Error of Once Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no once saved always saved, because the only ones 'once saved' are no more saved:

by grace ye are saved.

By grace we are being saved, not by grace we were once saved, or once 'got saved'.

There is only being saved, and obtaining eternal salvation by enduring and being saved unto the end.

Being saved by grace through faith and justified by grace through works is an ongoing salvation of becoming sons of God by the power of His Spirit.

There is no 'got saved' in Scripture, as a one-time event that is forever done and finished, which is why the good work begun of being saved must be finished to obtain salvation forever.

Salvation begins in the believer and if finished for the overcomer at the end of the race to be eternally saved by grace.

The only one time event for salvation of mankind is Christ's offering Himself on the cross in death for our sins once, which He need not yearly do as high priests of the OT.

But we are to die daily to sin, that we may live through Him unto eternal life.

If not, then we become once was saved and no more being saved:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

The only one once saved one is the one that was once saved, and is not now saved:

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The beast did live in Christ, but by going on still in trespasses was wounded to death in the head by God:

But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:

Saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

OSAS is the false healing for the wounded head of a beast that was once saved and did live for Christ, but is no more living through Christ nor being saved.

OSAS also teaches and warns everyone to be the same as the beast in sins and trespasses, lest they be not saved by righteousness and pride.

The only ones not ever saved in the OSAS book, are them that go on to perfection as sons of God to sin no more and do His righteousness at all times.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no once saved always saved, because the only ones 'once saved' are no more saved:

by grace ye are saved.

By grace we are being saved, not by grace we were once saved, or once 'got saved'.

There is only being saved, and obtaining eternal salvation by enduring and being saved unto the end.

Being saved by grace through faith and justified by grace through works is an ongoing salvation of becoming sons of God by the power of His Spirit.

There is no 'got saved' in Scripture, as a one-time event that is forever done and finished, which is why the good work begun of being saved must be finished to obtain salvation forever.

Salvation begins in the believer and if finished for the overcomer at the end of the race to be eternally saved by grace.

The only one time event for salvation of mankind is Christ's offering Himself on the cross in death for our sins once, which He need not yearly do as high priests of the OT.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

The only one once saved one is the one that was once saved, and is not now saved:

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The beast did live in Christ, but by going on still in trespasses was wounded to death in the head by God:

But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:

Saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

OSAS is the false healing for the wounded head of a beast that was once saved and did live for Christ, but is no more living through Christ nor being saved.

OSAS also teaches and warns everyone to be the same as the beast in sins and trespasses, lest they be not saved by righteousness and pride.

The only ones not ever saved in the OSAS book, are them that go on to perfection as sons of God to sin no more and do His righteousness at all times.
I have to agree with you on this, saying one is once saved always saved is like giving that person a green pass to commit sin.

As we are human and will always sin intentionally or unintentionally, so we must pray everyday for God's forgiveness and repent for our wrong doings, I'm by no means perfect and do sin, not that I want to, but it's human nature.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

by grace ye are saved.

Humans are all individuals, with their own individual Freewill to choose to hear, read, know, wonder, believe, disbelieve, understand, as they will at any given time.

Lumping ALL people together in a “WE” commentary is presumptuous on your part, AS IF, WHAT you believe APPLIES to all other people. It doesn’t.

The Law was given the Hebrews and thereafter the Tribes of Israel.
The Hebrews, and thereafter the Tribes Agreed to Obey the Law.
Sin is Violation Against the Law.
Where there is no Law, there is no Violation of the Law.
Where there is no Law, there is no Consequence for Violation of the Law.
...In determining “WE” are you a Hebrew? A Tribesman?
Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law.
The Law was Not Destroyed.
IF you be the “We” Hebrew or Tribesman, you can Accept Jesus’ fulfillment of the Law, or you can Continue Under the Law.
Thus you have a Division among the “WE”, Hebrews and Tribesmen, making their own individual Freewill choices.
IF being a Hebrew or Tribesman does NOT apply to you, then what DOES apply?
...In determining “WE” are you a Gentile?
* When and What Law was given a Gentile?
* When was determined at the time PAUL was appointed, agreed, sent out to teach the willing ears of the Gentiles.

