Enough already!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would those of you who have a deep-seated hatred of the Roman Catholic church please just keep it to yourselves?

So far, not one of you has shown that he knows what he is talking about and, just to let you know, when you practice lying, slandering and other bigoted, ignorant, and obnoxious behaviors toward the RCC, you become accomplished and expert liars, slanderers and obnoxious bigots.

Apparently you have no idea how very nasty you sound.

And that's the example you give to the unsaved world.

Which is why they have no problem comparing Christians to Muslim terrorists. You both make the same kind of noises.

So why would any Catholic who hears or reads your nasty, bigoted, ignorant, rants want to become a "Christian" just like you???

So, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put a sock in it and try acting like Jesus filled your heart with love.

Thank you.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
iakov said:
Would those of you who have a deep-seated hatred of the Roman Catholic church please just keep it to yourselves?

So far, not one of you has shown that he knows what he is talking about and, just to let you know, when you practice lying, slandering and other bigoted, ignorant, and obnoxious behaviors toward the RCC, you become accomplished and expert liars, slanderers and obnoxious bigots.

Which is why they have no problem comparing Christians to Muslim terrorists. You both make the same kind of noises.

So why would any Catholic who hears or reads your nasty, bigoted, ignorant, rants want to become a "Christian" just like you???

So, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put a sock in it and try acting like Jesus filled your heart with love.

Thank you.
I agree iakov, but sadly some RCC are just as derisive. Best to just support your views WITH scripture and NOT try to defend RCC dogma.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Disagreement with the Roman church is based on a few things..one being it's violent past when it actually killed real Christians, and others who would not follow it's pagan based religion.

The other thing is the Roman church failure to follow the Bible in such things as calling priests "father" and popes "holy father" in violation of Jesus instructions in the Bible in Matthew 23...then there is purgatory, statues being worshipped in violation of the second commandment and the list goes on and on..and then of course read Jesus words in Revelation 17 in which describes the Roman church very well, and refers to it as a "harlot"...so you see Lakov, it is not individuals who condemn this Roman institution, but the Bible itself which exposes the fallacy of Roman church doctrine...Is the pope really infallible?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iakov said:

Thank you.
I have suggested time and time again for the team here to have congregational forums...

Messianic
Orthodox
Catholic
Denominational Protestant
Wesley / Pentecostal
Charismatic / Word of Faith

I have known too many Catholic people who I regard as friends who have quit CB due to all the anti-Catholic talk, which is unfortunate. We should have a single forum to discuss our differences and not make the whole CB that way.

Jan 11, 2016
Would be nice if they had a forum specifically for Catholics and protestants to discuss objections.

Rather than stepping into peaceful threads and hijacking them with unmitigated bigotry and trolling.

I'm not here to proselytize, but if you come out of nowhere and start throwing mud I have to defend myself and faith.

Might be hard for some protestant friends to believe, but there are informed Catholics and Orthodox out there, and it looks like a few of them are on this site.

Have a blessed day

Jan 11, 2016
StanJ said:
I agree iakov, but sadly some RCC are just as derisive. Best to just support your views WITH scripture and NOT try to defend RCC dogma.
I personally, use a lot of scripture, but Catholics and Orthodox don't see through your scripture alone lens.

And you are setting a standard not even found in the bible itself.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If Catholic members use church teaching in their arguments I don't see any way to avoid conflict. The Catholics will not stop using church teachings cause it is deeply ingrained in their beliefs. Then you know the Protestants will not let it slide when someone makes an argument from the authority of the RCC.

Since the conflicts are unavoidable we can only try to keep them civil.

Reactions: Born_Again

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
What makes you think that supporting views with scripture and defending RCC dogma are mutually exclusive with respect to the RCC but, apparently, not with respect to Protestantism?

I don't think that the Immaculate conception or purgatory are supported by scripture but, neither do I find scriptural support for the widely held Protestant dogmas like the "rapture" or "once saved, always saved."

My point is that the constant flow of nastiness directed at the RCC by proclaimed Christians contradicts the notion that one can identify Christians by their love.

Jesus died for mankind while mankind was still His enemy. If anyone calls Him their Lord then they should also imitate Him. I believe that's what scripture teaches.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Disagreement with the Roman church is based on a few things..one being it's violent past when it actually killed real Christians, and others who would not follow it's pagan based religion.

The other thing is the Roman church failure to follow the Bible in such things as calling priests "father" and popes "holy father" in violation of Jesus instructions in the Bible in Matthew 23...then there is purgatory, statues being worshipped in violation of the second commandment and the list goes on and on..and then of course read Jesus words in Revelation 17 in which describes the Roman church very well, and refers to it as a "harlot"...so you see Lakov, it is not individuals who condemn this Roman institution, but the Bible itself which exposes the fallacy of Roman church doctrine...Is the pope really infallible?
I'm not talking about "disagreement." I'm talking about lies, slander and general religious bigotry.

"Father:" Paul called himself a "father" and you call your male parent "father."

Purgatory: I no less "unscriptural than the "rapture" teaching or "once saved always saved."

