Error of Once Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Paul, if I may ... Taken, He's saying that's total Donkey Snot.

Whoever abides in Jesus does not sin intentionally. They strive to obey the 10 Commandments via that same Holy Spirit. You all can argue, til the cows come home, that it's not technically what it says/means, but it wouldn't be possible for James 3:2 to tell us "we all stumble (offend the Holy Spirit) often" if it weren't exactly what John meant by that verse.

The preposterous position, of OSAS mind you (among so many), is that once you are saved, you are always saved and you never sin again, and if you do, it doesn't condemn you, it just takes some of your toys and treats in heaven away.

Curious...what does 1 John 3:9 mean to you?

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, I asked a simple yes or no question of you. As I'm sure you well know, John also says, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" (1 John 1:8).

Grace and peace to you.

Why is 1 John 1:8 relevant? Has ANYONE said they HAVE no sin?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.
What is the Spirit of God IN you doing while you are sinning Against God?
Being offended and convicting us inside about our stumbling.

Just as James 3:2 says it is.

Do you imagine the Spirit binds us from having free will once we are saved?

The Holy Spirit doesn't act as a demonic spirit possessing its host and not allowing them to do as they wish. He has no need to force anyone to do anything as the devil's armies do.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious...what does 1 John 3:9 mean to you?

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
I already answered that. It's talking about not being able to sin intentionally.

You, and the majority of OSAS warriors on all Christian forums, are delusional if you believe that a Christian ever comes to a point of not being capable of ever sinning again. It is literally beyond ignorance to make those claims and try so dang hard to sell that to Christians everywhere.

It is nonsense and there is no Scriptural teaching of that whatsoever beyond the few verses you are misinterpreting.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mm-hmm and you, and all your OSAS/Calvinism brethren, don't understand it.

Brotherhood is precisely established among the Sav-ED.

You choose doctrine that fits your lifestyles.

To accomplish Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth, I Apply Scriptural Doctrine to me that ACTUALLY applies to me....and Scriptural Words of Truth that apply to the non-Converted, unbelievers, etc. I do not apply to me.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.
What is the Spirit of God IN you doing while you are sinning Against God?
So you believe in once saved always saved? So even if you commit a sin you’re not dinning because God dwells in you?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s okay Scott I love our lord Jesus Christ and worship him and the Father, but I’m human and still commit sin.
And it is okay to be in that place...just so long as you do not preach or mislead others to misrepresent the truth of what was finished in Christ at the cross.

But since you have not reconciled what seems to be contrary to what John has spoke as the truth from God--if you are willing: You are not alone in your logic that what is more than obviously ongoing sin, leaves questions unanswered--or perhaps better answered by what is also written that appears to be saying just the opposite.

The problem with doing that though, is that of denying that the whole word of God is true and harmonious. Which, in all reasonability should prove that path to be one of error--as both must be true, as God is true.

So, then, what of the sin that does not seem to stop with the rest of the changes that come upon one who comes to believe in Christ? This is the mystery of what Paul only eluded to referring to "we who are alive and remain" (in the world). If we are in Christ who has come to that place of saying "I am" rather than as many believe, saying, "if I persevere" then I can join Him fully and say the same, and that it is only then finished. Which is to say that Chris has knocked and come in, but such a person makes Him wait, or worse, join them in their continued sin until death over comes what He has already overcome--which is not at all what the gospels indicate. Still, how can such a one also say, "I am" also free of sin, when I still suffer with it?

This is that mystery--which is that to be "alive and remain", we remain on after it is all finished to continue in the work of Christ. As Paul said, "for me to live is Christ." Which is not to say that you continue in sin, but rather that you continue to see yourself acting as dead, after you have been made alive. Which mystery is not unlike that same one in which God first created for us to witness the "I am" of our sin--which was and is a mere "image" just as He said from the beginning. Thus, we are not those chosen to be a light upon a hill for the gentiles, but are the gentiles, of whom part are chosen to live on (alive and remain) within that created image as if existing in a mirror reflecting what we once were before Christ's victory on the cross, after which we can only say what John was honest to correct--that, No, we who are in Christ sin no more, but believing, are called upon to carry on under the burden of sin even though it has been fully taken from us and now only appears for the remainder of our time in service to God--over time service.

Yet, it is no mystery that there are those who will not believe the mystery that I have revealed until death of the body overcomes them...which is to delay the times until the fullness of the gentiles is complete. But knowing...which side of this mystery will you reside until the end? That is your choice.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being offended and convicting us inside about our stumbling.

The all powerful Spirit of God is “being offended” while His Spirit is dwelling “IN” you and you are Sinning Against God??

WOW, you have missed the Big Picture.

Just as James 3:2 says it is.

Do you imagine the Spirit binds us from having free will once we are saved?

I exercised my FREEWILL WHEN I laid down my Life unto bodily death, and gave God Complete Authority to Convert me according to His WAY and WILL.

His Complete Conversion is of no mystery. Upfront I knew Exactly what every single Works of God would establish within me ONCE and FOR EVER.

[QUOTE[ The Holy Spirit doesn't act as a demonic spirit possessing its host [/QUOTE]

WHAT an absurd thing to say!

and not allowing them to do as they wish. He has no need to force anyone to do anything as the devil's armies do.

What weird things you say!
No one has said or eluded to such absurd nonsense.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already answered that. It's talking about not being able to sin intentionally.

It’s says no such thing as “sinning intentionally” !

You, and the majority of OSAS warriors on all Christian forums, are delusional if you believe that a Christian ever comes to a point of not being capable of ever sinning again. It is literally beyond ignorance to make those claims and try so dang hard to sell that to Christians everywhere.