Continued to page 2 of 3

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued; @robert derrick

Eph 3:
[8] Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Acts 13:
[2] As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

As a GENTILE, is your SIN violation Against the Law NOT given you?
As a GENTILE, WHAT is your SIN?
...I can NOT answer FOR YOU, but I CAN answer for myself.
* I am a Gentile.
* I was never Under the Hebrew, Jewish, Tribesman, Mosaic Law.
* I recognize the WITHIN the Mosaic Law, are PRECEPTS, of Gods Beneficial Teachings for Behaviors AMONG MEN.
* MY SIN, was established, as I was naturally being procreated via the seed of man.
* MY SIN, was manifested, the moment I was naturally born.
* MY SIN, increased, in my flesh body, in my soul within my body, AS my body grew AND my flesh had NO KNOWLEDGE of the Lord God.
** By and Through Gods Grace, Gods Plan, Gods Works...Historical men, and Paul particularly appointed and fulfilled his preaching of God, of Christ the Lord Jesus, his writings, for the benefit of the Gentiles inclusion...Knowledge OF the Lord God FOR me (a Gentile), was spoken, was taught, was recorded, was available for me to hear, learn, trust to believe, or not.
* Per exercising my OWN Freewill, as I continued to grow in stature, in curiosity, I elected to hear, listen, bits and pieces of Biblical teachings, and then increased to hear more, read more, study in depth, and learned the KEY, to UNDERSTANDING the wealth of KNOWLEDGE presented within the Scriptures.

* As a Gentile, NOT Under the Law (of Hebrews, Jews, Tribes of Israel), what exactly WAS the the BASICS OF MY SIN, since it be NOT Violation of the Law?
* TWO THINGS...
1) Natural birth from a mans corrupt seed.
2) Disbelief IN the Lord God Almighty.

My natural birth, I could not “change”.
My Belief, IS solely my Freewill to “change”.
** My Dilemma, HOWEVER, by Gods Grace, Gods Works, Gods Power and faithful men’s efforts...men spoke words, men set Pen to Paper, men copied, men printed, men distributed, orally and written Words of God, for my benefit.
My Benefit. Hear mens spoken words, having the Written words, to verify their spoken words are True According to God Himself.

* THE phenomenal exciting part of the Written Word of God, is it is ALL inclusive with Application to Every single Individual Ever naturally born upon this Earth.
* Since Every single natural born man IS an Individual with his own Freewill to Believe and Do as he chooses...That which APPLIES to one man does NOT APPLY to ALL men.
* POINT BEING...what APPLIES TO YOU, Applies to you, according to YOUR beliefs, YOUR doings. What APPLIES TO ME, Applies to me, according to MY beliefs, MY doings.
* WHAT or HOW you UNDERSTAND the knowledge IN Scripture, IS according to YOUR methods.
* WHAT or HOW I UNDERSTAND the knowledge IN Scripture, IS according to MY methods.
* I know NOT, YOUR method for CONCLUDING Understanding of the Knowledge written IN Scripture.
* I DO KNOW MY method for CONCLUDING Understanding of the Knowledge written IN Scripture.

* MY method, IS ASKING GOD for His Understanding, and TRUSTING His IS faithful to give me HIS Understanding of HIS provided Knowledge.

* My disagreement with YOUR claims and accusations, has very little to do with you, and a Great deal to do with my own freewill to read continually, study in depth, Ask God consistently for His Understanding of His provided Knowledge, to my utmost Trust and satisfaction.

Sin is Against God.
Against God, is Disbelief In God.
God is the Forgiver of Sin.
Gods Grace makes His Forgiveness of Sin Against Him Possible.

* My Sin WAS Against God.
* God, by His Grace Offered me, ( “according TO HIS WAY” ), Forgiveness of My SIN Against Him.
* God, by His Grace, through His Word; the Lord Jesus, Offered me, His WAY, to hear and learn ABOUT HIM.
* God, by His Grace, through His Wisdom, His SEED, and His Power; the Christ, Offered me, His WAY to RECEIVE HIS Salvation and Eternal Life.
* BY MY FREEWILL, I elected to RECEIVE HIS Offerings. (According to His WAY.)

* I ELECTED, to Receive During my physical lifetime, ALL the good and righteous Offerings, According to Gods WAY to Receive His Offerings DURING my physical lifetime.
* I am fully AWARE, God IS Spirit, and what God has GIVEN ME, IS Spiritual Gifts, and NOT manifested for Human earthly EYES TO physically See.

* I fully TRUST, Gods Gifts given me ARE Established PERMANENT Gifts, KEPT FOREVER unto me, BY the POWER OF GOD, IN ME, as I agreed and received, the Baptism of Gods Holy Spirit.

