Evolution the Grand Experiment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It isnt hard. A dog cannot produce a cat, a cat cannot become a bird, a bird cannot become a dinosaur, or the other way round. How do two different omeba decide they need to become a fish. how do they both decide oh i need to be a male and me a female. Its so beyong stupidty its is rediculous. yet that is waht science want us to believe. Oh and tha ta rock came alive, yet they cant believe creation.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
I have to ask....if this guy really thinks he has a solid scientific case against evolutionary theory, why doesn't he write it up in a manuscript and send it in to a prominent scientific journal like Nature or Science? I mean...we're talking the biggest paradigm shift in the history of science!! Why restrict such a revolutionary achievement to an obscure website?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
River Jordan said:
I have to ask....if this guy really thinks he has a solid scientific case against evolutionary theory, why doesn't he write it up in a manuscript and send it in to a prominent scientific journal like Nature or Science? I mean...we're talking the biggest paradigm shift in the history of science!! Why restrict such a revolutionary achievement to an obscure website?
It most likely has to do with the biblical admonition to not cast your Pearls Before Swine. Especially if he was part of the swine and knows exactly what kind of bias he faces in doing so. Maybe you should consider listening to him and then taking him to task for what you considered to be wrong and see if you can learn anything?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
StanJ said:
It most likely has to do with the biblical admonition to not cast your Pearls Before Swine.
Well isn't that just sooooo convenient.

"I have a solid evidence-based case that completely overturns the unifying framework that all the life sciences have used for the last 150 years, and would be the single most important thing to happen in science, probably ever."

Are you going to publish it?

"Nah...they wouldn't believe me."

Looks to me like the kid who's always talking trash on the sidelines about how he could kick everyone's behind, but whenever the chance comes up for him to get out there and play, he always musters one excuse or another. :D

Especially if he was part of the swine and knows exactly what kind of bias he faces in doing so.
If he truly believes in this sort of conspiracy, then what better way to demonstrate it to be more than a crackpot conspiracy theory than to send in his argument and have it be arbitrarily rejected? Talk about something creationists the world over could point to as supporting their cause!

Maybe you should consider listening to him and then taking him to task for what you considered to be wrong and see if you can learn anything?
I did. Anything you find particularly persuasive?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
River Jordan said:
Well isn't that just sooooo convenient.

"I have a solid evidence-based case that completely overturns the unifying framework that all the life sciences have used for the last 150 years, and would be the single most important thing to happen in science, probably ever."
Are you going to publish it?

"Nah...they wouldn't believe me."
Despite your deflection and equivocation, the point remains that he obviously does not feel that his peers would have anything kind to say given their bias. Just like you're bias is very apparent in this reply.

River Jordan said:
Looks to me like the kid who's always talking trash on the sidelines about how he could kick everyone's behind, but whenever the chance comes up for him to get out there and play, he always musters one excuse or another.
Looks to me like you have a lot of experience at being that kid?

River Jordan said:
If he truly believes in this sort of conspiracy, then what better way to demonstrate it to be more than a crackpot conspiracy theory than to send in his argument and have it be arbitrarily rejected? Talk about something creationists the world over could point to as supporting their cause!
You color the conspiracy I call it fact regardless it's not what he feels like doing. If you want an actual answer to your question then ask the person doing it. All you're doing here is wasting my time and others. We who believe the Bible don't need support for our belief. We believe because we have faith in the fact that God's word is true in what it depicts in creation. It's only people like you that want support and think you have it because of some theoretical views of some particular sciences that you have believed, rather than God. I personally liken it to the gay agenda where they want their lifestyle to be accepted so they themselves can feel acceptable. They can get all the backing in the world that they want but it's still won't make their lifestyle acceptable to God.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
StanJ said:
Despite your deflection and equivocation, the point remains that he obviously does not feel that his peers would have anything kind to say given their bias. Just like you're bias is very apparent in this reply.
Seriously? "I would single-handedly overturn the entire framework of the earth and life sciences....but scientists might not be nice about it"? Lame.

Looks to me like you have a lot of experience at being that kid?
Pay attention Stan. I'm the one in the game, doing science. This guy is just on the sidelines talking a big game, but when it comes time to get in the game, according to you he's too scared.

You color the conspiracy I call it fact regardless it's not what he feels like doing.
You call it a "fact" based on what?

If you want an actual answer to your question then ask the person doing it. All you're doing here is wasting my time and others.
I already know why he doesn't try and get his material published.

We who believe the Bible don't need support for our belief. We believe because we have faith in the fact that God's word is true in what it depicts in creation. It's only people like you that want support and think you have it because of some theoretical views of some particular sciences that you have believed, rather than God.
Wouldn't be a Stan post if it didn't have a "I'm a good Christian and you're not" in it. :rolleyes:

I personally liken it to the gay agenda where they want their lifestyle to be accepted so they themselves can feel acceptable. They can get all the backing in the world that they want but it's still won't make their lifestyle acceptable to God.
Um.......yeah.....scientists are just like gays. Thanks Stan. :wacko:

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:
His work is in generating books and DVDs for purchase. I find it amusing you do not even look to what he presents yet comment about it.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an excerpt from the website...

In his sophomore year of college, Dr. Carl Werner was challenged by a fellow classmate with these words: “I bet you can’t prove evolution.” Disturbed by his classmate’s somewhat poignant criticisms of the theory, Dr. Werner (a biology major at the time) pondered this conversation for some time. From this point, he began his quest for an answer.

Driven by his stringent scientific background and exceedingly curious nature, Dr. Werner read and researched every topic he could find on evolution, including paleontology, geology, biology, and biochemistry. After 18 years of study, Dr. Werner considered himself ready to begin a series of experiments by which to test evolution. For the next 17 years, 1997-2014, Dr. Werner traveled to the best museums and dig sites around the globe photographing thousands of original fossils and the actual fossil layers where they were found.

In Volume 1, EVOLUTION: THE GRAND EXPERIMENT, Dr. Werner explains the framework for the theory of evolution
to the public and enlightens the reader with scientific pros and cons offered by the some of the world’s most respected scientists interviewed during his travels.

In Volume 2, LIVING FOSSILS, Dr. Werner asks the simplest question. Was life completely different in the past (evolution) or did some animals and plants simply go extinct (creation)? To get the answer to that question, Dr. Werner compared fossils from the rock layers containing dinosaur bones to modern animals and plants and presents this as a photographic essay in his book and video Living Fossils.
The approach Dr. Werner takes in explaining some of his findings is both refreshing and appealing, always allowing the reader to reach their own conclusions. Of particular interest is that much of the information Dr. Werner presents in his book series (and video series) has not been previously heard by the public.

His hope is that this book series and ongoing video series will be the starting point for a national discussion about evolution to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the publication of Darwin’s The Origin of Species.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
justaname said:
His work is in generating books and DVDs for purchase.
That doesn't answer the question. If he truly believes he has a solid scientific case that will overturn the fundamental framework of all the life sciences, why doesn't he get it published in a scientific journal where it will actually have an impact? Solely writing books and making DVD's puts him in the same category as bigfoot enthusiasts.

I find it amusing you do not even look to what he presents yet comment about it.
You linked to a homepage. Is there something there you find particularly compelling that you'd like to discuss further?