No RC "worships" statues. Saying that they do reveals a level of ignorance which should cause you to be embarrassed for opening your mouth and making such an ignorant statement.

Rev 17 describes the financial system of the world. It is ignorant religious bigots who (apparently) intentionally misinterpret that passage or just repeat what pleases them that they heard from some other religious bigot.

It is individuals who twist and profane scripture and reality to support their hatred and bigotry who condemn the RCC.

It is people who pretend that they are good Christians by hating and lying about what they do not understand. It is people who have the religious perspective as the jihadists of ISIS that go out of their way to say nasty things about people that they don't know.

If you can't love your neighbor then pleas just shut up about your religious bigotry. Keep it to yourself. I don't want your dog coming over and dumping on my lawn and I don't want your ignorant, hateful, bigoted opinion either.

Someone you should meet said to love your neighbor as yourself.

And, by the way, Protestants actually killed just as many "real" Christians a the RCC. Look up what Oliver Cromwell did and then what good, Protestant "real" Christians did to the Irish for 400 years. If you bother to do so, it will dispel some of the ignorant propaganda about the RCC killing "real" Christians that you have recited above.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rockytopva said:
I have known too many Catholic people who I regard as friends who have quit CB due to all the anti-Catholic talk, which is unfortunate. We should have a single forum to discuss our differences and not make the whole CB that way.
It would be good for Christians, alleged and actual, to discuss their differences without condemning each other for their understanding or misunderstanding. It is an unfortunate reality that there are those who are more dedicated to their hatreds and bigotries than to being conformed to Christ who loves ALL mankind.

Respect and love from those who call themselves Christian draws people.
Hatred and bigotry drives them away.

I sometimes feel like I have mistakenly walked into a KKK meeting as a black Jew with free rosary beads to pass out rather than a Christian forum.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
If Catholic members use church teaching in their arguments I don't see any way to avoid conflict. The Catholics will not stop using church teachings cause it is deeply ingrained in their beliefs. Then you know the Protestants will not let it slide when someone makes an argument from the authority of the RCC.

Catholics are as able to use scripture to defend their beliefs as are Protestants. They do not use "ONLY" church teaching.
Along those lines, I would include the teaching of the "rapture" and "once saved always save" the Protest ant equivalent to what you call RCC "church teachings."

There is a long Protestant tradition of reviling everything Roman which arose out of the wars of the reformation and are the rough equivalent of the anti-Japanese and German propaganda produced by the allies during WW2. The difference is that the allies got over it and Protestants didn't.

It would be a great benefit to the Church, the manifest presence of the Kingdom of God on earth, if the subjects of the King would be civil and obey the King's command that we love one another.

And, just as a reminder for us all: Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends;

and

Luke 10:25-28
And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
He said to him, "What is written in the law? How do you read?"
And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."
And he said to him, "You have answered right; do this, and you will live."

Being "civil" includes acting like we believe that those scriptures are given to us to be guides the standard for our lives.

That's my church's teaching and, no, I'm not there yet, but like Vincent's partner Jules, I'm trying.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
lforrest said:

I agree with your statement iforrest. Keeping debates/discussions civil is the best way to deal with conflicts between denominations. We have had many such conflicts over the years here @ CyB and I can affirm that the RCC members have also been just as vitriol in their approach toward other denominations so It's not a one off issue that's suddenly appeared overnight.

It has been the opinion of this board that the Catholic and Orthodox churches are Christian however, as per SoF, there may be differences in opinion, doctrine and tradition.
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17009-statement-of-faith-christian-board-christian-forum/

Such differences will ignite hot debate. That is a given. You can choose to engage in debates or discussions or you can bail out but you must keep it civil as per forum rules or you could incur warning points and possibly time out from this forum or a ban.

You may also like to keep in mind our forum rules ~

By posting at or utilizing any of the features of this forum community, you acknowledge your acceptance of the following forum rules.

Denominational Posts – Excessive posts either attempting to either push a single denomination (or group) or attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

The biggest problem we seemed to have encountered in the past has been the excessive posts attempting to push a single denominations dogma.

Our team has discussed congregational forums but decided not to go in that direction for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that we do not have a big enough membership base nor the the staff needed to moderate each individual forum and we decided not to follow the same lines as CF whose members number in the hundreds of thousands. :) [otherwise we're gonna have to start paying people]

BB.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iakov said:

Thank you.
Two great and hilarious quotes.... first I'm pretty sure that when a muslim thinks of the evils of christianity, he'll be referrining to the RCC. why? History.

Second, I loved that second part! Its true though. Catholics are not Christians. And if they want to be good Catholics they should absolutely stay away from Christianity!

Now all kidding aside. I don't know if there is language barriers involved. But aren't catholics Christians?

If so, when I hear a catholic apoligize fir centuries of murder, theft, torture, rape (yes! You read it right) and many other heinous crimes not to nention teaching false doctrine.... then they can issue their complaints about others.

Reactions: Born_Again
Status
Not open for further replies.