Expose on Mormonism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even men who were taught of the Lord, like Paul the apostle...
Pauls was no pastor, he was a man simply a man doing what God asked of Him. The pastors of this world have a lot to answer for, making slaves of Gods children, laying rules and commandments on them that weigh them down, keeping them from God, this bit

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

and this bit

Mat_23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

any man calls himself pastor, or teacher or prophet, I run from them for none of God would ever lay a title upon them selves, they prefer the lower seats in the hope that Christ may raise them up to sit with Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul identified himself as an apostle in not a few places in scripture (in the introductions to most of his epistles). Do you run from Paul too? Just sayin'...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not claimed to know anything about her heart. (although Isaiah 56:1-2, 1 Corinthians 6:2-3, Philippians 1:9 give me the right to judge "God's people": and, of course, Jesus is the One who died) I do know that the doctrines of Mormonism are spiritually poison to the heart, however.

So I suppose that I am judging her heart by proxy, by virtue of the knowledge of what Mormonism does to the heart.

But certainly not directly.

Praise the Lord!

I suspect that there are some closet (or, "stealth") Mormons within the ranks of those who come to these message boards (not necessarily you, @"ByGrace").

Just for your information:

I've not been a Mormon but have known several pretty well. My own older brother [my only full brother] married a woman who had been a Mormon all of her life. My brother, like me, at that time had no experience with churches but Catholicism. My wife and I tried to get along with them but there was a straw that broke the camel's back. Their two oldest boys got hold of my only daughter [then 6 years old] and sexually molested her out in the yard area of my mother's home. The youngest boy was about 3 years older than my daughter. She came to me and told me what happened.

We confronted her parents and the two boys. Both boys denied it initially. My brother said nothing. My sister-in-law refused to believe her boys would lie to her. She charged my 6 year old daughter of making up the whole thing. About that time her oldest son was convicted in his heart I guess, spoke up admitting that he had imposed himself on my daughter against her will. The other brother continued to deny his part for years. We disconnected with my brother and his family.

Many years later the younger brother who had denied participation in anything wrong against my daughter had just returned from a mission for his church in France. He called me and my wife on the telephone from another state and admitted that he was guilty. He apologized for what he had done and for lying about it. His mother, the life long Mormon would never speak to us at all of admit that her boys were in error or to apologize.

My brother never spoke about it, but he divorced his Mormon wife when his youngest son [3rd son not involved in the molestation] graduated from high school. He disconnected from the Mormon Church in which he had been deeply involved holding some special position for years. He has to this day never returned to any church. [He has remarried and is now 76 years old.] His boys remain Mormons. Their mother died several years ago but never spoke to us again.

Do I hate Mormons because of those events? Absolutely not. I subsequently had Mormon friends who enjoyed talking with me about the Lord in spite of our differences which we did not hide from each other. The best witness a person can have for God comes from his life rather than his mouth. Some Mormons have shown me a very good witness in the way they lived their lives. Some of them knew God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says you...Now those who are of the world will listen to you rather than me per 1 John 4:5-6.

God is not three Spirits. There is only one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4).

So what do you do with the one body part?

God the Father is self-existent and always was. And it was the 1st Person of the Trinity who took on an added nature of human flesh in order to become the 2nd. The 3rd came about when he released His Spirit back to Himself.

There was no God the father in the OT.

Verse please on the first person of the Trinity taking on flesh.

The Holy Spirit existed in the Old Testament.

The word Elohim was used which means three or more created the world.

God appeared to Abraham as three men.

Perhaps not, but I consider it to be a first truth, that if a Person dwells throughout eternity, their descending would not mean that they would cease to dwell throughout eternity. The nature of eternity requires this, if you can wrap your mind around the concepts.

Specify what you mean by descendents.

God is one eternal Spirit (Ephesians 4:4, John 4:23-24, John 7:37-39, Colossians 1:27)

Ephesians does not say that.