What would be an example of your “unintentional commission of sin” ?

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s say no such thing as “sinning intentionally” !

What would be an example of your “unintentional commission of sin” ?
Can you answer my question I asked above?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe in once saved always saved? So even if you commit a sin you’re not dinning because God dwells in you?

I expected an answer to my question....but instead your response was you asking two questions...

Yes I believe the Lord God Paid the Price for ALL mens Salvation.
Yes I believe for a man to possess his Gift of Salvation, that man must TAKE it, according to Gods WAY.
Yes I believe ONCE a man TAKES his Gift of Salvation, it is Permanent, Once and Forever.

Yes the Lord Gods Spirit dwells “WITHIN” me.
My sin against God, is forgiven, and I sin no more.
Forever God is WITH me.
Forever I am WITH God.
I Trust God is Faithful and True.

Heb 13:
[5] Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Glory to God,
Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, I asked a simple yes or no question of you. As I'm sure you well know, John also says, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" (1 John 1:8).

Grace and peace to you.
If you are going to pit one scripture against another as a condition of a yes or no question-- you are asking too much.

I can answer you, and have, and I can reconcile both. Perhaps you should restate your question in light of your own suggested differences stated by John.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one you just answered.
So you never swear or anything you are perfect?

Do I say things that may offend other people, probably so.
What does my relationship with other men have to do with SIN?

Am I perfect? Never claimed to be, still waiting for my own new body!
Mean while I am “perfect-ed”, residing in Jesus’ risen body.
What does that have to do with SIN?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GEN2REV
@
JohnPaul
@PinSeeker
@Taken

Okay...in an above post, I just announced a mystery of God not publicly known until now, and perhaps I should elaborate. Perhaps even in another thread.

The mystery that Paul eluded to was regarding those who are "alive and remain." Which is to say, those who have died to self as in the flesh, but are made alive in the Spirit to remain in the world as if left by Christ in what remains of sin, to be as Paul stated, "for me to live is Christ." In other words, being "alive and remaining" is to be as Christ continuing His work--"no longer those who lives, but Christ who lives in them."

It is this mystery that causes us to disagree about what would seem to be written both for and against, which is not, but rather misunderstood, and only hereto explained against others who would and have explained the matter differently, much as we now see here.

This mystery is not going to be understood by all who hear it any more than all here agree on this issue, nor is it going to be understood any more than the precedence that I will sight for example. Nonetheless, it will explain both:

The mystery and the issue are not unlike, but rather are the same from opposite ends of the times appointed to this subject of salvation, as it is written of those things that were "before the foundation of the world." Just as certain biblical facts have been explained in this way, as having been since the beginning or even "before" the foundation of the world...the matter that we are now discussing is of issue because it pertains to those things that fall "after" the foundation of the new heavens and new earth. Which, like their "before" counterparts, can only be fully understood by the knowledge of their true origin and place in those things of God, as exceptions to the timing and the things of this world.

This is the need for both "rightfully divide the word of truth" and "the renewing of your mind." If it were not true, He would have told us otherwise, but this He told us. Which is just a small part of what was promise and was appointed for our times regarding being led into "all truth."

And if you did not expect to be blown away... Why not? And why do some of you fight like Pharisees against the kingdom of God coming upon you? This is exactly what was promised!

So then...we are not to deny that Christ was slain before the foundation of the world, nor are we to deny that we "were" crucified and raised up with Him--but rather, we are to come to know that He who was before the foundation of the world has already taken the throne in spite of each event seemingly coming before or after the fact by those who have the minds of children. Likewise, if the word says those who are in Christ who comes "quickly", do not sin some millennia after He has achieve His victory--who are we to say otherwise? We are either foolish children slow to learn...or...we should likewise believe this is the way of things with God, even if not with men. And who is true--God, or men...men who can't see any further than their sin?
We have a choice. But just as many have not even embraced the idea of things the were before the foundation of the world--not even fully to embrace Christ who is named as such...these truths only come just as they are written, and "each in his own order" until the times are fulfilled. Leaving some of you to consider all truth as it was appointed, and some to delay the times. But if you understood what I have just told you--you would know better than to delay, for that time of no more delay has come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I say things that may offend other people, probably so.
What does my relationship with other men have to do with SIN?

Am I perfect? Never claimed to be, still waiting for my own new body!
Mean while I am “perfect-ed”, residing in Jesus’ risen body.
What does that have to do with SIN?
Swearing is a sin, so if you slip and use profanity you are sinning.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are going to pit one scripture against another as a condition of a yes or no question -- you are asking too much.
I'm not... "pitting one scripture against another," as if one contradicts the other.

I can answer you, and have, and I can reconcile both.
Well, either it was a non-answer, or an answer to a much different question than the one I asked. I asked you if you think it is possible in this life to cease sinning, to be sinless. It's a yes or no question, really. You did say quite a bit in response, but you never answered that question.

Perhaps you should restate your question in light of your own suggested differences stated by John.
I don't suggest any difference. I think that you are possibly ~ possibly ~ misunderstanding what John is saying in 1 John 3:6 when he says, "No one who abides in Him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen Him or known Him." So again, do you think it is possible in this life to cease sinning, to be sinless? The reason I ask that is because you seem to suggesting that John is instructing us to do something that he knows is quite impossible in this life ~ to cease sinning, to be sinless ~ considering the fact that he previously said (in 1 John 1:8), "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." I am suggesting to you that that's not really his instruction in 1 John 3:6.

Grace and peace to you.