* Whereas YOU, may Believe YOU have Received Gods Gift of His Holy Spirit......IN YOU......HIS Gift of Salvation.....AND “preach YOU must do something” to KEEP His Spirit, KEEP His Gift of Salvation...IN you;
* I trust to believe, MY POWER, pales compared to Evil spirits present on this Earth, pales to Wicked men sitting in power seats present on this Earth....and Gods POWER IN ME, IS the SUPREME POWER over ALL things, ALL spirits, ALL men...and ACCORDING TO GODS WAY, His Spirit/Power IN ME, IS the Express Power that KEEPS ME “WITH” Him FOREVER.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued; @robert derrick

1 John 4:
[4] Ye are of God little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Eph 2:
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
John 10:
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

My SIN against God, was Forgiven by God. (Without regard to other men.)
My KEEPING “WITH” God FOREVER, is Effected by the POWER of God “IN” me. (Without regard to other men.)
Gods POWER IN me, FREED me from EVER Again being able to SIN (ie Disbelieve) Against God. (Without regard to other men.)

* NOT ONCE does Scripture teach, it is a SIN accounted to me FOR disbelieving IN Earthly men.
* Not ONCE does Scripture teach a GENTILE’s SIN is Against Earthly men.
* Not ONCE does Scripture teach Gentiles forgive each other of SIN.
* According to Gods Precepts, men forgive each other of TRESPASSES, men commit Against men!

IF YOU are in danger of losing your Salvation, it rests entirely on YOU NOT having reached out and taken and RECEIVED your Salvation that Jesus bought and paid for expressly FOR YOU.

* IF YOU studied the day of ADAM residing in the Garden, He was GIVEN the TREE OF LIFE, for him to reach out and TAKE and EAT of.
* IF YOU studied the day of JESUS residing on the Earth, He, the WORD Of God, was GIVEN for ALL men to reach out and TAKE and EAT of.

I have no responsibility for what YOU freely choose to reach out and TAKE and EAT of, or not.
You have no place of authority to dictate WHAT I have chosen to reach out and Take, and Eat thereof, Trust, Believe, Received, Possess, and Gods Power Keeps FOR ME forever.

I am not “subject to or bound by YOUR choices.”
IOW, your choices ONLY affect YOU, not me.

I am well aware of Scriptural Warnings, of men TASTING Gods Word, and the danger of refusing to EAT, Gods Word.
I am well aware of Scriptural Warnings, of men FAILING and FALLING from FAITH, because they rely on their own power, being VOID of the POWER of God “IN” them.
“IF” those circumstances APPLIED to me, I WOULD BE IN DANGER along with so many other men, of LOSING my Salvation.
However, those circumstances DO NOT APPLY to me. MY SALVATION was already Taken and Received, and remains SECURE by the POWER of God “IN” me. NOTHING whatsoever can change that!

AND BTW...being FREED from SIN....is not some mans silly IDEA or ludicrous ridiculous absurd claims....
that FREED FROM SIN, means SINLESS or means can freely SIN! :rolleyes:
Utter foolishness!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to agree with you on this, saying one is once saved always saved is like giving that person a green pass to commit sin.

That is the most utterly ridiculous man made nonsense.
Being Freed from SIN...is a persons pass to Commit SIN? :rolleyes:

LOL...FREED from SIN...is a person ASSURANCE he CAN NOT COMMIT SIN!

How easily men fall for man-made nonsense, to receive what IS (being Freed from Sin) and twist THAT into the utter opposite AS a PASS TO CONTINUE SINNING!

SIN requires no PASS or the silly notion of a LICENSE...
IF you are a natural born person, you were procreated from a mans SINFUL corrupt SEED.
IF you are a natural born person, your natural ACTS (without a pass or license) ARE/WERE Sinful!
IF you have Discovered, by, through, of the Grace and Power of God, YOUR natural SINS can be FORGIVEN, PROHIBITED....how exactly did you then determine....Forgiven and Prohibited means the complete OPPOSITE of Continuing to SIN?
Does such MINDFUL Reasoning, make you clueless, that you are effectively Making Gods Word...A LIE?
God FREES men FROM SIN...and you are preaching...God is granting men a PASS to commit SIN....which is NOT what Gods Word teaches.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the most utterly ridiculous man made nonsense.
Being Freed from SIN...is a persons pass to Commit SIN? :rolleyes:

LOL...FREED from SIN...is a person ASSURANCE he CAN NOT COMMIT SIN!

How easily men fall for man-made nonsense, to receive what IS (being Freed from Sin) and twist THAT into the utter opposite AS a PASS TO CONTINUE SINNING!

SIN requires no PASS or the silly notion of a LICENSE...
IF you are a natural born person, you were procreated from a mans SINFUL corrupt SEED.
IF you are a natural born person, your natural ACTS (without a pass or license) ARE/WERE Sinful!
IF you have Discovered, by, through, of the Grace and Power of God, YOUR natural SINS can be FORGIVEN, PROHIBITED....how exactly did you then determine....Forgiven and Prohibited means the complete OPPOSITE of Continuing to SIN?
Does such MINDFUL Reasoning, make you clueless, that you are effectively Making Gods Word...A LIE?
God FREES men FROM SIN...and you are preaching...God is granting men a PASS to commit SIN....which is NOT what Gods Word teaches.
Exactly brother, who concocts these rules?

Reactions: Taken

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

by grace ye are saved.

Have you always been of this opinion, Rob, or have you had a shift of belief?

Just curious, was thinking you used to support OSAS.

Nothing wrong with growing and changing. We are all a work in progress.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's put it in slightly different ~ more scriptural ~ terms:

Once one is born again of the Spirit and thus in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17).

There is then, therefore now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)

Therefore for these folks have become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

This is all according to the purpose of God, which cannot be thwarted (Job 42:2).

We have been sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:13-14)

So there is ~ can be ~ no going back, because the righteous will never be moved, as God will not allow it (Psalm 55:22; 112:6). God's righteousness endures forever (Psalm 111:3, 112:3).

To wrap this up, we would all do well to remember that the grass withers, and the flower fades, but the Word of our God endures forever (Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 1:25)

Grace and peace to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

by grace ye are saved.

These things are only true for those who dwell on the treadmill of unbelief waiting for what was promised to come quickly.

As for those who believe, there is no turning back, for no one can reenter what is dead. They receive their reward and it shall not be taken from them.

Take no counsel from those who do not have, for the promises are true in spite of their withholding spirit.

‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. Matthew 25:29

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Christ sin after He had won the victory?

The same is true for those who are His, those in Him and He in them as One. For it is no longer they who live, but Christ who lives in them.

And those who speak against their salvation, speak against Christ.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is quite obvious that you do not understand that verse, and have therefore changed the tense accordingly. But you should not be misleading people.

Reactions: ScottA

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's put it in slightly different ~ more scriptural ~ terms:

Once one is born again of the Spirit and thus in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17).

There is then, therefore now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)

Therefore for these folks have become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

This is all according to the purpose of God, which cannot be thwarted (Job 42:2).

We have been sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:13-14)

So there is ~ can be ~ no going back, because the righteous will never be moved, as God will not allow it (Psalm 55:22; 112:6). God's righteousness endures forever (Psalm 111:3, 112:3).

To wrap this up, we would all do well to remember that the grass withers, and the flower fades, but the Word of our God endures forever (Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 1:25)

Grace and peace to all.
So, to sum up what you are claiming: Christians, after all that you present here, are no longer capable of sinning.

OR any of their continued sin cannot be counted against them.

Do you agree that you are establishing that basis?

Do you even realize that you are claiming the equivalent to this?

Reactions: GodsGrace

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

by grace ye are saved.

The Gospel message is very simple, why do you want to complicate it? Maybe because you are attempting to establish your own form of righteousness, which is of/by/through the keeping of the Law!
2 Timothy 3:5, Philippines 3:9.

1 John 5
[4] For whatsoever is born [again] of God [John 3:3-8] overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
[5] Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Gospel of John 6
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

1 Cor. 3[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Rom. 8
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 John 5
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye HAVE eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Christ sin after He had won the victory?

The same is true for those who are His, those in Him and He in them as One. For it is no longer they who live, but Christ who lives in them.

And those who speak against their salvation, speak against Christ.
Christ never sinned he was Devine and perfect, I am not, I try but I fail therefore I pray for forgiveness, my humanity gets the best of me.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By grace ye are saved.

Your first argument against eternal salvation is destroyed in your own argument,

It does not say by grace are you being saved, By grace you might be saved it says you are saved.

Paul uses the same workd in titus. when he said we are not saved by good deeds, but By Gods mercy.

You can't claim you believe we are saved by Gods grace and mercy, then claim that if we do not live up to that grace and mercy God will remove his grace and mercy, that makes no sense.

Eternal life is eternal life. it means what it means forever..

Forever does not end. and it can not be lost or stop. if it could. its not forever.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ never sinned he was Devine and perfect, I am not, I try but I fail therefore I pray for forgiveness, my humanity gets the best of me.
I am only telling you what is biblical and true:

Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 1 John 3:6

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, to sum up what you are claiming: Christians, after all that you present here, are no longer capable of sinning.
You have no business putting this on anyone here-- John said that.

Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 1 John 3:6

If you do not believe it or don't understand it...it's between you and God.