John 4:23-24 New International Version (NIV)
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

God is Elohim in hell Elohim is three or more.

And remember when this verse was written. The second person of the Trinity had set aside his divinity to live like a man.

He prayed to the father, meaning he was not the father.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for your information:

I've not been a Mormon but have known several pretty well. My own older brother [my only full brother] married a woman who had been a Mormon all of her life. My brother, like me, at that time had no experience with churches but Catholicism. My wife and I tried to get along with them but there was a straw that broke the camel's back. Their two oldest boys got hold of my only daughter [then 6 years old] and sexually molested her out in the yard area of my mother's home. The youngest boy was about 3 years older than my daughter. She came to me and told me what happened.

We confronted her parents and the two boys. Both boys denied it initially. My brother said nothing. My sister-in-law refused to believe her boys would lie to her. She charged my 6 year old daughter of making up the whole thing. About that time her oldest son was convicted in his heart I guess, spoke up admitting that he had imposed himself on my daughter against her will. The other brother continued to deny his part for years. We disconnected with my brother and his family.

Many years later the younger brother who had denied participation in anything wrong against my daughter had just returned from a mission for his church in France. He called me and my wife on the telephone from another state and admitted that he was guilty. He apologized for what he had done and for lying about it. His mother, the life long Mormon would never speak to us at all of admit that her boys were in error or to apologize.

My brother never spoke about it, but he divorced his Mormon wife when his youngest son [3rd son not involved in the molestation] graduated from high school. He disconnected from the Mormon Church in which he had been deeply involved holding some special position for years. He has to this day never returned to any church. [He has remarried and is now 76 years old.] His boys remain Mormons. Their mother died several years ago but never spoke to us again.

Do I hate Mormons because of those events? Absolutely not. I subsequently had Mormon friends who enjoyed talking with me about the Lord in spite of our differences which we did not hide from each other. The best witness a person can have for God comes from his life rather than his mouth. Some Mormons have shown me a very good witness in the way they lived their lives. Some of them knew God.

Is this supposed to have anything to do whether Mormons are Christians or not?

I've had friends who were Mormons and Catholics. An aunt and uncle who are Jehovah witness.

That has no impact on whether they are Christian or not.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quotes by @CoreIssue

Verse please on the first person of the Trinity taking on flesh.

Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 2:9 (kjv).

The Holy Spirit existed in the Old Testament.

Yes, when Jesus released the Holy Ghost back to the Father, He released Him to be outside of time, dwelling in eternity and able to descend into time whenever and wherever.

God appeared to Abraham as three men.

Two of them were angels, the other was Jesus Christ, if you read the whole story in its context.

Specify what you mean by descendents.

Not descendents. I said that the Father descended...Ephesians 4:10.

Ephesians does not say that.

Ephesians 4:4 teaches that there is only one Spirit...elsewhere (I believe in Hebrews) the scripture teaches that that Spirit is eternal.

He prayed to the Father, meaning He was not the Father.

He prayed to His former self, who did not vacate eternity when He became the Son.

You must consider that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29 (kjv)). According to Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21, the Father is that Lord. Now if you have the Holy Ghost then you can and will confess that Jesus is the Lord in light of this information (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="justbyfaith, post: 484221, member: 7886"]Quotes by @CoreIssue
Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 2:9 (kjv).

Jesus is not the father.

Colossians 2:9 New International Version (NIV)
9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

His spirit is the second person of the Trinity which is equally God with the first and third persons of the Trinity. To see one is to see all.

Notice it does not say the flesh of Jesus is deity. It says deity is in his flesh.

Yes, when Jesus released the Holy Ghost back to the Father, He released Him to be outside of time, dwelling in eternity and able to descend into time whenever and wherever.

Not biblical.
Two of them were angels, the other was Jesus Christ, if you read the whole story in its context.

I read the whole story. It says God appeared to Abraham. Not Jesus and not angels.

Not descendents. I said that the Father descended...Ephesians 4:10.

Jesus descended not the father.

