feeling such as love, hate, grief, joy, as man does. They may have it to a degree, but not as man. Yes, you are correct...animals are not in God's image. No argument there.

Stranger

The word that is translated Shape, in the Greek means view. It's not talking about a physical shape or form, because God is Spirit so He doesn't have a body.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only human being in Heaven is Jesus, this is why the resurrection from the dead is necessary. The scriptures tells us that only when Jesus returns will the dead in Christ will be resurrected. If they were alive in Heaven, then they wouldn't be dead.

At this present time, there are many believers in heaven. And once John was taken up to heaven to view other future things to occur, the Church was present in heaven as represented by the 24 elders. (Rev. 4:4-5,10-11).

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word that is translated Shape, in the Greek means view. It's not talking about a physical shape or form, because God is Spirit so He doesn't have a body.

Pay attention. I didn't say God had a body. He does have shape as Christ said. And shape means shape, form, appearance, view, all of which speaks to shape.

And of course God does have a body now in the Person of Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Last edited: