Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter, the most important time of year on the Christian calendar, as we remember the price Jesus paid for us on that cross, so that we can have a bridge to eternal life, as we remember His blood shed, that we may be cleansed and our sins forgiven, and as we remember the stone rolled away, the resurrection, the victory over death.

Easter is a celebration of LIFE, Easter is celebration that Jesus is Alive and Easter is a celebration that Jesus saves, Hallelujah.

So Easter services are obviously looking different this year, as most will be streaming online, here is one I just listened to with my parents, a Good Friday service, we have been watching the last few services from this bunch, ever since restrictions came into place.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will be hard to have a good Easter. It is hard just caring right now, I want my life back, I want to have normal again, freedom again, the Eucharist again. :(

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe in the Real Presence as such we can not do the Eucharist at home on our own. You see to us it is so much more than mere remembrance, the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ so there is no Priest to consecrate the elements. All though is not lost for us because our Priest got permission from the Bishop to get Eucharist packages and will consecrate them and give them to us but it is taking forever to get them because of the shipping so we will miss out for Easter

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Easter is a celebration of LIFE, Easter is celebration that Jesus is Alive and Easter is a celebration that Jesus saves, Hallelujah.
Correct. The resurrection of Christ was the greatest event in human history. And because of the power and authority of the Risen Lord and the Holy Spirit, the apostles and their companions turned the world upside down.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We believe in the Real Presence as such we can not do the Eucharist at home on our own. You see to us it is so much more than mere remembrance, the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ so there is no Priest to consecrate the elements. All though is not lost for us because our Priest got permission from the Bishop to get Eucharist packages and will consecrate them and give them to us but it is taking forever to get them because of the shipping so we will miss out for Easter

What about Orthodox Easter, Orthodox Easter is the week after, maybe your Priest could arrange Eucharist around then.

Either way, don't let that spoil your Easter, all is not lost, when you have got Jesus. Why not go read the Easter story. :)

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It will be hard to have a good Easter. It is hard just caring right now, I want my life back, I want to have normal again, freedom again, the Eucharist again. :(

Be at peace brother, all things work for the good of those who love God.

I too mourn for thw closing of thw banquet halll doors, and I pray that this is temporary so that others might yet come to the feast...

Our Lord reigns! And who can argue with His judgements..

May the peace and love of our Lord, Jesus Christ, fill you always!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Passover

The avenging angel passed over the homes of God's people because they were marked with sacrificial blood and when Jesus passed the cup at the last supper and spoke those imortal words he knew that the old order of things was coming to an end and that the new order was about to begin.

The need for the blood of lambs on the door posts for protection from God's wrath has now been replaced by the need for the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God, to be in our hearts. That is now the only protection there is available to mankind in order to be reconciled with God and protected from his mighty wrath against sin.

After the first Passover God brought his people out of slavery and captivity and the same is true today for those whose hearts are marked with the blood of the Lamb; we are brought out from the 'Egypt' which is the world and no longer slaves and captives to the world's demands but brought into the Kingdom of God where there is light instead of darkness and joy instead of misery.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Passover

The avenging angel passed over the homes of God's people because they were marked with sacrificial blood and when Jesus passed the cup at the last supper and spoke those imortal words he knew that the old order of things was coming to an end and that the new order was about to begin.

The need for the blood of lambs on the door posts for protection from God's wrath has now been replaced by the need for the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God, to be in our hearts. That is now the only protection there is available to mankind in order to be reconciled with God and protected from his mighty wrath against sin.

After the first Passover God brought his people out of slavery and captivity and the same is true today for those whose hearts are marked with the blood of the Lamb; we are brought out from the 'Egypt' which is the world and no longer slaves and captives to the world's demands but brought into the Kingdom of God where there is light instead of darkness and joy instead of misery.

We celebrated passover Wednesday by eating lamb, and hanging a red scarf over our door, we don't usually take part in Jewish celebrations, but this year is significant in a way, and apparently it's the first time for the Israelites since the 10 plagues, that they are staying inside.

And tonight we had fish for Good Friday dinner. :)

Thank God, for the power in the blood of Jesus. ;)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know some don't like to, but we also like to eat chocolate during Easter, does anyone else? We got some Ferrero Rocher Easter eggs in the fridge, they are only small, but they are absolutely delicious.

Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone. (I have already finished my chocolate Easter bunny) sweet but yummy. :D

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter, the most important time of year on the Christian calendar, as we remember the price Jesus paid for us on that cross, so that we can have a bridge to eternal life, as we remember His blood shed, that we may be cleansed and our sins forgiven, and as we remember the stone rolled away, the resurrection, the victory over death.

So Easter services are obviously looking different this year, as most will be streaming online, here is one I just listened to with my parents, a Good Friday service, we have been watching the last few services from this bunch, ever since restrictions came into place.

I don't get excited about easter as it has nothing at all to do with the death and resurrection of Jesus. That took place during Passover week which is not at Easter.

Reactions: APAK

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The New Testament church survived and flourished without Easter and the eucharist so why can't you?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We celebrated passover Wednesday by eating lamb, and hanging a red scarf over our door, we don't usually take part in Jewish celebrations, but this year is significant in a way, and apparently it's the first time for the Israelites since the 10 plagues, that they are staying inside.

And tonight we had fish for Good Friday dinner. :)

Thank God, for the power in the blood of Jesus. ;)

What has fish got to do with the death and resurrection of Christ?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about Orthodox Easter, Orthodox Easter is the week after, maybe your Priest could arrange Eucharist around then.

Either way, don't let that spoil your Easter, all is not lost, when you have got Jesus. Why not go read the Easter story. :)

Which goes to show Jesus was crucified twice. Once for the protestant Easter and once for the Orthodox easter.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct. The resurrection of Christ was the greatest event in human history. And because of the power and authority of the Risen Lord and the Holy Spirit, the apostles and their companions turned the world upside down.

It was nothing of the kind. Easter was the pagan festival taken on by the church and which celebrated fertility hence the eggs.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Actually I remember the price Jesus paid every day. I don't need a commercial event and eating chocolate eggs to do that.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marksman

I believe God honours the celebration, and we are feasting to celebrate Jesus, to celebrate life, it's a tradition to eat fish on Good Friday, this may not be the main reason, but when we read the Bible there are quite a few miracles involving fish and it would seem Jesus did have quite a liking for fish.

Peter, John and James were struggling to catch fish all night, then Jesus tells them to drop the net in the water, they fill their nets to breaking point and fill up both boats nearly to point of sinking, Jesus then tells them now you will be fishers of men.

Jesus also fed the multitudes twice, first time he fed the 5000 with the 5 loaves and 2 fish, the second time 4000 people with 7 loaves and fishes.

There is then the miraculous catch of fish after Jesus's resurrection, like the 1st miraculous catch, Peter, Thomas, Nathanael, James, John and 2 others went fishing in the evening and caught nothing that night, the following morning Jesus asked of they had caught anything, Jesus then instructed them to throw their net to the right side of the boat, they caught 153 fish, this is when of course Peter realized it was the Lord.

So it's quite symbolic in a way.

And yeah Chocolate, well who says we cannot enjoy a sweet treat during Easter? :D

I could be wrong but I think the origin of the word Easter comes from feast. And as Christians we are feasting to celebrate Jesus, of course the passover feasts are also involved around it.

As a matter of fact, Did you know in the modern day, the witches absolutely hate Christians celebrating Easter, so we must be doing something right, and they absolutely hate Easter Sunday, Resurrection Sunday is like the worst day of the year for them.

So let's keep celebrating Easter! ;)