Ephesians 4:4 teaches that there is only one Spirit...elsewhere (I believe in Hebrews) the scripture teaches that that Spirit is eternal.

God is eternal and God is spirit.

But it never says the father is Jesus were only the father spirit.

He prayed to His former self, who did not vacate eternity when He became the Son.

Malachi 3:6 New International Version (NIV)
Breaking Covenant by Withholding Tithes
6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.

You must consider that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29 (kjv)). According to Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21, the Father is that Lord. Now if you have the Holy Ghost then you can and will confess that Jesus is the Lord in light of this information (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).[/QUOTE]

The Bible never says Holy Ghost, it is Holy Spirit.

The Bible never says God is one singular person.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not the only one who classifies Mormonism (not "Mormons") as a cult. It should be pretty clear that orthodox Christianity classifies Mormonism as a cult. Blue Letter Bible is a respected Christian website. But now I suspect it will come under attack by the Mormons because it contains information that refutes their faith so aptly as it does.
Well perhaps that is part of our explanation, isn't it? I would never have classified myself as orthodox. My problem with many Protestant churches is that they have carried with them the problems I recall from my own early years as a Catholic.

That is a funny question. Of course God uses His people to get His will accomplished on the earth (although He doesn't need us). We are privileged to be used by Him. Have you never heard the song where the songwriter complains to God, "Why don't you do something about all of this evil that I see?" And the response of God is, "I did! I created you!"
I agree that God uses people, but the ones who are not hearing Him may find themselves being used as part of His left hand. We to be used of God, but if we are not surrendered to Him at a proper moment, He may use us in the improper moment as one working for Him instead of with Him.

Obedience to God does not obtain His approval. Only faith in Jesus does that.
My reference was to this verse showing study as an act of obedience in order to receive God's approval:

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15

Those not being led by the Holy Ghost as they study the scriptures may find that this verse applies to them:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

A person must be hearing from God now in order to know that he is obeying God now rather than following rules that he has learned on his own or following the road of his previous experiences.

Now the doctrines of Mormonism are a belief system that, no doubt, produces a people that appear to be righteous (see 2 Corinthians 11:13-15). And maybe they even are righteous according to every outward standard of conduct.
If they are not really righteous, presuming that you would know for sure, should you not know that it is your job to correct them before proceeding? As I see it, we need to be certain before laying our hands on anyone:

"Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure." I Thess 5:22

God will certainly be lenient when our purpose right even though it would have been better to wait on Him. and
His time.

However, Jesus "accused" the Pharisees of being outwardly righteous before men, but that inwardly they were full of all extortion and excess. That they were like whitewashed tombs that were full of dead men's bones.

Only every individual knows for themselves whether that applies to them personally.
No, many people, I believe, who hold themselves out to be followers of Christ, are walking in delusion. They think they know, but lack of love for truth they are instead deluded.[see II Thess 2:11]

But I happen to know that it only applies to every person who has not been saved/redeemed/made into a new creature in Christ, by the grace of God (see Titus 3:3).

I say this knowing that I will probably get even more flack.

I am uncertain of your meaning here, so I stand back.

But Jesus even said to His brothers, The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth because I testify of it that its deeds are evil. (John 7:7).

And if we as followers of Christ are hated by the world because we follow His example and do the same thing, He told us that we ought not to marvel at it.
But, you are testifying that this person, @Jane_Doe22 is hating you and/or that she is a part of the "world" simply because she is Mormon, rather than because of any hate she has actually directly toward you. Jesus made statements based on knowledge. How much knowledge do we have about every person we encounter on a forum like this? We may know specifics on some because their actions or words, but your own words against this lady seems to be based on her acknowledged affiliation with the LDS.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says you...Now those who are of the world will listen to you rather than me per 1 John 4:5-6.

Sorry my friend but you have much to learn as you continue to show your arrogance (pride in your own understanding), standing in judgment of the faith and belief of others simply because their views do not reflect your own personal interpretation of the scriptures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His spirit is the second person of the Trinity which is equally God with the first and third persons of the Trinity.

There is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4). Are you saying that the Father and the Holy Ghost are separate Spirits than the Son? I would count three Spirits there, if you say that.

Not biblical.

See Isaiah 57:15.

I read the whole story. It says God appeared to Abraham. Not Jesus and not angels.

Nope, you didn't. Keep reading into the next chapters.

The Bible never says Holy Ghost, it is Holy Spirit.

You are assuming that the kjv is not a valid Bible. I've got news for you: it is the word of God.

The Bible never says God is one singular person.

It says He is one Spirit, one Lord, and one God (Ephesians 4:4-6, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

Those not being led by the Holy Ghost as they study the scriptures may find that this verse applies to them:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

That scripture applies to every one who studies with rigor.

Sorry my friend but you have much to learn as you continue to show your arrogance (pride in your own understanding), standing in judgment of the faith and belief of others simply because their views do not reflect your own personal interpretation of the scriptures.

This kind of thinking will eventually develop into the One World, Antichrist religion.

Just accept everyone's faith system, it is just their interpretation.

Well, we are getting closer, I will tell you that much!

PS I encourage the reader to actually read 1 John 4:5-6 which encourages the mentality that you seem to want to discourage.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, you are testifying that this person, @Jane_Doe22 is hating you and/or that she is a part of the "world" simply because she is Mormon, rather than because of any hate she has actually directly toward you.
No, I was not testifying to that at all. I was testifying that those who are giving me flack are doing so because I testify (as did our Lord) that their deeds are evil.

And she has certainly shown hatred toward me in placing me on Ignore; perhaps you do not classify that as hatred; but I classify it as hatred when a person does what they can to turn off the button that is your voice to them.

Now I will testify to the fact that, yes, those who believe in the doctrines of Mormonism are a part of the world because they are not in Christ since they believe in a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="justbyfaith, post: 484310, member: 7886"]There is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4). Are you saying that the Father and the Holy Ghost are separate Spirits than the Son? I would count three Spirits there, if you say that.

The composition of God is three individuals absolutely equal and all spirits.

Obviously you do not understand Elohim is a uniplural, meaning three or four or more individuals working in a unity of one.

file:///C:/Users/us/AppData/Local/Temp/Lesson%202%20-%20Elohim%20Uniplural-1.pdf/Temp/Lesson%202%20-%20Elohim%20Uniplural-1.pdf

Elohim
-
Uni
-
plural
The ending “im” indicates masculine plural, three or more in Hebrew.
The name of God given at creation reveals the reality of the Godhead
-
the
holy Three
-
in
-
One, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:26
“Let
us make man in our image”
Similar language
-
Genesis 3:22
“The man has now become like one of us,
knowing good and evil”
Genesis 11:7
“Come, let us go down and confuse their
language”
Here we see a glimpse of a mysterious truth that will be more ful
ly explained
in the New Testament.
This is an extremely difficult concept
-
Apple Analogy
-
Read
Three in One
Three distinct personalities, separated by function
It is interesting to note that although Elohim is plural, the verb that
accompanies it is alw
ays singular.
Deuteronomy 6:4
“ The Lord Our God, the Lord is One.”
Isaiah 45:5, 22
“Apart from me there is no Elohim”
Each played a part in creation
-
Genesis 1:1
;
Exodus 20:11
Revelation 4:11
The Father
John 1:1
-
3; Colossians 1:16
Jesus, the Son
Genesis 1:2; Job 33:4; Psalm 104:30
The Spirit
Diagram found on a cathedral wall in Europe
Four essential truths about the Trinity
1. God is one
-
Mark 12:29, 1 Corinthians 8:4, James 2:19

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you mean rejecting teaching something other than what the Bible does on the core requirements to be a Christian, indeed I do.

To violate the core means one is not saved, so that should not be allowed to stand and keep destroying people, spiritually speaking.

Well I would guess that your core is not mine as I could not easily reduce it to a core unless I were to say the necessaries are the two greatest commandments on which everything else depends. Then people get to discussing everything else and quite often come to disagreement in that.
Like Mother Teresa. She comforted and embraced Muslims who were dying without ever trying to save, in example.
I call that loving them all way to hell.

You cannot show me anywhere in the Bible that teaches us to embrace error.

Not embracing something doesn't mean we need to harshly attack it considering the each of us does live by faith which is not equal to knowledge. You and I must stand on what we believe, and to expect another person to do otherwise because he/she doesn't believe the same thing is unrealistic... even if you are right.

My purpose was to hopefully to open her eyes to what was wrong with Mormonism.
She responded saying what I posted was loaded with error.

When you believe something is wrong about a group isn't it best to know what it they really do believe rather than make a judgment against something they don't believe anyway?
I've had several close Catholic friends and some Mormon friends. My uncle and aunt are JW's.
They know I disagree with them but we remain friends.

So then stand where you stand, but if you treat you friend and family well, why should you or anyone do differently here. This does not mean you have to agree with them.

She needs to abandon Mormonism for Christ in the Bible. I am nondenominational.

I also am denominational as if that made a difference. As to her abandoning Mormonism, I have yet to hear anyone on this thread provide a good reason to do that based on evidence. If there is evidence available here it is what God has placed in a person's heart. If the same evidence is not placed in the other person's heart also by God, how likely is it that that person will change?

How can someone who believes in error correct someone?

So you want to preach to an docile audience and not hear what they have to say? That is not a discussion. That is a lecture. A "come to my thread and listen to my words, but keep your mouth shut" type of lecture is not likely to win souls... if indeed there are souls needing to be won.

God works through us, so she needs someone.

Even is she does, the decision to listen without speaking would be hers not yours. She did not choose to remain silent and listen. You refused to listen because you had already decided she had nothing worth listening to... What would you expect her conclusion to be? Again you want to lecture. You do not want to discuss. If you are really right, would not an honest open two-sided discussion do the job of getting your points across?

Here you go again with the old thing of leave it up to the Holy Spirit. If that were the case the prophets in the apostles were never needed. Nor is the Bible.
I hope you realize the Holy Spirit guides people to the right people that can help them.

Leave up to the Holy Spirit? Without the Holy Spirit this is where we are:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

The prophets and the apostles would not have done a thing for God without the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul, then called Saul, knew the scriptures very well before he met Jesus. he had all the that information but his understanding was warped because he was following his own head instead of be led by God. A good student is a good thing only if that student is led by the Holy Spirit. Otherwise he is just like Saul... bent on killing or discrediting those who are not on his team. Of course Saul believed his team had it right. They had Moses, didn't they?
Moses, himself, missed out of entering into the Promised Land.

I think the reality here is you don't like what I said about Oneness.

I don't recall what you said about oneness. But it doesn't matter as I finally I left them in 1987, a bit more than 30 years ago. What would it or could it or should it matter to me now?

Nothing I said about Mormonism was inaccurate

As far as accusations go, the only thing I said was she does not know it is much about her own religion as she thinks she does. That based on what a regular Mormon and Temple Mormon are taught, her being a regular Mormon.
Normal Mormons are rarely seen on Christian forums such as this. This could probably be said also of most traditional Protestant pew sitters. You need to look at the individual more carefully.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to her abandoning Mormonism, I have yet to hear anyone on this thread provide a good reason to do that based on evidence.

The evidence that Joseph Smith is a false prophet based in chapters 4, 5 & 6 of the expose.

A "come to my thread and listen to my words, but keep your mouth shut" type of lecture is not likely to win souls... if indeed there are souls needing to be won.

History does not bear out that this is true. Many souls have come to faith in Jesus Christ as the result of sitting under the preaching of a sermon by a pastor wherein they did not have the ability to converse back (or heckle).

And as a matter of fact, the more fertile type of soil is that which is not among thorns; and God even tells us not to sow among them in Jeremiah 4:3.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I would guess that your core is not mine as I could not easily reduce it to a core unless I were to say the necessaries are the two greatest commandments on which everything else depends. Then people get to discussing everything else and quite often come to disagreement in that.
Not embracing something doesn't mean we need to harshly attack it considering the each of us does live by faith which is not equal to knowledge. You and I must stand on what we believe, and to expect another person to do otherwise because he/she doesn't believe the same thing is unrealistic... even if you are right.

When you believe something is wrong about a group isn't it best to know what it they really do believe rather than make a judgment against something they don't believe anyway?
So then stand where you stand, but if you treat you friend and family well, why should you or anyone do differently here. This does not mean you have to agree with them.

I also am denominational as if that made a difference. As to her abandoning Mormonism, I have yet to hear anyone on this thread provide a good reason to do that based on evidence. If there is evidence available here it is what God has placed in a person's heart. If the same evidence is not placed in the other person's heart also by God, how likely is it that that person will change?

So you want to preach to an docile audience and not hear what they have to say? That is not a discussion. That is a lecture. A "come to my thread and listen to my words, but keep your mouth shut" type of lecture is not likely to win souls... if indeed there are souls needing to be won.

Even is she does, the decision to listen without speaking would be hers not yours. She did not choose to remain silent and listen. You refused to listen because you had already decided she had nothing worth listening to... What would you expect her conclusion to be? Again you want to lecture. You do not want to discuss. If you are really right, would not an honest open two-sided discussion do the job of getting your points across?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

The prophets and the apostles would not have done a thing for God without the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul, then called Saul, knew the scriptures very well before he met Jesus. he had all the that information but his understanding was warped because he was following his own head instead of be led by God. A good student is a good thing only if that student is led by the Holy Spirit. Otherwise he is just like Saul... bent on killing or discrediting those who are not on his team. Of course Saul believed his team had it right. They had Moses, didn't they?

I don't recall what you said about oneness. But it doesn't matter as I finally I left them in 1987, a bit more than 30 years ago. What would it or could it or should it matter to me now?

Normal Mormons are rarely seen on Christian forums such as this. This could probably be said also of most traditional Protestant pew sitters. You need to look at the individual more carefully.

Mormonism has another God. They have another Christ. They have another salvation. They add the Bible the book of Mormon and say it is part of the Bible.

If you don't think that's enough to say they're not Christian, wow.

The Bible tells us there are many Christ. So just professing Christ is meaningless unless you know which one they're talking about.

Time to get past inserting the Holy Spirit in every other sentence. We already agreed it is study guided by the holy spirit.

True or not, you seem to imply Bible studies not needed in the Holy Spirit enough. Which is most assuredly not biblical. God gave us the Bible for a reason.

If she is not a Mormon then why does she defended why hasn't she left?

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We stated: Sorry my friend but you have much to learn as you continue to show your arrogance (pride in your own understanding), standing in judgment of the faith and belief of others simply because their views do not reflect your own personal interpretation of the scriptures.

This kind of thinking will eventually develop into the One World, Antichrist religion.

Just accept everyone's faith system, it is just their interpretation.

Well, we are getting closer, I will tell you that much!

PS I encourage the reader to actually read 1 John 4:5-6 which encourages the mentality that you seem to want to discourage.

No one said a word about anyone's system of faith, we were referring to their faith and belief in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, not what particular sect they might be joined to. You appear to imagine the very thing you argue against, that everyone should except your interpretation as being the only true interpretation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You appear to imagine the very thing you argue against, that everyone should except your interpretation as being the only true interpretation.
See 1 Corinthians 1:10.

I also do my best not to give any private interpretation (for no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation...2 Peter 1:20).

Rather, I try to expound on what the text clearly and literally says (see 2 Corinthians 3:12 (kjv). The Bible is clear in its context what it intends to be received parabolically or allegorically; the rest is to be taken literally.